PDA

View Full Version : More Avantasia News

Maiden33
12-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=132037

I gotta admit, I am getting absozutely giddy for this. With each piece of information that is posted, I get a little more excited. I truly have a feeling that this will run circles around Tobi's collective post-Hellfire Club output, and who knows, maybe even rival that album and its predecessor.

The current list of guests is as follows:
Vocals:
-Jorn lande (Solo, Masterplan, Ark)
-Russell Allen (Symphony X)
-Klaus Meine (Scorpions)
-Tim "Ripper" Owens (ex-Judas Priest, ex-Iced Earth)
-Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween)
-Bob Catley (Magnum)
(plus Tobi on vocals of course)

Drums will be handled by Eric Singer (Alice Cooper, ex-Kiss), Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody), and Felix Bohnke (Edguy).
Jens Johansson (Stratovarius) will be doing guest keyboards, and producer Sascha Paeth will again be playing a good chunk of the guitars.

More guests (vocalists and instrumentalists) will continue to be announced. Supposedly "another legend is recording vocals now". Hmmmm, who could this be?

"I swear, there is not one single song that doesn't deserve to be on there. We have 22 songs, we have Classic Metal stuff, Epic Metal stuff, but it is that combination of silent tunes and heavy tunes, the dynamics that make those albums what they are. We have Meat Loafish choirs, epic orchestral parts and great melodies. Fast stuff, slow stuff, traditional Hard Rock stuff. Great ballads, I am very happy. This musical is a movie for your soul, you close your eyes and listen and you will be taken on a journey. To me I got the feeling that this is the most intense musical journey I have ever set off on. This is Avantasia at its best, man. I gotta quote a friend: This is not another project, it's a fucking epic."

There is a song called "The Wicked Symphony", it's a ten minutes track featuring a vocal battle between Jorn Lande, Russell Allen and me.

:drool:

SomewhereInTime72
12-16-2009, 09:04 AM
This should just come out already. Sounds great.

Maiden33
12-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Andre Matos confirmed. Not too excited. I've always found him to be overrated. Not surprised though.

Maiden33
01-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Even more news to be posted:

First off, the list of guests is now as follows:

Vocals:
-Jorn lande (Solo, Masterplan, Ark)
-Russell Allen (Symphony X)
-Klaus Meine (Scorpions)
-Tim "Ripper" Owens (ex-Judas Priest, ex-Iced Earth)
-Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween)
-Bob Catley (Magnum)
-Oliver Hartmann (At Vance, Hartmann)
-Cloudy Yang
-Ralf Zdiarstek
-Andre Matos (Angra, Solo)

Musicians:
-Jens Johansson (Stratovarius ) - Keyboards
-Bob Kulick (Kiss) - Guitars
-Oliver Hartmann (At Vance, Hartmann) - Guitars
-Eric Singer (Alice Cooper, Kiss) - Drums
-Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody) - Drums
-Felix Bohnke (Edguy) - Drums

And then of course we have Tobias Sammet on vocals as well as bass, and Sascha Paeth as the primary guitarist.

No word yet as to whether or not there are any more guests to be announced. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miro pop for keys and Henjo from Gamma Ray to pop up for some lead guitars - maybe another vocalist, being that Tobi had mentioned something about a big surprise, and I nothing to that end has been announced in that time. Not that it really matters. This thing has scored so many awesome points with me already, anything else is just a bonus.

Furthermore:
COVER ARTWORK ANNOUNCED.

Damn good stuff, IMO. I love the theme running between The Scarecrow and these two new ones. The artwork is similar enough to convey a congruence and theme, but still quite different.

This HAS to be among my most anticipated releases of all-time.

IrritatedTrout
01-15-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm excited for this.

ravenheart
01-18-2010, 05:15 AM
The other vocal "legend" Tobi mentioned has been confirmed.

Jon Oliva.

“Jon will appear on a theatrical song called 'Death Is Just A Feeling'. We just had a press listening last weekend in Mousse T’s prestigious Peppermint-Park studios in Hannover where we had recorded the duet with Klaus Meine a few months ago for example. Many of the numerous journalists that had come from all over Europe said that they have the feeling this is going to be the most epic and simply the best Avantasia-stuff with the widest variety so far, yet every song fits perfectly to the enchanting conceptual character. I am proud, I knew we were gonna do something momentous, but it feels great that it’s been confirmed once more. Jon’s song stood out as it is like a little movie itself, very eerie, and it could be a perfect chapter in a horror-musical.”

Maiden33 probably just came.

JuuKun
01-18-2010, 07:02 AM
Awesome!

I didn't think The Scarecrow was all that great (though it was good), so I hope this lives up to the vocal talent on it. Very excited considering the vocalists involved, though.

Maiden33
01-18-2010, 07:34 AM
The other vocal "legend" Tobi mentioned has been confirmed.

Jon Oliva.

ďJon will appear on a theatrical song called 'Death Is Just A Feeling'. We just had a press listening last weekend in Mousse Tís prestigious Peppermint-Park studios in Hannover where we had recorded the duet with Klaus Meine a few months ago for example. Many of the numerous journalists that had come from all over Europe said that they have the feeling this is going to be the most epic and simply the best Avantasia-stuff with the widest variety so far, yet every song fits perfectly to the enchanting conceptual character. I am proud, I knew we were gonna do something momentous, but it feels great that itís been confirmed once more. Jonís song stood out as it is like a little movie itself, very eerie, and it could be a perfect chapter in a horror-musical.Ē

Maiden33 probably just came.

Yep, I couldn't be happier. This whole thing is just becoming too good to be true for me.

ravenheart
01-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Yep, I couldn't be happier. This whole thing is just becoming too good to be true for me.

Email Tobi and ask if you can play on it ;)

Maiden33
02-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Tracklisting for both albums announced!

"The Wicked Symphony"
01.The Wicked Symphony
02.Wastelands
03.Scales of Justice
04.Dying For an Angel
05.Blizzard on a Broken Mirror
06.Runaway Train
07.Crestfallen
08.Forever is a long Time
09.Black Wings
10.States of Matter
11.The Edge

"Angel of Babylon"
01.Angel of Babylon
02.Stargazers
03.Your love is Evil
04.Death is Just a Feeling
05.Rat Race
06.Down in the Dark
07.Blowing Out the Flame
08.Symphony of life
09.Alone I Remember
10.Promised land II
11.Journey to Arcadia

And thusly, the full lineup is as follows:
Tobias Sammet - Vocals, Bass
Sascha Paeth - Guitars
Eric Singer - Drums
Jorn lande - Vocals
Russell Allen - Vocals
Klaus Meine - Vocals
Tim "Ripper" Owens - Vocals
Jon Oliva - Vocals
Bob Catley - Vocals
Oliver Hartmann - Vocals, Guitars
Michael Kiske - Vocals
Ralf Zdiarstek - Vocals
Cloudy Yang - Vocals
Andre Matos - Vocals
Jens Johansson - Keyboards
Michael "Miro" Rodenberg - Keyboards
Bruce Kulick - Guitars
Felix Bohnke - Drums
Alex Holzwarth - Drums

The_jman
02-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I loved the scarecrow, hope these are good. Its not that I didn't enjoy the metal operas I just haven't had time to sit down and listen to them.

JuuKun
03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
The Tobias/Klaus duet "Dying For an Angel" is streaming over on Brave Words. Sounds pretty good.

IrritatedTrout
03-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Very good song. It's not breaking any new musical ground but it's catchy as hell and both Tobi and Klaus sound awesome.

The_jman
03-03-2010, 09:34 AM
does someone have the link to it?

Maiden33
03-03-2010, 09:41 AM
http://www.bravewords.com

Follow through the adds to the main page, and there's a link to it streaming in the upper left corner.

It WAS on YouTube, but Nuclear Blast had it removed.

Maiden33
03-11-2010, 07:27 AM
If you register with the Tobias Sammet/Avantasia website (free sign-up), you can hear exclusive previews of a whole bunch of new tracks. I think in time they plan to have clips of every song up, but for now it's just 5 new songs and "Dying For an Angel".

The 5 new songs are:
"Scales of Justice" (feat. Tim Owens)
"Wastelands" (feat. Michael Kiske)
"Death is Just a Feeling" (feat. Jon Oliva)
"Stargazers" (feat. Oliver Hartmann)
"States of Matter"

I could be crazy, but I really love every sample, and honestly it sounds to me as though this album may VERY well deliver on my expectation of being Tobias Sammet's biggest and best project ever.

maidenpriest
03-11-2010, 10:56 AM
i liked every sample as well actually. especially Scales of Justice and Wastelands

Maiden33
03-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Just preordered the box set!