PDA

View Full Version : Baroness

illninoese
11-20-2009, 10:28 AM
If anyone is going to any of the current shows on the tour, could you please post the setlist? Thanks

Natrlhi
11-20-2009, 02:10 PM
If anyone is going to any of the current shows on the tour, could you please post the setlist? Thanks

I second that. I'm going next Tuesday, so hurry the fuck up! :D

Natrlhi
11-20-2009, 02:17 PM
DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE...looky looky what I just found on setlist.fm:

Baroness Concert at Rock and Roll Hotel, Washington, DC, USA Setlist on November 18, 2009
Bullhead's Lament
The Sweetest Curse
Jake Leg
Machine Gun (Jimi Hendrix cover) :eek:
Isak
A Horse Called Golgotha
The Birthing
Steel That Sleeps the Eye
Swollen and Halo
Wanderlust
Red Sky
Grad
Coeur
Tower Falls

Holy SHIT is this an incredible set list. I don't know if this is accurate or not, but crikey that is a fucking good list if it is. They're playing damn near all of the Blue Record (sans filler tracks, although I will miss The Gnashing if it's absent), plus the best of the Red Album and EP stuff to boot. Plus a Jimi Hendrix cover? Really?!?

Shit, I really can't wait to see this show, now... :drool:

P.S. - Brad, you fucked up - you should be going to this for your birthday in lieu of Rob Zombie.

ADD
11-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Tower Falls!!!!! :rocker: Still their best song I think. Sick their doing Coeur too, now I'm really stoked to see them. They did part of Machine Gun at the beginning of Isak over the summer too, it's probably the same little snippet and not the whole song.

idrinkwine732
11-20-2009, 02:30 PM
..... :drool:

That is an awesome setlist.

DethMaiden
11-20-2009, 02:43 PM

Baroness Concert at Rock and Roll Hotel, Washington, DC, USA Setlist on November 18, 2009
Bullhead's Lament
The Sweetest Curse
Jake Leg
Isak
A Horse Called Golgotha
The Birthing
Swollen and Halo
Wanderlust
Red Sky
Grad
Coeur
Tower Falls

Holy SHIT is this an incredible set list. I don't know if this is accurate or not, but crikey that is a fucking good list if it is. They're playing damn near all of the Blue Record (sans filler tracks, although I will miss The Gnashing if it's absent), plus the best of the Red Album and EP stuff to boot. Plus a Jimi Hendrix cover? Really?!?

P.S. - Brad, you fucked up - you should be going to this for your birthday in lieu of Rob Zombie.

I'll admit that's a pretty fucking rad setlist, but I can still justify driving 1.5 hours to Columbus for what I know is going to be a great show over the 3 to Detroit where I don't want to be ever anyways.

Natrlhi
11-20-2009, 02:46 PM
I'll admit that's a pretty fucking rad setlist, but I can still justify driving 1.5 hours to Columbus for what I know is going to be a great show over the 3 to Detroit where I don't want to be ever anyways.

Fair enough, but I'll be sure to rub it in nevertheless. ;)

Also, Earthless and U.S. Christmas are both sounding like they will be a good time, too (especially the latter). :D

Beernf
11-20-2009, 04:51 PM
What a ridiculous set list. I am seeing these guys in 2 weeks and if its anything like that I will come away with my mind blown.

illninoese
11-20-2009, 05:50 PM

Bullhead's Lament
The Sweetest Curse
Jake Leg
Isak
A Horse Called Golgotha
The Birthing
Swollen and Halo
Wanderlust
Red Sky
Grad
Coeur
Tower Falls

HOLY FUCK!!!! This is an amazing set!! I'm pissed I have to wait like 3 and 1/2 weeks to see this show.

Natrlhi
11-20-2009, 09:04 PM
I just made a playlist out of the above, and it's just over an hour. If Baroness jams out a few of the songs (which they tend to do live), then we might be in for like a seventy or eighty minute set, boys and girls. Fucking sweet.

Plus, Earthless is pretty rad, too - I downloaded two of their albums and burned them for pre-show prep purposes - and U.S. Christmas sounds like they will be fun, as well. Tuesday can't come fast enough...:lovedup:

illninoese
11-21-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm kind of curious about t-shirt prices and merch overall. I will buy a tour shirt if they have it and another shirt if the design is cool enough but I'm looking to get a hoodie too, if they have them. I'm just wondering if they have them.

JRA
11-22-2009, 04:37 PM
No Rays on Pinion? Fuck that shit.

Natrlhi
11-22-2009, 05:46 PM
No Rays on Pinion? Fuck that shit.

Yeah, you're right. The whole setlist sucks donkey balls. You'd better stay home. :rolleyes:

JRA
11-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah, you're right. The whole setlist sucks donkey balls. You'd better stay home. :rolleyes:

Well at this point I'd rather hear it than Grad. That song is so grindingly boring.

HellhammerMario
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM
"Grad" rules live! Although I am a little bummed about the absence of "Rise" and "Ray on Pinion" on this tour. Curious to see how the new stuff translates live, but the tour isn't coming anywhere near here. :bouville:

Natrlhi
11-22-2009, 08:25 PM
"Grad" rules live! Although I am a little bummed about the absence of "Rise" and "Ray on Pinion" on this tour. Curious to see how the new stuff translates live, but the tour isn't coming anywhere near here. :bouville:

:agree: Grad is really good live.

Natrlhi
11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Bullhead's Lament
The Sweetest Curse
Jake Leg
Isak
A Horse Called Golgotha
The Birthing
Swollen and Halo
Wanderlust
Red Sky
Grad
Coeur
Tower Falls

Here is another one, for comparison:

Baroness Concert at The Middle East Downstairs, Cambridge, MA, USA Setlist on November 21, 2009
Bullhead's Psalm (I suspect this was the case at the above show, and the person posting the set list just f'ed up...)
The Sweetest Curse
Jake Leg
Machine Gun (Jimi Hendrix cover)
Isak
A Horse Called Golgotha
The Birthing
Swollen and Halo
Wanderlust
Red Sky
The Gnashing :rocker::rocker::rocker:
Grad
Encore:
Tower Falls

Essentially the same, but including "The Gnashing"!!! However, "Coeur" was deleted - I'm not down with that, as that's another awesome song (one of the best from their EP's). Still - awesome set with or without "Rays on Pinion" (ya can't have everything, after all - and I wouldn't complain about a set list this good no matter what). :fist:

ADD
11-22-2009, 10:11 PM
:bouville: The Gnashing is a rad jam but Coeur adds some needed variety to the set. Hope they do that one here, or ideally do em both and forget Jake Leg :agree:

Pacman
11-23-2009, 08:39 AM
What a ridiculous set list. I am seeing these guys in 2 weeks and if its anything like that I will come away with my mind blown.

You said it man. Cant wait for this show.

Natrlhi
11-23-2009, 09:03 AM
:bouville: The Gnashing is a rad jam but Coeur adds some needed variety to the set. Hope they do that one here, or ideally do em both and forget Jake Leg :agree:

Better yet, do 'em both and leave Jake Leg in, too. :D

Man, there's no love for that poor song on this forum, it seems. I don't mind it - it's punky and kinda cool to me, in a Torchey kinda way (then again, there's a fair amount of anti-love for Torche going around, too...).

jhdeity
11-23-2009, 10:48 AM
I could have gone to the opening night of this tour but had no idea where or what the Rock and Roll Hotel was in DC. I was offered a ticket if I drove and because of the shitty weather, lack of knowledge of the place and an hour drive I bailed. Had I seen this setlist I would have gone.

Add me to the list on anti-jake leg fans and a few more of Red would be nice but still. Machine Gun is 12+ minutes. I'm assuming they did a shorter version but still a cool cover choice.

I had no idea these guys used to be Johnny Welfare. I remember calling them a poor man's Clutch back in the day. How far they've come...

illninoese
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
If the crowd makes enough ruckus about Couer being cut from the set (if they don't play it and did indeed replace it with The Gnashing), they will probably play it. I've noticed that at the past couple of shows I've went too. Get enough people to make enough noise and beg them to play 1 or 2 more songs, and they might do it.

