PDA

View Full Version : Sonata Arctica headlining North American tour 2010

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 07:18 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130185

The Philly show is on a Friday, and I probably will have a car for my second semester....Maiden33, would you go to this?

MPF
11-11-2009, 10:43 AM
I definitely want to make it to the MN show.

Maiden33
11-11-2009, 10:49 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130185

The Philly show is on a Friday, and I probably will have a car for my second semester....Maiden33, would you go to this?

Maybe, depends what you have in mind. You go to college in Binghamnton if I recall. If you are suggesting driving straight down to Philly via 81 south to 476 south and picking me up, I am game. If I know enough people who want to go along I might go for it, but my complete distaste for The Days of G(r)ays has me hesitant to spend $25 to see them.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Maybe, depends what you have in mind. You go to college in Binghamnton if I recall. If you are suggesting driving straight down to Philly via 81 south to 476 south and picking me up, I am game. If I know enough people who want to go along I might go for it, but my complete distaste for The Days of G(r)ays has me hesitant to spend $25 to see them.

I was informed that I can't have a car second semester, but a friend might be able to drive me down instead, and I'd be paying his gas so if we could organize something as to picking you up and such I would be down as well.

And come on, The Days of Grays isn't as bad as you portray it to be ;)

mastodon421
11-11-2009, 12:46 PM
I am not fan Of Sonata Arctica their not really my style but who the hell is Mutiny Within and why are they popping up on every tour?

DethMaiden
11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
They have NEVER played Columbus or Cincinnati or Indianapolis and they tour America twice a year.

b_halperin
11-11-2009, 06:43 PM
POWERGLOVE

Butcher of Birth
11-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Why... Apr. 30 - Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade, Is there a reason bands DON'T head one more state south of that? We are missing some good tours... God Damn It!

The Shows here rule too...

xStructualDefect
11-12-2009, 01:44 AM
i'll probably go to the hollywood show. i'm worried about the setlist though since i really did not like Unia and Days of Grays at all, and their setlist will probably be filled with it.

Maiden33
11-12-2009, 08:07 AM
i'll probably go to the hollywood show. i'm worried about the setlist though since i really did not like Unia and Days of Grays at all, and their setlist will probably be filled with it.

Yup, that's where I'm at. It's really hard to justify spending $25 to see half a setlist I enjoy. It's not just that I don't like the later stuff, but it's just such a drag compared to their older stuff in the live environment. Going from playing something like Black Sheep to anything off the new album (aside from Flag in the Ground) is just a joke really.

I think I've made up my mind, since the tours are only a few weeks apart, I will go see either this or Hammerfall. Both shows are at the same venue, and I have the same distaste for both bands post-2005. I'll have to think on this.

Fires Of Sedition
11-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Don't like Sonata Arctica. Mutiny Within are good when their vocalist isn't singing.

FUCKING POWERGLOVE!
:party:

EDIT:
Tickets are $15 here :)