11-25-2009, 03:59 AM
Line-up so far:

Guns N' Roses
Slayer
W.A.S.P.
Gary Moore (rock set)
Opeth
U.D.O. (headlining shorter opening day)
Bachman & Turner (of Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
Aldo Nova
Danzig
Fates Warning (Parallels line-up)
Mastodon
Stratovarius
Rick Springfield
Behemoth
Ratt
D-A-D
Sabaton
Magnum
Raven
Nazareth
Y&T
Steel Panther
Alestorm
Anvil
Watain
Bigelf
Jorn
Saga
Mother's Finest
Unisonic (Michael Kiske & Dennis Ward)

ravenheart
11-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Rick Springfield and Anvil confirmed. Rumour has it The Quireboys are confirmed as well.

People really need to stop making such a fuss over Anvil. Everyone's bought into to the sob story in the film which is, frankly, bullshit. They've had 20 years to "make it" and they haven't for the simple reason that they're shit.

mankvill
11-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Rick Springfield and Anvil confirmed. Rumour has it The Quireboys are confirmed as well.

People really need to stop making such a fuss over Anvil. Everyone's bought into to the sob story in the film which is, frankly, bullshit. They've had 20 years to "make it" and they haven't for the simple reason that they're shit.

Mainstream nubs are fussing over Anvil, underground nubs are fussing over Pentagram.

ravenheart
11-27-2009, 06:52 AM
D-A-D and Sabaton confirmed today.

Can't say I've noticed an awful lot of interest in Pentagram, but as an existing fan, I'd love them to hit SRF. Especially as they can't play the UK because of Bobby's drug convictions.

ImmortalEmperor
11-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Can't say I've noticed an awful lot of interest in Pentagram, but as an existing fan, I'd love them to hit SRF. Especially as they can't play the UK because of Bobby's drug convictions.

I've seen them twice this year (Seattle & Bergen) and fans in both places were really excited, especially the European fans I talked to at "Hole in the Sky." It seemed like no one could believe the show was really going to happen until Bobby actually walked on stage. Hope they come to SRF as well - the man is one hell of an entertainer.

Maiden33
11-27-2009, 12:15 PM

This. Agreed x100. There are a lot of bands out there that have remained commercially underground and struggled to make it when they had the talent and credibility to go very far. Anvil isn't one of them. For all their age, they still come off as incredibly amateur. I saw them back in 2007, and while it was a fun show, I was severely underwhelmed by their actual talents.

ravenheart
12-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Aldo Nova confirmed.

New band every day for the rest of the week, apparently.

ravenheart
12-04-2009, 01:03 AM
W.A.S.P. playing only the first two albums, and Raven confirmed.

ravenheart
01-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Since the last update:

Danzig
Stratovarius
Behemoth
Ratt
Magnum
Nazareth
Y&T
Steel Panther
Alestorm
Watain

When they updated the latest poster with Behemoth today they also added Opeth by mistake and have since taken them off, so we're expecting them to be confirmed soon.

ravenheart
02-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Latest updates for anyone considering making the trip this year. First post updated.

Slayer
Fates Warning ("Parallels" line-up)
U.D.O. (headlining the shorter opening day)
Opeth
Mastodon

ravenheart
02-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Guns N' Roses and Gary Moore confirmed :D

ImmortalEmperor
02-12-2010, 09:52 AM
...Gary Moore confirmed :D

If I wasn't already going to Hellfest this announcement would seal the deal for Sweden Rock. Gary Moore doing a rock set! :party: Been waiting 25 years for that and still figure that I'll probably never see it. Enjoy! :rocker:

Maiden33
02-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Would kill to see this Gary Moore set.

ravenheart
02-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I saw him do a rock set in 2003. Good, not great.

ravenheart
02-20-2010, 09:12 AM
I seem to be one of the few people who couldn't care less about a Gary Moore rock set. I think most of his rock albums, with the exception of 'After The War' and 'Scars', suck. Typical '80s soft rock, with admittedly great guitar playing, and I therefore do enjoy his live albums from that period because of the extended solos.

Would really rather he did a blues set.

Anyway, new bands:

Aerosmith
Death Angel
Pendragon
Blackberry Smoke

Maiden33
02-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I seem to be one of the few people who couldn't care less about a Gary Moore rock set. I think most of his rock albums, with the exception of 'After The War' and 'Scars', suck. Typical '80s soft rock...

Shocking, dissenting opinion from Ravenheart.