PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Fest 2010 Rumored Bands

Fires Of Sedition
11-20-2009, 12:28 PM
http://www.metalinjection.net/rumors/mayhem-fest-2010-headlining-band-rumors?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+metalinjection+%28Metal+Injec tion+%3A%3A+Latest+Posts%29

Korn, Rob Zombie, and Hatebreed? Meh..

idrinkwine732
11-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Not excited if this is true.

xStructualDefect
11-20-2009, 01:27 PM
if it's true then that'd be awesome 'cause growing up Korn was/is one of my favorite bands.

idrinkwine732
11-20-2009, 01:31 PM
^that was Hatebreed.

mastodon421
11-20-2009, 01:43 PM
If this is true i am very excited. I love all 3 of those bands.

xStructualDefect
11-20-2009, 03:38 PM
^that was Hatebreed.

lol i guess i did not read that article clearly then.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-20-2009, 04:35 PM
http://www.ltlprints.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/fail2.jpg

makethemsuffer12
11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
http://www.ltlprints.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/fail2.jpg

Word. I don't think anything is going to be able to compete with last year's Mayhem.

DethMaiden
11-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Word. I don't think anything is going to be able to compete with last year's Mayhem.

I don't think any Mayhem is worth entering in a competition because of the incredibly large numbers of shitty, money-bringing bands that play them. I think we need a) Gigantour to come back in its original, non-shitty form, and b) Sounds of the Underground to come back and be legitimately underground again.

xStructualDefect
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
hmm some bands i think would be awesome and a high possibility are DevilDriver, Arch Enemy, and Darkest Hour. all bands have just released a new album in the past months and need a big tour like this to promote it.

mankvill
11-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Mayhem Year 1: Sucked Dick
Mayhem Year 2: Awesome for the most part
Mayhem Year 3: Potential dick-sucking again.

300%_Density
11-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Yay a thread for getting angry at RUMORED bands for a festival that was just over like 3 months ago.. :flame: I'm sure that isn't Overkill whatsoever. When it actually hits 2010 then I might be a bit more interested in rumors.

Fires Of Sedition
11-21-2009, 12:09 AM
I liked/kind of like old Korn, before Munky left. I like/kind of like everything by Rob Zombie before that Foxy Foxy shit. Hatebreed is ok...good live performance. But if there aren't any better bands, no way I'm going.

idrinkwine732
11-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Mayhem Year 1: Sucked Dick
Mayhem Year 2: Awesome for the most part
Mayhem Year 3: Potential dick-sucking again.

I'll wait till the sidestages are announced, but yeah, this pretty much is going to be it.

mastodon421
11-21-2009, 06:05 AM
Kevin Lyman knows how to balance a line-up very well. So I think there will be something for every metal fan like there was last year. This rumor makes a lot of sense because Korn and Rob Zombie are two of the biggest acts that have albums being released next year. I am also willing to bet that As I Lay Dying will be on it. As for the rest of the lineup it's a mystery.

makethemsuffer12
11-21-2009, 07:04 AM
I liked/kind of like old Korn, before Munky left. I like/kind of like everything by Rob Zombie before that Foxy Foxy shit. Hatebreed is ok...good live performance. But if there aren't any better bands, no way I'm going.

:eyes:

It was Head that left

Fires Of Sedition
11-22-2009, 02:41 AM

It was Head that left

Shit! You're right....I don't feel stupid at all.

AnthG
11-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Meh, the haters can say what they want. I love Korn, and while their last couple of albums haven't been that great, they still know how to bring it live. Plus, we can all agree that Korn live is better than Marilyn manson's live show these days, which is absolutely terrible.

DethMaiden
11-28-2009, 12:37 PM
we can all agree that Korn live is better than Marilyn manson's live show these days, which is absolutely terrible.

Just like we can all agree that skin cancer is way better than lung cancer, which is absolutely terrible.

mankvill
11-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Just like we can all agree that skin cancer is way better than lung cancer, which is absolutely terrible.

Shit in your hair is better than shit in your mouth, etc.

mastodon421
11-28-2009, 06:26 PM
I love Korn as well they do have a really good amount of haters. Personally I think they are very talented and make good music [with the exception of their last 2 albums]. I honestly think just about any metal band can blow Manson off the stage now-a-days.

Mancubus
11-29-2009, 03:27 PM
Hoping that we get something like this. I'ts mostly mainstream since it's a mainstream festival

Main Stage
Faith No More
Tool
Lamb of God
Morbid Angel

Second Stage
Unearth
Meshuggah
Carcass
Children of Bodom

Third Stage
Dark Tranquillity
Primordial
Winds of Plague
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Marduk
Epica

mankvill
11-29-2009, 04:28 PM
Hoping that we get something like this. I'ts mostly mainstream since it's a mainstream festival

Main Stage
Faith No More
Tool
Lamb of God
Morbid Angel

Second Stage
Unearth
Meshuggah
Carcass
Children of Bodom

Third Stage
Dark Tranquillity
Primordial
Winds of Plague
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Marduk
Epica

You'd have to get a LOT more Mainstream than Marduk, Carcass, and Morbid Angel.

Wizzbang11
11-29-2009, 04:47 PM
You'd have to get a LOT more Mainstream than Marduk, Carcass, and Morbid Angel.

I'd like to think/hope Carcass has more dignity than reducing themselves to playing a 30 min set opening for CoB.

Mancubus
11-29-2009, 04:56 PM
1. Carcass is above CoB. They sold out a venue that was twice as large what CoB last headlined at.

2. Marduk are about as popular as Whitechapel who were towards the bottom of last year's Mayhem fest.

3. Morbid Angel are the best selling death metal act of all time.

And forgive me but I was just bitched out at a forum that insisted that Bloodbath were a mainstream crap band who make shitty, trendy music. My idea of underground is now stuff like Act of Destruction who play locally and only have demos out.

Wizzbang11
11-29-2009, 05:01 PM
1. Carcass is above CoB. They sold out a venue that was twice as large what CoB last headlined at.

2. Marduk are about as popular as Whitechapel who were towards the bottom of last year's Mayhem fest.

3. Morbid Angel are the best selling death metal act of all time.

Actually, what I meant was Carcass opening for anyone other than another monumental death/grind act is blasphemy, so if they arent opening for CoB on your list they are opening for Unearth, which still sucks.

Carcass were able to sell out big shows because it was their massive reunion tour. I bet person for person CoB is more popular amongst "the kids" these days.
Same with Morbid Angel. Yes they are the best selling DM act, but that does not mean they are CURRENTLY selling more albums than all the new core/brutal dm bands out there. You'd get some old metalheads and a few people with good music taste but beyond that I doubt they are that popular with the new metal crowd.

Jochen
11-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Actually, what I meant was Carcass opening for anyone other than another monumental death/grind act is blasphemy, so if they arent opening for CoB on your list they are opening for Unearth, which still sucks.

Carcass were able to sell out big shows because it was their massive reunion tour. I bet person for person CoB is more popular amongst "the kids" these days.
Same with Morbid Angel. Yes they are the best selling DM act, but that does not mean they are CURRENTLY selling more albums than all the new core/brutal dm bands out there. You'd get some old metalheads and a few people with good music taste but beyond that I doubt they are that popular with the new metal crowd.

Carcass also had newer, popular bands opening for them, like Suicide Silence. But yeah, that would suck if they had that spot on the tour.

Mancubus
11-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Carcass also had newer, popular bands opening for them, like Suicide Silence. But yeah, that would suck if they had that spot on the tour.

So, Cannibal Corpse opened for Behemoth last year. It's not fair but influential does not equal popular. And Carcass having a mid-tier spot is at least better than a band like Emmure taking that position.

Wizzbang11
11-29-2009, 09:17 PM
So, Cannibal Corpse opened for Behemoth last year. It's not fair but influential does not equal popular. And Carcass having a mid-tier spot is at least better than a band like Emmure taking that position.

No they didnt. Cannibal headlined the second stage, Behemoth opened it. There was hours of music in between them.

Sanitarium78
11-30-2009, 01:43 PM

Main Stage
Faith No More
Tool
Lamb of God
Morbid Angel

So I guess you don't want many people to come to this years show do you:D I know this is what you would like to see but you gotta also think in terms of reality and how many people this would draw. Tool could get an OK ammount of fans but none of the other bands here have a big enough following in North America to sell out the amphitheaters that Mayhem is booked to play.

I can see Megadeth possible headling it to wrap up their current tour and possible AIC or Rob Zombie as the co-headliner. FNM would be cool as the first band on the main stage or headling one of the other stages. LOG needs to be on the second or third stage where people can mosh to them an amphlitheater/arena setting just doesn't fit them at all.

Mancubus
12-08-2009, 06:41 AM
No they didnt. Cannibal headlined the second stage, Behemoth opened it. There was hours of music in between them.

Turns out that we were both wrong. CC did headline but Behemoth were right before them.

b_halperin
12-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Cannibal Corpse headlined. There were 4 other bands on the same stage, and every show they rotated the order, except that CC always played last.

psicosis91
12-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Hatebreed and Korn on this tour would be awesome! dont care much for rob zombie though

idrinkwine732
12-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Hatebreed and Korn on this tour would be awesome! dont care much for rob zombie though

nooooooooo

300%_Density
12-10-2009, 04:17 PM
NOt to see that it's that interesting but hearing In This Moment interview on Sirius radio last week they said they are going to be part of a big american festival and can't announce it. And there was much rejoicing....yea... A little monty phyton for those who don't follow the reference.

mankvill
12-10-2009, 04:20 PM
NOt to see that it's that interesting but hearing In This Moment interview on Sirius radio last week they said they are going to be part of a big american festival and can't announce it. And there was much rejoicing....yea... A little monty phyton for those who don't follow the reference.

Eeurgh.

idrinkwine732
12-10-2009, 05:28 PM

aw fuck

TonyD
12-10-2009, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Ozzfest. Didn't they open up for the Ozzy/Rob Zombie tour?

mastodon421
12-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Its proably Ozzfest. They have done it twice before. Hopefully its not Mayhem.

mankvill
12-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually Ozzfest. Didn't they open up for the Ozzy/Rob Zombie tour?

