PDA

View Full Version : Overkill U.S. tour 2010 (CONFIRMED)

andrew_metalhead
11-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I just finished interviewing vocalist Bobby Ellsworth. The full interview will be posted very soon. I thought you guys should know the dates that he told me:

Tour starts April 1st in Philadelphia and will go on for about a month. The LA show is on April 20th at the House of Blues Sunset Strip.

Support acts: Vader, God Dethroned and Warbringer

I'll write a review of Ironbound too. Bring on the thrash!!

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

ravenheart
11-09-2009, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't review the disc yet. Release is far too far away. It'll do more good closer to the release. Two weeks before, tops, if it's online, one month before if it's print.

Mine certainly won't go up until mid January at the earliest. It's no use to the band or the label before then.

andrew_metalhead
11-09-2009, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't review the disc yet. Release is far too far away. It'll do more good closer to the release. Two weeks before, tops, if it's online, one month before if it's print.

Mine certainly won't go up until mid January at the earliest. It's no use to the band or the label before then.

Yea I know .. I shouldn't have said 'will be posted'. I will write my review and keep it. Won't be giving it to the magazine till January.

MPF
11-09-2009, 02:41 PM
DAMN!!! There's gotta be a MN date on this tour. I can't miss this line up.

JuuKun
11-09-2009, 02:53 PM
VADER! GOD DETHRONED!

Overkill's cool too.

:party: There better be a Worcester/Providence date. And it better not be as a part of that lousy NEMHF.

b_halperin
11-09-2009, 03:12 PM
The LA show is on April 20th

Support acts: Vader, God Dethroned and Warbringer

:stoned: that sucks i can't go because of school but id love to see all of those bands

idrinkwine732
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
If there isn't a SF date I might kill someone...

Div
11-09-2009, 03:59 PM
VADER! GOD DETHRONED!

Overkill's cool too.

....lulz

makethemsuffer12
11-09-2009, 04:12 PM
YES! I already knew that they were doing the show in NYC for the 25th anniversary, and those opening bands kick ass. Actually after Warbringer's set in NYC this past saturday we asked John Kevill when they were coming around again and he said in the spring. One of my friends asked "Megadeth?" and John said "Not that cool *laughs* ." So this was the first tour that popped in my head. And I was right :D

mankvill
11-09-2009, 04:16 PM
man gayest tour of all time. i at least thought whitechapel or suicide silence would be on this shit, but naw. fuck this old people metal.

makethemsuffer12
11-09-2009, 04:22 PM
^ d00d, wat about ROSE FUNERAL?! only the most br00tal band ever. theyr so tuff theyll kill everyone

mastodon421
11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
:party: There better be a Worcester/Providence date. And it better not be as a part of that lousy NEMHF.

Wouldnt be surprised if it was part of the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival. I really wouldnt mind if it was. I will most likely attend this tour anyways because all of the bands kick ass.

edit:Is it wrong that I like Vader more than Overkill?

JuuKun
11-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Wouldnt be surprised if it was part of the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival. I really wouldnt mind if it was. I will most likely attend this tour anyways because all of the bands kick ass.

edit:Is it wrong that I like Vader more than Overkill?

Not at all. I prefer Vader and God Dethroned over Overkill anyday.

And, in response to the bold: YOU SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH! :) I refuse to pay for a ticket to NEMHF after they shafted the Paganfest USA bands two years ago, and for their first ever US show (when they were doing a headlining tour) Ensiferum were only given half an hour. Plus the year before that when they advertised Dark Tranquillity to be filling in for a dropped-off Satyricon though DT weren't even IN THE COUNTRY AT THE TIME and instead we waited an hour between Behemoth and Dimmu Borgir so they could get back on schedule...

God I hate that festival so much. Aside from the fact that it's run terribly, they throw so many subgenres together it gets disgusting trying to wait for a band you like to come on and listening to five shitty bands playing five separately generic types of music before them. Plus, knowing NEMHF they'll have some ridiculously bad headliner playing over this tour package if it does get added, and then all of those bands will get time slots cut and I'll end up with ANOTHER GOD DAMN 25 MINUTE GOD DETHRONED SET.

They might not play more than 30/35 minutes on the regular tour ANYWAY, but I know NEMHF would give me a reason to be bitter.

JRA
11-09-2009, 06:49 PM

And, in response to the bold: YOU SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH! :) I refuse to pay for a ticket to NEMHF after they shafted the Paganfest USA bands two years ago, and for their first ever US show (when they were doing a headlining tour) Ensiferum were only given half an hour. Plus the year before that when they advertised Dark Tranquillity to be filling in for a dropped-off Satyricon though DT weren't even IN THE COUNTRY AT THE TIME and instead we waited an hour between Behemoth and Dimmu Borgir so they could get back on schedule...

God I hate that festival so much. Aside from the fact that it's run terribly, they throw so many subgenres together it gets disgusting trying to wait for a band you like to come on and listening to five shitty bands playing five separately generic types of music before them. Plus, knowing NEMHF they'll have some ridiculously bad headliner playing over this tour package if it does get added, and then all of those bands will get time slots cut and I'll end up with ANOTHER GOD DAMN 25 MINUTE GOD DETHRONED SET.

They might not play more than 30/35 minutes on the regular tour ANYWAY, but I know NEMHF would give me a reason to be bitter.

Enlighten me as to how the NEHMF is run poorly.

andrew_metalhead
11-09-2009, 06:51 PM
man gayest tour of all time. i at least thought whitechapel or suicide silence would be on this shit, but naw. fuck this old people metal.

Wow. Whitechapel and Suicide Silence are two of the worst bands ever to exist on this planet.

JuuKun
11-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Enlighten me as to how the NEHMF is run poorly.

They try to cram too many bands into one day, leading to 95% of the roster playing for 20/25 minutes each. Last minute schedule changes lead to bands sometimes playing hours earlier than scheduled on a different stage (though this has never effected me, I know people who have missed one of the reasons they paid for the ticket because of these shifts). Then, to repeat the above-mentioned Dark Tranquillity incident: in 2007, Satyricon were scheduled to play, I think 4th or 5th from the top. The festival takes place in April, they dropped off atleast by February. Instead of finding a replacement, or maybe taking their 30/40 minute set (whatever it was) and dividing it up amongst three or four bands below them, when they released the schedule they advertised Dark Tranquillity as playing the slot Satyricon were supposed to be play. DT weren't even in the god damn country at the time touring or anything. Instead, to get back on schedule we had to sit and wait for an hour after Behemoth got off stage, for Dimmu to get on.

Also, though this doesn't reflect at all on the running of the festival, the year Paganfest played and Ensiferum only got half an hour, they were originally scheduled to be going on before Nevermore, Divine Heresy, Meshuggah, and finally Ministry. Nevermore dropped off a month or two before the festival, and Divine Heresy dropped off the day before the show - no replacements, and Ensiferum had been rehearsing for a longer set for their tour, so WHY DIDN'T THEIR SET GET ELONGATED? But, that's a personal gripe and really doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the argument.

These are only my personal experiences from the three years I've attended, and this most recent year was only to hand out stuff for Summer Slaughter and see CoB for free. I've heard other stories elsewhere, and, really, there's not a lot of good to be said for NEMHF besides the fact that sometimes the lineup looks nice (minus the -core bullshit).

JuuKun
11-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Wow. Whitechapel and Suicide Silence are two of the worst bands ever to exist on this planet.

Sarcasm meter broken?

rjturtle9
11-09-2009, 08:17 PM
I wanna go to this. All the bands on the bill are sick!!! :rocker:

ravenheart
11-10-2009, 12:25 AM
I hope Overkill don't have bands like this on their European tour in Feb/March... Something along the lines of last year's Killfest Tour with Exodus and Torture Squad would be good.

Fires Of Sedition
11-10-2009, 01:23 AM

:agree:

ADD
11-10-2009, 12:07 PM
The LA show is on April 20th at the House of Blues Sunset Strip.

Oh we gonna feel the fire alright :stoned: :rocker:

SomewhereInTime72
11-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Overkill and Vader, eh? Sounds sweet to me. :cool:

mastodon421
11-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I had a blast at NEMHF last year. I like the diveristy of the bands on the bill. Yes the set times are short but they bring in pretty damn good lineups every year. To each their own.

idrinkwine732
11-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Damn, the 20th, its gonna be on a week night up here in SF for sure...FUCK

ravenheart
11-11-2009, 07:02 AM
Apparently the New York show will be a special 25th Anniversary show at the Nokia Theater.

European tour runs February 6 to February 27, and will be a "Killfest" tour, which means a quality thrash special guest. Last year was Exodus :D Hope it's not Vader.

mankvill
11-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Apparently the New York show will be a special 25th Anniversary show at the Nokia Theater.

European tour runs February 6 to February 27, and will be a "Killfest" tour, which means a quality thrash special guest. Last year was Exodus :D Hope it's not Vader.

It'll be Heathen.

JuuKun
11-11-2009, 04:32 PM
I had a blast at NEMHF last year. I like the diveristy of the bands on the bill. Yes the set times are short but they bring in pretty damn good lineups every year. To each their own.

Every year there's a handful of bands I'd like to see, but not when bullshit bands like All That Remains are headlining over SUFFOCATION, NAPALM DEATH, AND THE HAUNTED, if I'm remembering this last year right. It's just wrong.

idrinkwine732
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
If there was thread to debate the atrocities of some lineup spots, it would be huge.

ravenheart
11-12-2009, 03:22 AM
It'll be Heathen.

You know this?

mankvill
11-12-2009, 10:24 AM
You know this?

No, but that'd be pretty sweet, right? :D

ravenheart
11-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I agree, it certainly would be.

Fires Of Sedition
11-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Have all the dates/cities been announced yet?

ravenheart
11-13-2009, 01:33 AM
For Europe or the US? Europe, yes. Follow my link. For the US, no.

Fires Of Sedition
11-13-2009, 01:42 AM
For Europe or the US? Europe, yes. Follow my link. For the US, no.

US

:(

ravenheart
11-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Irritating, isn't it? I hate when they know full well when all the dates are but don't announce them.

mastodon421
11-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Every year there's a handful of bands I'd like to see, but not when bullshit bands like All That Remains are headlining over SUFFOCATION, NAPALM DEATH, AND THE HAUNTED, if I'm remembering this last year right. It's just wrong.

That did happen last year but clearly ATR is more popular than the rest of the bands so its really no surprise that they are headlining over them.

mankvill
11-13-2009, 10:17 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130331

Two unconfirmed dates have surfaced for the forthcoming U.S. tour by veteran New Jersey thrashers OVERKILL in support of their upcoming album, "Ironbound":

April 09 - Chicago, IL @ The Metro
April 18 - San Francisco, CA @ The Ballroom at the Regency Center

Fires Of Sedition
11-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Irritating, isn't it? I hate when they know full well when all the dates are but don't announce them.

As do I.

idrinkwine732
11-13-2009, 03:38 PM
If that's true its on a weeknight, and will be a bitch to get to. I'll do it though.