PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan R.I.P.

eyekantspele
12-28-2009, 09:06 PM
From avengedsevenfold.com

It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy “The Rev” Sullivan. Jimmy was not only one of the world's best drummers, but more importantly he was our best friend and brother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Jimmy's family and we hope that you will respect their privacy during this difficult time.

Jimmy you are forever in our hearts.
We love you.

M Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance and Johnny Christ

mankvill
12-28-2009, 09:19 PM
rip, here's a video from the band's early days to remember him by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybDCObQRRM4

MPF
12-28-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm deeply saddened by this. I know that 9/10 chance this is drug/alcohol related. It pains me a lot to know that. Such wasted talent.

He seriously was one of my top 3 biggest musical influences when I first got on the drums. Seeing the debut of Unholy Confessions on Headbanger's Ball on MTV2 at my sister's house almost instantly made me want to be a Metal drummer. Sorry Lars, Sorry Mike Portnoy, Sorry Gene Hoglan. It was the Rev that made me want to be a Metal drummer. The others just made me want to be a metal drummer more.

It will take me a LONG time to get over this.

TonyD
12-28-2009, 10:21 PM
I know that 9/10 chance this is drug/alcohol related.

If it is, lol and no apologies.

MPF
12-28-2009, 10:37 PM
If it is, lol and no apologies.

Well Natural causes means you didn't die from an accident, and you were not murdered or committed suicide. It means your body fell apart. Knowing their road stories, it most likely is drug/alcohol related.

Also, you don't need to feel sorry or anything about him. But people's thoughts do need to go out to his family and friends. They lost someone very close to them under circumstances that shouldn't have happened.

300%_Density
12-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Well I'm not really sure what to say. I'm not an A7X fan by any means but I will closet admit I enjoyed a few songs. Its always unforunate when it's any human life that passes away. Let alone if it was a metal"ish" artist. I fear it probably was alcohol/drug related but it's probably not right to speculate until details are known. People in their prob mid-late 20's don't die from "natural causes". I just remember a cover story Revolver did where it's like they were celebrating all of the drug use. It's a shame when anybody that young has to pass.

b_halperin
12-28-2009, 10:38 PM
RIP

TonyD
12-28-2009, 10:46 PM
^ When friends and family have access to information like that for a long time, you can't really feel sorry for them. If they wouldn't bother to do something about it, should anyone else even give a shit for them?

MPF
12-28-2009, 10:51 PM
That's not really fair to say. His family could have tried to do something about his usage. We don't know yet, it's not reported anywhere. When you are under a substance, you are the only one that's going to decide to stop using the substance, unless death takes you first.

But like already mentioned, nothing is reported yet except for the fact that it was "natural "causes" meaning he wasn't murdered, in an accident, or commited Suicide. Let's just a wait a few weeks till the toxin report comes back.

ravenheart
12-29-2009, 03:38 AM
M Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance and Johnny Christ

Excuse me?

rjturtle9
12-29-2009, 04:06 AM
That's not really fair to say. His family could have tried to do something about his usage. We don't know yet, it's not reported anywhere. When you are under a substance, you are the only one that's going to decide to stop using the substance, unless death takes you first.

true that man. there are many substance abusers in my family and trying to help them usually ends in a fail.

I was never really a huge Avenged Sevenfold fan, but I have to admit, this guy was very sick at drums. He was pretty much the only reason why i listened to this band. He was amazing talent and it sucks that he's gone.

makethemsuffer12
12-29-2009, 07:03 AM
rip, here's a video from the band's early days to remember him by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybDCObQRRM4

+1. That's one of my faves.

But in all seriousness, R.I.P. even though I'm sure good ol' cocaine had something to do with it.

mastodon421
12-29-2009, 07:09 AM
This is a heartbreak. This really pains me to hear. I like A7X a pretty good amount. Really talented guy and it's a shame to see him die at a such young age.

DisasterPiece120
12-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Well I'm not really sure what to say. I'm not an A7X fan by any means but I will closet admit I enjoyed a few songs. Its always unforunate when it's any human life that passes away. Let alone if it was a metal"ish" artist.

i'm the same way

TonyD
12-29-2009, 10:38 AM
I heard they've already tapped Gnar McNastyton as a replacement.

MPF
06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
RollingStone.com reports that AVENGED SEVENFOLD drummer Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan died on December 28, 2009 from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs and alcohol. Toxicology reports indicate that Sullivan suffered "acute polydrug intoxication due to combined effects of Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, Diazepam/Nordiazepam and ethanol," according to Orange County Deputy Coroner Mitchell Sigal. Sigal added that Sullivan also had cardiomegaly (an enlarged heart), which was marked in the coroner's report as a "significant condition" that may have played a role in the drummer's death. The Coroner's Department conducted "five or six" different tests to verify the cause of death, Sigal added.

idrinkwine732
06-09-2010, 07:29 PM
well who didn't see that coming?

MPF
06-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I seen the overdoes coming, I just didn't know from what.

JLRedWing13
06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Finally.

TonyD
06-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Ethanol?

Edit: You mean booze? Doctors and their technical terms.

The_jman
06-12-2010, 08:00 AM
I'm sad he's gone, he was a key member of one of my favorite bands. R.I.P.