PDA

View Full Version : My top 10 albums of 2009

andrew_metalhead
01-01-2010, 12:22 AM
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=415714183

DethMaiden
01-01-2010, 07:26 AM
I didn't realize how much you liked thrash! :eek: I'll keep it to myself that I hate everything on your list except Megadeth and Kreator, but the blurbs are well-written and I'm still totally jealous of your life, so who cares. ;)

Sanitarium78
01-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Finally a year end list around here where I actually recognize all the band names:D

JRA
01-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I didn't realize how much you liked thrash! :eek: I'll keep it to myself that I hate everything on your list except Megadeth and Kreator, but the blurbs are well-written and I'm still totally jealous of your life, so who cares. ;)

You hate the new Porcupine Tree? Damn.

DethMaiden
01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
You hate the new Porcupine Tree? Damn.

I've had a falling out with modern prog rock, and The Incident is pretty much the perfect embodiment of why that is. Sleepytime music at its finest.

JRA
01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I've had a falling out with modern prog rock, and The Incident is pretty much the perfect embodiment of why that is. Sleepytime music at its finest.

Damn, and I thought Iann Robinson made on a dime flip-flop decisions.

DethMaiden
01-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Damn, and I thought Iann Robinson made on a dime flip-flop decisions.

In my defense, I've never like ANY modern prog that isn't Porcupine Tree or metal. Porcupine Tree just fell into the trap that the entire boring, failing genre set up for them.

andrew_metalhead
01-01-2010, 01:56 PM

Lol well said :D

mankvill
01-01-2010, 03:17 PM

BUT YOU LIKE ALCEST AND AMESOEUESORURS OMGGGGG

larvtard
01-02-2010, 03:33 PM
kudos for Lazarus A.D. I haven't seen it on ANY lists. I dunno why- it's the best "modern" thrash album I've ever heard. Very impressive debut. I can't wait to see what else they can come up with down the road.

andrew_metalhead
01-02-2010, 08:07 PM
kudos for Lazarus A.D. I haven't seen it on ANY lists. I dunno why- it's the best "modern" thrash album I've ever heard. Very impressive debut. I can't wait to see what else they can come up with down the road.

Definitely!

ravenheart
01-03-2010, 06:27 AM

Amen. If I were picking a debut of the year, this would be up there.

rjturtle9
01-03-2010, 10:20 PM

:lol:

Sanitarium78
01-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I've been listening to metal for about 20 years now and at this point I don't let too many newer bands into the rotation unless they really do impress me. Lazarus A.D. is one of those new bands that does impress me. In my opinion their album is the debut of the year and the good thing is they're just starting and they have time to develop and get better musically than this:eek:

Their music just reminds of what I grew up listening to when I first discovered metal it back in 1990 or so. That's the reason I've taken such a liking to them. This album gives me great hope for the future of metal and believe me there's been times through the years when I wasn't sure there was gonna be one.

mastodon421
01-07-2010, 01:44 PM

It's number 11 on my list. Best debut of the year.