PDA

View Full Version : The Top 3 Bands You Have Seen Live The Most

GWAR654
11-04-2009, 07:16 AM
GWAR - 11 times
KoRn - 9 Times
Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Mushroomhead, All That Remains and a shit load more at 3 times haha

Natrlhi
11-04-2009, 07:19 AM
There is already a thread for this, posted by ravenheart:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7562&highlight=depeche

GWAR654
11-04-2009, 07:20 AM
oh thanks bro sorry about this then

Dextrimental
11-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Trivium - 4 times
Metallica/Slayer/Korn/Dream Theater/Bunch of others - 2 times

Ireland sucks balls for gigs haha

Maiden33
11-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Tesla is #1 with 7 times. After that it's a multi-way tie between Symphony X, Iron Maiden, Edguy, and Queensryche, who are all at 4.

IrritatedTrout
11-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Iron Maiden - 4
Megadeth - (soon to be) 4
Black Sabbath - 4

mankvill
11-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Ben Folds - 6
Skeletonwitch, Behemoth - 4
blink-182, Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder, Cattle Decapitation, mc chris, Whole Wheat Bread - 3

After the concert this month, Cannibal Corpse will be 4, Unearth will be 3 (yuck), and Hate Eternal will be 3 even though I've yet to see them headline. :mad:

The Ancient Mariner
11-04-2009, 12:12 PM
IRON MAIDEN :rocker:
IRON MAIDEN :rocker::rocker:
IRON MAIDEN :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Natrlhi
11-04-2009, 12:19 PM
...Unearth will be 3 (yuck)...

They actually have some pretty sweet riffs, in my opinion. They are metalcore, which is not one of my fav genres, but if I have to listen to some metalcore from time to time, this is the band that I will listen to. In fact, I was even thinking about trying to catch them live on purpose just so I could hopefully hear some of my favorites performed live (Giles, Unstoppable, This Time Was Mine:eek:, etc.).

You should really give them more of a listen - they are pretty riffalicious in places. Not anywhere near as bad as most other metalcore - you might even like it. Check out "This Time Was Mine" from "III: In the Eyes of Fire"...the opening riff and chorus riff are pretty badass.) :rocker:

DethMaiden
11-04-2009, 12:29 PM
1-2 (tie). Lungs, Opeth (5 each)
3-5 (tie). Romance of Young Tigers, Clutch, Kenoma (4 each)

It should be noted that once I see the concerts currently on my schedule, Between the Buried and Me I will have also seen four times.

mankvill
11-04-2009, 12:29 PM
They actually have some pretty sweet riffs, in my opinion. They are metalcore, which is not one of my fav genres, but if I have to listen to some metalcore from time to time, this is the band that I will listen to. In fact, I was even thinking about trying to catch them live on purpose just so I could hopefully hear some of my favorites performed live (Giles, Unstoppable, This Time Was Mine:eek:, etc.).

You should really give them more of a listen - they are pretty riffalicious in places. Not anywhere near as bad as most other metalcore - you might even like it. Check out "This Time Was Mine" from "III: In the Eyes of Fire"...the opening riff and chorus riff are pretty badass.) :rocker:

I did have higher than normal hopes last time I saw them (opening for Testament) because I had heard that their newest album was good, but it's still breakdown-laden generic stuff. And their guitar player is the king of the douches.

DethMaiden
11-04-2009, 12:33 PM
1-2 (tie). Lungs, Opeth (5 each)
3-5 (tie). Romance of Young Tigers, Clutch, Kenoma (4 each)

It should be noted that once I see the concerts currently on my schedule, Between the Buried and Me I will have also seen four times.

Oh, and HOPEFULLY by the end of next summer Iron Maiden will also be four. :snivel:

Fe Maiden
11-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Iron Maiden
RUSH
Scorpions

Natrlhi
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I did have higher than normal hopes last time I saw them (opening for Testament) because I had heard that their newest album was good, but it's still breakdown-laden generic stuff. And their guitar player is the king of the douches.

They do have breakdowns in their songs, but unlike most metalcore - and nearly all deathcore - bands, they know how and when to use them, so this is not a deterrent for me. I like breakdowns when they are used sparingly and in the right places.

Like I said, do yourself a favor and listen to "This Time Was Mine" from "III: In the Eyes of Fire" - it will most assuredly make you smile. No breakdowns and sick riffs abound. It really is good. You may still end up not liking Unearth, but I'll bet you'll like at least this one song. :D

ravenheart
11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Ireland sucks balls for gigs haha

Seems a bit unfair to single out gigs ;)

Dextrimental
11-04-2009, 01:52 PM

Ohhhhh clever aint ya?

Aint nothin wrong here thats not wrong elsewhere too..

DethMaiden
11-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Shut up, all England ever did was not invent Guinness and lose an empire. ;)

Indestructible
11-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Rush-3
Disturbed-3
Stemm-5

ravenheart
11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Shut up, all England ever did was not invent Guinness and lose an empire. ;)

We'll take metal back then, shall we? ;)

DethMaiden
11-04-2009, 03:23 PM

Touche. :lol:

TheWhisper88
11-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Queensryche - 19 times
Iron Maiden - 6 times
In Flames - 6 times

Natrlhi
11-05-2009, 07:13 AM

You can have your version back - we perfected it. ;)

(Except Bolt Thrower. You can try to take it back, but I've made copies just in case.)

EDIT: Actually, Sweden perfected it. I'll take their version, with a little of ours. ;)

mastodon421
11-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Mastodon-3
Thy Will Be Done-3 [this band isnt even that good they are just always at shows i go to]
A whole host of bands tied at 2.

rjturtle9
11-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Queensryche - 19 times
Iron Maiden - 6 times

your a sick man!!!

xStructualDefect
11-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Static-X - 5 (all headline shows)
DragonForce - 5
Korn and Trivium - 4

and i've seen a griiip of bands 2 or 3x.

TheWhisper88
11-05-2009, 10:35 PM
your a sick man!!!

Why thank you!

Me and my buddy have been following Queensryche around for pretty much the last 4 years. They tour a lot and always play shows around NJ, NY, PA, etc. After seeing them so many times we are good friends with the roadies, we frequently get meet and greet passes and all of the band knows us by name. Hell, the Whip even hung out with us at a bar and stuff til 4 am last time we saw them. So, its a pretty awesome experience like everytime.
As for Maiden, they put on such an amazing show that I feel obligated to see them anytime they come close to NJ/NY. Biggest highlight though was definetly being onstage during Heaven Can Wait last year at PNC in Holmdel. :rocker:

rjturtle9
11-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Why thank you!

Me and my buddy have been following Queensryche around for pretty much the last 4 years. They tour a lot and always play shows around NJ, NY, PA, etc. After seeing them so many times we are good friends with the roadies, we frequently get meet and greet passes and all of the band knows us by name. Hell, the Whip even hung out with us at a bar and stuff til 4 am last time we saw them. So, its a pretty awesome experience like everytime.
As for Maiden, they put on such an amazing show that I feel obligated to see them anytime they come close to NJ/NY. Biggest highlight though was definetly being onstage during Heaven Can Wait last year at PNC in Holmdel. :rocker:

oh yeah. definitely a sick man :bowdown:

Platinum Maze
11-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Queensryche - 18
Iron Maiden and KISS - 10 each
Yngwie - 9
Slayer and Metallica - 8 each
Symphony X, Opeth, Dokken (not counting Lynch Mob 5 times), and Testament - 7 each
Flotsam and Jetsam, Megadeth, Exodus, and Scorpions - 6 each

oh sorry, top 3? :eyes:

Maiden33
11-21-2009, 03:42 AM
Queensryche - 18
Iron Maiden and KISS - 10 each
Yngwie - 9
Slayer and Metallica - 8 each
Symphony X, Dokken (not counting Lynch Mob 5 times), and Testament - 7 each
Flotsam and Jetsam, Megadeth, Exodus, Scorpions, and Opeth - 6 each

oh sorry, top 3? :eyes:

Holy shit, did we finally get a new member with solid taste? :party:

JuuKun
11-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Children of Bodom - 5
Amon Amarth - 4
Behemoth - 4

PowerMaiden
11-28-2009, 06:41 AM
being onstage during Heaven Can Wait last year at PNC in Holmdel. :rocker:

Cool man, I was on that stage too !, I'm the guy with the white Beaver undershirt (right next to Steve :D) , which one are you ?
http://i50.tinypic.com/21ecad0.jpg

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Slayer: 16 times
Iron Maiden: 7 times
AC/DC: 6 times

TheWhisper88
11-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Cool man, I was on that stage too !, I'm the guy with the white Beaver undershirt (right next to Steve :D) , which one are you ?
http://i50.tinypic.com/21ecad0.jpg

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Hahaha awesome picture! I'm the kinda short guy with blonde hair all the way to the right with the Piece of Mind shirt.

PowerMaiden
11-28-2009, 10:52 AM
hahaha cool man :666:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

AnthG
11-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Chimaira - 5 times
Korn - 4 times
Slipknot - 4 times
Unearth - 4 times