PDA

View Full Version : Most exciting releases of 2010

ravenheart
01-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Sparked by an exchange with Maiden 33, what are people most excited about this year?

For me the first really exciting releases are Charred Walls of The Damned, Rage and Heathen.

There's also new stuff from Hellfueled and Orphaned Land in the first couple of months of the year, and a new Sodom DVD. After that... obviously new Maiden if they manage to get it out this year. New Black Label Society (yeah, fuck you all), ZZ Top, double Avantasia, Alice Cooper, Down, Venom, the Triptykon debut, Forbidden and Testament.

And even though they'll probably not be that great, Rob Zombie and Ozzy.

As for hopes, I hope Krux cross paths long enough to make the third album they want to make, and the Soundgarden, Saint Vitus and Goatsnake reunions produce new records.

But most of all, new Arena. Can. Not. Fucking. Wait.

Maiden33
01-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Basically a condensed, elaborated version of my list in the other thread:

Avantasia - The Wicked Symphony / Angel of Babylon. Admittedly I am a big Tobias Sammet fanboy and loved The Scarecrow and didn't hate the last Edguy record. Given the current guest list and all of his own and others' hype, I can't help but think this is going to be an amazing project. This definitely takes the cake for most-anticipated for me.

Iron Maiden - TBA. Come on, it's Maiden, obviously I'm really excited. Especially given that I'm apparently in the minority that really liked A Matter of life and Death.

Masterplan - TBA. Jorn is back. If this even comes close to the first two records I'm going to looove it.

Seventh Wonder - TBA. "Mercy Falls" is without ANY doubt the best record I heard this year, and has completely blown me away and become one of my favorite albums of the past 5 years, no question. It goes without saying I'm really, really excited.

Circus Maximus - TBA. "Isolate" was an incredible record that blended heavy prog metal with great AOR, and easily one of the best of '07 for me. Very excited to see where they're going with the next one.

Blind Guardian - TBA. It's been, as expected, quite a wait since A Twist in the Myth, and I personally think "Sacred" is better than everything on it. Also, my love for this band has done nothing but expand over the past 5 years.

A few random other notes/thoughts:
Circle II Circle: Something much more like Burden of Truth and much less like Delusions of Granduer would be highly appreciated.
Jon Oliva's Pain: They claim it's gonna be amazing, and I still think Jon has it in him, but this is a wildcard. Global Warning was pretty "meh".
Kamelot: Please be better than Ghost Opera.
Gamma Ray: Hoping they try some new things and don't stick too much to formulas, that's what held the last album back. I'm sure whatever they throw together though, I'll enjoy it.
Blaze Bayley: Be better than The Man Who Would Not Die.
Jag Panzer: Huge wildcard, it's been 6 years since the last record. Hopefully it rules.
Symphony X: Hopefully they reclaim some of their sonic diversity and atmosphere and play down the chugga chugga riffs and harsher vocals that were killing Paradise lost.
labyrinth: Rejoice, the classic lineup of one of prog/power's most underrated bands is back together, hopefully redeeming their awful last record.

idrinkwine732
01-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Dark Tranquillity
Arsis
Necrophagist if it finally comes out
Testament, hopefully we get new shit on American Carnage
If Machine Head gets one out I'd be happy
Cormorant, who are already writing a new one
Death Angel has a new one coming up right?

I can't remember a lot of the ones I was looking forward to.

powerslave_85
01-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Always stoked for new Maiden, and the new Blind Guardian should be pretty good too. I'm really excited for new Arcade Fire and Ted Leo & the Pharmacists in the first quarter. Other than that, I haven't heard about anything else.

ravenheart
01-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Damn, can't believe I forgot Cathedral!!

mankvill
01-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Hmm. I guess Maiden. Necrophagist, if they get around to it. I'd be excited out of my mind for Arsis, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be just okay.

Triptykon is high up near the top, though. :lovedup:

ravenheart
01-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Oh yes, there should be new Demon too!

DethMaiden
01-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Way more than I have any idea about right now, but for starters, Iron Maiden, Rob Zombie, Mouth of the Architect, Man's Gin, and especially NEVERMORE!

IrritatedTrout
01-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Iron Maiden: Can't wait for them to deliver their new masterpiece. Topping AMOLAD will be near impossible but I'm sure they'll deliver something outstanding.

Avantasia: The Scarecrow was awesome, as was Tinnitus Sanctus.

Blaze Bayley: Didn't care for The Man That Would Not Die much so I'm hoping this one will be more like the first three albums. Watching the Night Sky has kinda dampened my hopes though.

Kamelot: I've thoroughly enjoyed every album since The Fourth Legacy so I'm betting this one will be good too.

Also, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Burzum, Alice Cooper (didn't know he was working on a new one), and Ozzy (pretty sure it will suck though). I think ICS Vortex will be releasing something next year, be it as a solo effort or with his old band.

idrinkwine732
01-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I'd be excited out of my mind for Arsis, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be just okay.

I liked Beyond Forlorn a whole lot, but Forced to Rock totally blew. When your opening track is awful, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the album.

ravenheart
01-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Alice Cooper (didn't know he was working on a new one)

He is, but to be honest, he has a habit of putting his albums on hold while he does other things. So whether or not it actually makes it to the shelves before the end of the year, who knows. He's touring Europe in the Summer, so I certainly wouldn't expect it before about October. Unless he rushes it out before the tour.

JuuKun
01-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Tarot - Gravity of Light. "Crows Fly Black" is one of my favorite albums, period, and if they keep it up this is going to be a monster of a disc.

Ihsahn - After. Both "The Adversary" and "angL" were phenomenal, so I can't wait for this new one.

ReVamp - TBA. Floor Jansen's new band, which is enough to get me excited.

New Nevermore, Iron Maiden, Dark Tranquillity, Orphaned Land and Kamelot excite me the most out of what's already been mentioned. Danne told me that Inmoria were already working on some more stuff, so maybe a new Inmoria album in 2010.

Think that about sums it up.

mastodon421
01-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Quite a few i'm excited at top would for sure be High On Fire,Korn,The Dillinger Escape Plan,As I Lay Dying and of course Maiden.

ravenheart
01-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Tarot - Gravity of Light. "Crows Fly Black" is one of my favorite albums, period, and if they keep it up this is going to be a monster of a disc.

Oh hell yes. Forgot about this one.

Natrlhi
01-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Meshuggah - Alive (CD/DVD)
Arsis - Starve for the Devil
High on Fire - Snakes for the Divine
Red Sparowes (LP) - TBD
Red Sparowes (DVD) - TBD
Mouth of the Architect - TBD (EP)
Grayceon - TBD
Necrophagist - Dawn and Demise (working title?)
Decrepit Birth - Polarity
Nachtmystium - Black Meddle, Part II (working title)
Cult of Luna - TBD
Cynic - TBD (EP)
Neurosis - TBD (label Neurot Records has confirmed new material is in the works)
Ludicra - The Tenant
Unleashed - As Yggdrasil Trembles
Shining - VI / Klagopsalmer
Landmine Marathon - Sovereign Descent
Julie Christmas (1st Solo Album!) - The Bad Wife
A Silver Mt. Zion - Kollaps Tradixionales
Bison B.C. - TBD
Vader - TBD (EP)
The Ocean - TBD
Trap Them - TBD
Grave - TBD
Grails - TBD
Darkest Hour - TBD
Morbid Angel - TBD
The Sword - TBD
65daysofstatic - TBD

DethMaiden
01-04-2010, 07:51 PM
Okay, the only things I'm excited about that I'm currently aware of that are far enough along to have titles and in many cases release dates:

Fear Factory - Mechanize
Overkill - Ironbound
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Rob Zombie - Hellbilly Deluxe 2
Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow
Priestess - Prior to the Fire
Peter Gabriel - Scratch My Back

idrinkwine732
01-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Arthur told me that Cormorants writing a new one too, dunno if it'll be out in 2010 though...

xStructualDefect
01-04-2010, 09:22 PM
most anticipated are Korn, Symphony X, Kalmah, and hopefully WINTERSUN releases Time by this year.

others i wanna check out are Blind Guardian, As I Lay Dying, Arsis, Kamelot if it's better than Ghost Opera, Gamma Ray, Eluveitie, Finntroll, and Whitechapel. can't think of anything else.

idrinkwine732
01-04-2010, 09:33 PM
hopefully WINTERSUN releases Time by this year.

