PDA

View Full Version : Top five games?

DethMaiden
12-27-2009, 04:40 PM
This could be fun. I'm gonna go by series because most of mine have ultimately interchangeable gameplay among titles in the series. Also, I'm not an obsessive game freak so my list will have really accessible stuff that will make you all roll your eyes at me. :)

In no order, parentheses enclose systems I've played the series on:
Guitar Hero series (PS2/360)
NBA Live series (PC/PS1/PS2/360)
Pokemon (GBC)
Tetris (PC)
Dynasty Warriors series (PS2)

Honorable mention to the NBA Street games and the Tony Hawk games. :rocker:

mastodon421
12-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Nice topic My 5 faves are proably

1.Call Of Duty Series(PS2/360)
2.Gears Of War Series (360)
3.Madden Series(PS2/360)
4.Mario Kart Series(N64/Gamecube/Wii)
5.Tekken 3 (PS1)

Fires Of Sedition
12-27-2009, 05:08 PM
1. Gears Of War
2. Halo 3
3. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
4. Guitar Hero 3: Legends Of Rock
5. Fallout 3
Dead fucking last: gears of war 2

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
12-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Some of my faves:

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 for the Game Cube (two of the best, most immersive video games I've ever played.)

Guitar Hero series.

Castlevania series (NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, GBA)

Most all the Tecmo Bowl games (showing my age here.)

Many different FPS's over the years (Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Rainbow Six, Halo, Half Life 2, Breakdown, etc.)

The first few Tomb Raider games.

Madden '93-'01.

TonyD
12-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
That's it n that's all

ChildrenofSodom
12-27-2009, 09:48 PM
1. Legend of Zelda (OoT, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess)
2. Mario - (Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario 64)
3. Pokemon Red/Blue
4. Star Fox 64
5. Tetris

Honorable Mentions: Halo 2, Diddy Kong Racing, Tony Hawk, Banjo Kazooie, Castlevania 64, Blitz 2000, Sonic

Butcher of Birth
12-27-2009, 10:17 PM
1. Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
2. Gears of War 2
3. FIFA 10
4. Shadows of The Emipre
5. Knights of The Old Republic 2: Revenge of The Sith

Those are my top 5, and they are staples in gaming IMO

mankvill
12-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Dead fucking last: gears of war 2

:lol:

I love both games, but IMO Gears 2 blew everything about Gears 1 out of the water.

Me:

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Dead Space
3. Civilization 3
4. Max Payne 2
5. Starcraft

Butcher of Birth
12-27-2009, 11:28 PM
Does he hate Gears 2 that much? How/Why? The story was so much better and I loved it! It was everything and more when compared to Gears 1

ravenheart
12-28-2009, 04:36 AM
1. Resident Evil 4
2. Resident Evil
3. Resident Evil 5
4. Resident Evil 2
5. Resident Evil 3

Honourable mentions: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, Left 4 Dead, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 2, Legacy of Kain: Defiance, Dawn of War

mastodon421
12-28-2009, 04:43 AM
Does he hate Gears 2 that much? How/Why? The story was so much better and I loved it! It was everything and more when compared to Gears 1

+1

SomewhereInTime72
12-28-2009, 09:20 AM
1. Zelda Series (specifically OoT)
2. Resident Evil series (best = RE4, then REmake, 0 and 2 are kinda tied. 5 is not canon it doesn't exist, ok)
3. Suda51 games (is it cheating to put a director instead of a game? I don't care!)
4. Pokemon series
5. Sonic through Sonic & Knuckles. :D

mankvill
12-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Only RPG's named are Chrono Trigger, KOTOR2 and Pokemon.

No one has named Metal Gear Solid series.

wtf.

ravenheart
12-28-2009, 10:16 AM
5 is not canon it doesn't exist, ok)

Sorry, what?

SirLardsAlot
12-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
That's it n that's all<3

Anyway:

1. Grand Theft Auto 3
2. Max Payne
3. World of Warcraft **
4. Battlefield 1942
5. Starcraft

** - I hate the game now, it was ruined with the first expansion pack. But the game back in it's prime makes number 3.

Honorable Mentions (Alphabetically):

- Counter Strike: Source
- Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
- Goldeneye
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Guitar Hero 2
- Left 4 Dead
- Mario Kart: Double Dash
- Mario Party 2
- Max Payne 2
- Pokemon Red
- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- The Sims
- Super Mario Kart
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
- WWF No Mercy

makethemsuffer12
12-28-2009, 11:02 AM
My personal top 5 would probably be:

1. Jak II/3
2. Final Fantasy X
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Final Fantasy X-2 (don't hate. It might have been a little gay at times but overall the story was good and the gameplay was excellent)
5. Modern Warfare 2 (I've only had it for a couple of days, but goddammit the multiplayer is so damn addictive!)

Honorable mentions:

Pokemon (Blue, Silver, Ruby for me)
Psychonauts
The Matrix: Path of Neo (really fun gameplay, even though the altered ending is retarded)
Tony Hawk's Underground 2

SomewhereInTime72
12-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Only RPG's named are Chrono Trigger, KOTOR2 and Pokemon.

No one has named Metal Gear Solid series.

wtf.

The thing about RPGs is that while the genre has an expansive repertoire of amazing games, for such a small list as a top 5, there aren't going to be many mentions. I could probably do my own list of top 10 rpgs. :bliss: Also, they're not particularly mainstream, you know? I mean I could complain about the lack of visual novels here, but that would be extremely silly of me. :eyes: :tongue:

also the MGS series as a whole is just hella overrated not really that good tbh giant movie with a few elements of gameplay
Sorry, what?

Well, I've been somewhat spiteful of the Resident Evil series ever since it dropped the horror aspect entirely pretty much, once 4 came out. However, 4 made up for it by being essentially the best action game ever. 5 was gameplaywise everything 4 changed that was unwelcome, with none of the original awesomeness of 4, and just an extremely mediocre game in general - a big stain on the main series (discounting the side games like outbreak and such).

Also the story was so abysmal, that I like to pretend it's not canon. :tongue: :bliss:

ravenheart
12-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Well, I've been somewhat spiteful of the Resident Evil series ever since it dropped the horror aspect entirely pretty much, once 4 came out. However, 4 made up for it by being essentially the best action game ever. 5 was gameplaywise everything 4 changed that was unwelcome, with none of the original awesomeness of 4, and just an extremely mediocre game in general - a big stain on the main series (discounting the side games like outbreak and such).

Also the story was so abysmal, that I like to pretend it's not canon. :tongue: :bliss:

I'm enjoying five for the most part apart from two things, which I guess are fairly major. The partner thing is OK, but the AI Sheva in single player (i.e., where it counts) is next to useless. Fine in a standard fire-fight with ordinary zombies, but crap when it counts.

And the other thing is they've made it linear and thrown in arcade style action sequences like the irritating Savana desert bit with the trucks. There's no going backwards and forewards around the whole map retrieving things like there used to be. I've got no problem with the story so far (except maybe that it's a little under-explained), but I'm only on chapter 3 (I got the game on the PC for Christmas).

DethMaiden
12-28-2009, 11:41 AM
I guess I'm not surprised but I'm sad at the lack of love for sports games. I've been playing EA Sports titles since I got NBA Live 99 and Madden 99 for Christmas one year.

SomewhereInTime72
12-28-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm enjoying five for the most part apart from two things, which I guess are fairly major. The partner thing is OK, but the AI Sheva in single player (i.e., where it counts) is next to useless. Fine in a standard fire-fight with ordinary zombies, but crap when it counts.

And the other thing is they've made it linear and thrown in arcade style action sequences like the irritating Savana desert bit with the trucks. There's no going backwards and forewards around the whole map retrieving things like there used to be. I've got no problem with the story so far (except maybe that it's a little under-explained), but I'm only on chapter 3 (I got the game on the PC for Christmas).

Yeah, I guess it's not really a bad game in it's own way. But as a Resident Evil game, I was really disappointed with it. I agree about the AI for Sheva being horrible... I dislike the co-op nature of the game. Resident Evil titles were always about spending most of your time alone in a monster-infested area, with limited ammo and health. Resident Evil 5 is basically the opposite of this. Except for the monster-infested part because there are a lot of enemies.

Butcher of Birth
12-28-2009, 12:01 PM
I guess I'm not surprised but I'm sad at the lack of love for sports games. I've been playing EA Sports titles since I got NBA Live 99 and Madden 99 for Christmas one year.

Hey man! FIFA 10!

DethMaiden
12-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey man! FIFA 10!

You and the dude who put Madden are the exception. ;) I need to play FIFA 10, the last soccer game I played was World Cup 98. :eyes:

mankvill
12-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I mean I could complain about the lack of visual novels here, but that would be extremely silly of me. :eyes: :tongue:

PS3 games?

mankvill
12-28-2009, 12:08 PM
You and the dude who put Madden are the exception. ;) I need to play FIFA 10, the last soccer game I played was World Cup 98. :eyes:

INTERNATIONAL SUPERSTAR SOCCER FOR THE N64

:fist:

Butcher of Birth
12-28-2009, 12:17 PM

Ew... haha yeah this new edition is the definition of a Futbol Game, the feel of the game is very "real".

Fires Of Sedition
12-28-2009, 12:29 PM

You have no idea how much my hatred for that game is. My friends and I have been playing the first Gears' multiplayer pretty much since the game was released, so of course when we heard about gears 2, we were excited as hell, playing Gears every chance we had, getting ready for the sequel. When we got it the multiplayer was pretty awesome and we said "yeah, this is way better than the first Gears." Well after a few weeks we started seeing that the shotgun, the main weapon for pretty much all players, was fucking broken and useless, either not doing any damage or not shooting at all. Then we noticed that the chainsaw was fucking unstoppable to EVERYTHING so every person who either never played the first Gears or sucked ass at it only chainsawed. The smoke grenade fucking made you fall down...worst fucking idea ever. The majority of the games played went like this: Rush power weapons, throw smoke grenades, get downed by opponent's smoke grenades, get chainsawed, repeat.

They have fixed some things, but the multiplayer is still shit and nothing compared to the amazing multiplayer of the first Gears.

[/rant]

mankvill
12-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Smoke grenades down people? They didn't when I played. Just obscured vision. Unless you're talking about poison grenades.

Div
12-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Single Player:

Deus Ex
DX came out in 2000 and STILL offers more than most modern games. It's the only game worthy of being called an RPG/FPS, plus its one of those games with a story that could actually make a decent novel. and because it has so many ways to play, the replay value is very high. i played it through 5 times and still could pick it up and not feel bored.

Bioshock
another novel-worthy game, except this is more ayn rand instead of orwell.

Starcraft
i played this alot back in middle school. it was pretty epic and had an awesome story, even if it was heavily borrowed from stuff like warhammer, aliens and starship troopers.

Half Life
iconic game. really fun. the g-man character alone put the games story on another level. was fun trying to go back and find him spying on you in each level. i liked the first game better than the second.

Halo 1
i absolutely loved playing this game. the story was fun to get involved with and i loved going back and doing all the exploits. and either the other games in the series were much worse, or they just didnt impress me as much cause i was older.

Multiplayer:

Gmod
basically a sandbox editor for half life 2. has potential for unlimited lolz online. ...like when a guy spends 2 hours building a train and then you nuke it.

Starcraft
even more fun online than offline. custom maps made it really fun.

Day of Defeat: Source
only modern ww2-themed shooter worth playing. has no auto-heal bullshit or nade spamming.

Quake Live
a modern, web browser based version of quake 3, the last old school style shooter to still have people playing it. very fast paced. very metal.

Ultima Online
the original MMORPG. before WoW and everquest there was UO. UO was special because of its pvp system, which was basically free for all with full loot. the game was intense because at any given moment some guy could come out of nowhere, kill you, and take all your shit.

mankvill
12-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Div picking Halo?

wut

ravenheart
12-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Except for the monster-infested part because there are a lot of enemies.

Fancied some of Left 4 Dead's success, perhaps?

ravenheart
12-28-2009, 04:15 PM

I started with FIFA '96 :D

makethemsuffer12
12-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, I guess it's not really a bad game in it's own way. But as a Resident Evil game, I was really disappointed with it. I agree about the AI for Sheva being horrible... I dislike the co-op nature of the game. Resident Evil titles were always about spending most of your time alone in a monster-infested area, with limited ammo and health. Resident Evil 5 is basically the opposite of this. Except for the monster-infested part because there are a lot of enemies.

Idk, I'm playing RE5 right now and I'm really digging it. But then again, I'm a newcomer to the series, with only playing 4 previously. I'm probably gonna download RE2 from the Playstation Store so I could experience one of the older ones. I would play the RE1 remake, but I unfortunately don't have a GC, and I don't know if I want to spend $10 on the first one with it's terrible dialouge ("That was too close. You were almost a jibble sandwich.").

DethMaiden
12-28-2009, 04:27 PM
I started with FIFA '96 :D

Yeah, I imagine NBA and NFL games have little relevance for an Englishman. :lol: ;)

ravenheart
12-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I imagine NBA and NFL games have little relevance for an Englishman. :lol: ;)

I was all over NBA and NHL games too. I think the first NHL one I got was '97... and NBA... '98 I think.

But yeah, couldn't care less about the NFL ones.

ravenheart
12-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Idk, I'm playing RE5 right now and I'm really digging it. But then again, I'm a newcomer to the series, with only playing 4 previously. I'm probably gonna download RE2 from the Playstation Store so I could experience one of the older ones. I would play the RE1 remake, but I unfortunately don't have a GC, and I don't know if I want to spend $10 on the first one with it's terrible dialouge ("That was too close. You were almost a jibble sandwich.").

Of the old ones, RE3 is the hardest, RE2 is the easiest, and RE1 is the best :p

DethMaiden
12-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I was all over NBA and NHL games too. I think the first NHL one I got was '97... and NBA... '98 I think.

But yeah, couldn't care less about the NFL ones.

Div
12-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Div picking Halo?

wut

the first one was a great game, the only ppl who hated it were the losers who didnt get an xbox and were jealous

makethemsuffer12
12-28-2009, 06:31 PM
the first one was a great game, the only ppl who hated it were the losers who didnt get an xbox and were jealous

You know there is a PC version...

Dextrimental
12-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Right, theres so much blasphemy here its actually making me feel naucious, although that could be the left overs from todays dinner I just ate.

Barely anything pre 1999? COME ON!!!!

No Final Fantasies??? COME ON!!!!

Top 5, the kings of gaming:

1. Tied between Sonic 1 and 2 and Super Mario Bros on the Nes, Perfect platforming games, no bullshit, its you, the enemies in your way, and your skill at getting from a to b.

2. FF7/9 are two of the best RPG's EVER, the story, the gameplay, the graphics, the characters, awe-inspiring. I can forgive casual gamers not playing these as if you are on a team/have a full time job, you won't by the time you've reached disc two of these things, as you've just spent the last three days straight getting there.

3. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time I would argue are the two greatest adventure games ever, at least two of the top ten. they have the addictiveness of FF, but with a far more pick up and play-esque feel to them.

4. Pac-Man/Tetris, jus downright addictive and classic, they own you.

5. Halo 3, jus for the laughs me and my mates got out of it and the previous halos, some fantastic memories.

The raminder of the top ten, IMO:

Brutal Legend
Gears of War
Oblivion
Jak and Dater
ramaining Final Fantasies.

Of the year:

Arkham Asylum
Brutal Legend
Resi 5 (Great fun since I had my best mate doing it with me)

And the rest were good but not outstanding to me :P

mankvill
12-28-2009, 06:34 PM

:lovedup:

Fires Of Sedition
12-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Smoke grenades down people? They didn't when I played. Just obscured vision. Unless you're talking about poison grenades.

Yeah, for almost an entire year the smokes made characters fall down and be totally vulnerable to any enemy within 10 feet of them. And if you got downed at the top of the stairs you'd be sliding down them for the next 30 seconds, screaming every cuss word in your vocabulary.

Now the smokes just stun you, which is still stupid.

ChildrenofSodom
12-29-2009, 12:28 AM
I would also like to add Civilization 3, Final Fantasy VII, and the Bloons and Super Stackers series to my list.

Div
12-29-2009, 12:39 AM
>final faggotry 7

:hecho:

i enjoyed the game and all, but its got to be the most overrated game on the interwebs. not only that, but theres so many plot holes in the story its hilarious people consider it well written.

ChildrenofSodom
12-29-2009, 08:07 AM
>final faggotry 7

i enjoyed the game and all, but its got to be the most overrated game on the interwebs. not only that, but theres so many plot holes in the story its hilarious people consider it well written.

Considering I played it when I was 13, and not since, I'd say it was pretty good.....despite the glitches....(like the game freezing at the start of the second disks....which I could never get past....)

es156
12-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Yeah, for almost an entire year the smokes made characters fall down and be totally vulnerable to any enemy within 10 feet of them. And if you got downed at the top of the stairs you'd be sliding down them for the next 30 seconds, screaming every cuss word in your vocabulary.

I have never even played the game and this is still funny.

SomewhereInTime72
12-29-2009, 11:13 AM
>final faggotry 7

Yeah, not even the best Final Fantasy game (6 and maybe even 10 come to mind as superior). Also :lol: @ people who consider the graphics to be good. It was the first major RPG to try 3D, but it didn't exactly succeed at all, except in the decent prerendered cutscenes.

Div
12-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Considering I played it when I was 13, and not since, I'd say it was pretty good.....despite the glitches....(like the game freezing at the start of the second disks....which I could never get past....)

so you never got past disk 2? that sucks. i bought it for PC and remember my old pentium 2 would freeze up during the cutscenes. from what i remember most of the good parts were on disk 1 anyway, after that it just made less and less sense until it was over.

mankvill
12-29-2009, 01:18 PM

Oh well, yeah. If you get hit by the explosion. Jump out of the way!

JRA
12-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Mega Man X1
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3
Star Fox 64
Super Mario Bros.

Div
12-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Actually, now that i think about it, id like to replace half life with ocarina of time and put HL in 6th place.

powerslave_85
12-29-2009, 04:26 PM
In no particular order:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

The most fun GTA game by a mile. It was the one that took full advantage of the sandbox environment. Huge cities, expansive countrysides, jet fighters, jetpacks, parachutes, tanks, heat-seeking missiles and car modifications all made for limitless possibilites, as well as hilarious random events (like random plane crashes).

Portal

Not only is it a fun, challenging puzzle game with a unique concept, but it's also the funniest game I've ever played. The boss fight and end credits made me laugh my ass off.

Mario Kart 64

No game has ever inspired so much profanity and hatred towards your fellow players.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Once the COD francise stepped out of WWII, it really became something special. Amazing graphics, tight gameplay, and a truely exciting plot.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

This one is mostly out of nostalgia, but it really is a blast, whether you're shooting Jawas for fun in Mos Eisley or doing the Death Star trench run.

JRA
12-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

You clearly have more patience and flying skill than I do. The toy plane shooting the trucks mission canceled out anything that was good about the game.

ravenheart
12-29-2009, 04:39 PM
ocarina of time

Is that some kind of mystic fruit?

powerslave_85
12-29-2009, 04:59 PM
You clearly have more patience and flying skill than I do. The toy plane shooting the trucks mission canceled out anything that was good about the game.
I played it on PC, and still managed to have some serious flying skills. Flying under the overpasses in "Las Vegas" was pretty fun.

Dextrimental
12-29-2009, 06:05 PM
>final faggotry 7

Its awesome dude, I was gripped by the plot throughly, and tyhe graphics have a charm to them i think. Plot holes are all eplained in the games and movies that have come since.

makethemsuffer12
12-31-2009, 10:14 AM
I also just remembered Mega Man Battle Network 3. Such a good game.

Div
12-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Is that some kind of mystic fruit?

more of a mystic flute than a fruit.

ravenheart
12-31-2009, 05:35 PM
more of a mystic flute than a fruit.

We're probably still in homosexual euphemism territory ;)

JRA
12-31-2009, 05:40 PM
We're probably still in homosexual euphemism territory ;)

Homosexual territory is Leon Kennedy denying Ashley Graham's request to pound her pussy at the end of Resident Evil 4.

ravenheart
12-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Homosexual territory is Leon Kennedy denying Ashley Graham's request to pound her pussy at the end of Resident Evil 4.

How well put.

makethemsuffer12
01-01-2010, 12:06 PM

I must bring up though, I've been playing RE5 alot, and the bosses are way, way too easy. Seriously, the average horde of enemies are harder than the bosses are.

ravenheart
01-13-2010, 02:29 PM

I must bring up though, I've been playing RE5 alot, and the bosses are way, way too easy.

The fucking trucks in the desert bit pisses me off no end. Lamest section of an RE game ever.

SomewhereInTime72
01-13-2010, 02:32 PM
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/5786/1262633613927.png

makethemsuffer12
01-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Hahahaha

But seriously, I thought RE5 was a great game. Then again, I only played 4 prior. I actually downloaded RE2, I haven't played it much though (gotta get used to those controls).

I would also like to take this time to say that Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is truly one of the best games I have ever played. The first one was great as well. All you 360 users are really missing out.

ravenheart
01-13-2010, 04:16 PM
4 is better than 5, I think. I've played all of the PC ones. So your basic 1-5. None of the shitty spin-offs.

makethemsuffer12
01-13-2010, 05:06 PM
does the 1-5 include Code: Veronica or no? Considering it's usually counted in the main series.

rjturtle9
04-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Im late but here's mine.

1. Pokemon Red & Blue
2. WCW vs. NWO Revenge
3. Mario Kart Double Dash
4. Brutal Legend
5. Midnight Club Dub Edition Remix

(These are off the top of my head so it could change)

mankvill
04-06-2010, 03:23 PM
WCW vs. NWO Revenge

Best sleep-over N64 game of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

makethemsuffer12
04-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Updated:

Jak II
Final Fantasy X
Uncharted 2: Among Theives
Resident Evil 4
Assassin's Creed II

Just missed the cut:
Pokemon: Silver Version
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Resident Evil 5
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Cynicist
04-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Megaman 3
Bionic Commando
Dynasty Warriors 4
Soul Reaver 2
Zelda/Link to the Past

rjturtle9
04-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Best sleep-over N64 game of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

I respectfully disagree. Mario Party 3!!!

evildeadjedi
04-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Currently

Single Player

1. Zelda OOT
2. Star Wars KOTOR
3. Bioshock
4. Eternal Darkness
5. Deus Ex

Honorable mentions -

Half life 2
System Shock II
God of War
Uncharted 2
Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal
Batman AA
Fallout 3

Multi

1. Left 4 Dead
2. Borderlands
3. Rock Band 2
4. Boom Blox
5. TF 2

Honorable mentions

GTA IV
Mario Kart Wii
Left 4 Dead 2
House of the Dead Overkill

SomewhereInTime72
04-09-2010, 06:09 PM
4. Eternal Darkness

THIS CAN'T.... BE... HAPPENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

evildeadjedi
04-10-2010, 10:07 AM
THIS CAN'T.... BE... HAPPENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Heheh awesome game I loved how it fucked with the player.

Div
04-11-2010, 08:39 PM
5. Deus Ex

evildeadjedi
04-12-2010, 12:37 PM

It's a shame that Invisible War was pretty meh. I'm hoping three is eventually released.

Div
04-12-2010, 02:21 PM
It's a shame that Invisible War was pretty meh. I'm hoping three is eventually released.

supposed to come out this year. and yeah, the sequel was a huge let down.

evildeadjedi
04-12-2010, 03:11 PM
supposed to come out this year. and yeah, the sequel was a huge let down.

I heard about that, hopefully they'll have more info at E3.

Rmeiselman
08-02-2010, 08:45 AM
Top 5 (in no particular order)
Bioshock
Pokemon Snap :rocker:
Banjo-Kazooie
Track and Field (Greatest arcade game on the planet)
World of Warcraft (Prior to both expansions)

DethMaiden
08-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Bump=opportunity to reconsider slightly?

1. Red Dead Redemption (360)
2. Pokemon Blue/Red Version (GB)
3. Dynasty Warriors 4 (PS2)
4. Guitar Hero 2 (PS2)
5. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (PS2)

Derelict
08-02-2010, 08:54 AM
Megaman 3
Bionic Commando
Dynasty Warriors 4
Soul Reaver 2
Zelda/Link to the Past

BIONIC COMMANDO IS THE SHIT

Don't feel like putting a top 5 together, but Zelda: A Link to the Past is my alltime favorite game on any system. Yes, I'm old.

evildeadjedi
08-02-2010, 10:15 AM

I certainly hope so :barf:

evildeadjedi
08-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Top 5 single player games:

1. Zelda OTT
2. Star Wars KOTR
3. Uncharted 2
4. Deus Ex
5. Eternal Darkness

DethMaiden
08-02-2010, 11:56 AM
I certainly hope so :barf:

If you can't appreciate mindlessly hacking and slashing your way through ancient Chinese history, you have no soul! :flame:

evildeadjedi
08-02-2010, 12:14 PM
If you can't appreciate mindlessly hacking and slashing your way through ancient Chinese history, you have no soul! :flame:

:lol: I played the first one and I was done.

DethMaiden
08-02-2010, 12:14 PM
:lol: I played the first one and I was done.

First one is a fighting game and the rest aren't, sooooo.

ChildrenofSodom
08-02-2010, 12:28 PM
1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Super Mario 64
3. Pokemon Red/Blue
4. Super Mario World
5. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

And the rest is split between Bomberman Hero, FFVII, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Halo 2, Mega Man X, Star Fox 64, 007: Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and onward, Civ III, and Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Crionics
08-02-2010, 12:29 PM

1. Red Dead Redemption (360)
2. Pokemon Blue/Red Version (GB)
4. Guitar Hero 2 (PS2)
5. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (PS2)

Really? I have 3, 4, and 5, and I thought 4 was the worst.

DethMaiden
08-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Really? I have 3, 4, and 5, and I thought 4 was the worst.

I don't know if it's really technically a good game, but I fucking love it. I've probably logged hundreds of hours in every mode. :lol:

Crionics
08-02-2010, 12:35 PM
I don't know if it's really technically a good game, but I fucking love it. I've probably logged hundreds of hours in every mode. :lol:

Yeah, it's a really fun game, my favorite game from 4th-5th grade :bliss:. The thing I guess I didn't like about 4 was the whole kingdom thing, I like individuals characters story better. You ever played the fifth one? So fun, the new characters were pretty awsome and you still get to kill every little person :D, I never tried the 6th one though.

Samurai Warriors was also pretty good, although I only have the first one and the Xtreme legends.

BloodoftheKings
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM
5. Goldeneye 007
4. GTA IV
3. Fallout 3
2. Banjo Kazooie
1. Conker's Bad Fur Day

evildeadjedi
08-02-2010, 01:13 PM
First one is a fighting game and the rest aren't, sooooo.

The Dynasty Warriors games are the equivalent of Deathcore in the world of video games.

http://www.consolemonster.com/article.php?id=0000000827

http://www.metacritic.com/search/process.shtml?page=1&sid=MTI4MDc4MDA4OTU4MC4zNzE2MDky&sort=relevance&ts=Dynasty+Warriors&ty=0&button=search&termtype=all

JRA
08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
1. Conker's Bad Fur Day

I fucking hate you. I never got to play that game. :mad:

Dextrimental
08-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Suppose I will attempt this..

5. GTA: San Andreas

4. Super Mario Bros.

3. Final Fantasy 7

2. Golden Axe

1. Sonic 1

This changes every month, but atm these are the pick of the litter!

JRA
08-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Top 5 games that are not Mega Man games:

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
2. Star Fox 64
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. TMNT IV Turtles In Time
5. Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

BloodoftheKings
08-02-2010, 07:52 PM
The Dynasty Warriors games are the equivalent of Deathcore in the world of video games.

BloodoftheKings
08-02-2010, 07:56 PM
I fucking hate you. I never got to play that game. :mad:
I suggest you buy the remake of it for Xbox. Both versions are pretty hard to come buy but Live and reloaded you can probably snag for under 10 bucks on ebay.

jhdeity
08-03-2010, 05:45 PM
My favorite 5 games would all be games I played with friends. It started with 2 player sports games then the N64 changed how we compete. I have no fonder memories than 4-man Perfect Dark with the Laptop Gun and Slayer. Finding a great hiding spot and shooting the Slayer and hunting down people was the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. Mine would be:

5) Tecmo Bowl - Bo knows 80 yard TD's

4) Blades of Steel - Way ahead of it's time. A HUGE step up from the "pigpen fights" of the previous hockey game

3) Goldeneye 007 - Started it all

2) Starfox 64 - nothing like going from deer to hunter in 2 seconds

1) Perfect Dark - Still the best weapons in any game I've ever played

mankvill
08-03-2010, 05:55 PM
5) Tecmo Bowl - Bo knows 80 yard TD's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0

jhdeity
08-03-2010, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PBvOxicz-0

Make that Bo knows 198 yard TD's hahaha That was great

ravenheart
08-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Goldeneye 007 - Started it all

Started what all?

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-03-2010, 07:57 PM
5) Tecmo Bowl

One of the greatest sports games of all time.

4) Blades of Steel

The very first NES game ever I bought back in 1989. An absolute classic.

Just saw this today (http://www.homage.com/store/sports/blades-of-steel)

MPF
08-04-2010, 12:56 AM
In no particular order:

Earthworm Jim
Conker's Bar Fur Day
Grand Theft Auto 4
Goldeneye 007
South Park: The Video Game

jhdeity
08-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Started what all?

Goldeneye was the 1st real 4 player game. Starfox and Goldeneye came out around the same time I guess but you had to buy an adapter and 2 extra controllers so for me Goldeneye started it all.

We had 4-man wars for years after that. The Facility screen was played hundreds of times. Nothing cooler than killing a guy then looking at the other screens only to kill the 2 guys who were fighting in another room. Man, I miss those days...

I still have those systems and might have to hook the N64 and gamecube up to my other tv. I really miss Crazy Taxi on the cube also. Crazy Taxi would surely be in my Top 5 single player games. The intensity of that game was awesome. Wave Race also...

jhdeity
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
One of the greatest sports games of all time.

The very first NES game ever I bought back in 1989. An absolute classic.

Just saw this today (http://www.homage.com/store/sports/blades-of-steel)

That shirt is MONEY! The fighting made that game.

Indestructible
09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Dantes inferno
Heavy Rain
God of war

Cant name anymore cause i suck at most games i play. Dantes inferno and heavy rain are the only two games i ever beat.

Sepultura69
11-08-2010, 02:52 PM
1.Okami
2. Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time
3. Shenmue I and II
4. FINAL FANTASY 7
5. Jet Grind Radio