-----------
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Running Free
Sanctuary

Acruce_Mortem
10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
i wish i could i went to this. i like 2 years old!

ijwthstd
10-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I'll be posting this show on Dime soon - it doesn't have Where Eagles Dare or Sanctuary.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-29-2009, 02:53 PM
The first time I ever saw Maiden in concert was a month earlier in Dallas. I believe Vinnie Vincent was the opener.

Fe Maiden
10-29-2009, 03:05 PM
I'll be posting this show on Dime soon - it doesn't have Where Eagles Dare Then it is really lacking a good song!

Fe Maiden
10-29-2009, 03:05 PM
The first time I ever saw Maiden in concert was a month earlier in Dallas. I believe Vinnie Vincent was the opener.Correct! I missed him however as I was in the parking lot:D

JRA
10-29-2009, 03:19 PM
That's just about perfect.

Would have been a tad better if it looked like this though.

CAUGHT SOMEWHERE IN TIME
2 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT
SEA OF MADNESS
CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED
PURGATORY
STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND
WASTED YEARS
THE RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER
TRANSYLVANIA
HEAVEN CAN WAIT
WHERE EAGLES DARE
ALEXANDER THE GREAT
THE TROOPER
HALLOWED BE THY NAME
IRON MAIDEN
==============
THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST
RUN TO THE HILLS
RUNNING FREE

idrinkwine732
10-29-2009, 04:24 PM
was this the Scream for me Long Beach show?

jeremysaal
10-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Awesome! My family moved to a new town in Illinois during the time of this tour and I missed it. I have still never forgiven my mom for this!

Fortunately, I caught the World Slavery Tour and the Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour.

You have a couple of awesome songs there that I have not heard live. Nice job!

Thanks for posting this!

:rocker:

ImmortalEmperor
10-30-2009, 09:41 AM
was this the Scream for me Long Beach show?

Well, Bruce probably used that line on every tour at every LA area show, but if you're talking about the Live After Death album that was from the Powerslave tour in 1985 which still (almost 25 years later) makes my top 3 list of concerts ever attended. I enjoyed the Somewhere in Time tour as well but, in my opinion, there is no comparison to the World Slavery Tour.

ImmortalEmperor
10-30-2009, 09:46 AM
The first time I ever saw Maiden in concert was a month earlier in Dallas. I believe Vinnie Vincent was the opener.

Yeah it was the Vinnie Vincent Invasion opening that tour. By the way, has anyone seen the "Boyz are Gonna Rock" video lately? Talk about over the top 80's hair metal excess - highly recommended (for laughs)...

dualcitizenrocker
11-07-2009, 08:36 AM
I've seen the Powerslave, Somewhere In Time and the Seventh Sun tours and for me the Somewhere in Time tour was the best of the three for stage show and song selection. I don't remember Where Eagles Dare being played but I seem to remember Maiden playing The Prisoner on this tour. I snuck in a small tape recorder into this concert and got a bootleg of the show but i seem to have lost the tape over the last 22 years or so, I've looked everywhere for it but no luck. I also had a bootleg of Metallica's Master of Puppets Tour and cant find it either. Sucks.

PowerMaiden
11-07-2009, 09:30 AM
They didn't play Where Eagles Dare in Montreal March 24 th 1987, I had to wait till the Early Days tour to finally have it.

here the set I had for my 2 nd Maiden show:

1: Intro (Theme From Blade Runner)
2: Caught Somewhere In Time
3: 2 Minutes To Midnight
4: Children Of The Damned
5: Stranger In A Strange Land
6: Wasted Years
7: Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
8: Walking On Glass
9: Heaven Can Wait
10: Phantom Of The Opera
11: Hallowed Be Thy Name
12: Iron Maiden

Encores:

13: The Number Of The Beast
14: Run To The Hills
15: Running Free

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

dualcitizenrocker
11-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Damn I wish i was 18 again and be able to go to these shows and rock out again (without ear plugs...lol) but on the bright side now i get to enjoy these shows again by taking my 12 year old son. I took him to crue fest 2 for his first concert and thinking about taking him to KISS but I really should have taken him to see the Maiden SBINT tour.

Travis The Dragon
11-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I've got some bootlegs from the SIT tour and Bruce's vocals are HORRIBLE! He practically talks his way through Hallowed.

IrritatedTrout
11-07-2009, 03:15 PM
I've only heard the Philly '87 boot but I don't think he hits any of the correct notes in CSIT. :hecho: Although, in his defense, they were touring nonstop and CSIT seems like it'd be hard as hell to sing, especially as an opener before you're even warm.

Edit: And even if Bruce didn't sound great on this tour, I'd still give my left nut to go back in time and see it. :light:

dualcitizenrocker
11-07-2009, 04:18 PM
I think it would be so cool to see maiden on tour do a medley of like 15 songs that they rarely play from all their albums especially from the 90's for those fans that stuck by them after the 7th sun album til the last tour where they seem to become popular again and lets not forget anything off of killers

L.D. Runner
12-30-2010, 05:15 PM
I saw them "Somewhere On Tour" in Portland, Oregon in February of 1987. Vinnie Vincent opened for them. As I recall, the opener originally was Lizzy Borden, but they were kicked off of the tour (or something like that)..................................

Indestructible
12-30-2010, 05:19 PM
8: Walking On Glass

????

Maiden33
12-30-2010, 05:20 PM
????

They named the guitar solo Adrian and Dave did together.

L.D. Runner
01-01-2011, 11:05 PM
S.I.T. was truly a memorable show. My ears rang for three days afterwards. I also saw Maiden during the "No Prayer On The Road Tour". That time, Anthrax opened for them. The show was in a small place, too; The Armory in Salem, Oregon. The "No Prayer" songs were good, as well as the other usual favorites. But once again, "Heaven Can Wait" :flame: just about brought the house down. S.I.T. is my absolute favorite Maiden disc. Number of The Beast is my second favorite.

Butcher of Birth
01-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Interesting to see this dug up haha

I hope if Maiden does another History tour we can get at least THREE, call me crazy!, Somewhere In Time songs! Until then I'm still seeing them four times in 2011!

treghet
01-02-2011, 02:59 AM
I'm almost positive my dad was at this show.

DisposableJustice
01-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Wow such a great setlist; imo Maiden MUST play Caught Somewhere in Time and Stranger in Strange Land before they retire; both are great underrated songs off a great album:rocker:

bobbie solo
01-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I took him to crue fest 2 for his first concert and thinking about taking him to KISS

why are you such a shitty father? haha

idrinkwine732
01-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Wow such a great setlist; imo Maiden MUST play Caught Somewhere in Time and Stranger in Strange Land before they retire; both are great underrated songs off a great album:rocker:

I know Alexander the Great is on the back of their minds somewhere, because they have referenced it before. There was one time where Bruce hummed it in front of the Greek crowd and stuff.

I think they'll do it one day.

IrritatedTrout
01-03-2011, 10:56 AM
I believe he also sang the chorus by himself between songs at one of the South American shows on the SBIT tour.

jhdeity
01-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Well, Bruce probably used that line on every tour at every LA area show, but if you're talking about the Live After Death album that was from the Powerslave tour in 1985 which still (almost 25 years later) makes my top 3 list of concerts ever attended. I enjoyed the Somewhere in Time tour as well but, in my opinion, there is no comparison to the World Slavery Tour.

Totally agree. Seeing Revelations live on that tour was incredible. I saw it twice and was hoping for some different songs but we got the same set in the same exact order. it was still incredible, just wanted to hear a few gems live like Flash of the Blade, The Prisoner or Children of the Damned to mix it up. Lucky I got to see The Prisoner and Children of the Damned when they opened for Priest but they're still 2 of my all-time favorite Maiden tracks

Sanitarium78
01-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I've got some bootlegs from the SIT tour and Bruce's vocals are HORRIBLE! He practically talks his way through Hallowed.

I've only heard the Philly '87 boot but I don't think he hits any of the correct notes in CSIT. :hecho: Although, in his defense, they were touring nonstop and CSIT seems like it'd be hard as hell to sing, especially as an opener before you're even warm.

Edit: And even if Bruce didn't sound great on this tour, I'd still give my left nut to go back in time and see it. :light:

I have a boot from Colston Hall in Bristol, England sometime in 1986. By the way Bruce talks to the crowd it semms like SIT just came out. Bruce's voice is excellent on it. He doesn't have much of a problem with anything. A couple of the songs got cut short and so was some of the applause between them but that's how boots go sometimes:mad:

The setlist was:

Caught Somewhere In Time
2 Minutes To Midnight
Sea Of Madness
Children Of The Damned
Stranger In A Strange Land
Wasted Years
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Where Eagles Dare
Heaven Can Wait
Phantom Of The Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Running Free
Sanctuary

One of Maiden's best sets ever done and on the top of my list as far as favorite bootlegs go:horns:

NickLed19
01-04-2011, 12:23 PM
I have a boot from Colston Hall in Bristol, England sometime in 1986. By the way Bruce talks to the crowd it semms like SIT just came out. Bruce's voice is excellent on it. He doesn't have much of a problem with anything. A couple of the songs got cut short and so was some of the applause between them but that's how boots go sometimes:mad:

The setlist was:

Caught Somewhere In Time
2 Minutes To Midnight
Sea Of Madness
Children Of The Damned
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare
Heaven Can Wait
Phantom Of The Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Running Free
Sanctuary

One of Maiden's best sets ever done and on the top of my list as far as favorite bootlegs go:horns:

Amazing setlist. SIT is my 2nd or 3rd Maiden album behind Powerslave and probly NOTB. I think its a really overlooked album.

Sanitarium78
01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Amazing setlist. SIT is my 2nd or 3rd Maiden album behind Powerslave and probly NOTB. I think its a really overlooked album.

I think the majority of Maiden fans enjoy SIT very much. I know a few people who have that as their favorite Maiden album. It's thrid on my list behind SSOASS and POM.

Now it's overlooked by the band when it comes to their setlists without a doubt. But HCW was a regular all the way up through the 90s and along with WY was played on the SBIT tour. Still, more from SIT is never ever a bad thing:rocker:

IrritatedTrout
01-04-2011, 05:06 PM
I wonder if Bruce and his dislike of the album is the main reason that they don't do many SiT songs live?

JRA
01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I wonder if Bruce and his dislike of the album is the main reason that they don't do many SiT songs live?

Which is why he hums and kazoos lines from ATG in second world countries?

NickLed19
01-05-2011, 02:14 AM
I think the majority of Maiden fans enjoy SIT very much. I know a few people who have that as their favorite Maiden album. It's thrid on my list behind SSOASS and POM.

Now it's overlooked by the band when it comes to their setlists without a doubt. But HCW was a regular all the way up through the 90s and along with WY was played on the SBIT tour. Still, more from SIT is never ever a bad thing:rocker:

HCW and WY are both in my top 5 Maiden songs. I would kill to see them play either one live. I drove 10 hours to see them last summer, and walked away a little upset about the set.

IrritatedTrout
01-05-2011, 07:06 AM
Which is why he hums and kazoos lines from ATG in second world countries?

So you really don't believe me? There are a number of interviews that prove what I'm saying, hell just look on the footage from the bonus disc to LAD and he clearly says that synthesizers don't belong in heavy metal. He had no writing credits on the album and I know I've read an interview where he said SiT could have been great but it ended up being "just another Maiden album."

The easy to find synth clip, taken during the Powerslave tour I believe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yiy8Ji0EYzo

Edit: Looking for one of the interviews.

bennythedog
01-07-2011, 09:49 AM

The setlist was:

Caught Somewhere In Time
2 Minutes To Midnight
Sea Of Madness
Children Of The Damned
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare :rocker: :rocker: <--------------------
Heaven Can Wait
Phantom Of The Opera
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Run To The Hills
Running Free
Sanctuary

I would love to see them play this (WED). Of the 5 -6 times I've seen them, they've not had it in their set.