PDA

View Full Version : Machine Head -- Farmingdale, NY -- November 12th, 2009

bt11763
11-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Only showed up in time for MH, first time seeing them. Un-fucking-believable. I'll probably do a review later, here's the set:

Imperium
Ten Ton Hammer
Beautiful Mourning
Wolves
None But My Own
Aesthetics of Hate
Old
The Burning Red
Seasons Wither
Bulldozer
Struck a Nerve

--------------------

Halo
Davidian

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

TonyD
11-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Unleash the Wolves

:|

bt11763
11-12-2009, 10:37 PM
is that a good : | or a bad : |

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Wow, angry they rescheduled this now :bouville:

And its called "Wolves".

x-voltage
11-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Love the set, and love that they get to play a full set finally. And it's called just Wolves.

Fires Of Sedition
11-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Bad ass set. No complaints. Could use A Farewell To Arms and Clenching The Fists Of Dissent though. Hope they play this on the Wreck The Halls 3 Tour.

I'M GONNA SEE YOU BLEEDING, FACE DOWN IN THE DIRT, I'M GONNA GIVE YOU BACK WHAT YOU'VE TAKEN WITH HURT, YOU COWARD, I'M GONNA SPIT, RIGHT INTO YOUR FACE.

makethemsuffer12
11-13-2009, 02:36 AM
Wow, angry they rescheduled this now :bouville:

And its called "Wolves".

Same :( And I only live 15 minutes from the place too.

Fires Of Sedition
11-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Oh...this was their only headlining date...I won't get to see all of these songs...FUCK

jhdeity
11-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Am I the only one who wonders how huge Machine Head would be if they didn't even make The Burning Red or Supercharger?

How this band isn't headlining medium to large scale arenas and selling them out is beyond me. I'm watching The Blackening DVD now and am in awe.

I haven't driven more than an hour to see a band in years but I would for them... and I'll probably have to which sucks!

Nickweiser
11-13-2009, 09:09 AM
god damnit and of course no US headline tour. great setlist. Hopefully when their new album is out that is the first thing they do

bt11763
11-13-2009, 09:14 AM
oh my bad i was tired.

yeah i was really pissed when it was moved but there was no way in hell i was gonna miss it.

OffbeatNixHex
11-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Headlining tour for this record was over 2 years ago. Struck a nerve. Amazing song!

bt11763
11-13-2009, 10:15 AM
FUCK im an idiot descend the shades of night was the burning red i fixed it sorry

illninoese
11-13-2009, 10:52 AM
GOD DAMN!!!! Struck A Nerve!!!!!! I hope they keep that in there set for the upcoming tour. I would love to hear that live.

Fires Of Sedition
11-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Am I the only one who wonders how huge Machine Head would be if they didn't even make The Burning Red or Supercharger?

How this band isn't headlining medium to large scale arenas and selling them out is beyond me. I'm watching The Blackening DVD now and am in awe.

I haven't driven more than an hour to see a band in years but I would for them... and I'll probably have to which sucks!

I wonder the same exact thing. Every time I listen to The Blackening I think "holy fucking shit, they need to headline a lot more often, this is amazing!"

makethemsuffer12
11-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Headlining tour for this record was over 2 years ago.

It was barely a headlining set though. They only played 8 songs and it lasted for about an hour.

bt11763
11-13-2009, 01:21 PM
i like the burning red but i agree with you on supercharger. neither of them compare to the blackening though. i think it all depends on the next album, but they definitely deserve more than they have

Sanitarium78
11-13-2009, 02:07 PM

I wonder that as well though I do think TBR actually sold pretty decent for them:confused: But you're right they should be bigger. They came back huge with TTAOE and The Blackening but still aren't getting the mainstream attention I think they deserve. They have the right sound it's just not the right year. If this were the late 80's or early 90's they would've been huge. Giving that they've been on Mayhem and have opened for Metallica, Megadeth and Heaven and Hell i'm surprised The Blackening hasn't at least reached gold status in the US yet. At least to my knowledge it hasn't I don't recall reading anything about it.

The set is solid but am I the only one who's thinking that since they're doing so few US headlining that they should do more than 13 songs? It seems a bit short to me. Since the headline gigs are so rare here I think they should go all out when they do have one and add in 4 or 5 more songs maybe that's just me though.

EchoesOfDecimation
11-13-2009, 08:21 PM
None But My Own
Bulldozer
Struck a Nerve

I knew they would play an amazing set because they were finally headlining. I should have done everything in my power to make it back to Long Island for this show. Goddammit, I won't let something like this slip past me again. Anyone who saw this show is a lucky bastard.

AnthG
11-14-2009, 08:43 AM

If you're trying to imply that MH would be more popular without those 2 albums, I have to disagree with you. Personal opinion on those 2 albums aside, they both sold far more copies (well, when you look at chart positions and how long the albums have been out) then Burn My Eyes and the More Things change. I don't see them as being any more or less popular without those 2 albums and releasing 2 albums that sounded just like the first 2 instead.

bt11763
11-14-2009, 02:51 PM
The set is solid but am I the only one who's thinking that since they're doing so few US headlining that they should do more than 13 songs? It seems a bit short to me. Since the headline gigs are so rare here I think they should go all out when they do have one and add in 4 or 5 more songs maybe that's just me though.

it seems small but you have to realize how much time that takes up. they were on for over an hour and a half. maybe add a song or two tops but it wasnt needed IMO.

jhdeity
11-14-2009, 05:36 PM
This is bad effin' ass:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=100995

Personally I'm not sure album sales tells the story. I thought Machine Head had a large, growing following and lost many fans during that period. They certainly didn't add many that's proven by the horrible sales of TTAOE which was far superior than those efforts. A shitton of fans came back because of that cd but it kills me that this band isn't even as big as clowns like Five Finger Death Punch. The Blackening sold more copies in 2 weeks than TTAOE has sold to date. Maybe after their next masterpiece they'll be headlining huge tours again.

TonyD
05-12-2010, 09:35 PM
is that a good : | or a bad : |

It's about time, but a bad :|
Wolves is the only song on the album I don't like.

mankvill
05-12-2010, 09:43 PM

NECROMANCER

BACK TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL FROM WHENCE YE CAME!

bt11763
05-12-2010, 09:45 PM

holy fucking shit dude

TonyD
05-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Oh yeah lol
This was linked to in the request-a-set forum
NECROMANCER

BACK TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL FROM WHENCE YE CAME!

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/dr-orpheus-picture.jpg

bt11763
05-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh yeah lol
This was linked to in the request-a-set forum

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/dr-orpheus-picture.jpg

:fist: