PDA

View Full Version : Killswitch Engage/Dark Tranquility tour

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-11-2009, 05:51 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131814

Hope that when they announce the East Coast section they pull in a friendly Friday/weekend date, I'd love to see Dark Tranquility now that I'm finally into them :party:

Fires Of Sedition
12-11-2009, 06:37 AM
"Sweden's DARK TRANQUILLITY is also being advertised as taking part in the trek (Ticketmaster, The Rave), but is currently scheduled to play a couple of shows in the group's home country in late February, making the band's participation in the KILLSWITCH tour unlikely."

Will not be at the Tulsa show if DT won't be there.

broncoz
12-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Jesus christ i will be pissed if Dark Tranquillity tours with a shitty band like killswitch.

They have said on their homepage they will tour north america this winter, but this would just be sad. Don't even know if I would want to deal with killswitch fans just to hear a short DT set, not to mention Devil fans as well. And also dark tranquillity opening before The Devil Wears Prada as well? They should be headlining this tour and they are opening... god this is like a joke.

Guess we have to wait till next fall for a headlining tour.

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Only reason I would go is if DT were still on the bill. And the above statement is true, a short DT set is barely worth it sitting through fail-core fans. Are they really opening for Devil and Killswitch? I would think that they would have opened for Killswitch (still very unfortunate).

xStructualDefect
12-11-2009, 08:56 AM
i'm pretty excited if it's DT and KsE. and for those who think KsE fans are full of scene kids that's not true, every time i've seen them i've seen few scene kids at their shows. and this will be an opportunity for DT, it will finally give them exposure they deserve. and KsE are highly influenced by At the Gates, Dark Tranquillity, and In Flames, so i'm sure it's a big deal to KsE as well.

Edit: HOLY FUCK. DEVIL WEARS PRADA? are you fucking serious? that just made this tour 50x more lame.

girnny777
12-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Full dates from Bravewords

February
4 - House of Blues - Boston, MA
5 - House of Blues - Atlantic City, NJ
6 - NorVa - Norfolk, VA (Killswitch Engage and Dark Tranquility only)
8 - House of Blues - Lake Buena Vista, FL
10 - Tabernacle - Atlanta, GA
11 - Amos’ Southend - Charlotte, NC
12 - Sonar - Baltimore, MD
13 - House Of Blues - Cleveland, OH
15 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
18 - First Avenue Loop - Station, MN
19 - Eagles Ballroom - Milwaukee, WI
20 - Royal Oak Music Theatre - Royal Oak, MI
21 - The Egyptian Room at the Murat Center - Indianapolis, IN
23 - Cain's Ballroom - Tulsa, OK
24 - Stubb’s Waller Creek Amphitheater - Austin, TX (Killswitch Engage, Dark Tranquility and special guest)
25 - Warehouse, Live - Houston, TX
26 - Palladium Ballroom - Dallas, TX
27 - Concrete Street Amphitheatre - Corpus Christi, TX (Killswitch Engage, Dark Tranquility and special guest)

March
1 - Sunshine Theatre - Albuquerque, NM
3 - House of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
5 - Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ
6 - The Wiltern - Los Angeles, CA
7 - The Warfield - San Francisco, CA
9 - Roseland Theater - Portland, OR
10 - Showbox SoDo - Seattle, WA
12 - The Great Salt Air - Magna, UT
13 - Fillmore Auditorium - Denver, CO
14 - The Midland by AMC - Kansas City, MO
15 - The Pageant - St. Louis, MO
16 - Rocket Town - Nashville, TN (Killswitch Engage, Dark Tranquility and special guest)
18 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
19 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
21 - The Dome - Wallingford, CT

girnny777
12-11-2009, 09:55 AM
I've never heard of the Dome in Wallingford, but it would be nice to see DT without paying for a train ticket to New York. And I think I speak for most of the posters here by saying "Fuck KE and TDWP".

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Well it looks like the 19th I'm there :party:

And yes, fuck them other two.

MPF
12-11-2009, 11:40 AM
First Avenue Loop - Station, MN

So is that suppose to be First Avenue, Station 4, or some place I've never heard of before?

illninoese
12-11-2009, 12:13 PM
OHHH YEAH!!!!

DT BACK IN FL!!!!

It sucks that they keep getting these opening slots though....last time I saw them with Opeth, they went on before DevilDriver.

I want a full headlining US tour. Hopefully we'll get it with the new album coming out. Bring Darkane as support!

JuuKun
12-11-2009, 12:39 PM
4 - House of Blues - Boston, MA

If DT seriously OPENS FOR THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, I'll be fucking pissed. I was just thinking the other day how awesome it would be to see them (DT) again. It's lame that KSE would be over them but that one atleast makes sense in a very sad way.

My first DT experience was direct support to Opeth (If this is the same tour as was mentioned w/ DevilDriver, then Providence didn't get DevilDriver). Saw them the next year co-headlining with The Haunted. But opening for the Devil Wears Prada? That's fucking nonsense. They really should be direct support on this package...

Might still go to the Boston show, to support DT. Depends.

Also, +1 for the Dark Tranquillity/Darkane tour. That'd be so awesome!

mankvill
12-11-2009, 12:46 PM
14 - The Midland by AMC - Kansas City, MO

These fucks (KSE) come here way too much. God damnit.

xStructualDefect
12-11-2009, 01:00 PM
i'll probably be at the LA date whether DT is playing or not. KsE always brings it live. but god damnit i'd be fucking pissed if i see TDWP play after DT and get a longer set than them. actually i'll be pissed just having to see TDWP again. i've seen TDWP at warped tour and not only were they horrible, but so was their crowd. everyone in that crowd was a 15 year old scene douchebag.

SomewhereInTime72
12-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Killswitch....

...guess I wont be seeing DT. :mad:

b1indedbyfear
12-11-2009, 01:41 PM

Win, I can leave early or prob get a free ride and stay for KSE.

Chyck
12-11-2009, 01:51 PM
I love DT, know almost nothing about TDWP (I heard one song and that was enough), and, in all honesty, KSE is the only band I've seen live that genuinely annoyed the piss out of me.

2/4 - House of Blues - Boston, MA

I guess I'm going? Maybe? Is my sanity worth it?

Is that DT/Darkane tour confirmed? If so, I just might be able to save my soul after all.

xStructualDefect
12-11-2009, 01:58 PM

if only the whole tour was like this w/o TDWP.

and a DT/Darkane tour would be cool, but i really don't think DT has a big enough fanbase to headline a tour in the US. even with The Haunted, Into Eternity, and Scar Symmetry, as awesome as that show was, it wasn't filled at all.

JuuKun
12-11-2009, 02:03 PM
I love DT, know almost nothing about TDWP (I heard one song and that was enough), and, in all honesty, KSE is the only band I've seen live that genuinely annoyed the piss out of me.

2/4 - House of Blues - Boston, MA

I guess I'm going? Maybe? Is my sanity worth it?

Is that DT/Darkane tour confirmed? If so, I just might be able to save my soul after all.

If you can get to the show? It's absolutely worth it (Assuming, mainly, that DT aren't opening the show. Until a proper tour announcement I refuse to believe that). DT are an incredible live act.

And, DT/Darkane isn't even a rumor as far as I know, just something that would be awesome.

Chyck
12-11-2009, 02:15 PM
If you can get to the show? It's absolutely worth it (Assuming, mainly, that DT aren't opening the show. Until a proper tour announcement I refuse to believe that). DT are an incredible live act.

And, DT/Darkane isn't even a rumor as far as I know, just something that would be awesome.

Ah, dang. I was definitely reading everyone's posts with rose colored glasses. My hopes have been destroyed in one fell swoop!

I've always wondered what it would be like to be insane... TDWP & KSE just might get me there :tongue:.

broncoz
12-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Are you kidding me... TDWP does covers of rap songs and shit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y7HK41drIo&feature=related

This is disgusting. If i go at all, I might drive the extra hour to Virginia just so they are not on the bill, because i will flip out if i have to listen to this in Baltimore. I'm sorry but i'm guessing they will get booed off the stage at most of these shows, why would dark tranquility accept a fucking tour like this.

b1indedbyfear
12-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Because when DT comes to the US its always with a bigger band and touring with KSE they will be playing sold out shows at bigger venues than they usually play at.

Everytime I have seen DT it has been at a place that only holds 500 people and they arent even headlining.

Hope it does good for them so they can headline US tours sometime.

maidenpriest
12-11-2009, 03:46 PM
debating whether to pay KSE prices just to see a 30 minute DT show...

mastodon421
12-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I will proably go to this. As KSE is one of my fave bands and i will pretty much jump at another chance to see them.

AnthG
12-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I don't mind DT opening for KsE since KsE are huge and it'll give DT a lot of exposure, but Dark Tranquillity playing before TDWP is absolutely fucking wrong.

*cartman voice* IT'S WRONG!!

