PDA

View Full Version : Russian Circles -- Los Angeles, CA -- November 14th, 2009

Beernf
11-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Russian Circles at the Echoplex in Los Angeles, CA. Totally great show. The dudes ripped through 7 songs and basically everyone wanted more.
1 Harper Lewis
2 Station
3 Malko
4 Philos
5 Death Rides A Horse
6 Geneva
7 Carpe

Third time seeing them, previously twice on the Station tour. Better light show than previous tours, equally as awesome performance though. The Geneva tunes were really great live. Every time Dave Turncranz gets on the drums its like he is caged lightning. I fully expect him to just lose it and blast us all to hell.

MPF
11-16-2009, 02:27 PM
That's a badass setlist!

MetalIsArt
11-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Unknown to me. ;):horns:

But if it's any good...

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Russian Circles is mind-blowingly awesome live.

Check out their MySpace page for samples.
If you like that, obtain a copy of one of their albums (all three are excellent).
If you like that, you definitely have to go see them live. You won't be disappointed.

MetalIsArt
11-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Russian Circles is mind-blowingly awesome live.

Check out their MySpace page for samples.
If you like that, obtain a copy of one of their albums (all three are excellent).
If you like that, you definitely have to go see them live. You won't be disappointed.

Thx! Easy to get in Europe?

Natrlhi
11-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Thx! Easy to get in Europe?

Couldn't really say - you'd probably have to mail order it from the States. They've been on Flameshovel (Enter - their 1st LP), Suicide Squeeze (Station - their 2nd), and Sargent House (currently). I don't think any of those have distros in Europe (although I could be mistaken).

You could always purchase the mp3's from Amazon, if you wanted to go the strictly legit route...their packaging is really very simple and not really the main idea of buying the album (to me). (Update: You could buy the digital versions of all three albums for $23 total on Amazon...what a deal! :D)

smearCampaign
11-17-2009, 06:04 PM
That sounds like a great set. I'll be missing the Detroit show on 11/27 due to previous plans, but at least I get to see Pelican the next night.