PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with OPETH someone explain to me what there deal is.

GWAR654
11-04-2009, 05:14 AM
I was listening to Liquid Metal on XM this morning on my way to school and OPETH came on, the song was Under The Weeping Moon. What the fuck is wrong with this stuff lol. Im not trying to bash OPETH or anything there fans just why the hell do they make the song seem like its over 10 times, play a 10 minute song, have a 3 intro type part in the middle of the song go from super super slow to fast which is decent but back to slow then fast then slow then fast then you think its over and it starts again. AHHH i was so annoyed. This is not the first time i heard OPETH but it seems like all there songs are like this.

Dextrimental
11-04-2009, 05:23 AM
Not ALL their songs are like this, but alot are. They're progressive metal, and dam good progressive metal at that. Their music is what it is, its weird and its wonderful. Asking why a band do what they do is a silly question, because 9 times out of 10 the answer is simple, its because they want to.

GWAR654
11-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Not ALL their songs are like this, but alot are. They're progressive metal, and dam good progressive metal at that. They're music is what it is, its weird and its wonderful. Asking why a band do what they do is a silly question, because 9 times out of 10 the answer is simple, its because they want to.

yeah i know it what they do but just why is what i wondered. I really never heard anything quit like that before

DethMaiden
11-04-2009, 06:07 AM
Oh sweet Jesus. Do I even have to justify this with a response?

GWAR654
11-04-2009, 06:09 AM

ok Maiden sorry that I dont like a band. I said i was not flaming anyone.

Natrlhi
11-04-2009, 06:22 AM

Not to people who don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" (all three are misused above). Move on.

GWAR654
11-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Not to people who don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" (all three are misused above). Move on.

haha yeah i know my grammar sucks balls

Dextrimental
11-04-2009, 06:26 AM

Ha I fixed my comment because of you, feel privileged (think I spelt that right) ;)

GWAR654
11-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Ha I fixed my comment because of you, feel privileged (think I spelt that right) ;)

oh he was talking about u lol. Usually people bitch at me for misspelling those words so i just assumed that it was me who was doing it wrong haha

Dextrimental
11-04-2009, 06:37 AM
oh he was talking about u lol. Usually people bitch at me for misspelling those words so i just assumed that it was me who was doing it wrong haha

Well its u too, it was both of us ;)

GWAR654
11-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Well its u too, it was both of us ;)

oh haha niceeeeeee

IrritatedTrout
11-04-2009, 09:20 AM
I've only listened to Watershed but I find Opeth's transitions to be very awkward.

ADD
11-04-2009, 10:27 AM
I find Opeth's transitions to be very awkward.

TonyD
11-04-2009, 11:41 AM

This bothers me so much, almost as much as "Opeth songs are 10 minutes long, what's up with that"?

Heavy metal is music, not a formula, get over it.

Natrlhi
11-04-2009, 12:07 PM
This bothers me so much, almost as much as "Opeth songs are 10 minutes long, what's up with that"?

Heavy metal is music, not a formula, get over it.

Yeah, really. One of us should start a thread called "Ten-Minute-Plus-Songs-That-Totally-Fucking-Rock...GO!!!". I'll bet that would shut some fuckers up quick. ;)

ravenheart
11-04-2009, 12:27 PM
I was listening to Liquid Metal on XM this morning on my way to school and OPETH came on, the song was Under The Weeping Moon. What the fuck is wrong with this stuff lol. Im not trying to bash OPETH or anything there fans just why the hell do they make the song seem like its over 10 times, play a 10 minute song, have a 3 intro type part in the middle of the song go from super super slow to fast which is decent but back to slow then fast then slow then fast then you think its over and it starts again. AHHH i was so annoyed. This is not the first time i heard OPETH but it seems like all there songs are like this.

I'll explain Opeth to you just as soon as you explain to me what the Hell you just said.

ravenheart
11-04-2009, 12:28 PM
I've only listened to Watershed but I find Opeth's transitions to be very awkward.

Listen to 'Still Life'.

Natrlhi
11-04-2009, 12:30 PM
I'll explain Opeth to you just as soon as you explain to me what the Hell you just said.

:lol: Fucking nice. :D

es156
11-04-2009, 06:24 PM

He said Opeth sucks.

/explanation

mankvill
11-04-2009, 08:16 PM
He said Opeth sucks.

/explanation

Well, yeah.

GWAR > Opeth

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah, really. One of us should start a thread called "Ten-Minute-Plus-Songs-That-Totally-Fucking-Rock...GO!!!". I'll bet that would shut some fuckers up quick. ;)

"The Odyssey" would be up there in a heartbeat :D

GWAR654
11-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Well, yeah.

GWAR > Opeth

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Natrlhi
11-05-2009, 08:56 AM
"The Odyssey" would be up there in a heartbeat :D

By whom? Symphony X? I suppose (I've never been much of a fan of theirs).

I was thinking more long the lines of:

Isis - Hand of the Host
Grayceon - Still the Desert
Pelican - The Woods
Neurosis - Purify (and many others)
Tool - Third Eye, Reflection, Roseta Stoned
Mastodon - The Czar, The Last Baron, Hearts Alive

...ya know, shit like that.

SerpentineVIVIVI
11-05-2009, 09:54 AM
By whom? Symphony X? I suppose (I've never been much of a fan of theirs).

I was thinking more long the lines of:

Isis - Hand of the Host
Grayceon - Still the Desert
Pelican - The Woods
Neurosis - Purify (and many others)
Tool - Third Eye, Reflection, Roseta Stoned
Mastodon - The Czar, The Last Baron, Hearts Alive

...ya know, shit like that.

Yeah it's Symphony-X. Nearly 25 minutes of epic as epic as epic gets.

SomewhereInTime72
11-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Art of Life

:party:

mankvill
11-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Tool

:nonono:

mastodon421
11-05-2009, 11:33 AM

Lets go ahead and do that. I have a feeling there would be a lot of Between The Buried And Me and The Mars Volta on that list.

DethMaiden
11-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Lets go ahead and do that. I have a feeling there would be a lot of Between The Buried And Me and The Mars Volta on that list.

I think I could field 100 serious answers for that list as a low estimate.

EDIT: I have 246 10-minute plus songs in iTunes. So, yeah.

Natrlhi
11-05-2009, 11:36 AM
:nonono:

We've been over this.

You do not like Tool, therefore you are wrong.

Remember? ;)

Done.

mastodon421
11-05-2009, 11:38 AM

I think i could do quite a few as well. Not quite 100 but proably in the 60-70 range.

SomewhereInTime72
11-05-2009, 11:38 AM

:eek: This is ridiculous, I only have 92.

DethMaiden
11-05-2009, 11:42 AM
:eek: This is ridiculous, I only have 92.

:lol: Proggier than thou. :fight: