PDA

View Full Version : Clutch East Coast Mini-Tour

mankvill
12-08-2009, 05:50 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131668

Maryland rockers CLUTCH will perform their second, self-titled 1995 album in its entirety at the following shows:

Dec. 27 - Charlotte, NC @ Amos' Southend
Dec. 28 - Washington DC @ 9:30 Club
Dec. 29 - Clifton Park, NY (Albany) @ Northern Lights
Dec. 30 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues
Dec. 31 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom

ADD
12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Nice, that would really be somethin to see.

DethMaiden
12-08-2009, 05:54 PM
FUCK WHAT THE WHOLE SELF-TITLED!?!?!?! Ohhhhhhhhh if there was any chance I could make one of these shows I would jump at the opportunity. Fuck you, east coast.

SomewhereInTime72
12-08-2009, 05:56 PM
FUCK.

DethMaiden
12-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I can almost think about justifying 8 hours to Washington D.C. for this, and I've never been to Washington D.C. Fuck. I'm gonna be on break so nothing except money and my better judgment are stopping me. :snivel:

EDIT: "Then against my better judgment I went walking out that door, I smiled at one person then I nodded to three more, one man asked me for a dollar, I asked him what it's for, he said 'I have seen them,' I said 'Okay, it's yours.'" :snivel: :snivel:

ADD
12-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I would if I could but I can't so I won't. But you definitely should :D

DethMaiden
12-08-2009, 06:04 PM
I would if I could but I can't so I won't. But you definitely should :D

I've got connections near D.C. so I have a place to crash after the show. I will be taking this into strong consideration over the next 24 hours.

TonyD
12-08-2009, 06:12 PM
BAHH FUCK YOUUUU

ADD
12-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Nice. Actually had a hell of an experience relating to this album recently, over Thanksgiving break I was back home and driving into the city listening to this album. It was raining a little but not too bad, anyway I was jammin "Escape From The Prison Planet" and as I was making a right turn onto this big avenue I went too fast and lost control and spun out over the little cement divider in the road and ended up facing oncoming traffic on the other side of the street. It's a miracle I didn't hit anyone and that the car didn't flip going over the divide. Didn't even blow a tire or anything, just flipped it an kept going. Hella scary though. So the moral of the story is when you're listening to Clutch don't rock too hard and pay attention to the road :cool:

MPF
12-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Damn that is not fair.

I hope sombody will tape thiis/these shows.

Natrlhi
12-08-2009, 08:19 PM
What I wouldn't give to hear the self-titled album live in its entirety. :snivel:

That would be so. Fucking. Badass.

Brad - fuck it - let's go to this mother fucker. (I'm only half kidding.)

converge241
12-09-2009, 03:58 AM
Wow I knew they were coming but didnt know about playing the self titled !

Derelict
12-09-2009, 04:33 AM
HOLY SHIT. They pretty much play these same shows this week every year (although they usually play baltimore on new years ever)....but this is incredible - I might hit Sayreville or DC

Natrlhi
12-09-2009, 05:44 AM
metalsetlists.com holiday meet-up in DC!

DethMaiden
12-09-2009, 06:09 AM
I thought about it and I really can't justify it, especially having seen them four times now and having seen almost everything on the self-titled already. If this was within, say, five hours, I would go, but eight is a little excessive, especially since that's two days I'd have to ask off work on top of spending the money.

jhdeity
12-09-2009, 07:37 AM
There's still plenty of tickets my buddy said. I'm trying to get a ride or meet someone close and drive up. It's not the worst part of DC but it's still not advisable going alone.

Can anyone explain to me how Thievery Corporation could sell out 4 straight nights of shows and they still have tix for Clutch?

Natrlhi
12-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Can anyone explain to me how Thievery Corporation could sell out 4 straight nights of shows and they still have tix for Clutch?

Easy - because they're more mainstream than Clutch.

(plus, to be honest, they're also not all that bad...:eyes:)

converge241
12-11-2009, 06:22 AM
I thought about it and I really can't justify it, especially having seen them four times now and having seen almost everything on the self-titled already. If this was within, say, five hours, I would go, but eight is a little excessive, especially since that's two days I'd have to ask off work on top of spending the money.

If youve already seen most of the tracks, yes why go through that trouble?

Im excited but thats a hop skip and a jump for me to HOB Boston. If I was further away I would be fine like you because ive seen most of the songs i want to see played live from that album (on the Slayer/Clutch/System of a Down tour in the same building - though name/appaearance has changed). Not worth the trek!

jhdeity
12-11-2009, 06:53 AM
Easy - because they're more mainstream than Clutch.

(plus, to be honest, they're also not all that bad...:eyes:)

Yeah but 4 straight nights? I guess I need to at least check them out. I remember hearing about them during my NIN/Ministry phase but never really heard anything from them.

Natrlhi
12-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Yeah but 4 straight nights? I guess I need to at least check them out. I remember hearing about them during my NIN/Ministry phase but never really heard anything from them.

Yeah, my only point was just that there are like umpteen mainstream folks to every metalhead, so it's all in the numbers, really.

I saw Thievery Corporation live for the first time as a by-product of having been at Lollapalooza 2009 to see Sound Tribe Sector 9, Crystal Castles and Depeche Mode. They are pretty OK. They're not metal - they are a folky, hip-hop jam band with an island flair. Their music is very smooth and rather addictive. It helps if you have a bit of appreciation for reggae, too. Listening to them just made me want to sway and groove out. IMO, good music - of any genre - is music that just gets into your head, and then further into your body as a whole and kinda takes you on a journey somewhere for a while. Know what I mean? ;)