PDA

View Full Version : Eluveitie -- St. Paul, MN -- November 9th, 2009

immortalkz
11-09-2009, 11:35 PM
because of the drive from my college to the cities i was debating if i should go to this show or not...ended up going (obviously) and it was way more fun that i expected

opening band Kivimetsan Druidi, never heard of them but they were fairly awesome, not a huge fan of the female singer they had but musically very folky and fun!

next was Vreid. I saw these guys about 2 years ago at Heathen Crusade 2 and i enjoyed what i heard...but for some reason i never listened to them on cd and now i have no choice to find some of there stuff since again i enjoyed there show and sound!

Alestorm was up and i dont care what anyone says i love these guys live! singing to there pirate songs are is always great times! here is there set:
1) The Quest
2) Wenches And Mead
3) That Famous Olí Spice
4) Nancy The Tavern Wench
5) Over The Seas
6) Keelhauled
7) Huntmaster
8) Captain Morganís Revenge
9) Wolves of The Sea

Next was Belphegor! i love the set they played and was very happy with there new songs they picked as well, setlist is as follows:

1) Bleeding Salvation
2) Seyn Todt In Schwartz
3) Hell's Ambassador
4) Lucifer Incestus
5) Stigma Diabolicum
6) Walpurgis Rites
7) Justine Soaked In Blood
8) Reichswehr In Blood
9) Bondage Goat Zombie

Finally the headliners came on, I missed Eluveitie when they came through on the Paganfest with Ensiferum a couple years ago due to dumb traffic...and when they hit the stage it was sweet! lots of fun banging my head and such. suprised no one has submitted a setlist for them yet. here it goes:

1) Primordial Breath
2) Bloodstained Ground
3) Slania's Song
4) Song Of Life
5) Tarvos
6) Inis Mona
7) Uis Elveti
8) Grey Sublime Archon
9) New Song not yet released
10) Andro
------
11) Calling The Rain
12) Tegernako

its possible i missed one for Eluveitie but im pretty confident with how it looks. it was an awesome set and i hope they come back again soon!

InFlames
11-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the setlists.

Surprised Eluveitie didn't play any song from Evocation I.
I definitely prefer Metal than acoustic but expected at least a couple of new ones.

Davemeistro
11-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the setlists.

Surprised Eluveitie didn't play any song from Evocation I.
I definitely prefer Metal than acoustic but expected at least a couple of new ones.

They said they had planned to play some of their acoustics songs, but that their hurdy gurdy player had a cold, so she coudn't sing.

the chewbacca defense
11-10-2009, 10:41 AM
ah that explains it, but hey, at leat that means they are changing up the setlist per city.

EchoesOfDecimation
11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
7) Uis Elveti

About time.

MPF
11-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I wish I could have made it to this show, but I wasn't able to.

I'm really surprised to see Your Gaulish War wasn't on Eluveitie's set.

GameFreac
11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
All I wanted was the Song of Life.

Finally...can't wait for Friday. :party:

the chewbacca defense
11-10-2009, 06:50 PM
surprised at no "of fire winds and wisdom", given how that was their first single and what not

immortalkz
11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
its possible the played Fire Wind as an encore song..the first encore song i wasnt 100% sure..and to be honest they might have played 3 encore songs...i was getting pretty tired and i forgot to write in the remaining stuff after the left and came back on....but on the bright side at least i got most of it!

the chewbacca defense
11-10-2009, 10:27 PM
i also love that it seems the 2 big supports are getting what i assume is at least 45 minutes. Can't wait for thursday. I know its gonna be a great show.

Oh and how late does the show go? The doors at Jaxx open at 6, and there are 2 local bands to start the night off

Davemeistro
11-11-2009, 08:16 AM
i also love that it seems the 2 big supports are getting what i assume is at least 45 minutes. Can't wait for thursday. I know its gonna be a great show.

Oh and how late does the show go? The doors at Jaxx open at 6, and there are 2 local bands to start the night off

Here in St. Paul, the doors opened at 7 and Kivimetsan Duidi started right at 7:15. They had about half hour, then Vreid came on with about 40, then Alestorm with 40, Belphegor with what seemed like 40 again, then Eluveitie. I left right before the first encore and it was a little past midnight I believe.

immortalkz
11-12-2009, 08:18 AM
he is correct i think i got to my car at approximately 12:15am

the chewbacca defense
11-12-2009, 08:44 AM
cool, the show at jaxx, the doors open at 6, and the show starts at 6:15 w/ 2 locals, so supposing they don't get too much time, the real show should start by 7:30

bassmasta257
12-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I wish I could have made it to this show, but I wasn't able to.

I'm really surprised to see Your Gaulish War wasn't on Eluveitie's set.

they played it the nexxt night at Chicago :D

bassmasta257
12-01-2009, 03:09 PM
its possible the played Fire Wind as an encore song..the first encore song i wasnt 100% sure..and to be honest they might have played 3 encore songs...i was getting pretty tired and i forgot to write in the remaining stuff after the left and came back on....but on the bright side at least i got most of it!

it was probably The Somber Lay, or nothing at all because Calling The Rain is a teeny bit lengthy. i would have LOVED to have them play Calling The Rain when i saw them but oh well :tp: