PDA

View Full Version : Primal Fear tour announcement

andrew_metalhead
12-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Primal Fear will return to the US for a short tour , following up their highly successful select dates that took place late summer 2009
The dates , which go onsale today through Enterthevault.com exclusively AND will include a special VIP meet and greet ticket which not only gains the ticket holder 60 minute early entry but also includes a very special pre show meet and greet and an autographed customized poster Vip tickets will be limited to 50 per show
Support on the tour comes from Luna Mortis with Special guest Redemption on the Los Angeles and Santa Ana

Primal Fear
May
20 NYC, NY Grammercy
21 Springfield , VA Jaxx
22 Worcester , MASS The Palladium
23 Quebec City , Que Imperial
24 Toronto, ON Opera House
26 Cleveland , OH Peabodys
27 Detroit, MI Blondies
28 Louisville, KY Phoenix Hill Tavern
29 MiIwaukee, WI The Rave
30 St Paul , MN Station 4
June
1 Denver , CO Bluebird Theater
3 Seattle, WA El Corazon
4 Portland, OR PEters Room
5 SF, CA SLims
6 Santa Ana , Ca Galaxy Theatre
8 LA , CA House of Blues
9 Mesa , AZ U.B.'s
10 Tucson, AZ The Rock
12 Houston, TX Meridian
13 Austin, TX Emos

MPF
12-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Seen these guys on Labor Day at Station4, would love to see them again.

Maiden33
12-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Lucky California fuckers getting Redemption. Well, at least the NYC show is opening night, sure to be an amazing show, hoping for a somewhat altered setlist this time (maybe more Seven Seals material). I think I might just get sucked into buying VIP tickets. Maybe.

andrew_metalhead
12-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Lucky California fuckers getting Redemption. Well, at least the NYC show is opening night, sure to be an amazing show, hoping for a somewhat altered setlist this time (maybe more Seven Seals material). I think I might just get sucked into buying VIP tickets. Maybe.

Yup. Missed the last time they were in LA because it clashed with the AC/DC show.

JuuKun
12-03-2009, 12:03 PM
YES!

May 22 Worcester , MASS The Palladium

!!!

:rocker: They better play Armageddon this time around.

Davemeistro
12-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Seen these guys on Labor Day at Station4, would love to see them again.

Gah, I missed that... How was Atheist?

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Looks like I'm going to the city show, finals for me end the 14th :fist:

es156
12-03-2009, 05:37 PM
This totally sucks. How could they skip Chicago on both tours? What a drag.

:bouville:

MPF
12-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Gah, I missed that... How was Atheist?

Both Atheist and Gnostic (Steve Flynn's other band) were kick ass. Back when I got into Atheist 6 years ago I never would have imagined that I would be seeing Atheist live. It was incredible. The guy next to me got their setlist but did Manage to grab Chris Baker's guitar pick and the setlist for Novembers Doom (who were fucking amazing live).

Kelly Shaefer did say that their new album would be out Spring 2010 and they already had book a date at Station 4 for their headlining North American tour. I'm totally there.

Maiden33
12-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Frankly this is kind of an oddly routed tour to begin with. They skipped a lot of areas that usually get hit on a tour with this many dates, but they played many that usually get skipped. Either they're making a few considerable mistakes or they know something most bands don't. Who knows. Fortunately I'll be attending one of the few shows that is pretty much assured a full house and, if this year's performance is remotely repeated, an incredible show.

Davemeistro
12-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Both Atheist and Gnostic (Steve Flynn's other band) were kick ass. Back when I got into Atheist 6 years ago I never would have imagined that I would be seeing Atheist live. It was incredible. The guy next to me got their setlist but did Manage to grab Chris Baker's guitar pick and the setlist for Novembers Doom (who were fucking amazing live).

Kelly Shaefer did say that their new album would be out Spring 2010 and they already had book a date at Station 4 for their headlining North American tour. I'm totally there.

Oh sweet lady christ, thats such good news. I thought for sure I would never get the chance to see them again.

BTW, I had no idea that Novembers Doom was slated to play... I feel like a bigger piece of shit now, lol...

MPF
12-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh sweet lady christ, thats such good news. I thought for sure I would never get the chance to see them again.

BTW, I had no idea that Novembers Doom was slated to play... I feel like a bigger piece of shit now, lol...

The main bands were:

Primal Fear
Atheist
Novembers Doom
Destroy Destroy Destroy
Gnostic

It was the best Metal show I ever went to. Although I paid the price. I was staning at the gard rail from 3pm to almost midnight with out sitting down. It sucked, but it was worth it standing in front of some of my favorite bands.

Davemeistro
12-03-2009, 09:02 PM
The main bands were:

Primal Fear
Atheist
Novembers Doom
Destroy Destroy Destroy
Gnostic

It was the best Metal show I ever went to. Although I paid the price. I was staning at the gard rail from 3pm to almost midnight with out sitting down. It sucked, but it was worth it standing in front of some of my favorite bands.

Yeah, I know what its like... I did the same thing during Flight of the Valkyries 3 but the lineup was no where close to being as great as that...

JuuKun
03-01-2010, 12:03 PM
So, some news from a Primal Fear blog (here (http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=230513702&blogId=530006066)) It's got a lot of info about related projects, their upcoming live DVD, and a bunch of other stuff, so check it out.

Tour related:
-Havok (http://www.myspace.com/havok) were added to the tour, to replace Luna Mortis, who have broken up.
-Pamela Moore will join Primal Fear for all dates.

This is going to be amazing. I think I'm more excited to see PF again than I am for just about every other show coming through in the next few months, though there are plenty of awesome ones headed my way.

Maiden33
03-01-2010, 12:20 PM
So, some news from a Primal Fear blog (here (http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=230513702&blogId=530006066)) It's got a lot of info about related projects, their upcoming live DVD, and a bunch of other stuff, so check it out.

Tour related:
-Havok (http://www.myspace.com/havok) were added to the tour, to replace Luna Mortis, who have broken up.
-Pamela Moore will join Primal Fear for all dates.

This is going to be amazing. I think I'm more excited to see PF again than I am for just about every other show coming through in the next few months, though there are plenty of awesome ones headed my way.

Shame with the opening band. I figured maybe they'd take this opportunity to get someone good, but I was foolish for getting my hopes up.

Nevertheless, this is going to be completely amazing. The show this past September was easily one of the best shows I've ever been to. Bring it on.

JuuKun
03-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Shame with the opening band. I figured maybe they'd take this opportunity to get someone good, but I was foolish for getting my hopes up.

Nevertheless, this is going to be completely amazing. The show this past September was easily one of the best shows I've ever been to. Bring it on.

Yeah, I got my hopes up that maybe they'd bring someone good along too. But, the blog says "HAVOK are already confirmed as the first support band," so maybe there's a chance that there will be someone else. I'm sure Primal Fear by themselves will be phenomenal, but I'd love for an awesome band in direct support.

Don't know who they could get, though. I think Manticora, Angra, or Falconer would be awesome to see (though I couldn't see any of them as being particularly likely choices). Krucible would be really great in a supporting slot, but I don't even know what the deal is with them or when the hell their debut is coming out.

EDIT: Also, Inmoria. But that's the delusional daydream of a Charles Rytkonen fan.

JuuKun
03-01-2010, 12:48 PM
FOR PEOPLE PLANNING ON ATTENDING THE WORCESTER CONCERT:

There was absolutely no official announcement of it, and Primal Fear's Myspace & official website tourdates still say that the show is at The Palladium in Worcester, but the show was removed from The Palladium's itinerary and you can't buy tickets from the Palladium's event page on MassConcerts (Though it's still listed). So I figured I would look into it, and checked EnterTheVault.

It's apparently been moved to Harper's Ferry in Allston, MA, and is now 18+ (Which I would be complaining about, but I turn 18 in two weeks).

Just letting you know.

Maiden33
03-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I actually hope there is no more support, barring the very unlikely chance that it's someone I actually really want to see. I don't want anything to drain my energy and enthusiasm for the amazing metal assault that is Primal Fear. That being said, I think White Wizzard should open.

mankvill
03-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Eh. Havok is alright. They're pretty low on the nu-thrash ladder for me (and totally weird opening up for Primal Fear) but they'd be fun to see.