PDA

View Full Version : Dethklok -- Los Angeles, CA -- November 20th, 2009

andrew_metalhead
11-21-2009, 12:42 AM
What a night! Mastodon and Dethklok kicked ass!! :rocker::rocker:

It was my first time seeing Dethklok and I was about to cry when they played the Deth Theme lol.

It was perfect for my 100th show of the year. Detailed review coming up!! If somebody could help me out with the Converge and High on Fire set lists that would be great.

Pictures are here for the moment. To be posted on the webzine soon. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3451447&l=8ddbba79d8&id=628232132

Mastodon:
1. Oblivion
2. Divinations
3. Quintessence
4. The Czar
5. Ghost Of Karelia
6. Crack The Skye
7. The Last Baron
8. Circle Cysquatch
9. Aqua Dementia
10.Where Strides The Behemoth
11.Mother Puncher

Dethklok:
1. Intro Video
2. Deththeme :rocker::rocker::rocker:
3. Bloodlines
4. Burn The Earth
5. Facebones Video
6. Hatredcopter
7. Black Fire Upon Us
8. Birthday Dethday
9. Coffee Video
10.Coffee Jingle :rocker::rocker:
11.Moshing Video
12.Deth Support
13.Awaken :rocker::rocker:
14.Bathroom Video :lol:
15.The Gears
16.Murmaider :rocker:
17.Thunderhorse
18.Eyes/Elect Video
19.Go Into The Water
20.Brendon On Mic :rocker::rocker::rocker:
21.Fansong

Grayfox
11-21-2009, 01:43 AM
I wonder why they haven't played Murmaider II yet. It's far superior to the first one. Either way, it's a pretty decent set.

b_halperin
11-21-2009, 09:53 AM
100th show of the year.

you lucky bastard hahahaha. i wish i could've gone to this show :mad:

HellhammerMario
11-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Converge set went like this when I saw them:

1. Plagues
2. No Heroes
3. Axe To Fall
4. Eagles Become Vultures
5. The Broken Vow
6. Last Light
7. Reap What You Sow
8. Worms Will Feed
9. Dark Horse
10. Heartache
11. Hellbound
12. Concubine

I think the High On Fire set has more or less stayed the same as well:

1. Fury Whip
2. Blood From Zion
3. Cometh Down Hessian
4. Waste of Tiamat
5. Frost Hammer
6. Rumors of War

andrew_metalhead
11-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Cool man thank you. Can I have your real name? I'll leave you a credit when I submit this for Full Metal Rock.

exilederek
11-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Had trouble finding parking and ended up missing High on Fire's set and looks like they had a pretty short set, oh well. Converge was alright but nothing spectacular.

The highlight of course of Mastodon and Dethklok. It was fucking awesome seeing Mastodon play the Crack the Skye album in its entirety and i'm glad that they played songs from Blood Mountain, Leviathan and Remission, though I wish they had played more than just one song from Leviathan. Though I love Mastodon to death, I don't think they delivered with their visuals, they were okay, but could have been better.

Initially I wasn't sure what to expect with the Dethklok live show, but it fucking delivered 150%! The visuals were top notch and the in between song animations were pretty funny. Loved the one about moshing. "Why do you help someone up after they've fallen in the pit? Because if you don't, that's a dick move." There was a fan that had an awesome Dr. Rockso costume, was surprised he didn't try to get closer to the stage. My favorite song was Murmaider, the visuals, the music, fuck yeah! :rocker:

mankvill
11-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Cool man thank you. Can I have your real name? I'll leave you a credit when I submit this for Full Metal Rock.

ppssshhhhh that HoF setlist is totally jacked from my review :flame:

Beernf
11-21-2009, 09:15 PM
I was at this show too. I'll agree with people that the Dethklok set was the best thing of the night. Mastodon was good, their encore was great, but it didnt get the crowd going insane like Dethklok did. Seriously, on the opening like 5 beats of the Deththeme, people were moshing, going nuts, freakin out and it didn't stop until the end of the show.

I couldn't make up my mind if it was funny or sad that people were moshing for the Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle.

Heiden
11-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Haha, I never looked into it, but it's nice to know Brann (Mastodon guitarist) was able to make it back to the tour bus that night. He went off with some weird damn people. Then I got felt up by Troy (haha, sort of, but it was just as awkward), he wasn't drunk, but he had to be on some sort of drug. But it was all fun :D.

And Converge were TERRIBLE. They were actually worse than I thought. I loved how when Brenden was thanking the bands at the end of the set and when he said Converge, everybody booed. The vocals were absolutely terrible. All he does is bark one word at a time through the whole set. Everyone I talked to around me pretty much agreed they never knew when one song started and another ended.

rjturtle9
11-22-2009, 04:36 PM
damn soo pissed that i missed this show. Oh well next time for sure. Congrats to Andrew for his 100th show :party:

andrew_metalhead
11-22-2009, 04:40 PM
damn soo pissed that i missed this show. Oh well next time for sure. Congrats to Andrew for his 100th show :party:

Thanks bro. See you soon. Let me know if you're down for Vader/Lazarus/Warbringer next week. I'll get you in for free.

rjturtle9
11-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks bro. See you soon. Let me know if you're down for Vader/Lazarus/Warbringer next week. I'll get you in for free.

hell yeah im down!!!!

the chewbacca defense
11-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Haha, I never looked into it, but it's nice to know Brann (Mastodon guitarist) was able to make it back to the tour bus that night. He went off with some weird damn people. Then I got felt up by Troy (haha, sort of, but it was just as awkward), he wasn't drunk, but he had to be on some sort of drug. But it was all fun :D.

Brann is the drummer? Maybe your thinking of Brent, since Brann is one of the chillest dudes.

andrew_metalhead
11-23-2009, 01:04 AM
Brann is the drummer? Maybe your thinking of Brent, since Brann is one of the chillest dudes.

Brann is the drummer yeah.

the chewbacca defense
11-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Brann is the drummer yeah.

damn, i missread the quote, i thought it said he went off as in yelling, not just leaving with people/

Heiden
11-24-2009, 09:41 AM
damn, i missread the quote, i thought it said he went off as in yelling, not just leaving with people/

Yeah I got the name Brent and Brann confused. In all honesty he was actually yelling at the people he was about to go off with that made it all that much weirder. But before he left he came up to us and apologized for acting the way he did, that the tour was just getting long. Brann and Bill were the only ones that night that didn't seem like they were about to explode. It was weird with Troy because he went from yelling on the phone to suddenly looking really happy and being touchy feely. So, haha, that's why I think their were drugs involved.

pantera1115
11-27-2009, 10:36 AM
this show seems like it was all kinds of fun, wish i went.oh and ya converge is a boston hardcore band,and a fucking gaytastic one at that.they did not belong on this show at all.:mad:

andrew_metalhead
12-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Review and pics posted. Again, apologies for the delay.

https://www.fullmetalrock.com/Dethklok_with_Mastodon.html

Travis The Dragon
12-12-2009, 09:24 PM
I just don't get it. These 2 bands have been around for barely 10 years and the setlist gets all these responses, yet Uriah Heep, who has been around for OVER 40 years hardly gets anything!: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12062 Just me and 1 other person responding! :mad:

DethMaiden
12-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I just don't get it. These 2 bands have been around for barely 10 years and the setlist gets all these responses, yet Uriah Heep, who has been around for OVER 40 years hardly gets anything!: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12062 Just me and 1 other person responding! :mad:

That is really awful logic. I dislike Dethklok and Converge and like Uriah Heep as much as the next guy, but really? Beethoven's been around for centuries, where's his setlists?

Travis The Dragon
12-12-2009, 09:43 PM
That is really awful logic. I dislike Dethklok and Converge and like Uriah Heep as much as the next guy, but really? Beethoven's been around for centuries, where's his setlists?

Beethoven is classical!

DethMaiden
12-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Beethoven is classical!

And Uriah Heep really isn't metal either. :lol: ;)

b_halperin
12-12-2009, 09:47 PM

Maybe its not fair in terms of how long the bands have been around.. but you have to face the fact that an old classic rock band is not going to get nearly as many responses from a site called metalsetlists.

Travis The Dragon
12-12-2009, 09:48 PM
And Uriah Heep really isn't metal either. :lol: ;)

Ya, they're more hard rock which is allowed on here. Even Pink Floyd and Rush who don't come close to being metal are allowed.

Travis The Dragon
12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Maybe its not fair in terms of how long the bands have been around.. but you have to face the fact that an old classic rock band is not going to get nearly as many responses from a site called metalsetlists.

Pink Floyd and Rush are old classic rock bands and their setlists get lots of responses:
http://www.metalsetlists.com/search.php?searchid=648791
http://www.metalsetlists.com/search.php?searchid=648793

mankvill
12-12-2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8288

classic metal

Travis The Dragon
12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=8288

classic metal

A band I've NEVER heard of and they get 2 pages of responses?!?!

mankvill
12-12-2009, 10:03 PM
A band I've NEVER heard of and they get 2 pages of responses?!?!

:lol:

Just because you've never heard of them doesn't mean they don't exist.

The Dethklok/Mastodon tour was a current tour, so there are going to be a lot of sets posted about them. The line-up was pretty diverse (with bands that have definitely been around more than ten years), so lots of people are going to these shows and lots of people are liking these shows and lots of people are talking about these shows. No disrespect to Uriah Heep, I'm sure metal would be a pretty different place without them in the past, but face the facts: They are nowhere near as popular as Dethklok or Mastodon currently. And I don't know if I'd put them above Tegan & Sara either. :lol: