PDA

View Full Version : The Official Metal Setlists 2009 Voting Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

The_jman
01-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I love you guys :D

The Music from the Lion King > Slayer and LoG. Just sayin'...
lol...

The_jman
01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
um, is it me, or did you just argue with yourself?

JRA
01-12-2010, 06:54 PM

"Be Prepared" is dope, but I must politefully disagree that it is not better than Chemical Warfare.

mankvill
01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
"Be Prepared" is dope, but I must politefully disagree that it is not better than Chemical Warfare.

"Be Prepared" used to scare the shit out of me when I was a kid, and when I first heard "Inner War" by Antaeus, it reminded me of that scene.

idrinkwine732
01-12-2010, 10:13 PM

I consider that more of a statement to the awesomeness of the Lion King over the crappyness of Log or Slayer.

The_jman
01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
I consider that more of a statement to the awesomeness of the Lion King over the crappyness of Log or Slayer.
who didn't know every word to every song in the Lion King when it Came out?

JRA
01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
who didn't know every word to every song in the Lion King when it Came out?

People over 20 at the time.:eyes:

overkiller
01-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Personally, I feel deeply insulted that my epic battle between Lady Gaga and Cher for dominance of autotunedpopsetlists.com was deleted.

:bouville:

idrinkwine732
01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
People over 20 at the time.:eyes:

Don't lie to me, you knew em too.

Maiden33
01-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Bashing on someone's taste who you don't even know, even a little, is silly...
in my opinion anyway.

Couldn't agree more. I think unless you know a person well enough to have a serious discussion or make a joke out of it, you shouldn't go poking your nose in other people's tastes, specifically. An off-hand comment is one thing, but specifically addressing people to bash their own tastes and opinions is stupid and downright rude.

mankvill
01-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Couldn't agree more. I think unless you know a person well enough to have a serious discussion or make a joke out of it, you shouldn't go poking your nose in other people's tastes, specifically. An off-hand comment is one thing, but specifically addressing people to bash their own tastes and opinions is stupid and downright rude.

OH YEAH WELL ALTHOUGH I DISAGREE WITH THE MAJORITY OF YOUR TASTE, I RESPECT YOU AS A FINE UPSTANDING MEMBER OF THIS FORUM

also you're my Imaginations From The Other Side bro

mankvill
01-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Personally, I feel deeply insulted that my epic battle between Lady Gaga and Cher for dominance of autotunedpopsetlists.com was deleted.

:bouville:

You and I both know who wins that one. (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12245)

powerslave_85
01-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Best post in this thread thus far?Agreed.

b_halperin
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
I think it sucks that nobody can have a discussion about music without bashing the others' taste if it's not their cup of tea.

It's fine to tell the person that you think the music they listen to sucks, but it tends to turn out that the person who you say that too will just escalate the situation and rely on namecalling and making fun of you like a 3rd grader just so they can feel better about themselves.

I think the main problem is subgenres. Subgenres have single-handedly ruined music for some people. My friend, who listens to a lot of extreme metal, won't even touch Carcass, because its "grindcore shit that all sucks."

The only thing we can really do is be more open to music and respect peoples' opinions. It's really sad to see all you guys fighting over something so petty. We all have something awesome in common, a whole community just for the purpose of having a common interest, and it sucks to see you guys fighting and ridiculing people for not having your exact music tastes.

mankvill
01-12-2010, 11:21 PM
I think it sucks that nobody can have a discussion about music without bashing the others' taste if it's not their cup of tea.

It's fine to tell the person that you think the music they listen to sucks, but it tends to turn out that the person who you say that too will just escalate the situation and rely on namecalling and making fun of you like a 3rd grader just so they can feel better about themselves.

I think the main problem is subgenres. Subgenres have single-handedly ruined music for some people. My friend, who listens to a lot of extreme metal, won't even touch Carcass, because its "grindcore shit that all sucks."

The only thing we can really do is be more open to music and respect peoples' opinions. It's really sad to see all you guys fighting over something so petty. We all have something awesome in common, a whole community just for the purpose of having a common interest, and it sucks to see you guys fighting and ridiculing people for not having your exact music tastes.

No one is hated on for their taste in music alone.

Maiden33
01-12-2010, 11:26 PM
To me, it's as simple as this:

No one's asking everyone to like something they don't like. I hate elitist open-mindedness as much as I hate ignorant close-mindedness. We don't have to appreciate and respect all types of music. However we should respect all people and their tastes, provided they are not out of line.

In short:
-Don't be a douche bag and pick on people for no good reason.
-Don't get butt-hurt because someone doesn't agree with you.

mankvill
01-12-2010, 11:28 PM
To me, it's as simple as this:

No one's asking everyone to like something they don't like. I hate elitist open-mindedness as much as I hate ignorant close-mindedness. We don't have to appreciate and respect all types of music. However we should respect all people and their tastes, provided they are not out of line.

In short:
-Don't be a douche bag and pick on people for no good reason.
-Don't get butt-hurt because someone doesn't agree with you.

Too bad you weren't here about 10 pages ago!

ravenheart
01-13-2010, 01:37 AM
Isn't this done yet?

jhdeity
01-13-2010, 05:18 AM
If it took something like this to stop the constant LOG bashing on here then it was worth it to me. Someone said they had no respect for anyone who voted Slayer or LOG (which is about half of the people on here) and I spoke up then got triple teamed and called everything in the book. Moving on...

Dextrimental
01-13-2010, 06:40 AM
ANYWAY, fact is EVERY band attracts assholes, EVERY BAND.. AND I know ALOT of people who love lamb of god who arent all rednecks and what not, american and otherwise.. so can you all shut your yaps and at least TRY and act like arguing over music on the internet isn't the only thing you ppl have in your lives..

That being said, I hope the top ten this year has Wrath, Crack the Skye and World Painted Blood, because im enjoying all those records alot right now :)

jhdeity
01-13-2010, 07:34 AM
ANYWAY, fact is EVERY band attracts assholes, EVERY BAND.. AND I know ALOT of people who love lamb of god who arent all rednecks and what not, american and otherwise.. so can you all shut your yaps and at least TRY and act like arguing over music on the internet isn't the only thing you ppl have in your lives..

That being said, I hope the top ten this year has Wrath, Crack the Skye and World Painted Blood, because im enjoying all those records alot right now :)

If Crack the Skye isn't #1 I'd be shocked. That cd crossed ever musical boundry just about. I won Madden 10 from KFC (haven't bought Madden in 4 years) and it's by far the best one since the old days. Funny thing the 1st song it played when I popped it in was Divinations :rocker:

ravenheart
01-13-2010, 08:01 AM

Wrath disappointed me. And I'm a fan.

Dextrimental
01-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Wrath disappointed me. And I'm a fan.

Didn disappoint me in the least, I thought it was awesome from start to finish, better than sacrament. How did it disappoint you?

Maiden33
01-13-2010, 10:38 AM
If it took something like this to stop the constant LOG bashing on here then it was worth it to me. Someone said they had no respect for anyone who voted Slayer or LOG (which is about half of the people on here) and I spoke up then got triple teamed and called everything in the book. Moving on...

1.It's not going to stop anything. Business as usual will continue to take place around here.

2.Everyone's got their own opinions. As much as people had no right to criticize you for yours, you had no right to criticize them for theirs.

DethMaiden
01-13-2010, 11:26 AM
2.Everyone's got their own opinions. As much as people had no right to criticize you for yours, you had no right to criticize them for theirs.

Having a beard and being overweight isn't an "opinion", it's what I look like. I could care less if you love Lamb of God and hate Lady Gaga, there was no place for the senseless bashing. Frankly jhdeity should be banned and I'm shocked that he isn't.

jhdeity
01-13-2010, 12:46 PM
You started this entire thing and your buddy sends me a virus and I should be banned for speaking the truth? You guys are the bullies. I was attacked not you dude. And Maiden did you not see what I was called before I lashed out? I didn't rag on anyone's tastes about anything. I said I didn't mind Gaga but was tired of the meaningless LOG and Slayer bashing. I respect your opinion but in this case you didn't read back far enough or maybe the post when I was called a little bitch and cunt were erased. Either way for Brad to say I did anything wrong except stand up for myself is a total joke.

ChildrenofSodom
01-13-2010, 12:50 PM
You started this entire thing and your buddy sends me a virus and I should be banned for speaking the truth? You guys are the bullies. I was attacked not you dude. And Maiden did you not see what I was called before I lashed out? I didn't rag on onyone's tastes about anything. I said I didn't mind Gaga but was tored of teh meaningless LOG and Slayer bashing. I respect your opinion but in this case you didn't read back far enough or maybe the post when I was called a little bitch and cunt were erased. Either way for Brad to say I did anything wrong except stand up for myself is a total joke.

You're butthurt that people are making fun of the lame bands you like. Get over it, or head down the lane.

mankvill
01-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Isn't this done yet?

Ends on the fourteenth.

Don't know what time that is in METRIC, YOU LIMEY BRIT

But for us AMURRCANS, it ends tomorrow.

daimonos
01-13-2010, 03:14 PM
You're butthurt that people are making fun of the lame bands you like. Get over it, or head down the lane.

Are you just trying to keep it going?

ChildrenofSodom
01-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Are you just trying to keep it going?

No, I'm just trying to make the point that everyone here is going to say something bad about a band that someone else here likes. This guy needs to get over it. I'm not trying to extend this silly fight, just trying to desensitize jhdooty to the stuff he can expect here (hell, he can expect in life). Its nothing personal.

Dextrimental
01-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Man people are pathetic, jhdeity - SHUT UP, childrenofsodom - SHUT UP.. in fact everyone SHUT UP.. this is just irritating me that this is now nay on 6 pages of bullshit about ppl who cant handle others opinions..

DethMaiden
01-13-2010, 04:52 PM
2009 Voting Thread = more of a shitstorm than 2007 Voting Thread, and without Tegan and Sara getting more than one vote, either!

Indestructible
01-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Isnt this a thread for everyone to put down their top 10 albums of 2009.