PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrisy and the USA

John The Drummer
11-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I decided to do it here.

Any word on what is going on with getting them here? I heard that Horgh and Mikael made it in okay... but Peter is stuck over there still because they messed up on the spelling of his name. :bouville:

Spiral_Slave
11-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Okay, I'm pretty sure this is the skinny of it. Peter wasn't able to make it into the US due to some stupid detail regarding his name on his visa. Horg and Mikael were riding around with Ensiferum for a few of the first dates on the tour, hoping they'd be able to play some eventually, and Alexi Laiho was waiting in LA but word is now that they have all left the country.

JuuKun
11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
HYPOCRISY, the Swedish extreme metal band led by guitarist/vocalist Peter Tägtgren (also of PAIN), has issued the following statement in regards to its previously announced tour with ENSIFERUM and its current troubles with U.S. immigration:

"We regretfully have to officially announce the cancelation of our tour in North America. We've tried everything so far and it seems like the process will take longer than expected for one of the members in the band. We will try to come back as soon as possible, as we want to show our U.S. fans that we care for them and we are ready to play the new songs live!"

mankvill
11-17-2009, 12:35 PM
SO LAME.

Hypocrisy has been over here a million billion times.

idrinkwine732
11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Aw fuck I was hoping they'd be here on Thursday...I'll catch em next time around.

GWAR654
11-18-2009, 06:37 AM
that does suck big time. Thank god im not going to the show when it hits chicago. Id only be going for hypocrisy. I wouldve been pissed the fuck off

ImmortalEmperor
11-18-2009, 10:22 AM
that does suck big time. Thank god im not going to the show when it hits chicago. Id only be going for hypocrisy. I wouldve been pissed the fuck off

Yeah, its basically gotten to the point where you have to wait until the tour has started up before you buy tickets. I've been stung way too many times the last year or so. I always buy tickets early on but I'm done doing that - Hypocrisy was the band I paid to see. At least Seattle is usually toward the end of most tours and extreme metal shows almost never sell out up here so the wait and see approach shouldn't affect us as much as those of you in other parts of the country.