PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- Grand Rapids, MI -- November 14th, 2009

maidenpriest
11-14-2009, 11:37 PM
source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130399

01. 1,320'
02. Wake Up Dead
03. Hangar 18
04. Skin O' My Teeth
05. Head Crusher
06. She-Wolf
07. In My Darkest Hour
08. Take No Prisoners
09. Rattlehead
10. Kick The Chair
11. Sweating Bullets
12. Tornado Of Souls
13. Ashes In Your Mouth
14. Devil's Island
15. Symphony Of Destruction
16. Peace Sells
----------------
17. Holy Wars

mankvill
11-14-2009, 11:43 PM
i am okay with this.:allan:

kevindeets
11-14-2009, 11:46 PM
I was at this show also. Here is Machine Head's setlist:

Imperium
Seasons Wither
Ten Ton Hammer
Struck a Nerve
Beautiful Mourning
Halo
Davidian

Butcher of Birth
11-15-2009, 12:21 AM
I'm most excited about this actually: "I will be waiting for you each night after we play and we (me) will be autographing records for you at our merchandise booth to support MEGADETH somehow at these shows."

Hell Yes! No needing to pay for Meet-n-Greet! :rocker:

300%_Density
11-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Pretty excited about this setlist but just like Canadian dates w/ Slayer I'm surprised by the like of new material. Especially if he is trying to sell CD's at the show. This is my first time seeing Megadeth so I'm ok w/ the setlist but I figured others might be more interested in seeing more than 2 new tracks. Eh it's early, maybe he may switch some songs out, who knows? Still a sweet setlist!!!

metal01
11-15-2009, 02:31 AM
anyone have the rest of the setlists?

TonyD
11-15-2009, 03:14 AM
For once I want to hear more new stuff, and only 2 new songs. All together 4 songs not played on the last 3 tours.

MH is figuring ways to weaken their 30-45 minute sets on the 3rd year of Blackening support without a headlining tour.

anyone have the rest of the setlists?

You mean super cool new band Suicide Silence?

Break Down (Go Ahead, Give it to Me)
No Core-turd
Dissonant A-breakdown
Bludgeoned to Deathcore
--- Encore Breakdown
Fuck It, Why Not Another Breakdown

I'm almost happy that this leg is skipping California and they won't be back until the second leg or Gigantour with a few new songs and better openers.

makethemsuffer12
11-15-2009, 05:50 AM
Ehh. Still only two songs off of Endgame, and 1320 is a fucking lame opener if you ask me (then again it's my least favorite song on the album). Otherwise it's a good set, especially since they put Ashes In Your Mouth back in there.

Maidenmagic
11-15-2009, 07:02 AM
I still don't have Endgame (I have all the other ones) so I wouldn't recognize
1,320. Most bands are cautious in playing too much new material. Maiden and Metallica are another story. It's good that their confident in their songs. I still think MD should play more stuff from Youthasia (Elysian fields, Addicted to Chaos etc.)

IrritatedTrout
11-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Kinda disappointment in the set for the fact that I've heard all these damn songs before with the exception of 4. Dave talks so highly of his new album so why not play more from it? Also, didn't he promise to play Five Magics?:flame:

Also, fuck Kick the Chair. Used to be my favorite song off of TSHF but, goddamn, has Dave spammed it to death.

The record signing thing is pretty cool of him to do though.

Fires Of Sedition
11-15-2009, 08:20 AM
You mean super cool new band Suicide Silence?

Break Down (Go Ahead, Give it to Me)
No Core-turd
Dissonant A-breakdown
Bludgeoned to Deathcore
--- Encore Breakdown
Fuck It, Why Not Another Breakdown

I'm pretty sure White Chapel's setlist is very similar to this.

es156
11-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I am fairly disappointed that they are only playing 2 new songs. I thought they would play at least 4. Other than that, it is a great set and I am sure it will be a great show.

Sanitarium78
11-15-2009, 09:50 AM
I would say take out KTC and SW and play some more off the new album. Those two songs don't have to be in there like some other ones. Same with WUD I know it's been a staple for years and it's an OK tune i've just never understood why it's always in there Dave could drop that for a tour and do something new instead.

Opening with 1,320 is an intresting choice. I though for sure if Dave was gonna open with a new one it would be DC/TDWF! I think that might sound better at the opening spot than 1,320.

It's still a good set but just a few minor changes and it could be a little better.

Butcher of Birth
11-15-2009, 10:47 AM
01. Endgame
02. 1,320
03. Hangar 18
04. Skin O' My Teeth
05. Head Crusher
06. She-Wolf
07. In My Darkest Hour
08. 44 Minutes
09. Rattlehead
10. Take No Prisoners
11. Sweating Bullets
12. Tornado Of Souls
13. Ashes In Your Mouth
14. Devil's Island
16. Peace Sells
----------------
17. Holy Wars

There I like that better. I would love to see this one. The second leg will be better I strongly believe.

JRA
11-15-2009, 11:01 AM
01. 1,320'
02. Wake Up Dead
03. Hangar 18
04. Sweating Bullets
05. Head Crusher
06. She-Wolf
07. In My Darkest Hour
08. The Skull Beneath The Skin
09. Rattlehead
10. Looking Down The Cross
11. Tornado Of Souls
12. Ashes In Your Mouth
13. Rust In Peace
14. My Last Words
16. Peace Sells
----------------
17. Holy Wars

...and THAT is what I call, a setlist

IrritatedTrout
11-15-2009, 11:51 AM
The second leg will be better I strongly believe.

I hadn't thought of that, maybe they're doing mostly old stuff because many in these markets don't normally get Deth concerts.

TonyD
11-15-2009, 11:56 AM
I hadn't thought of that, maybe they're doing mostly old stuff because many in these markets don't normally get Deth concerts.

I don't think that's why, because those 2 new songs are the only ones they have played live at all.

IMO

1. Dialectic Chaos/This Day We Fight
2. 1,320
x. Headcrusher
-----
y. Endgame
z. Holy Wars

Butcher of Birth
11-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Florida usually gets a lot of Megadeth Concerts. We got 3 Shows for Gigantour 1 and 2 each, and I wanna say 2-3 Shows during "Tour of Duty". But yeah, like Tony said, they've only played these 2, 1,320 most recently added. I think after the Holiday break when people get Endgame as a gift (;)) they will break out more of the new record. They prob just want to get out on tour in the US and say "Hey, we're here!" and the next tour, the people who didn't make the 1st leg will go to the second leg and then Megadeth will bust out the newer stuff to sell the album in the 1st Quarter of 2010.

IMO. haha

andrew_metalhead
11-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Yea I'm seeing this tour in Vegas but I hope the set list changes for the 2nd leg when they come to California.

According to James LoMenzo they were supposed to play Hook In Mouth and The Conjuring.

James LoMenzo has issued the following update: "I was just sittin' in my little Bass Cave at the house rippin' through some old Megadeth classics, some of this stuff I'd of course heard but hadn't ever played before. Songs like **** ** ***** and *** ********* ah, but why spoil the surprise. I'm really looking forward to getting some of these out of "mothballs" and back on stage for the coming tour along with some of the new stuff from Endgame of course."

IrritatedTrout
11-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I saw that. He said they were supposed to do 44 Minutes as well.

Butcher of Birth
11-15-2009, 12:34 PM
I just hope my date gets Black Friday, because I'm seeing them on... Black Friday.

illninoese
11-15-2009, 08:11 PM
"Please remember that I am going to be doing my best to do this for us all, although I should NOT have to do this in order to sell my new record." - Dave Mustaine

So he's saying he doesn't have to even come out to sign stuff or meet the fans, but people say things they don't mean to every now and then......even though he has been saying some pretty egotistical shit lately.

But, I just read another person's review, and if you buy the Endgame album at the merch table, you get to meet Dave after the show. They didn't say how much but yeah.

Does anyone have the Machine Head setlist? I'm dying to know what they played after seeing Struck A Nerve on the off-headlining show.

JRA
11-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Yea I'm seeing this tour in Vegas but I hope the set list changes for the 2nd leg when they come to California.

According to James LoMenzo they were supposed to play Hook In Mouth and The Conjuring.

James LoMenzo has issued the following update: "I was just sittin' in my little Bass Cave at the house rippin' through some old Megadeth classics, some of this stuff I'd of course heard but hadn't ever played before. Songs like **** ** ***** and *** ********* ah, but why spoil the surprise. I'm really looking forward to getting some of these out of "mothballs" and back on stage for the coming tour along with some of the new stuff from Endgame of course."

RUST IN PEACE?!? FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFU CKFUCK

Butcher of Birth
11-15-2009, 08:48 PM
So he's saying he doesn't have to even come out to sign stuff or meet the fans.

Well I'm not too sure that bands like Metallica, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Slayer, etc. are outside of their concerts like most other bands we see today, ya know? He knows his band isn't just some band, that they are Megadeth. He knows that he shouldn't have to go out of his way to promote his own stuff, because all the bands I listed don't have to either. Megadeth is a big band, they play to both big crowds and small clubs.

Over their career, Megadeth has had (by my count) 5 Top Ten Records and 4 Top Ten "Mainstream Rock" Singles, and by that measure they shouldn't have to Self-Promote any record. I might not like Metallica, but I know it isn't Metallica's job to promote their album outside of Touring. The Label needs to do their work, and we all know how great Roadrunner is with their Artists.

Megadeth is my favorite band yes, but I know Frankie, you'll see my point.

illninoese
11-15-2009, 09:11 PM
I agree with you. Roadrunner fucking sucks when it comes to promoting bands that it doesn't have it's spotlight on. They lost Chimaira, 36 Crazyfists, Ill Nino, Fear Factory, and alot of other bands thanks to that.

But when any band stays after to sign stuff, they don't make an announcement like "We DON'T have to be out here but we are because we want to promote our stuff." Out of all the bands that I have met, no one has even remotely thought that. I can guarantee it.

It's just kind of pathetic that he has to say something along those lines, instead of just saying, hey our new record is out! I'm going to sign stuff after the show.

vs.

Hey, I'm going to be signing stuff after the show because my record isn't being promoted so I feel like this will promote it better. BUT, FYI, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE DOING THIS.

Jochen
11-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Not a bad setlist, but nothing new. I'm seeing them in Milwaukee on Tuesday and I really doubt anything special (Conjuring, Black Friday, etc.) will added by then or even during this leg of the tour. They've been doing this for years, saying "oh yeah, we're adding this song, and rehearsing these songs," and they either don't make it or when they do make it, it's at the end of the leg (ex. Tour of Duty '07). Of all the songs they claimed to have been rehearsing and considering for the setlists, the only ones they've actually done in the past 4 years were Rattlehead and Ashes in Your Mouth.

Fires Of Sedition
11-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Does anyone have the Machine Head setlist? I'm dying to know what they played after seeing Struck A Nerve on the off-headlining show.

First page yo!

I was at this show also. Here is Machine Head's setlist:

Imperium
Seasons Wither
Ten Ton Hammer
Struck a Nerve
Beautiful Mourning
Halo
Davidian

illninoese
11-16-2009, 09:04 AM
HELL YEAH!!!!!! Both Season Wither and Stuck A Nerve :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Butcher of Birth
11-16-2009, 09:29 AM
HELL YEAH!!!!!! Both Season Wither and Stuck A Nerve :rocker::rocker::rocker:

We are gonna hit this soooo fast now! B-b-b-ballin'!

Sanitarium78
11-16-2009, 10:15 AM
I didn't know that the promotion for the album was that bad. Dave is right though he shouldn't have to do that stuff after shows it's not his job. The lable is suppose to promote Endgame in the ways Mustaine can't. I'm surprised he's never considered starting his own lable i would think he's got the money to do that and it seems like something someone like him would've done by now. If he's gotta promote the stuff like this himself than he might as well just start his own record company since that's basically what he's doing now.

What I don't get is if he's disappointed with the promotion why not take the Iron Maiden approach and play the shit out of your new album live? If you mix the set right between Endgame and the old stuff it will still be a solid set and you'll let the fans know who don't have the album yet that you got a very good new album out that you are proud of.

If Dave were to do that the set could go something like this:

Dialectic Chaos/This Day We Fight!
Headcrusher
Hangar 18
Skin O' My Teeth
44 mins
How The Story Ends
The Conjuring
Tornado Of Souls
Bite The Hand
Bodies
In My Darkest Hour
A Toute Le Monde
The Right To Go Insane
Endgame

Peace Sells
Symphony Of Destruction
Holy Wars

Not much in the way of variety with the old stuff but if Dave really wants to promote the album a set like this would be good. Plus since the new album does rock even the people who aren't familiar with Endgame should respond favorably to it.

bt11763
11-16-2009, 06:37 PM
We are gonna hit this soooo fast now! B-b-b-ballin'!

i got to see them headline : )