I wish us all good in this regard.

zgodt
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
If The Arcade Fire have a new album coming out, then that's by far the most exciting thing on the horizon.

I'll be curious to hear where DEP goes next. And maybe Orphaned Land. I love me some Coheed & Cambria, but I'm skeptical about their next one. It's purported to be "very melodic." I fear in their case that might translate as hokey, ballad-heavy, and woefully sucktastic.

If Maiden already said their album will come out in 2011, why would anyone think it will come earlier? What, because they're known lately for moving ahead of schedule?

powerslave_85
01-04-2010, 11:09 PM
If The Arcade Fire have a new album coming out, then that's by far the most exciting thing on the horizon.May, supposedly.

Indestructible
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Nevermore

Maiden33
01-05-2010, 03:31 PM
If Maiden already said their album will come out in 2011, why would anyone think it will come earlier?

Because until a few days ago (ie after most of these posts had been made), they hadn't said it possibly wasn't coming out until early next year. Previously the big rumor (as originally perpetuated by an interview with one of them, Janick I believe), was that it was due in the fall of this year.

ravenheart
01-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Nevermore

Hell yes.

andrew_metalhead
01-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Iron Maiden (2010 please, not 2011!!), Overkill, Armored Saint and Forbidden.

Maiden33
01-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Armored Saint

Damn, I had forgotten about this. I'm quite excited. The demo song they posted a few months ago sounded great.

zgodt
01-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Holy shit. Listening to the sample tracks from Orphaned Land's new album on myspace. Sounds amazing.

maidenpriest
01-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Maiden *hopefully*
Symphony X
Blind Guardian
Nevermore
Kamelot
Avantasia
Rhapsody of Fire
Dark Tranquillity
Testament

xStructualDefect
01-22-2010, 02:46 AM
i forgot all about Dark Tranquillity. for some reason i have a feeling it's only going to be okay. something i think that's good, but i won't find myself listening to often. i'm like that with their album Ficiton.

i think the same with Arsis. Forced To Rock wasn't that great at all. i hate to say it but i think the same with Kalmah. For The Revolution definently wasn't a standout compared to their other 4 albums i'd consider all masterpieces.

i really have high hopes for Symphony X and Korn.

if Wintersun releases Time by this year i have a bad feeling i'm gonna get let down for as how long i've been wanting this album to get released.

DethMaiden
01-23-2010, 10:36 PM
I just heard most of the new Ihsahn album last night. It's fucking AWESOME, I like his first two solo discs but this blows them out of the water. I need to take some time to wrap my head around it but it's perhaps the best thing he's done, including Emperor.

daimonos
01-23-2010, 10:40 PM
I just heard most of the new Ihsahn album last night. It's fucking AWESOME, I like his first two solo discs but this blows them out of the water. I need to take some time to wrap my head around it but it's perhaps the best thing he's done, including Emperor.

I really can't wait to buy that next week :blaze:

ADD
01-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Holy shit. Listening to the sample tracks from Orphaned Land's new album on myspace. Sounds amazing.
Damn, they've been out of the picture for so long my enthusiasm for them has waned but Mabool was a masterpiece, might give the new one a listen. They're finally playing the States this year too but only midwest an east coast.

2010 you say? Cobalt, Rwake, Solace, Ghoul, High On Fire, Weedeater, Ludicra, and Samothrace I expect to slay. We'll see what else comes about.

DethMaiden
01-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Damn, they've been out of the picture for so long my enthusiasm for them has waned but Mabool was a masterpiece, might give the new one a listen. They're finally playing the States this year too but only midwest an east coast.

2010 you say? Cobalt, Rwake, Solace, Ghoul, High On Fire, Weedeater, Ludicra, and Samothrace I expect to slay. We'll see what else comes about.

