PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- Orlando, FL -- November 27th, 2009

Butcher of Birth
11-27-2009, 11:43 PM
So the opening band should be playing after Suicide Silence, I'm going to start the review with that. If you are NOT a Suicide fan, they won't make you like their stuff, they seem to be there only for the 30-50 fans of theirs that might show up. Where as the opener, while not amazing, they have a groove and you'll end up saying "Wow, that wasn't so bad at all, I wouldn't mind seeing them again, but nope not buying their merch..."

So after the other two, Machine took around 20-25 Minutes to set up, they are tight, everything rolled into place and the sound check was very minimal, you can tell that all the touring for The Blackening has honed their skills for set-up. When all is said and done, 6 songs doesn't do justice for Machine Head, the WHOLE place was jamming to them, even my girlfriend. Side-Note; this was her 1st ever Metal show, she likes Iron Maiden...A LOT, some Megadeth, ect. I'm trying to bring her into the genre, and Machine Head impressed her, she was loving it! They are putting on one the best shows right now on the road, they are a truly GREAT band and them opening for Megadeth is fitting to say the least.

Machine Head:
Imperium
Ten Ton Hammer
Struck A Nerve
Beautiful Mourning
Halo
Davidian

Megadeth was Megadeth, they sound just like the album, the solo's are tight, and the sound is perfectly mixed, if you want to focus on the bass guitar, you can hear it, if you want just Chris' rhythm you can hear it. I gotta say, Chris is 100% Amazing and every solo he puts on this "Oh look how good I am" face and it's actually funny. He is cocky, but with this talent, he has the right to be.

Megadeth:
Dialectic Chaos
This Day We Fight!
Wake Up Dead
Skin O' My Teeth
Head Crusher
A Tout Le Monde
Hook in Mouth
Tornado Of Souls
1,320'
In My Darkest Hour
Sweating Bullets
44 Minutes
Hangar 18
Trust
Peace Sells
Symphony Of Destruction
---------------
Holy Wars

To Meet Dave and Whoever else shows up (James showed up at our table) you DO have to buy the new album "Endgame" for $20 and you get a wristband and Dave will only sign Endgame, you are not allowed to ask "Hey man, could you sign this?" because if you do, they have security right there and they will kick you out. All that aside, I still wanted to meet him. Flash Forward 20 minuted after the concert, they show up and I'm waiting, slowing getting closer, then there I am... I'm next. But before I meet him there is another fan talking something along the lines of "...she said because I didn't have the $2 dollars that I couldn't get it... So I'm fucked" and Dave looked disgusted by this and said "What?! Are you kidding me? Wow... You know what... Here..." and he reaches in his back pocket, gets his wallet, and throws are guy $2. Dave Mustaine, Lead Singer and Guitarist of Megadeth, had just given a fan $2 from his own pocket. Now $2 is a small amount yes, but it is so thoughtful that he would still do that.

In the end, Dave and James signed my copy of Endgame, and I even slipped James my band's demo saying "Hey, I met Shawn back in July at a drum clinic, he wanted to hear my band, could you give this to him?" and he said "sure man, no problem, thanks for just coming out!"

So My friend and I leave, and we meet up with the other half of our group and they say "dude! Chris is on the other side of the venue, lets see if he'll sign things?" so we progress that way and Chris is there, he signs our stuff and I say "Yeah, I love how when you are up there soloing you have that look like 'Yea I know I'm better than you' on your face" and he said "[laughs] yeah... I don't like saying that, but I do make it known "

And so we went to Burger King, and we all went home. So ends Megadeth: Pt. 3 for me! :rocker:

bt11763
11-28-2009, 12:10 AM
oh fuck they finally did it, TDWF!

and now i want some goddamn burger kind you bastard

rjturtle9
11-28-2009, 12:27 AM
that $2 part is awesome

mankvill
11-28-2009, 01:18 AM
ONE WEEK. ONE FUCKING WEEK. I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT.

b1indedbyfear
11-28-2009, 08:42 AM
I thought that opening band was horrible, one of the worst bands I had seen in a long time. They looked straight out of hot topic and the kind of band I'd expect to see on Taste of Chaos or with My Chemical Romance or something.

illninoese
11-28-2009, 09:26 AM
oh fuck they finally did it, TDWF!

and now i want some goddamn burger kind you bastard

It wasn't just any Burger King. It was the Burger King Whopper Bar!!!!!!

Butcher of Birth
11-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Alright, yes... It wasn't a Burger King it was "The BK Whooper Bar". At Universal Orlando they opened one, the 1st one ever, and it serves only Whoopers with whatever you want on them.... Anything you want, within reason.

Dextrimental
11-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Ha so essentially subway but with whoppers instead? Awesome gig dude, what was the merch like?

Butcher of Birth
11-28-2009, 11:05 AM
yes haha. I bought 2 Megadeth shirts at $35 each. They had, from what I saw 4 Tour Shirts. "Endgame" Cover, Dave Mustaine playing the Rust In Peace Guitar, Headcrusher, and one other, I think it was Vic unmasking the inmate. They had the standard "Megeadeth" logo t-shirt.

They had hoodies, the CD+Meet Dave was $20, Pack of Picks for $10, and the sweat bands.

Machine Head had 3 Designs, none of which seemed to have Tour Dates. One had a hand written design saying "MACHINE FUCKING HEAD", other was just a Blackening Logo type with the back reading "I can't wait for you to burn in hell" or something like that, and then they had one with the "Halo" design. Idr how much their shirts were, but they do look badass.

Helpful?

Oh other thing.... Suicide Silence were selling their merch OUTSIDE the venue, how fitting hahaha... because they suck

Dextrimental
11-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Yeah cheers dude :D was wondering what designs theyd be using, essentially all the new ones just dates on the back.. Although th just dave one irritates me almost as much as the picture on the back of Endgame :P

Butcher of Birth
11-28-2009, 11:21 AM
hahah yeah

For reference, here are the Machine Head shirts.

http://www.hifi11345.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/m/h/mhhell_2.jpg

http://www.hifi11345.com/by-band/machinehead/new-items/machine-head-headbanger-t-shirt.html#

http://www.hifi11345.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/500x500/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/m/h/mh_137.jpg

Butcher of Birth
11-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Just add the USA Dates to these:

http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/Megadeth_T-Shirt_2009_Tour_Photos

http://www.rockworldeast.com/store/Megadeth_T-Shirt_2009_Tour

TonyD
11-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Nice writeup. Thanks for the merch info too, but $35 t shirts? No thanks. I'll probably get a Headcrusher one once they find their way online.

AnthG
11-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Good to see Megadeth gradually put in some more Endgame stuff. I counted 5 songs which isn't bad at all.

bt11763
11-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Alright, yes... It wasn't a Burger King it was "The BK Whooper Bar". At Universal Orlando they opened one, the 1st one ever, and it serves only Whoopers with whatever you want on them.... Anything you want, within reason.

....whoa....:drool::drool:

Butcher of Birth
11-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeah the merch is kinda pricey, but them being my favorite band I dished out the cash.

And yeah, The Whooper Bar is awesome... Open till 1am or something, because I try and hit it up after shows in Orlando haha

idrinkwine732
11-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I hope they keep DC/TDWF as the opener for American Carnage.

cradle_of_maiden
11-28-2009, 11:55 PM
So the opening band should be playing after Suicide Silence, I'm going to start the review with that. If you are NOT a Suicide fan, they won't make you like their stuff, they seem to be there only for the 30-50 fans of theirs that might show up. Where as the opener, while not amazing, they have a groove and you'll end up saying "Wow, that wasn't so bad at all, I wouldn't mind seeing them again, but nope not buying their merch..."

So after the other two, Machine took around 20-25 Minutes to set up, they are tight, everything rolled into place and the sound check was very minimal, you can tell that all the touring for The Blackening has honed their skills for set-up. When all is said and done, 6 songs doesn't do justice for Machine Head, the WHOLE place was jamming to them, even my girlfriend. Side-Note; this was her 1st ever Metal show, she likes Iron Maiden...A LOT, some Megadeth, ect. I'm trying to bring her into the genre, and Machine Head impressed her, she was loving it! They are putting on one the best shows right now on the road, they are a truly GREAT band and them opening for Megadeth is fitting to say the least.

Machine Head:
Imperium
Ten Ton Hammer
Struck A Nerve
Beautiful Mourning
Halo
Davidian

Megadeth was Megadeth, they sound just like the album, the solo's are tight, and the sound is perfectly mixed, if you want to focus on the bass guitar, you can hear it, if you want just Chris' rhythm you can hear it. I gotta say, Chris is 100% Amazing and every solo he puts on this "Oh look how good I am" face and it's actually funny. He is cocky, but with this talent, he has the right to be.

Megadeth:
Dialectic Chaos
This Day We Fight!
Wake Up Dead
Skin O' My Teeth
Head Crusher
A Tout Le Monde
Hook in Mouth
Tornado Of Souls
1,320'
In My Darkest Hour
Sweating Bullets
44 Minutes
Hangar 18
Trust
Peace Sells
Symphony Of Destruction
---------------
Holy Wars

To Meet Dave and Whoever else shows up (James showed up at our table) you DO have to buy the new album "Endgame" for $20 and you get a wristband and Dave will only sign Endgame, you are not allowed to ask "Hey man, could you sign this?" because if you do, they have security right there and they will kick you out. All that aside, I still wanted to meet him. Flash Forward 20 minuted after the concert, they show up and I'm waiting, slowing getting closer, then there I am... I'm next. But before I meet him there is another fan talking something along the lines of "...she said because I didn't have the $2 dollars that I couldn't get it... So I'm fucked" and Dave looked disgusted by this and said "What?! Are you kidding me? Wow... You know what... Here..." and he reaches in his back pocket, gets his wallet, and throws are guy $2. Dave Mustaine, Lead Singer and Guitarist of Megadeth, had just given a fan $2 from his own pocket. Now $2 is a small amount yes, but it is so thoughtful that he would still do that.

In the end, Dave and James signed my copy of Endgame, and I even slipped James my band's demo saying "Hey, I met Shawn back in July at a drum clinic, he wanted to hear my band, could you give this to him?" and he said "sure man, no problem, thanks for just coming out!"