It happened at the Threat Signal and DevilDriver shows I went to this summer. The setlist ended and we got 2 extra songs at both shows.

DethMaiden
11-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Better yet, do 'em both and leave Jake Leg in, too. :D

Man, there's no love for that poor song on this forum, it seems. I don't mind it - it's punky and kinda cool to me, in a Torchey kinda way (then again, there's a fair amount of anti-love for Torche going around, too...).

It IS a fucking Torche song is the problem. I don't dislike it but it ain't Baroness.

Natrlhi
11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
It IS a fucking Torche song is the problem. I don't dislike it but it ain't Baroness.

Yeah, we've already been over this (in fact, that's where I got the idea for the comparison). ;)

Like I said before, sounding like Torche for a minute isn't necessarily a bad thing in my book. You could almost make the argument that the entire Blue Record doesn't "sound like Baroness", because it's really a bit different from what they've done before. It is certainly different from Red Album.

But hey - at the end of the day, what rocks, rocks, and what sucks, sucks. I don't care too much about comparisons between bands or between albums by a band. Me just likey what me likey - and me likey the Leg of the Jake variety just fine, spank you. :fist:

DethMaiden
11-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Yeah, we've already been over this (in fact, that's where I got the idea for the comparison). ;)

Like I said before, sounding like Torche for a minute isn't necessarily a bad thing in my book. You could almost make the argument that the entire Blue Record doesn't "sound like Baroness", because it's really a bit different from what they've done before. It is certainly different from Red Album.

But hey - at the end of the day, what rocks, rocks, and what sucks, sucks. I don't care too much about comparisons between bands or between albums by a band. Me just likey what me likey - and me likey the Leg of the Jake variety just fine, spank you. :fist:

Doesn't bug me really, I'd just trade it out for Rays on Pinion or The Gnashing in a heartbeat. Still a solid set, still sucks that they're playing Detroit tomorrow night and I'm not going. Also, Blue Record is definitely sneaking into my top 10. A track or two that I don't like as well as the rest, but on the whole a mostly worthy follow up to Red Album. And I disagree that this isn't a "Baroness record". I think it's the essential "Baroness record". I like Red Album more but the influences overpower even the strongest parts. Blue Record (except for on Jake Leg) sounds like no one but Baroness.

Natrlhi
11-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Doesn't bug me really, I'd just trade it out for Rays on Pinion or The Gnashing in a heartbeat. Still a solid set, still sucks that they're playing Detroit tomorrow night and I'm not going. Also, Blue Record is definitely sneaking into my top 10. A track or two that I don't like as well as the rest, but on the whole a mostly worthy follow up to Red Album. And I disagree that this isn't a "Baroness record". I think it's the essential "Baroness record". I like Red Album more but the influences overpower even the strongest parts. Blue Record (except for on Jake Leg) sounds like no one but Baroness.

Au contraire, mon frere - I never said that I believe Blue Record doesn't sound like a Baroness record, I said that one could make that argument (in other words, someone could make the case, but I don't buy into it personally). I agree with you. It's the quintessential Baroness. I was only making the observation that if you compare it to Red, you could fool yourself into believing they had changed styles, when in fact they've completely come into their own on Blue.

In the meantime, I am listening to the setlist on my PC right now, aglow with the knowledge that at roughly this time tomorrow night, I will basking in the fury that is Baroness. Fucking. A. Right. Bitches.

Nat
:horns:

TonyD
11-23-2009, 08:39 PM
After looking through this thread, what Tony has to say:
They're definitely NOT playing more than a minute of Machine Gun.
Grad might be their best song live.
I would take Coeur over Jake Leg in a heartbeat.
No Rays kinda sucks.

Natrlhi
11-23-2009, 08:42 PM
^ I don't disagree with a single word of this. :D

TonyD
11-23-2009, 08:54 PM
You never do lol

Natrlhi
11-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Check out my set list for the 11-24-09 show in Detroit, just posted in a separate thread (full gig report was also added further down the page).