No way.

ADD
01-25-2010, 02:07 PM
No way.
Well the live album is gonna be out soon and that's probably gonna get more listens than the majority of other albums released this year :D

DethMaiden
01-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Well the live album is gonna be out soon and that's probably gonna get more listens than the majority of other albums released this year :D

Fair enough, haha. That's almost out already. www.hoodedinoil.com

mankvill
01-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Samothrace

Lawrence, KS motherfucker.

ADD
01-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Lawrence, KS motherfucker.
Props. But they moved to Seattle.

mankvill
01-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Props. But they moved to Seattle.

I had no idea. Tried to make it out to a show my freshman year of college, but the place closed.

Meuhhh
01-25-2010, 04:53 PM
I'd have to say:

We Are The Void -- DT
ORwarriOR -- Orphaned Land
To The Metal -- Gamma Ray

and then, I'm not sure, I'd have to think about this some more. Probably something far from metal

Indestructible
01-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Nevermore - The obsidian conspiracy.

Maiden33
01-25-2010, 06:59 PM
To The Metal -- Gamma Ray

It leaked yesterday. If you're the sort of person who's into downloading leaks, have at it.

idrinkwine732
01-25-2010, 07:01 PM
DT leaked today as well.

daimonos
01-25-2010, 07:39 PM
DT leaked today as well.

uh oh...it's going to be hard not to listen to the whole thing a million times before it comes out :horns:

MPF
01-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Richard Christy announced on his myspace that AOL is streaming the debut of Charred Walls of The Damned. but his link isn't showing it streaming yet. Maybe tomorrow?

idrinkwine732
01-25-2010, 08:33 PM
uh oh...it's going to be hard not to listen to the whole thing a million times before it comes out :horns:

...sorry bud, sorta a letdown to me...

daimonos
01-25-2010, 08:49 PM
...sorry bud, sorta a letdown to me...

oh really? I listened to a couple of the songs and it sounded pretty good

How would you compare it to Fiction, or Character for that matter?

Natrlhi
01-25-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm expecting awesomeness from the upcoming Red Sparowes.

There are many more, but that's the first one that came to mind that no one else has mentioned yet. I'll try to post more later.

idrinkwine732
01-25-2010, 09:45 PM
oh really? I listened to a couple of the songs and it sounded pretty good

How would you compare it to Fiction, or Character for that matter?

Fiction was probably my favorite from them in a while, with Character not too far behind. I listened again, and I've come to the conclusion similar to that of Arsis' new one. Not the best they can do, but still a good album none the less. I'll give it a few more listens, but yeah, it isn't bad, but Fiction totally blew me away.

idrinkwine732
01-25-2010, 09:46 PM

There are many more, but that's the first one that came to mind that no one else has mentioned yet. I'll try to post more later.

Never listened to them, anything you could recommend?

Natrlhi
01-25-2010, 09:46 PM

Oh, shit! I forgot about Grayceon! That will undoubtedly be sweetness.

Here's s'mores:

Immolation - Majesty and Decay
Landmine Marathon - Sovereign Descent
Nachtmystium - Addicts: Black Meddle, Part II
The Ocean - [two separate albums expected...?]

Upcoming albums from Cult of Luna, Trap Them, The Sword, Bison B.C., 65daysofstatic, Grave, Grails, Darkest Hour, Cynic (EP), Vader (EP)

...and Morbid Angel and Necrophagist, if they ever get released. :mad:

Natrlhi
01-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Never listened to them, anything you could recommend?

They only have two full-length albums, and they are both awesome. I guess I'd recommend them chronologically, so "At the Soundless Dawn" first, then "Every Red Heart Shines Toward the Red Sun". Enjoy, my friend. :blaze:

idrinkwine732
01-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks, I'm reaching a drought sort of, because constantly new bands is what keeps me interested...Thank you Cobalt/Cormorant...

daimonos
01-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Fiction was probably my favorite from them in a while, with Character not too far behind. I listened again, and I've come to the conclusion similar to that of Arsis' new one. Not the best they can do, but still a good album none the less. I'll give it a few more listens, but yeah, it isn't bad, but Fiction totally blew me away.

yeah dude I LOVE Fiction, it's my favorite album I have by them. Damage Done and The Gallery aren't that far behind I don't think, but yeah I totally agree with you that Fiction is great. I wasn't really expecting the new one to be as good, but was hoping it was close. :drool:

mayhem 66
02-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Fear Factory-Mechanize

Meshuggah-Alive

stonesour is doing something>>

http://www.stonesour.com/

The Ancient Mariner
02-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Iron Maiden (2010 please, not 2011!!)

In answer to the thread question ... as far as I'm concerned, there is only one release this year ... Iron f**kin' Maiden :rocker:

The album will be out this year. The recording is done, now it is over to the caveman to mix it ... and we are still in February!

Don't forget an album release in 2010 fits nicely 30 years on from the first album release :horns:

Maiden only have a handful of Festivals this year. Therefore, an album release this year ... World Tour next year ;)

Wizzbang11
02-20-2010, 02:28 PM
For me it would definitely be....
Lair of the Minotaur- Evil Power
Abscess- Dawn of Inhumanity
Children of Technology- It's Time to Face Doomsday

SerpentineVIVIVI
02-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Definitely Exhibit B: The Human Condition and The Obsidian Conspiracy. Atrocity A was good, but there is an overall "something" missing that I can't really pin, and I am VERY anxious to hear how Loomis has been writing these past five years.

MPF
02-20-2010, 05:42 PM
At least exciting to me. My band, SHattered will be putting out E.P. in March.

If you're into Progressive Thrash Groove Metal. This E.P. os for you!

IrritatedTrout
02-20-2010, 06:04 PM
In answer to the thread question ... as far as I'm concerned, there is only one release this year ... Iron f**kin' Maiden :rocker:

Couldn't have said it better myself.:horns:

PowerMaiden
02-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Iron Maiden

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Crionics
02-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Burzum and Triptykon next month will be interesting, mostly Triptykon for me though, Oh and Exodus ofcourse, Maiden if it gets released this year

idrinkwine732
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm skeptical about that Exodus album, Dukes just isn't for me, so it's tough for me to get into their new stuff. But we got Zetro to play Toxic Waltz with them in SF a few weeks ago, it was awesome.

Crionics
02-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah I agree I don't like Zukes much at all, but I still think Holt/Hunting are at the top of their game. And that must have been amazing, I really hope Zetro rejoins them one of these days

idrinkwine732
02-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Holt is as good as he ever was back in the day, but I don't see Zetro coming back unfortunately.

Crionics
02-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Yeah, maybe they could introduce a whole new singer, Dukes just makes them sound weak at times

VulgarDisplayOfPower
02-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Im really liking the new Fear Factory album right now. I'm looking forward to Black Label Society and Ozzy.I think I read that the new Ozzy and BLS albums are coming out this year I'm not 100%. Also The Obsidian Conspiracy by Nevermore I only have the previous Nevermore album but that is amazing and I expect nothingless from the new one. Weird Al to I dont care what the rest of you think I think Weird Al is funny.

Leviathan
02-22-2010, 06:50 PM
New Immolation is wickedly good.
I love High on Fire but I am just not that thrilled with the new album...

DethMaiden
02-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Okay, here's my list right now. Tell me what I'm missing:

Ihsahn After
Abigor Time Is the Sulphur in the Veins of the Saint
Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe 2
Fear Factory Mechanize
Overkill Ironbound
HIM Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice
A Silver Mt. Zion Kollaps Tradixionales
Johnny Cash American VI: Ain't No Grave
Peter Gabriel Scratch My Back
Landmine Marathon Sovereign Descent
Alcest Écailles de Lune
Apostle of Solitude Last Sunrise
Coffinworm When All Became None
Red Sparowes The Fear Is Excruciating, But Therein Lies the Answer
Mouth of the Architect The Violence Beneath
Nevermore The Obsidian Conspiracy
Coheed and Cambria Year of the Black Rainbow
Hooded Menace Never Cross the Dead
Fleshgod Apocalypse Mafia

Maiden33
02-22-2010, 07:08 PM

Ihsahn After
Fear Factory Mechanize
Overkill Ironbound
Alcest Écailles de Lune

As usual, I could write you a big list of recommendations, but you'll probably ignore most of them.

DethMaiden
02-22-2010, 07:10 PM
As usual, I could write you a big list of recommendations, but you'll probably ignore most of them.

You're fairly good at telling me which albums you like that I'd also like, i.e. Redemption, so if you have any of those, feel free.

ADD
02-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Okay, here's my list right now. Tell me what I'm missing

Ares Kingdom - Incendiary
Dzjenghis Khan - Hey You!
Across Tundras - Old World Wanderer
Brant Bjork - Gods and Goddesses
Ludicra - The Tenant
Solace - A.D.
Man's Gin :D

DethMaiden
02-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Ares Kingdom - Incendiary
Dzjenghis Khan - Hey You!
Across Tundras - Old World Wanderer
Brant Bjork - Gods and Goddesses
Ludicra - The Tenant
Solace - A.D.
Man's Gin :D

I really hope Man's Gin ends up being rad. I'm nervous about it. I do think it's gonna be good for Erik to get out some of his unmetal ramblings out so the next Cobalt LP will be ripped to the tits with fury and rage and piss and vinegar. :D

ADD
02-22-2010, 07:22 PM
The Myspace sounds good, I'm thinkin it'll deliver. Also remember bout the new Weedeater 'Jason the Dragon' and Rwake as yet untitled comin later this year too s'pose to be.

mankvill
02-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Ares Kingdom

KANSAS CITAYYY

ADD
02-22-2010, 07:34 PM
KANSAS CITAYYY
But it's in Missouri :eyes:

mankvill
02-22-2010, 07:35 PM
But it's in Missouri :eyes:

fffuuu-

ADD
02-22-2010, 07:40 PM
fffuuu-
Proceed thy weedian self to a map boy :whipped:

mankvill
02-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Proceed thy weedian self to a map boy :whipped:

:lol:

And apparently Samothrace isn't in Lawrence anymore, but like Portland!

ADD
02-22-2010, 07:42 PM
:lol:

And apparently Samothrace isn't in Lawrence anymore, but like Portland!
Yeah I'm pretty sure I told you that too in another thread days ago :D

mankvill
02-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah I'm pretty sure I told you that too in another thread days ago :D

o

:eyes:

Well we still have Manilla Road so fuck off! :finger:

ADD
02-22-2010, 07:46 PM
o

:eyes:

Well we still have Manilla Road so fuck off! :finger:
Respect :fist:

tdunks523
02-28-2010, 05:32 PM
the new bleeding through and bullet for my valentine sound good.
also im pumped for norma jean and trivium but i have no idea when those are gonna come out

Natrlhi
03-01-2010, 09:03 AM

Ihsahn After
Fear Factory Mechanize
Overkill Ironbound
Alcest Écailles de Lune

Hyphens.

Plus,

Ludicra - The Tenant
Immolation - Majesty and Decay
Lightning Swords of Death - The Extra Dimensional Way
Jucifer - Throned in Blood
Kayo Dot - Coyote (not sure if this'll be good...:eyes:)
Lair of the Minotaur - Evil Power
Bison B.C. - Dark Ages
The Ocean - Heliocentric
The Ocean - Anthropocentric (a companion album to “Heliocentric”)
Shining - Fodd Forlorare
Cynic - Re-Traced (EP)
65daysofstatic - We Were Exploding Anyway
This Will Destroy You - Tunnel Blanket
...and new as-yet-untitled albums by Trap Them, Grave, God Is an Astronaut, Pig Destroyer, Grails, Grayceon, IntrOnaut and Cult of Luna.

ADD
03-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Ufomammut - Eve comin in a couple months.

hb420
05-14-2010, 02:06 PM

Is that out yet?

andrew_metalhead
05-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Is that out yet?

June 8th.

Epidemic Reign
05-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Looking forward to ReVamp's debut and the new Soilwork album.

evildeadjedi
05-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Iron Maiden
Blind Guardian
Orange Goblin (maybe this year?)

Indestructible
05-15-2010, 04:58 PM
THe Obsidian Conspiracy by Nevermore is amazing.

MPF
05-15-2010, 05:08 PM

Yes it is!

DethMaiden
05-15-2010, 05:22 PM

Yes it is!

Gotta agree. I'd be shocked if it doesn't end up in my top 10.

Indestructible
05-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Gotta agree. I'd be shocked if it doesn't end up in my top 10.

Ill be shocked if The Obsidian Conspircy isnt number 1 or 2 of the year

idrinkwine732
05-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Obsidian Conspiracy ≥ This Godless Endeavor?

Indestructible
05-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Obsidian Conspiracy ≥ This Godless Endeavor?

Probaly. And the maiden spoke is better or equal to most songs on TGE and dreaming neon black.

DethMaiden
05-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Ehhh...This Godless Endeavor is my favorite Nevermore record so I'm pretty biased here but The Obsidian Conspiracy ain't got nothing on it.

youngandaspiring
05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Haven't heard the new Nevermore, but the band has gotten better with each album. If they can make another song like the title track from This Godless Endeavor pants will be brown.

treghet
05-30-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm dying to hear the new Decrepit Birth. Hopefully they will be selling it on the Summer Slaughter tour.

Natrlhi
05-30-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm dying to hear the new Decrepit Birth. Hopefully they will be selling it on the Summer Slaughter tour.

It's supposed to hit the streets in the U.S. on July 27th. The tour goes from July 17 through August 23. You might say this makes it a sure bet, but then again, I thought Bison B.C. would have copies of "Dark Ages" on sale when I saw them last month (the album came out during that tour as well), and no such luck. So, you never know. I did hear a song or two from the upcoming Decrepit Birth album the last time they came through, and the new stuff sounds damn good. If you don't get to buy the album, undoubtedly you'll get to hear the new stuff live. Worst case scenario, you'll have to wait until it comes out to buy it. :D

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Yet another band you can thank my region for. I'm getting tired of saying that.

:cool:

I'm in anticipation of Anthropocentric, I'm craving heavier The Ocean material.

Natrlhi
05-30-2010, 09:10 PM
^ Heliocentric is growing on me in a big way. No one was more surprised than me. I never thought I'd be able to stomach those vocals, but they actually fit the music rather well (and the music is fucking awesome).

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 09:13 PM
^ Heliocentric is growing on me in a big way. No one was more surprised than me. I never thought I'd be able to stomach those vocals, but they actually fit the music rather well (and the music is fucking awesome).

That album is absolutely killer. I would understand the negative reaction if I only liked heavy The Ocean material, but I love it all. I think the album lags just a bit in the middle, but once you get to Swallowed by the Earth it has some of the best material of the year. MetalSucks says they'll be touring the US in the fall-ish, and I'll jump at the chance to hear some of this stuff live.

daimonos
05-30-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't know if I'm alone on this but I feel like the new Watain album that's coming out is going to be a huge fucking deal.

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't know if I'm alone on this but I feel like the new Watain album that's coming out is going to be a huge fucking deal.

Good way or bad way?

daimonos
05-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Good way or bad way?

In a totally good way.

idrinkwine732
05-30-2010, 10:23 PM
In a totally good way.

I'll keep my ears open...

JLRedWing13
05-31-2010, 11:40 AM
I still have to listen to Heliocentric.....

I'm excited for Iron Maiden and Control Denied (if this is indeed the year), above all else. After that, looking forward to Testament, Blind Guardian, Gojira's EP, Kataklysm, Symphony X, The Sword, Death Angel....and the Goo Goo Dolls. Hehe. :D

Maiden33
05-31-2010, 11:47 AM
Iron Maiden

Yep.

Blind Guardian

Yep.

Symphony X

Yep.

and the Goo Goo Dolls.

And why not... this too. :eyes:

ravenheart
05-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Testament, Gojira's EP, Death Angel

Most of what you said are on my list (except Goo Goo Dolls), but especially these :D