PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden announcement coming Wednesday

IrritatedTrout
12-07-2009, 08:18 AM
http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=1

:drool: Tour dates please!

SomewhereInTime72
12-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Tour dates would be great, but at this point it's probably something new album-related.... right?

Either way, I love me some Maiden news.

DethMaiden
12-07-2009, 10:27 AM
If it's a tour announcement, I've got my bank account at the ready.

IrritatedTrout
12-07-2009, 10:36 AM

:light:

ravenheart
12-07-2009, 10:54 AM
It will be that they are starting writing for the new album.

DisasterPiece120
12-07-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm pretty sure they will be playing newer stuff though on the tour if the announcement is a tour. I think i remember one of the members saying that a while ago.

PowerMaiden
12-07-2009, 11:02 AM
oooooouuuuuuuuuuuu can't wait :powerslav

Up The Irons !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maiden33
12-07-2009, 11:13 AM

The problem is that I was planning on joining the fan club at Christmas. If tickets wind up going on sale in 2 weeks, I'm fucked. I'm really hoping that's not what this is. I'm hoping it's album news.

mankvill
12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
It will be that they are starting writing for the new album.

They've begun planning the planning stages for writing the new album.

ravenheart
12-07-2009, 12:13 PM
The problem is that I was planning on joining the fan club at Christmas. If tickets wind up going on sale in 2 weeks, I'm fucked. I'm really hoping that's not what this is. I'm hoping it's album news.

Don't worry. They aren't touring until 2011. There are rumours of maybe, possibly, maybe a few European festival headlines next year, but that's unlikely.

DethMaiden
12-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Don't worry. They aren't touring until 2011. There are rumours of maybe, possibly, maybe a few European festival headlines next year, but that's unlikely.

THEN WHY DID THEY SAY ED FORCE ONE WOULD BE TAKING FLIGHT NEXT SUMMER HUH? BRUCE JUST LIKE TO PILOT? :mad:

mankvill
12-07-2009, 12:15 PM
IRON MAIDEN's SONISPHERE Announcement Coming On Wednesday - Dec. 7, 2009
British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN are expected to announce on Wednesday, December 9 at 6:00 p.m. GMT that they will headline next year's edition of the U.K.'s Sonisphere festival, which will be held Saturday, July 31, 2010 and Sunday, August 1, 2010 at Knebworth.

DethMaiden
12-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Well, that will be a stupid announcement. I'm ready to see Iron Maiden again and hear new Iron Maiden. :hmm;

Maiden33
12-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Well, that will be a stupid announcement. I'm ready to see Iron Maiden again and hear new Iron Maiden. :hmm;

On the plus side, it buys us more time do things the best way we can.

ravenheart
12-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Looks like some of the Euro fest rumours might be true. The other strong one at the moment is Graspop in Belgium.

Butcher of Birth
12-07-2009, 02:42 PM
I hope they play Wacken ;) haha That would enhance my trip ten fold!

Maiden33
12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Looks like some of the Euro fest rumours might be true. The other strong one at the moment is Graspop in Belgium.

Do you actually have any inside info, or are you just acting like you do?

IrritatedTrout
12-07-2009, 03:01 PM
I've heard the Graspop thing too.

idrinkwine732
12-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I hope they play Wacken ;) haha That would enhance my trip ten fold!

I'd have to change my plans to go in 2011 and go next year if that happened.

DethMaiden
12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
On the plus side, it buys us more time do things the best way we can.

True, but if they really don't play the States this year, I probably can't see them since I'll be in London next summer. I'll be especially pissed if they play London while I'm in America and America while I'm in London with mutual exclusivity.

IrritatedTrout
12-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Hopefully the announcement will be more than just Sonisphere. I'll be bummed if they don't do at least one date in America but I'll go to Europe this summer if need be. I just don't want to spend all that money on a plane ticket to go to fucking Sonisphere. Headline gigs and/or better festivals would be sweet.

PowerMaiden
12-07-2009, 03:36 PM
a short summer tour that hit both NA & europe a la Ed Hunter or GMETID would be more than welcome, I cannot afford europe next year

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

IrritatedTrout
12-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Damnit, it was just the Sonisphere UK announcment. Well, I suppose they wouldn't bother with rehearsals and all that just for one show so there should be more dates coming sometime (I hope). If not, I'm shocked to say that I find the rest of the line up pretty strong so far, Rammstein, Slayer, Alice Cooper, good stuff. I'm definitely gonna keep this on my radar as a serious possibility.

Maiden33
12-09-2009, 10:02 AM
I don't want to ruin my Maiden cred here, but I'd never go to Europe to see them. At least not without a massively good reason, such as their final show(s) or something. Given my constant lack of funds, I could never, ever justify a trip to Europe to see a band who I've (only now) seen live 4 times in America. No way. Not when there's dozens of bands I love that I will never get to see because they may never even come to America.

Fe Maiden
12-09-2009, 12:01 PM
I don't want to ruin my Maiden cred here, but I'd never go to Europe to see them. At least not without a massively good reason, such as their final show(s) or something. Given my constant lack of funds, I could never, ever justify a trip to Europe to see a band who I've (only now) seen live 4 times in America. No way. Not when there's dozens of bands I love that I will never get to see because they may never even come to America.I hear you! As much as I love Maiden, I would not travel over seas to see them!

Butcher of Birth
12-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm going to Wacken and not just "So-and-So's" concert. A festival I feel is far more bang for your buck then seeing a band you've seen/can see in your home state

IrritatedTrout
12-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I mean, it's a very big thing to travel so far for one and a half hours of enjoyment but I think it would be worth it. But, to me, Maiden is so many light years beyond any other music on this planet that I'd be ok with spending so much on them. Plus, this is something I've been planning and saving for, if I didn't already have some Maiden-specific funds put away then there would be no way I could do this.

Definitely still have my fingers crossed for NYC/Toronto/LA though.

Fe Maiden
12-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I mean, it's a very big thing to travel so far for one and a half hours of enjoyment but I think it would be worth it. But, to me, Maiden is so many light years beyond any other music on this planet that I'd be ok with spending so much on them. Plus, this is something I've been planning and saving for, if I didn't already have some Maiden-specific funds put away then there would be no way I could do this.
Maybe I've seen Maiden so many times since 1983 that I feel like.........."yeah I want to go but if it is more than 2-3 hours on a plane, forget it!"

mankvill
12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Well now, although it's primarily Maiden, there's also Slayer, Anthrax, Alice Cooper, Iggy & The Stooges...and probably more.

ravenheart
12-10-2009, 03:29 AM
Yeah, but not many more. There's The Cult and Motley Crue, but that's a pretty pricey top end. The rest of the bill will be shit. Just like last year.

For me the best part of the whole Sonisphere announcement yesterday is that the Swedish and Finnish ones have confirmed Heaven & Hell, which means Dio expects to be fit enough to tour by then :)

IrritatedTrout
12-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Maiden confirmed for Sweden and Finland Sonisphere.

And here's some good news for us Americans, there are strong rumors on the IMBB that Maiden will do North America in May/June. I have no way of confirming if this is true but I know the majority of these rumors turn out to be true (the UK Sonisphere thing has been pretty much well known for a number of months now, plus the IMBB knew the 09 setlist before the Belgrade gig ever happened). Somebody on the board has some inside contacts (though they'll never say who they are) and I'm hoping this rumor turns out to be true as well.

mankvill
12-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Maiden confirmed for Sweden and Finland Sonisphere.

And here's some good news for us Americans, there are strong rumors on the IMBB that Maiden will do North America in May/June. I have no way of confirming if this is true but I know the majority of these rumors turn out to be true (the UK Sonisphere thing has been pretty much well known for a number of months now, plus the IMBB knew the 09 setlist before the Belgrade gig ever happened). Somebody on the board has some inside contacts (though they'll never say who they are) and I'm hoping this rumor turns out to be true as well.

May 31 is Kansas City? Best birthday present ever. :D

mankvill
12-16-2009, 12:16 PM
They're doing Wacken this year too.

ravenheart
12-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Well someone good's got to play. The line-up blows so far.

mankvill
12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Well someone good's got to play. The line-up blows so far.

Hey now, 1349 and Cannibal Corpse! :eyes:

300%_Density
12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
I figure if its tour related it will be the same we will play every continent w/ the exception of Antarctica. Do the big Euro fests, play in Asia for like a month and then they will do like 5 American dates that are at opposite ends of the country. Hopefully it will just be album related. I would love to be wrong but have a feeling I won't be.

Butcher of Birth
12-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Maiden, Arch Enemy, Cannibal Corpse, Edguy, Ect.... Soooo good for me!

ravenheart
12-17-2009, 02:16 AM
I figure if its tour related it will be the same we will play every continent w/ the exception of Antarctica. Do the big Euro fests, play in Asia for like a month and then they will do like 5 American dates that are at opposite ends of the country. Hopefully it will just be album related. I would love to be wrong but have a feeling I won't be.

Lol, keep up. They're headlining Sonisphere festivals in Europe. That was the announcement.

ravenheart
12-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Maiden, Arch Enemy, Cannibal Corpse, Edguy, Ect.... Soooo good for me!

A handful of bands will not fill three days. You need at least 20 bands to see.

Dextrimental
12-17-2009, 04:17 AM
Lol, keep up. They're headlining Sonisphere festivals in Europe. That was the announcement.

WRONG. Sonisphere date in UK, European ones are bein graced with THE BIG FUCKING FOUR. Graspop is lookin awesome with Maiden and kiss thus far, throw in that, with a big four date somewhere and bloodstock to see Devin Townsend show all the new bands how to REALLY be heavy and this is gonna be the most metal summer possibly ever :P

mankvill
12-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Motley Crue is playing Wacken too. Also the Sonisphere with Maiden.

Maiden/Crue tour? :D

DethMaiden
12-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Motley Crue is playing Wacken too. Also the Sonisphere with Maiden.

Maiden/Crue tour? :D

That would be pretty cool. Not a huge Crue fan, but I'm certainly more of a Crue fan than a Lauren Harris fan.

mankvill
12-17-2009, 09:48 AM
That would be pretty cool. Not a huge Crue fan, but I'm certainly more of a Crue fan than a Lauren Harris fan.

Maiden/Lauren Harris/Crue

duhhh

Butcher of Birth
12-17-2009, 10:54 AM
A handful of bands will not fill three days. You need at least 20 bands to see.

It's getting there my friend ;)

Butcher of Birth
12-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Wacken So Far:
1349 *
ALICE COOPER *
AMORPHIS
ARCH ENEMY *
CALIBAN
CANNIBAL CORPSE *
CORVUS CORAX
DESPISED ICON
DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER
EDGUY *
ENDSTILLE
GHOST BRIGADE
GRAVE DIGGER
IMMORTAL *
IRON MAIDEN *
MÖTLEY CRÜE *
ORDEN OGAN
PRIMAL FEAR *
SLAYER
STRATOVARIUS *
THE DEVIL'S BLOOD
U.D.O.
W.A.S.P. *

11 Bands I like so far, so I need what? 9 More? Should be easy at this rate

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Brutal line up. I can't wait to go backpacking through Europe summer of my junior year. Me and my buddy are SO hitting up these brutal festivals :rocker:

es156
12-19-2009, 10:02 AM

I was glad to see that some of the guys on the IMBB with inside connections are backing the US tour rumors. This should be sweet. I really didn't think we would get to see Maiden again until after the new disc is released. I can only hope they do more than one midwest date.

mankvill
12-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Maiden/Alice Cooper US tour

Maiden33
12-19-2009, 02:47 PM
EDGUY *
IRON MAIDEN *
PRIMAL FEAR *
STRATOVARIUS *
W.A.S.P. *

:drool:
I've seen all these bands, actually aside from Primal Fear I've seen them all multiple times, but still, niiice.

On the subject of a Maiden tour: I don't want support. It actually annoys me that Maiden always has support. They're of the magnitude where they don't need it - it's not drawing anyone new, it typically just pisses off their fans.

es156
12-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Maiden/Alice Cooper US tour

No.

Div
12-19-2009, 03:28 PM
No.

:lol:

Butcher of Birth
12-19-2009, 03:32 PM
A start of Summer tour in the states would be awesome. See them twice maybe :)

ravenheart
12-19-2009, 04:11 PM
On the subject of a Maiden tour: I don't want support. It actually annoys me that Maiden always has support. They're of the magnitude where they don't need it - it's not drawing anyone new, it typically just pisses off their fans.

You're referring, presumably, to those horrible support bills Maiden always put together in the States, yes? Motorhead, Dio, Queensryche, Halford, that kind of thing?

Tell it to Europe :finger: They at least got it right in North America a few times.

I'm not counting the Somerwhere Back In Time tour. We all had to put up with Lauren Harris the World over.

We all suffered on the Matter of Life And Death tour too. BFMV for you, Trivium for us.

Everyone should have support bands, regardless of size. However, the point with bands like Maiden is they're so big, they should have shit hot support bills all over the World. The annoying thing is they keep trying to tap trendy young bands when really they could have anyone from Slayer down. They should be bringing major bands with them.

Maiden33
12-19-2009, 04:21 PM
You're referring, presumably, to those horrible support bills Maiden always put together in the States, yes? Motorhead, Dio, Queensryche, Halford, that kind of thing?

Well unfortunately I've never seen any of the bills where they actually "got it right", though I'm not even sure that's true for Queensryche - they were on the Q2K tour...

Regarding Maiden having real support: Saxon. It needs to happen.

davidis138
12-19-2009, 05:53 PM
They should be bringing major bands with them.

I concur :horns:

SomewhereInTime72
12-19-2009, 06:50 PM
@ravenheart While they have had a few good openers, Maiden's last good support in North America was in 2004 (dance of death), when Arch Enemy opened. We haven't gotten anything good in terms of support in over 5 years either. I think we're both allowed to be upset. :tongue:

mankvill
12-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Iron Maiden/iwrestledabearonce US Tour 2k10

JuuKun
12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Regarding Maiden having real support: Saxon. It needs to happen.

THAT WOULD RULE!

es156
12-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Iron Maiden/iwrestledabearonce US Tour 2k10

Don't make me banish you.

:hmm:

mankvill
12-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Don't make me banish you.

:hmm:

:bawling: SPARE ME!

Maiden33
12-19-2009, 07:36 PM
THAT WOULD RULE!

Yes it would, and I think it's nearly the only shot Maiden have at getting a GREAT and deserving band some exposure (particularly if it's in America), while having almost the entire audience really enjoy the set.

es156
12-19-2009, 07:37 PM
:bawling: SPARE ME!

Penance may be required....

:dgrin:

DethMaiden
12-19-2009, 08:22 PM
I'd like to see Maiden do an Evening With set like Rush, but I suspect the way they run around the stage, that would be impossible. If there has to be support, I think Arch Enemy or Amon Amarth would make sense - bring in some new school people while ultimately keeping a band that sounds like Iron Maiden on the bill - or a member of the second tier of American thrash (Overkill, Testament, Exodus, Death Angel, whatever).

IrritatedTrout
12-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Blind Guardian or Gamma Ray would make a good opener. Hell, let Blaze open the show, now that would really be great.

Maiden33
12-19-2009, 08:39 PM
I'd like to see Maiden do an Evening With set like Rush, but I suspect the way they run around the stage, that would be impossible. If there has to be support, I think Arch Enemy or Amon Amarth would make sense - bring in some new school people while ultimately keeping a band that sounds like Iron Maiden on the bill - or a member of the second tier of American thrash (Overkill, Testament, Exodus, Death Angel, whatever).

God, no. These bands aren't anymore appropriate than the shit we've been getting, the only difference is that they're acceptable to "Metal" people. Do you, honestly, think the average Maiden fan likes or would even be open to accepting bands likes Arch Enemy or Amon Amarth? I saw AE open in NYC in '04, the majority of the crowd seemed as unpleasant as when lauren Harris opened last year.

Maiden33
12-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Blind Guardian or Gamma Ray would make a good opener. Hell, let Blaze open the show, now that would really be great.

Blind Guardian? Eh. As much as I'd love it, Blind Guardian are certainly not for everyone, and definitely not near the moderate classic metal spectrum. Gamma Ray on the other hand would work well I think. Hell, they did open for Maiden in Europe in 2003 I believe.

Blaze? Hell yes. Stylistically it would be a great fit, and I honestly think it would change a lot of people's minds about Blaze, for the better.

DethMaiden
12-19-2009, 08:59 PM
God, no. These bands aren't anymore appropriate than the shit we've been getting, the only difference is that they're acceptable to "Metal" people. Do you, honestly, think the average Maiden fan likes or would even be open to accepting bands likes Arch Enemy or Amon Amarth? I saw AE open in NYC in '04, the majority of the crowd seemed as unpleasant as when lauren Harris opened last year.

Eh, I'm sticking to my guns on this one. The best fit to please the most fans would be Priest or Sabbath - not going to happen. Next best fit would be any member of the Big Four, and I doubt if any of them would be willing to take an opening spot (except maybe Megadeth and Anthrax, but Anthrax probably won't have their shit together to tour anyway, and Megadave's personality makes me think opening for Maiden is a maybe at best). For me, the next best thing to do is bring in a retro thrash band who is actually from the 80s that deserves the exposure, or a melodic death metal band who borrow heavily from the Maiden playbook, Arch Enemy and Amon Amarth being the two biggest examples of this. Honestly, something like an Iron Maiden - Overkill - Amon Amarth bill would bring in an unbelievable amount of people and I think most of the crowd would like at least two-thirds of it.

Maiden33
12-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Eh, I'm sticking to my guns on this one. The best fit to please the most fans would be Priest or Sabbath - not going to happen. Next best fit would be any member of the Big Four, and I doubt if any of them would be willing to take an opening spot (except maybe Megadeth and Anthrax, but Anthrax probably won't have their shit together to tour anyway, and Megadave's personality makes me think opening for Maiden is a maybe at best). For me, the next best thing to do is bring in a retro thrash band who is actually from the 80s that deserves the exposure, or a melodic death metal band who borrow heavily from the Maiden playbook, Arch Enemy and Amon Amarth being the two biggest examples of this. Honestly, something like an Iron Maiden - Overkill - Amon Amarth bill would bring in an unbelievable amount of people and I think most of the crowd would like at least two-thirds of it.

Sorry dude, you're wrong. I don't like to say that very much, or use that word, but you are. I think you need to think a little bit about the types of people who actually go to see Maiden. Yes, there are lots of kids who are into "kid metal", both good and bad, but a lot of Maiden's fan base are old guys who are into "classic metal", so to speak. I said, I actually SAW Arch Enemy open for Maiden, and the majority of the audience HATED it. If that doesn't make a strong enough case for my argument, nothing ever will. The thrash concept is a helluva lot closer to accuracy than melodeath, but I still think it's missing the point.
The point is that there are great bands out there that play Maiden's general style of music that would gladly open for them and are deserving of the exposure. More bands play "classic metal" than Maiden, Priest, and Sabbath.
And there's no need to even bring "but it would bring more people" into the argument, because it's irrelevant. When Maiden starts to have trouble not only filling, but selling out venues in this, or any country, draw-factor can start to be considered for picking support bands.

SomewhereInTime72
12-19-2009, 09:29 PM
^I don't know where you were standing man, but most people I saw really dug Arch Enemy (they have so much Maiden in their sound that it's pretty natural), and those that weren't into it didn't seem to detest it at the very least...

But yeah, Maiden don't need to openers to bring more people in. Lauren Harris opens and they sell out big places.

b1indedbyfear
12-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Every time I have seen them nobody cared about the openers. Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium (alright response I guess), and Lauren Harris.

Wish I had seen Arch Enemy with them.

Butcher of Birth
12-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Iron Maiden/Dragonforce ;) hahah

DethMaiden
12-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry dude, you're wrong. I don't like to say that very much, or use that word, but you are. I think you need to think a little bit about the types of people who actually go to see Maiden. Yes, there are lots of kids who are into "kid metal", both good and bad, but a lot of Maiden's fan base are old guys who are into "classic metal", so to speak. I said, I actually SAW Arch Enemy open for Maiden, and the majority of the audience HATED it. If that doesn't make a strong enough case for my argument, nothing ever will. The thrash concept is a helluva lot closer to accuracy than melodeath, but I still think it's missing the point.
The point is that there are great bands out there that play Maiden's general style of music that would gladly open for them and are deserving of the exposure. More bands play "classic metal" than Maiden, Priest, and Sabbath.
And there's no need to even bring "but it would bring more people" into the argument, because it's irrelevant. When Maiden starts to have trouble not only filling, but selling out venues in this, or any country, draw-factor can start to be considered for picking support bands.

Well obviously they don't NEED support bands to draw people, I thought we were kind of playing the "even though they don't need support, these would make sense" game. I don't think I'm wrong, because I don't think my personal opinion of what a sensible bill would be can be wrong. I stand behind everything I said.

Div
12-19-2009, 10:51 PM
i think manowar would be a great opener

mankvill
12-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Iced Earth

SomewhereInTime72
12-19-2009, 11:45 PM
iron maiden

Butcher of Birth
12-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Why not have Bruce open?

Maiden33
12-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Why not have Bruce open?

Probably because Bruce's voice can't even really handle a two hour Maiden set each night, let alone a solo one on top of it.

SomewhereInTime72
12-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I definitely prefer Bruce to be alive.

Maiden33
12-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I definitely prefer Bruce to be alive.

Frankly I'd rather see Bruce do a solo tour than see Maiden again. Hell, I'd probably trade 2 or 3 Maiden tours for a Bruce one.

SomewhereInTime72
12-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Frankly I'd rather see Bruce do a solo tour than see Maiden again. Hell, I'd probably trade 2 or 3 Maiden tours for a Bruce one.

As much as I would love to see Bruce live, I don't think I'd ever trade Maiden for... anyone.

Maybe if some other band that never comes around opened for Bruce, like Pain of Salvation... even then... I dunno :hmm:.

DethMaiden
12-20-2009, 10:37 AM
This is an unfair game. I wouldn't give up Maiden for anything, but a Bruce tour would push my life thus far from "great" to "perfect" :eyes:

Maiden33
12-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Again, I guess my love of Maiden plays differently for me than it does for some of you.

Maiden are without a doubt my favorite band, but you bet your sweet ass that if a Maiden tour conflicted with dates of a band I happen to love and have never seen and may never see again, I'm choosing that band over Maiden. Though I technically prefer Maiden, I'd kick their ass to the curb in a heartbeat for a chance to see Savatage, Evergrey, or probably a couple other bands. Not only have I seen them 4 times, but until further notice, there are definitely more chances on the way. So given these circumstances, I would easily trade a Maiden tour for a Bruce solo tour because I'm sure the Bruce tour would play much smaller venues, and I have more shots at seeing Maiden, whereas the final ship may have already sailed on Bruce's solo career.

IrritatedTrout
02-04-2010, 09:23 AM
A seemingly reliable source on the IMBB claims Maiden wil be playing the Bay area this summer. Tickets are supposed to go on sale in mid-March. So, I'd imagine US dates should be announced around the first week of March as the boys usually only give us a week's notice before ticket sales start.

Again, this is just a rumor but still.:rocker:

powerslave_85
02-04-2010, 09:38 AM
Ooooh, that would be a great excuse for me to go back to San Fran.

DethMaiden
02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Goddammit, I'm not going to be able to afford a ticket in mid-March because I'm buying my TSO ticket next week and my American Carnage ticket in March. Am I willing to carry a balance on my credit card, something I've never done, to see Iron Maiden?

Probably.

Fe Maiden
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Am I willing to carry a balance on my credit card, something I've never done?

Probably.Why not? It's a very American thing to do!:D

ADD
02-04-2010, 11:50 AM
:agree:

idrinkwine732
02-04-2010, 12:29 PM
A seemingly reliable source on the IMBB claims Maiden wil be playing the Bay area this summer. Tickets are supposed to go on sale in mid-March. So, I'd imagine US dates should be announced around the first week of March as the boys usually only give us a week's notice before ticket sales start.

Again, this is just a rumor but still.:rocker:

THE SF BAY AREA??????????????????

I'm there.

DethMaiden
02-04-2010, 12:30 PM
MY BAY AREA??????????????????

Nope, Hudson Bay Area. Better luck next time.

mankvill
02-04-2010, 12:39 PM

Kansas City Bay Area FUCK YES!!!#!@

Maiden33
02-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Goddammit, I'm not going to be able to afford a ticket in mid-March because I'm buying my TSO ticket next week and my American Carnage ticket in March. Am I willing to carry a balance on my credit card, something I've never done, to see Iron Maiden?

Probably.

Yeah, this is god damn unfortunate. Due to what's gone down in the last couple of weeks, I'd actually rather this tour not happen this summer, because I am going to have to bust my ass and then some to afford it. Actually, there's no way I can afford it, it just means I'm going to have to go into all sorts of debt. If you go though, you know the drill, my door's open as we've discussed.

rjturtle9
02-04-2010, 02:01 PM
I wanna see another maiden tour :party:

TonyD
02-04-2010, 02:04 PM
I'll be there, assuming the tour this summer means the new album won't be out yet and they will actually be playing old shit.

idrinkwine732
02-04-2010, 02:47 PM

This shit has happened before.

Maiden33
02-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I'll be there, assuming the tour this summer means the new album won't be out yet and they will actually be playing old shit.

For that comment, I hope they do tons of newer material. :D

But they won't, unfortunately. Not that I don't want old stuff - I just know that old stuff is probably gonna mean more of the same songs they do all the time. If they decided to break out stuff like Die With Your Boots On, Phantom of the Opera, 22 Acacia Avenue, etc. I'd be MORE than down for an older song-driven set. I just know it's gonna mean the typical hits (NOTB, RTTH, Hallowed, FOTD, Iron Maiden, The Trooper) + the less typical hits (2 Minutes to Midnight, The Evil That Men Do, Wrathchild) and maybe a couple of other songs. At least if they do a tour with a lot of stuff from the 90's and reunion, I KNOW I'm gonna see a bunch of stuff I've never seen, or at least only seen once before.

But nevertheless, I do appreciate your attitude to an extent. Better you not go to see album tours than be one of those morons who pays money to complain about them playing "too much new stuff" (ie 6 songs off a new album in a 17 songs set on an album tour).

TonyD
02-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Yup.

idrinkwine732
02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
I just want to see them...

rjturtle9
02-04-2010, 08:27 PM
For that comment, I hope they do tons of newer material. :D

But they won't, unfortunately. Not that I don't want old stuff - I just know that old stuff is probably gonna mean more of the same songs they do all the time. If they decided to break out stuff like Die With Your Boots On, Phantom of the Opera, 22 Acacia Avenue, etc. I'd be MORE than down for an older song-driven set. I just know it's gonna mean the typical hits (NOTB, RTTH, Hallowed, FOTD, Iron Maiden, The Trooper) + the less typical hits (2 Minutes to Midnight, The Evil That Men Do, Wrathchild) and maybe a couple of other songs. At least if they do a tour with a lot of stuff from the 90's and reunion, I KNOW I'm gonna see a bunch of stuff I've never seen, or at least only seen once before.

But nevertheless, I do appreciate your attitude to an extent. Better you not go to see album tours than be one of those morons who pays money to complain about them playing "too much new stuff" (ie 6 songs off a new album in a 17 songs set on an album tour).

I just wanna see Paschendale and Wicker man Live. all other new tracks i can replace with older material

Maiden33
02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I just wanna see Paschendale and Wicker man Live. all other new tracks i can replace with older material

Fortunately I'm in the small percentage of US folk who can say they did see Paschendale live. All things considered, I should count my lucky stars that I've seen 2 album tours and a total of 18 post-Fear of the Dark songs live (all of Amolad, 6 from DOD, Brave New World, and lord of the Flies), but the bottom line for me is that I'm always looking for change - I like to see a fresh and exciting show, and for Maiden, that means avoiding the 9 songs of doom* and making the most out of the rest of the set. I'm not saying I don't like those 9 songs, I would just rather see songs I like the same amount or more (or even less, just for the sake of variety), than see them again. Either that or I'd just prefer the band be as creative as possible with the other available spots in the set.

By the way the "9 Songs of Doom" I refer to are as follows:
-Number of the Beast
-Run to the Hills
-Hallowed Be Thy Name
-The Trooper
-Fear of the Dark
-Wrathchild
-2 Minutes to Midnight
-Can I Play With Madness
-The Evil That Men Do (actually only seen this once, wouldn't mind seeing it again)

I don't count "Iron Maiden", because obviously that's gonna be in every single set, so no sense in commenting.

rjturtle9
02-04-2010, 09:10 PM
By the way the "9 Songs of Doom" I refer to are as follows:
-Number of the Beast
-Run to the Hills
-Hallowed Be Thy Name
-The Trooper
-Fear of the Dark
-Wrathchild
-2 Minutes to Midnight
-Can I Play With Madness
-The Evil That Men Do (actually only seen this once, wouldn't mind seeing it again)

I don't count "Iron Maiden", because obviously that's gonna be in every single set, so no sense in commenting.

those are the only songs i wanna hear from that list. The first two also, but if they're not there i can care less.

powerslave_85
02-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't count "Iron Maiden", because obviously that's gonna be in every single set, so no sense in commenting.Uh, couldn't you say the same about Hallowed, Trooper, Run To the Hills, and...almost all of the other "songs of doom?"

idrinkwine732
02-04-2010, 09:13 PM
This would be my first time seeing Maiden, so I think some songs have to be in there, like Number, Trooper, Hallowed and Run to the Hills. I would be a bit bummed if I didn't see those...

SomewhereInTime72
02-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Uh, couldn't you say the same about Hallowed, Trooper, Run To the Hills, and...almost all of the other "songs of doom?"

All of them aside from Hallowed were given a break for one reason or another semi-recently, though.

Maiden33
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Uh, couldn't you say the same about Hallowed, Trooper, Run To the Hills, and...almost all of the other "songs of doom?"

Nope. I'll give you Hallowed and Fear of the Dark, because they are the only other 2 songs aside from Iron Maiden than have NEVER been dropped from a set list since they came in for the first time (aside from FOTD on The Early Days Tour). Every other song I listed has sat out at least one tour in the past. Hell, I think people today often forget that the band didn't play Run to the Hills and The Trooper on a lot of old tours - they've only picked up that "essential" "nostalgia" effect in the past 10 years.

mankvill
02-04-2010, 09:55 PM
1. The Wicker Man
2. Murders In The Rue Morgue
3. Revelations
4. Blood Brothers
5. The Prisoner
6. The Trooper
7. 2 Minutes To Midnight
8. Paschendale
9. Fear Of The Dark
10. The Number Of The Beast
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. Wasted Years
13. Iron Maiden
---
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Aces High
16. Phantom Of The Opera

cmoooon

Maiden33
02-04-2010, 10:15 PM
1. The Wicker Man
2. Murders In The Rue Morgue
3. Revelations
4. Blood Brothers
5. The Prisoner
6. The Trooper
7. 2 Minutes To Midnight
8. Paschendale
9. Fear Of The Dark
10. The Number Of The Beast
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. Wasted Years
13. Iron Maiden
---
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Aces High
16. Phantom Of The Opera

cmoooon

I think someone needs a lesson in Maiden song-order. I think this would work about 100x better using the exact same songs:

01.The Wicker Man
02.2 Minutes to Midnight
03.The Evil that Men Do
04.Revelations
05.The Trooper
06.Blood Brothers
07.Murders in the Rue Morgue
08.Wasted Years
09.Number of the Beast
10.The Prisoner
11.Paschendale
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Aces High
15.Phantom of the Opera
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

Would work much better, me thinks.

mankvill
02-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I think someone needs a lesson in Maiden song-order. I think this would work about 100x better using the exact same songs:

01.The Wicker Man
02.2 Minutes to Midnight
03.The Evil that Men Do
04.Revelations
05.The Trooper
06.Blood Brothers
07.Murders in the Rue Morgue
08.Wasted Years
09.Number of the Beast
10.The Prisoner
11.Paschendale
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Aces High
15.Phantom of the Opera
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

Would work much better, me thinks.

I don't want Hallowed to be last. I love the song, but I don't want the concert to end with it. :(

And I think Wicker Man would totally segue right into the fast part of Rue Morgue!

SomewhereInTime72
02-04-2010, 10:17 PM
There's no way Bruce could sing Aces High after the first 5 songs. :tongue: :D

mankvill
02-04-2010, 10:22 PM
There's no way Bruce could sing Aces High after the first 5 songs. :tongue: :D

Maybe not in 1984!

Maiden33
02-04-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't want Hallowed to be last. I love the song, but I don't want the concert to end with it. :(

And I think Wicker Man would totally segue right into the fast part of Rue Morgue!

You've obviously never seen a show ended with Hallowed Be Thy Name. It was undeniably one of the best show closers I've ever seen. Even if it weren't, I think Phantom would be a terrible show closer.

Honestly, what I most want to see out of this tour is something like this:

01.The Wicker Man
02.The Evil That Men Do
03.Futureal
04.Killers
05.Die With Your Boots On
06.Wasted Years
07.Powerslave
08.Blood Brothers
09.Sign of the Cross
10.22 Acacia Avenue
11.The Trooper
12.Paschendale
13.Fear of the Dark
14.Iron Maiden
Encore:
15.Number of the Beast
16.Phantom of the Opera
17.Hallowed Be Thy Name

That was pretty much off the top of my head - I think that is honestly the perfect combination of some hits, some rarer older stuff, and some less-played 90s/Reunion stuff. I would be extremely content with a set like this. And honestly I think this is fairly realistic. It's not going to happen, but it's not ridiculous.

SomewhereInTime72
02-04-2010, 10:26 PM
You've obviously never seen a show ended with Hallowed Be Thy Name. It was undeniably one of the best show closers I've ever seen. Even if it weren't, I think Phantom would be a terrible show closer.

Honestly, what I most want to see out of this tour is something like this:

01.The Wicker Man
02.The Evil That Men Do
03.Futureal
04.Killers
06.Wasted Years
07.Powerslave
08.Blood Brothers
09.Sign of the Cross
10.22 Acacia Avenue
11.The Trooper
12.Paschendale
13.Fear of the Dark
14.Iron Maiden
Encore:
15.Number of the Beast
16.Phantom of the Opera
17.Hallowed Be Thy Name

That was pretty much off the top of my head - I think that is honestly the perfect combination of some hits, some rarer older stuff, and some less-played 90s/Reunion stuff. I would be extremely content with a set like this. And honestly I think this is fairly realistic. It's not going to happen, but it's not ridiculous.
Oh man, this would be awesome. Way to remind me how easily pleased I can be by Maiden. :D

rjturtle9
02-05-2010, 09:05 AM
01.The Wicker Man
02.The Evil That Men Do
03.Futureal
04.Killers
06.Wasted Years
07.Powerslave
08.Blood Brothers
09.Sign of the Cross
10.22 Acacia Avenue
11.The Trooper
12.Paschendale
13.Fear of the Dark
14.Iron Maiden
Encore:
15.Number of the Beast
16.Phantom of the Opera
17.Hallowed Be Thy Name

:drool:

mastodon421
02-05-2010, 10:09 AM
When Maiden tours again. This is the setlist i would love to see

1.2 Minutes To Midnight
2.Aces High
3.Moonchild
4.Prowler
5.The Wicker Man
6.Run To The Hills
7.Flash Of The Blade
8.Prodigal Son
9.Fear Of The Dark
10.Powerslave
11.Wrathchild
12.Die With Your Boots On
13.Where Eagles Dare
14.Iron Maiden
Encore
15.Wasted Years
16.Number Of The Beast
17.Hallowed Be Thy Name
18.The Trooper

Citatet
02-06-2010, 06:02 AM
Quite intresting that noone seems to want "Infinite Dreams" to be in the set. That song would be so great to hear live.

I actuelly think that this tour will contain one "new" song form the new album. The setlist will probably be like the "Give Me Ed" tour we had in Europe (US to?) in 2003. That setlist was the following:

1. Number of The Beast
2. The Trooper
3. Die With Your Boots on
4. Revelations
5. Hallowed Be Thy Name
6. 22 Acacia Avenue
7. Wildest Dreams (DoD was not yet released)
8. The Wicker Man
9. Brave New World
10. The Clansman
11. The Clairvoyant
12. Heaven Can Wait
13. Fear of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------
15. Bring Your Daughter
16. 2 Minutes To Midnight
17. Run To The Hills

I actually think the set will look a lot like this one. And it was truly a gret show (saw it twice in both Denmark and Germany)

JRA
02-06-2010, 06:13 AM
Quite intresting that noone seems to want "Infinite Dreams" to be in the set. That song would be so great to hear live.

I'd rather hear that than "The Clairvoyant."

rjturtle9
02-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Its funny how every time Maiden announces a new tour every has to start posting their dream setlists here :D

Maiden33
02-06-2010, 09:04 AM

Oh I want it, more than you can possibly imagine - I just know it's never going to happen. If they blew it off on the last tour, it's not coming back. It's one of my favorite Maiden songs.

My setlist wasn't a dream setlist - it was a combination of a few songs I'd really like to hear (that aren't impossible) with some hits and stuff I figure they'll probably do. It was basically a fairly realistic "dream" setlist.

rjturtle9
02-06-2010, 09:44 AM
My setlist wasn't a dream setlist - it was a combination of a few songs I'd really like to hear (that aren't impossible) with some hits and stuff I figure they'll probably do. It was basically a fairly realistic "dream" setlist.

yeah thats what i mean

DethMaiden
02-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Ideally and realistically, I'd like to see:

-two Paul songs
-two Blaze songs
-8 songs from NOTB through SSOASS
-3 reunion songs
-Fear of the Dark

If they don't fuck up the selection, that could make for a killer set.

EDIT: Fear of the Dark is only like my fourth favorite song on FOTD, but I know that they'll never take it out of the set.

SomewhereInTime72
02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Ideally and realistically, I'd like to see:

-two Paul songs
-two Blaze songs
-8 songs from NOTB through SSOASS
-3 reunion songs
-Fear of the Dark

If they don't fuck up the selection, that could make for a killer set.

EDIT: Fear of the Dark is only like my fourth favorite song on FOTD, but I know that they'll never take it out of the set.

FOTD is MUCH better live than on album, anyway. Though, it would be nice to hear Be Quick or Be Dead some time...

DethMaiden
02-06-2010, 09:56 AM
FOTD is MUCH better live than on album, anyway. Though, it would be nice to hear Be Quick or Be Dead some time...

Yeah, or Wasting Love or Chains of Misery or Judas Be My Guide, but whatever. It's not like FOTD sucks or anything. :lol:

Although I did think it was really stupid to do it on SBIT while doing nothing from Killers.

IrritatedTrout
02-06-2010, 10:01 AM

That was the first Maiden song I ever heard, I still remember exactly how it made me feel. Amazing.:light: My life would be complete if I got to see them play it.

rjturtle9
02-06-2010, 10:15 AM
FOTD is MUCH better live than on album, anyway. Though, it would be nice to hear Afraid to Shoot Strangers some time...

Fixed ;)

SomewhereInTime72
02-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah, or Wasting Love or Chains of Misery or Judas Be My Guide, but whatever. It's not like FOTD sucks or anything. :lol:

Although I did think it was really stupid to do it on SBIT while doing nothing from Killers.

Fuck Killers, how about the fact that they did only 2 songs from SIT where the premise of the tour was mostly to focus on Powerslave-SSOASS. They should have at least played SIASL. :(

Maiden33
02-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Fuck Killers, how about the fact that they did only 2 songs from SIT where the premise of the tour was mostly to focus on Powerslave-SSOASS. They should have at least played SIASL. :(

Dead on. Couldn't agree more. :fist:

JRA
02-06-2010, 11:55 AM

Yea, even I have to agree that was bullshit. Fear of the Dark was exactly in the spot where Alexander The Great should have been. And even though I like the song, Revelations shouldn't have been there either. They easily could have played SIASL instead of that.

ACES HIGH
2 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
THE TROOPER
STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND
WASTED YEARS
THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST
CAN I PLAY WITH MADNESS
RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER
POWERSLAVE
HEAVEN CAN WAIT
RUN TO THE HILLS
ALEXANDER THE GREAT
IRON MAIDEN
====================
MOONCHILD
THE CLAIRVOYANT
HALLOWED BE THY NAME

Looks reasonable to me

ADD
02-06-2010, 12:35 PM
:rolleyes: Aces, Rime, Powerslave, Revelations, Moonchild, all in the same show, and your still complaining 2 years later.

rjturtle9
02-06-2010, 12:53 PM
:rolleyes: Aces, Rime, Powerslave, Revelations, Moonchild, all in the same show, and your still complaining 2 years later.

:light:

SomewhereInTime72
02-06-2010, 01:40 PM

As if any of us think it wasn't a fantastic show despite our tiny gripes...

SomewhereInTime72
02-06-2010, 01:56 PM
I think they could easily do something like this, to keep it interesting while sticking to the 'classics' for a summer tour.

Murders in the Rue Morgue
Aces High
The Wicker Man
Revelations
Number of the Beast
The Prisoner
Stranger in a Strange Land
The Trooper
Out of the Silent Planet
Fear of the Dark
Futureal
Phantom of the Opera
Iron Maiden

The Evil That Men Do
2 Minutes to Midnight
Hallowed Be Thy Name

Maiden33
02-06-2010, 02:53 PM

Exactly. Both shows I saw were two of the best I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean that

A) There wasn't room for improvement

and

B) I should just "shut my mouth and be content". I hate people that think like that. Just because I enjoy something doesn't mean I can't find fault in it, and the reverse.

ADD
02-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Just because I enjoy something doesn't mean I can't find fault in it

What good is pointing out the faults in something you enjoy? Doesn't that diminish your enjoyment of it? Obviously every single thing has its good and bad sides and all the shades in between, to put it very generally, thats just the nature of nature, so I still don't get it. And there's ALWAYS room for improvement in anything. Using the Maiden example, say if they played all your favorite songs in a gig but left out Alexander the Great, that's room for improvement and you'd be equally as justified in your complaining in that case as you are now.

SomewhereInTime72
02-06-2010, 03:33 PM
What good is pointing out the faults in something you enjoy? Doesn't that diminish your enjoyment of it?

nope

ADD
02-06-2010, 03:35 PM
nope
Aite, my bad.

JRA
02-06-2010, 04:01 PM

as well as Heaven Can Wait still being in the set 20 years too long. :nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick::nutkick:

The first time I saw Maiden, I loved it. Doesn't mean I didn't wish I got Heaven Can Wait and 2 Minutes to Midnight.

xStructualDefect
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
What good is pointing out the faults in something you enjoy? Doesn't that diminish your enjoyment of it? Obviously every single thing has its good and bad sides and all the shades in between, to put it very generally, thats just the nature of nature, so I still don't get it. And there's ALWAYS room for improvement in anything.

exaactly. when i come back from a show i don't point out the things that need improvement and complain about it. some things about the show that could be an inprovement may cross my mind but i won't complain about it if it was a really good show. i got to a show to have a good fun time. i pay for concerts to have fun, not to judge and point the improvements it could've had.

unless of course, the show was bad, or there were a lot of negative things about the show, then pointing out things that need improvement is understandable. but to pointing out things that could've used improvement to something that is reaally good already, i see no point in that.

Maiden33
02-08-2010, 04:49 PM
exaactly. when i come back from a show i don't point out the things that need improvement and complain about it. some things about the show that could be an inprovement may cross my mind but i won't complain about it if it was a really good show. i got to a show to have a good fun time. i pay for concerts to have fun, not to judge and point the improvements it could've had.

unless of course, the show was bad, or there were a lot of negative things about the show, then pointing out things that need improvement is understandable. but to pointing out things that could've used improvement to something that is reaally good already, i see no point in that.

I don't come back from a show complaining. God, you people love to exaggerate. There's a HUGE difference between enjoying a show but continuing to harp on it for every little thing that could've been better, thus distorting your perception of it - and what some of us are doing. I am a huge Maiden nut - I love to analyze and discuss all sorts of statistics and facts about their songs and career in general - it's just how I am. Just because I am having a discussion about what I personally thought could have been better about the past and what I hope for the future - doesn't in ANY way mean it wasn't one of (if not THE) best shows I've ever been to, and I have nothing but fond memories of the experience.

Get over it.

mankvill
02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't come back from a show complaining. God, you people love to exaggerate. There's a HUGE difference between enjoying a show but continuing to harp on it for every little thing that could've been better, thus distorting your perception of it - and what some of us are doing. I am a huge Maiden nut - I love to analyze and discuss all sorts of statistics and facts about their songs and career in general - it's just how I am. Just because I am having a discussion about what I personally thought could have been better about the past and what I hope for the future - doesn't in ANY way mean it wasn't one of (if not THE) best shows I've ever been to, and I have nothing but fond memories of the experience.

Get over it.

Wrathchild > Moonchild

xStructualDefect
02-08-2010, 05:30 PM

Get over it.

okay complain wasn't the right word, but i meant was i don't know why when people come back from an amazing show and point out every little thing that needed improvement. personally i never do that cause i'm satisfied with a show easily and i feel like it sort of ruins a concert experience pointing out things that need improvement. but if you like doing that then more power to you.

SomewhereInTime72
02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Wrathchild > Moonchild

gtfo

TonyD
02-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Wrathchild > Moonchild

srsly

Maiden33
02-08-2010, 08:58 PM
okay complain wasn't the right word, but i meant was i don't know why when people come back from an amazing show and point out every little thing that needed improvement. personally i never do that cause i'm satisfied with a show easily and i feel like it sort of ruins a concert experience pointing out things that need improvement. but if you like doing that then more power to you.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8479&highlight=Iron+Maiden+Camden

That is the thread I posted the day after I saw Maiden the last time, which was my second of two shows on the SBIT tour. In that thread you will find very little complaining or negativity in general. I don't let my opinions on what could have been ruin my reflections of a great experience. But I do enjoy voicing my opinion about them.

In my opinion, set list should not effect your actual opinion of a show. Granted, a show can be better or worse depending on the set list - but if you walk out of a show you really enjoyed going: "God damn it, that was a disappointment, why didn't they play ________, _________, and ________", you are a moron. That's why I always like to know a set list in advance - so I can come to terms with the ins and outs of it long before the show - so I can enjoy the show for what it is. That doesn't mean I can't post reflections of how I feel about the song selection.

I saw Primal Fear this past September - I thought the set list kinda sucked but it was easily one of the best shows I've ever been. Do I hope they do different songs this May? Sure. Will I like the show less if they don't? No. Will I still make comments either way? You bet your ass.

zgodt
02-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Diving in late, not to weigh in on the main debate, but to address two side issues.

(A) Re: does complaining lessen your enjoyment? I think the things I love most in this world are those things I love in spite of their faults, rather than the things with which I have found no fault.

(B) There is no song from the Fear of the Dark album that has ever deserved or will ever deserve a spot in their live show. Period.

Maiden33
02-08-2010, 10:27 PM
(B) There is no song from the Fear of the Dark album that has ever deserved or will ever deserve a spot in their live show. Period.

Judas Be My Guide is one of my dozen or so favorite Maiden songs, period. I think it is a pretty much flawless song, and I honestly think if the band had ever been smart enough to play it live (instead of tripe like From Here to Eternity), it might have actually stuck around for a while.

xStructualDefect
02-09-2010, 06:23 AM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8479&highlight=Iron+Maiden+Camden

That is the thread I posted the day after I saw Maiden the last time, which was my second of two shows on the SBIT tour. In that thread you will find very little complaining or negativity in general. I don't let my opinions on what could have been ruin my reflections of a great experience. But I do enjoy voicing my opinion about them.

In my opinion, set list should not effect your actual opinion of a show. Granted, a show can be better or worse depending on the set list - but if you walk out of a show you really enjoyed going: "God damn it, that was a disappointment, why didn't they play ________, _________, and ________", you are a moron. That's why I always like to know a set list in advance - so I can come to terms with the ins and outs of it long before the show - so I can enjoy the show for what it is. That doesn't mean I can't post reflections of how I feel about the song selection.

I saw Primal Fear this past September - I thought the set list kinda sucked but it was easily one of the best shows I've ever been. Do I hope they do different songs this May? Sure. Will I like the show less if they don't? No. Will I still make comments either way? You bet your ass.

ahhh my mistake then. and definently agreed about how a setlist shouldn't effect an opinion of a show. i thought you were one of those people that came out of a show and ONLY pointed out things that needed improvement instead of talking about how great the show was. because i noticed that a lot of people actually do that when reviewing a concert. but looks like you don't do that so my mistake then.

that was a great review. hmm as a person who's not really a Maiden fan but does enjoy some songs, i should really see them before they call it a day.

IrritatedTrout
02-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Judas Be My Guide is one of my dozen or so favorite Maiden songs, period. I think it is a pretty much flawless song, and I honestly think if the band had ever been smart enough to play it live (instead of tripe like From Here to Eternity), it might have actually stuck around for a while.

I was gonna say Judas right after I read his post, ya beat me to it.:blaze:

rjturtle9
02-09-2010, 09:36 AM
i should really see them before they call it a day.

they call it a day after every show haha