PDA

View Full Version : Vote For Your Favorite Album of 2009!

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 04:49 PM
My internet radio show, When Prog and Power Unite is holding our second-annual Album of the Year poll on our website. My cohost and I pick a bunch of our personal favorites from the year, and ask everyone to participate in voting for their favorite. The winning album will receive a special featuring on our year-end broadcast on Monday, December 28th!

As usual, I'm sure many of you have favorite albums that did not make our list, especially given the tastes of this board. The list is more or less just 5 favorites from both my cohost and I, so naturally there is tons of great, notable stuff left off, even within our musical format. I'd appreciate people refraining from overly negative comments about not including albums. Just please pick your favorite of those we have chosen. Your support and participation is appreciated!!!

The poll is located here:
http://www.wpapu.com

Div
11-15-2009, 05:24 PM
cant say ive even heard 3/4ths of those albums or liked them very much. is there anything youd like me to vote for to boost someone? :D

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 05:29 PM
cant say ive even heard 3/4ths of those albums or liked them very much. is there anything youd like me to vote for to boost someone? :D

Honestly I'd just say don't vote for the Dream Theater album. Considering my cohost is a moderator on the Dream Theater forum and naturally posted this there, it will get FAR too many fanboy votes. The Redemption album is my personal pick for album of the year and a has a good shot to win, so I say pick that if you're just picking for the fuck of it.

mankvill
11-15-2009, 05:48 PM
I voted Dream Thea-I mean, uh, I haven't voted yet...

Wizzbang11
11-15-2009, 06:01 PM
I haven't heard any of those albums, but I can't say I really listen to prog or power metal.

JuuKun
11-15-2009, 06:34 PM
I voted for Riverside.

ChildrenofSodom
11-15-2009, 06:36 PM
I voted for Redemption. It is beating Dream Theater.

illninoese
11-15-2009, 07:17 PM
I voted for Riverside.

Same here. Their new album was amazing. I'm surprised Porcupine Tree or Indukti didn't make that poll......

SomewhereInTime72
11-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I've only heard like 2 and a half of those albums.

Voted Redemption because it was easily the best of the ones that I have heard. :cool:

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 09:44 PM

Voted Redemption because it was easily the best of the ones that I have heard. :cool:

Out of curiosity, what was the other album and a half?

SomewhereInTime72
11-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Out of curiosity, what was the other album and a half?

Dream Theater and Transatlantic. I guess it's natural that I'd end up listening to them, when I know so many people who have a boner for Portnoy. :eyes:

What I heard from the Transatlantic album, which I've had neither the time nor patience to make through (it's kind of a behemoth, yknow?), was vastly superior to the Dream Theater album, though. I was a bit surprised since I had kinda expected it to be the usual (imo getting stale) modern prog thing. But yeah, compared to those two Redemption definitely took the cake. :D

edit: the Shadow Gallery and Machines of Grace albums are both on my "hopefully get around to listening to" list.

Maiden33
11-15-2009, 10:06 PM
God damn it the people on the ProgPower board can be a bunch of elitist asses. I bothered to post an entire spiel about how I understand our choices were OUR favorites, and there weren't a ton of options, please don't bitch about your personal favorite not being listed, etc, etc. And I still have had a whole bunch of people whining about everything they can find wrong with it.

Div
11-15-2009, 10:36 PM

same.