Yeah, but they were also on Warped Tour this year. Maybe it's that?

When she wasn't trying to sing, I thought In This Moment were tolerable on Ozzfest.

300%_Density
12-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Welll I wasn't sure since I'm still not 100% sure if there will actually be an Ozzfest this yr so I was just beinc conservative that it was Maheym but I could be wrong. I'm just guessing.

mankvill
12-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Welll I wasn't sure since I'm still not 100% sure if there will actually be an Ozzfest this yr so I was just beinc conservative that it was Maheym but I could be wrong. I'm just guessing.

There's an "Ozzfest 2010" graphic on the Ozzfest Myspace. O:

TonyD
12-10-2009, 09:43 PM
They had a graphic up last year... we all know what happened there. But they did confirm it will be happening this year.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I have a friend who works in the music biz. He told me the following bands will definitely play Mayhem Fest in 2010:

Korn
Rob Zombie
Lamb of God
In This Moment
Hatebreed
Chimaira
Winds of Plague

He also said that 5FDP, As I Lay Dying, Skeletonwitch, & Shadows Fall were all trying to secure a slot on the festival but he wasn't sure if any of those bands will make it onto the festival or not.

xStructualDefect
12-18-2009, 10:45 AM
I have a friend who works in the music biz. He told me the following bands will definitely play Mayhem Fest in 2010:

Korn
Rob Zombie
Lamb of God
In This Moment
Hatebreed
Chimaira
Winds of Plague

He also said that 5FDP, As I Lay Dying, Skeletonwitch, & Shadows Fall were all trying to secure a slot on the festival but he wasn't sure if any of those bands will make it onto the festival or not.

hmm that would be pretty cool. Korn's new album should be great as producer for the first 2 albums, Ross Robbinson, is producing the new album. he says it sounds like where they would've left off after the 2nd album so i'm highly anticipating that.

i've always wanted to see Rob Zombie. i'm eh about In This Moment. i hear Hatebreed puts on a great show whether you like them or not. Chimaira puts on a pretty good show. i don't like Winds of Plague but of course there has to be one one deathcore band each year (SS, Whitechapel). and that'd be awesome if AILD, Skeletonwitch and Shadows Fall were on the lineup. i think Arch Enemy, Darkest Hour, and DevilDriver would be great additions too as they all just released new albums in the past few months.

IrritatedTrout
12-18-2009, 11:29 AM

Korn
Rob Zombie
Lamb of God
In This Moment
Hatebreed
Chimaira
Winds of Plague

I'd be ok with this if it was true, I hated how there were a handful of good bands last year (Behemoth, CC, Slayer) that tempted me to spend a bunch of money and go. With a lineup like this it won't be an issue.

DethMaiden
12-18-2009, 11:37 AM

Korn
Rob Zombie
Lamb of God
In This Moment
Hatebreed
Chimaira
Winds of Plague

Holy shit. Is there a reason people would go to this? I guess on the bright side this lineup keeps nine bad bands (everyone but Rob Zombie and Skeletonwitch, durr) off good tours for the summer.

b1indedbyfear
12-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I would probably go to this because a lawn swat will be cheap and I like big all day shows.

mankvill
12-18-2009, 01:31 PM

Korn
Rob Zombie
Lamb of God
In This Moment
Hatebreed
Chimaira
Winds of Plague

Oh man. I've spent close to see $30 to see Napalm Death witha bunch of crappy bands. I dunno if I can do more than that just for Skeletonwitch...

Jochen
12-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Pretty bad lineup. Rob Zombie and Lamb of God would be cool, but that's about it.

mastodon421
12-18-2009, 02:24 PM

Korn
Rob Zombie
Lamb of God
In This Moment
Hatebreed
Chimaira
Winds of Plague

I am proably the only idiot on here that would be excited for this lineup.

b_halperin
12-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Excited for:
Lamb of God
Skeletonwitch
Hatebreed
Chimaira

The rest are either interchangable or they suck.

SerpentineVIVIVI
12-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Excited for:
Lamb of God
Skeletonwitch
Hatebreed
Chimaira

The rest are either interchangable or they suck.

Take out Hatebreed and out in Rob Zombie and that's what I'm excited for. Definitely a meh lineup overall.

tdunks523
12-19-2009, 10:43 PM
id like to see as i lay dying and shadows fall on it. thatd be cool

TonyD
12-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Pretty bad lineup. Rob Zombie and Lamb of God would be cool, but that's about it.

+1
Korn, Rob Zombie, Judas Priest, Stone Sour For main stage

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZ6tvqhk8U)

makethemsuffer12
12-20-2009, 05:47 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing that lineup only if it came to Long Island again. I would never go out of my way for this like I did for Mayhem 09 (Long Island to Hartford).

DisasterPiece120
12-20-2009, 09:27 AM
I am proably the only idiot on here that would be excited for this lineup.

no i'm excited i enjoy most of those bands. would definately be cool to see Shadows Fall again

IrritatedTrout
12-20-2009, 10:35 AM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZ6tvqhk8U)

:lol: