PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- San Antonio, TX -- December 1st, 2009

bunghole
12-02-2009, 08:19 AM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/megadeth/2009/sunken-gardens-theater-san-antonio-tx-3d71d17.html

that's lame

dropped like 4 or 5 tunes. why keep trust? they'd better not do that shit tonight:mad:

SomewhereInTime72
12-02-2009, 10:19 AM
I hope that's an incomplete set or something, because that is short as fuck.

mankvill
12-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Yikes. No Hook In Mouth or Tornado of Souls, but they did throw back in Rattlehead and Mechanix. Yeah, I hope this doesn't happen to me on my date because we have a funky curfew. :snivel:

bunghole
12-02-2009, 01:43 PM
i read something about drover having some back pain

that ain't a medley is it? holy wars has to get played fully

mankvill
12-02-2009, 02:08 PM
i read something about drover having some back pain

that ain't a medley is it? holy wars has to get played fully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omQl2UT-OFY

I assume it'd be like that.

Butcher of Birth
12-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Official Set From The Forum (http://forums.megadeth.com/showthread.php?t=392932)

That is short, I feel bad, but it was most likely due to a curfew set by the venue.

Edit: From someone who went "Yeah they hit the stage about 9. Which means they only played for an hour cause of curfew bullshit. I was enjoying the show but at the same time I was disspointed when Dave announced thet had to cut short the setlist. What made up for it is when they suprised ne with Rattlehead and holy wars mechanix then punishment due."

Hope this sets the record straight

bunghole
12-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Official Set From The Forum (http://forums.megadeth.com/showthread.php?t=392932)

That is short, I feel bad, but it was most likely due to a curfew set by the venue.

Edit: From someone who went "Yeah they hit the stage about 9. Which means they only played for an hour cause of curfew bullshit. I was enjoying the show but at the same time I was disspointed when Dave announced thet had to cut short the setlist. What made up for it is when they suprised ne with Rattlehead and holy wars mechanix then punishment due."

awesome

no curfew shit in dallas

:party:

too bad they didn't have the other bands cut the set short

mankvill
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM

Our show has to be over by 11, but if they hit the stage at 9, it should be alright. Kick Suicide Silence off this fucking tour instead! :mad:

bunghole
12-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Our show has to be over by 11, but if they hit the stage at 9, it should be alright. Kick Suicide Silence off this fucking tour instead! :mad:

agreed. MH also

what a couple of shit bands

Vio-Lence:shred:

MH :tpaper:

mankvill
12-02-2009, 03:06 PM
agreed. MH also

what a couple of shit bands

Vio-Lence:shred:

My date is the first date with Warbringer instead of MH. :party:

toolfansat
12-02-2009, 03:38 PM
But I am seeing them with SLAYER in February!! :rocker:

bassmasta257
12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
But I am seeing them with SLAYER in February!! :rocker:

same here dude thats gonna be a fuckin amazing show, and WHY THE FUCK IS SUICIDE SILENCE ON THIS TOUR???

mankvill
12-02-2009, 04:40 PM
same here dude thats gonna be a fuckin amazing show, and WHY THE FUCK IS SUICIDE SILENCE ON THIS TOUR???

Scene kids are idiots and will buy tix to anything with a crappy deathcore band on the bill?

How else can you explain when I saw Obituary/Unleashed that Carnifex opened? :confused:

Travis The Dragon
12-02-2009, 06:16 PM

I'll be seeing that tour as well! While SS is playing, I'll be out in the hallway getting loaded on beer! :D

Butcher of Birth
12-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Guess Machine Head isn't well liked

BookOfThel78
12-02-2009, 07:08 PM
We basically got ripped off thanks to the weather and the venue. The concert should have just been rescheduled.

300%_Density
12-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I don't think I've ever said this but my condolences go to Texas right now. :D

Sanitarium78
12-02-2009, 08:09 PM
What kinda venue were they're playing in that they had such an early curfew? Don't they usually play larger clubs/concert halls and ballroom type of venues? I didn't think curfews were set that early at places like that. I know venues simliar to that where I live i've seen shows go past midnight a number of times. Too bad Megadeth isn't coming here at all like they did in 2007 they wouldn't have to worry about that at the venue they played here last time.

bt11763
12-02-2009, 08:59 PM

this does not register with my brain

bunghole
12-02-2009, 11:49 PM
at Dallas tonight they played the same set as the last week or so. they replaced hook in mouth with she-wolf

they finished at a little earlier than 11. the doors were at 6

Wrathchild_84
12-02-2009, 11:54 PM
at Dallas tonight they played the same set as the last week or so. they replaced hook in mouth with she-wolf

they finished at a little earlier than 11. the doors were at 6

I would have to say tonight was the worst 'Deth show I've ever seen. They played well but they didn't do a single obscure song, everything they played was either new or played out. I wish I just stayed home.

bunghole
12-03-2009, 12:25 AM
first megadeth show for me, so i liked it

at least the 5 new ones they played were good.

too bad we didn't get first show of the tour, that was a great setlist

Fires Of Sedition
12-03-2009, 01:01 AM

Old Machine Head, yes.

Through The Ashes Of Empires and The Blackening Machine Head, not at all.

Dimebag_Rusty
12-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Old Machine Head, yes.

Through The Ashes Of Empires and The Blackening Machine Head, not at all.

The Blackening is such a good album though!

idrinkwine732
12-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Don't forget Burn My Eyes.

mankvill
12-03-2009, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD26H-YyxtI

totally metal

bunghole
12-03-2009, 05:16 PM

totally metal

even the new stuff was awful

the best tune they played was fucking hostile, and i'm not a pantera fan at all.
and that's what they are to me - a third rate pantera

es156
12-03-2009, 06:32 PM
they replaced hook in mouth with she-wolf

:mad: :mad:

Butcher of Birth
12-03-2009, 06:47 PM
:mad: :mad:

I take She-Wolf over anything of So Far, So Good... So What. I'm very vocal in saying it has to be their musically worst album. 2 Good songs, and.... that's it.

Then again, out of all the Pre-Rust stuff I only really like... 7-8 Songs.

But it's fair for me to think that if I say Youthanasia is their best album to date.

Different Style of Megadeth Fan ;)

es156
12-03-2009, 06:58 PM
I take She-Wolf over anything of So Far, So Good... So What. I'm very vocal in saying it has to be their musically worst album. 2 Good songs, and.... that's it.

Then again, out of all the Pre-Rust stuff I only really like... 7-8 Songs.

But it's fair for me to think that if I say Youthanasia is their best album to date.

Different Style of Megadeth Fan ;)

I actually agree with you for the most part. However, I have seen She-Wolf live many times but I have never seen Hook In Mouth. I am also disappointed that they dropped Washington Is Next. That song is great live.

Butcher of Birth
12-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Well for the sake of that then yes, that's why I suppose Jeff was so upset with the 2009 Maiden Set List. The 2nd Leg was rather "The Same ole' Same ole'" but for me it was awesome seeing all the songs for the 1st time live.

Let's hope you get Hook ;)

idrinkwine732
12-03-2009, 07:17 PM

totally metal
I tried to ask him subtly about MH's nu metal phase at a show we were both at. I think he knew perfectly what I meant but wouldn't bite.

Butcher of Birth
12-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I tried to ask him subtly about MH's nu metal phase at a show we were both at. I think he knew perfectly what I meant but wouldn't bite.

And what did you mean?

idrinkwine732
12-03-2009, 07:23 PM
And what did you mean?

I was trying to find a subtle way to ask him what the fuck he was thinking.

bunghole
12-03-2009, 08:31 PM
i like she-wolf, though i like hook in mouth a lot more

i like everything from the first four, most of CTE, most of Youthanasia (totally underrated record - only weak track is the title track). don't know enough of CW, risk, or WNAH to say. SHF has some good jams (Kick the Chair is awesome), UA -same. Endgame is the best in 15 years. really i think they picked the best endgame tunes to play on this tour.

i really wanted em to play hook in mouth though. one of my faves.

and of course they won't ever play five magics or RIP. some others that they haven't played in years that'd rock: 502 (most underrated megadeth tune?), black friday, lookin down the cross

300%_Density
12-03-2009, 08:35 PM
I have tried for the longest time to try to listen to Youthanasia and for some reason i just can't do it. It is def a different type of Megadeth record. Just not to my liking. I'll def agree on So Far So Good... I think there are only like 2 songs I can handle on that album as well. I'm going in a Megadeth virgin on Saturday and I will take pretty much anything that is played as long as there is no curfew bs which I don't think the issue will be.

mankvill
12-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I have tried for the longest time to try to listen to Youthanasia and for some reason i just can't do it. It is def a different type of Megadeth record. Just not to my liking. I'll def agree on So Far So Good... I think there are only like 2 songs I can handle on that album as well. I'm going in a Megadeth virgin on Saturday and I will take pretty much anything that is played as long as there is no curfew bs which I don't think the issue will be.

Shows got to be over by 11.

300%_Density
12-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Son of a bitch it's a Saturday for fuck sakes!!!

And 1 more time for the effect.... "Pull The Trigger Bitch" god I can't wait for those shirts.....

mankvill
12-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Son of a bitch it's a Saturday for fuck sakes!!!

And 1 more time for the effect.... "Pull The Trigger Bitch" god I can't wait for those shirts.....

Yeah, seriously. @_@ I hope you got your ticket. If it's not sold out, it'll be really close.

And someone earlier said they went on at 9, so hopefully that happens here. Doors are at 6 so hopefully it looks something like this:

6:00 - Doors
6:30 - 7:00 - That first band
7:20 - 7:50 - Warbringer :horns:
8:00 - 8:40 - Scene Kid O'clock
9:00 - 10:30 (at least) - Megadef

Butcher of Birth
12-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Wait... Suicide Silence is now direct opener for Megadeth? Fuck that...

I'm glad I got Machine Head even more now.

300%_Density
12-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, seriously. @_@ I hope you got your ticket. If it's not sold out, it'll be really close.

And someone earlier said they went on at 9, so hopefully that happens here. Doors are at 6 so hopefully it looks something like this:

Thanks. Haha I've had my ticket in my possession for over a month now. Didn't want to take the risk. I can't wait b/c the people that are going w/ me really haven't been to any heavy shows (other than the guy goin w/ me to Motorhead). They've seen like DMB like a dozen times and I can't imagine how much they will hate me when it's time to "Pull The Trigger Bitch". I might change my quote on here to that. Can't wait for Warbringer again!!!

mankvill
12-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks. Haha I've had my ticket in my possession for over a month now. Didn't want to take the risk. I can't wait b/c the people that are going w/ me really haven't been to any heavy shows (other than the guy goin w/ me to Motorhead). They've seen like DMB like a dozen times and I can't imagine how much they will hate me when it's time to "Pull The Trigger Bitch". I might change my quote on here to that. Can't wait for Warbringer again!!!

:fist: It's going to be epic. Are you gonna be jotting down a set list?

rjturtle9
12-04-2009, 03:47 PM

Hold up a second!!!!! Warbringer is playing before SS?!?! :mad:

mankvill
12-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Hold up a second!!!!! Warbringer is playing before SS?!?! :mad:

T_T Yeah. I didn't think they would be, but the promoter confirmed it. ;_;

rjturtle9
12-04-2009, 04:50 PM
T_T Yeah. I didn't think they would be, but the promoter confirmed it. ;_;

:bouville:

300%_Density
12-04-2009, 07:51 PM
:fist: It's going to be epic. Are you gonna be jotting down a set list?

Yea I'll do what I can but I'm pretty sure that it will probably be around the same lines as the last week or so but I'm sure I should be able to pick up on something new. We will just wait and see. It's rare I'm this excited for a show. I'm at the point where I can only saw "wow Ive never seen ________ before" maybe a few times a year. This will be epic. Deathcore can't even ruin tommorrow night.