Fires Of Sedition
12-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Definitely won't go to the Tulsa date if that shitty "band" gets a longer set than Dark Tranquillity.

daimonos
12-12-2009, 08:38 AM
I would love to see Dark Tranquillity but seriously...opening for Devil Wears Prada and Killswitch Engage? :mad:

Chyck
12-14-2009, 08:27 AM
The tour is now official, and DT has canceled their shows in Sweden to accommodate it.

"First 2010 US tour confirmed!
We can now confirm the first full scale tour for 2010. Together with Killswitch engage and The Devil Wears Prada we'll embark on a trek throughout the US in February/March 2010. More details will follow shortly"

Full release at:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=50631197&blogId=522224345

KsE is definitely headlining (no shocker there), but note that it doesn't say the order otherwise.

b1indedbyfear
12-14-2009, 09:46 AM
The Devil Wears Prada isnt playing at my show but hopefully they atleast rotate the rest of the tour unless DT is right before KSE each night.

xStructualDefect
12-14-2009, 10:46 AM
looks like i HAVE to go now. the lineup would actually be pretty cool but honestly TDWP? are you fucking kidding me? that's almost as bad as DT opening up for Bring Me The Horizon. i like some metalcore but TDWP is terrible. all their fans are 16 year old scene douchebags who 2 step or hardcore dancing the entire song. well hopefully DT gets exposed and their name gets out during/after this this tour for going on tour with mainstream bands.

JuuKun
12-17-2009, 02:57 PM
NO FEAR DARK TRANQUILLITY FANS! from the official DT twitter:

@broncoz87 @terminus84 @richterparty There will be both support and headline tours in the US for this album - don't worry! :P

:party:

Also: DT have a new song up on their myspace.

idrinkwine732
12-17-2009, 03:29 PM

@broncoz87 @terminus84 @richterparty There will be both support and headline tours in the US for this album - don't worry! :P

Also: DT have a new song up on their myspace.That is the best news I've heard all day, thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Otherwise I would have paid 30 bucks to go to a pretty shitty tour to see an excellent band.

Chyck
12-17-2009, 04:03 PM
That may be the only useful tweet I have ever heard of. Three cheers for a lack of shit!

Fires Of Sedition
12-17-2009, 11:48 PM

Also: DT have a new song up on their myspace.

FUCK YEAH! Hopefully they come to Oklahoma so I don't have to go to that TDWP bullshit.

tdunks523
12-19-2009, 10:51 PM
im pumped for this tour. ive been listening to kse and tdwp forever so this is gonna be great. and u shouldnt hate on a band cause there fans suck. i like tdwp and i dont 2 step or swing my arms around like an asshole or anything

Fires Of Sedition
12-19-2009, 11:23 PM
im pumped for this tour. ive been listening to kse and tdwp forever so this is gonna be great. and u shouldnt hate on a band cause there fans suck. i like tdwp and i dont 2 step or swing my arms around like an asshole or anything

Asshole fans are just one reason I hate TDWP. The other reason is because they suck.

JuuKun
12-20-2009, 01:47 AM
I don't dislike TDWP or KSE because of their fans. I just don't like their music. Their fans (from my experience) being terrible has nothing to do with it. :)

Chyck
12-20-2009, 07:03 AM
KsE is (are?) just freakin' obnoxious performers. Sorry, but when you're running around in short-shorts and a cape, you do NOT deserve to tell the pit that they are not brutal enough.

JuuKun
12-20-2009, 08:28 AM
KsE is (are?) just freakin' obnoxious performers. Sorry, but when you're running around in short-shorts and a cape, you do NOT deserve to tell the pit that they are not brutal enough.

Yeah, I didn't even want to go into KSE's live performance. I mean, I don't care about the attire, but the stage banter is just incredibly immature and annoying. And this is coming from someone who loves blink-182.

b1indedbyfear
12-20-2009, 08:47 AM
I thought they were funny the first couple times I saw them and didnt expect it, but now I dont really watch them at shows.

Chyck
12-20-2009, 10:14 AM
the stage banter is just incredibly immature and annoying.

Exactly. Combine these two attributes with their enormous egos, and you have the worst show ever. I'm rather ashamed that they come from my locality.

But hey, on a happy note - yay for DT being on a different tour in 2010 :) By the final DT / KsE date (which is when I would go if I go at all), something should hopefully be announced.

idrinkwine732
12-20-2009, 03:01 PM
I could only enjoy KSE live if they played all of Alive or Just Breathing then the good songs from End of Heartache.

tdunks523
12-24-2009, 12:43 PM
I don't dislike TDWP or KSE because of their fans. I just don't like their music. Their fans (from my experience) being terrible has nothing to do with it. :)

i just have read before people saying how bands suck because of their fans and never say their music is bad or anything. just an observation haha