So My friend and I leave, and we meet up with the other half of our group and they say "dude! Chris is on the other side of the venue, lets see if he'll sign things?" so we progress that way and Chris is there, he signs our stuff and I say "Yeah, I love how when you are up there soloing you have that look like 'Yea I know I'm better than you' on your face" and he said "[laughs] yeah... I don't like saying that, but I do make it known "

And so we went to Burger King, and we all went home. So ends Megadeth: Pt. 3 for me! :rocker:

Hey man did you have to buy the cd to meet dave before/during the show our could you buy it right when it ended while you were in line?

Butcher of Birth
11-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Hey man did you have to buy the cd to meet dave before/during the show our could you buy it right when it ended while you were in line?

You can buy it anytime, I left during Symphony to get it, then waited in line. The Line was like 30 people, but behind me it looked like 1-2 hundred.

es156
11-29-2009, 10:05 AM
I left during Symphony...

WHAT?!?

:bricks:

Butcher of Birth
11-29-2009, 10:19 AM
WHAT?!?

:bricks:

Just to get my CD/Wristband and just see the concert from the back. I mean I've seen it twice before and I really wanted to meet The band.

I gotta say though, it makes me almost irate that half the people in the venue chanted "Dave! Dave! Dave!" and very few times did they ever chant "Megadeth!" which is sad... There is a whole band there, and they support one member, while Dave IS Megadeth, there still wouldn't be a Megadeth without the other people up there with him.

Sanitarium78
11-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Just to get my CD/Wristband and just see the concert from the back. I mean I've seen it twice before and I really wanted to meet The band.

I gotta say though, it makes me almost irate that half the people in the venue chanted "Dave! Dave! Dave!" and very few times did they ever chant "Megadeth!" which is sad... There is a whole band there, and they support one member, while Dave IS Megadeth, there still wouldn't be a Megadeth without the other people up there with him.

That's happened the last few times i've seen them live. Honestly I understand it. The lineup that most people became fans was the one from RIP thru CW and those are the guys people associate as being Megadeth. The lineup has changed so much that Dave is the only reconiseable guy in the band now to most fans including myself. I know the lineup from RIP to CW without even having to look it up. But if you asked me who the hell is playing in Megadeth now I couldn't even tell you anyone but Dave. He's changed the lineup too much that a lot of long time fans like myself have no time to learn who's playing with Dave now or grow an attachment to the rest of the guys because they aren't around for long.

Too be honest if some random long haired guy who looked like he belonged in a band said to me "I play in Megadeth now" I would really have no way to despute his claim because I have no idea from album to album now who's in the group all I know is Dave is still there and a lot of other fans feel that way thus you get the "Dave" chants now. When I saw them in 1994 and 1997 there weren't any "Dave" chants there were "Megadeth" chants. The guys Dave gets to play now are all very talented musicians no doubt but people don't have any kind of realation to them because the line up doesn't stay steady any more like it was from '90-'99.

Butcher of Birth
11-29-2009, 01:05 PM
From my count, this Decade Megadeth has had these changes: 3 Guitarist, 2 Drummers, and 2 Bassists.

As for relationship with the fans, I gotta say Shawn Drover is doing a great job. He takes a lot of his own time to talk with the fans and be around them. Through "the Live Line" I've had several conversations with him, and mad a pretty good time with him at his Drum Clinic. And I'm growing to like J-Lo a lot more, you can tell in his expressions when you meet him/talk to him he is genuinely happy to have you as a fan.

Give this Line-Up some time and I think more people will remember it. Besides Dave, everyone else in the band is very down to earth and one with the fans.

PowerMaiden
11-29-2009, 01:18 PM
That's happened the last few times i've seen them live. Honestly I understand it. The lineup that most people became fans was the one from RIP thru CW and those are the guys people associate as being Megadeth. The lineup has changed so much that Dave is the only reconiseable guy in the band now to most fans including myself. I know the lineup from RIP to CW without even having to look it up. But if you asked me who the hell is playing in Megadeth now I couldn't even tell you anyone but Dave. He's changed the lineup too much that a lot of long time fans like myself have no time to learn who's playing with Dave now or grow an attachment to the rest of the guys because they aren't around for long.

Too be honest if some random long haired guy who looked like he belonged in a band said to me "I play in Megadeth now" I would really have no way to despute his claim because I have no idea from album to album now who's in the group all I know is Dave is still there and a lot of other fans feel that way thus you get the "Dave" chants now. When I saw them in 1994 and 1997 there weren't any "Dave" chants there were "Megadeth" chants. The guys Dave gets to play now are all very talented musicians no doubt but people don't have any kind of realation to them because the line up doesn't stay steady any more like it was from '90-'99.

I couldn't have said it better, 100 % aggreed on this

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Butcher of Birth
11-30-2009, 04:51 AM
A Few Videos from The show: Not Shot By Me, I was barricade just to Dave's Left.

Skin O' My Teeth (Orlando) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-EmKgO6DyM&feature=player_embedded)

Headcrusher (Orlando) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZhHjKpGhxk&feature=related)