PDA

View Full Version : Arch Enemy's New "Re-Release"

Natrlhi
10-28-2009, 12:26 PM
So I've really been digging on the newly released album from Arch Enemy, which is a compilation of sorts comprised of songs culled from their first three (pre-Angela) albums, re-recorded with the current lineup. Arch Enemy have always been (1) exceptional musicians, and (2) heavily influenced by Carcass - not only because of having Michael Amott as a co-founder, but also because members such as Angela have always been heavily influenced by Carcass. Thus, Arch Enemy has always ruled.

But here's the question: Do you like the new versions of the old songs better, or do you like the Johann Liiva vocals more? Do you think the instrumental parts are better now or then, or the same (there have been a few changes with non-vocalist members as well)? Is it not clear-cut, across the board? Do you like the old better than the new for some songs, and vice versa for others?

Discuss.

ravenheart
10-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Personally, I preferred them with Liiva on vocals.

And instrumental, barely any difference.

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2009/arch-enemy-the-root-of-all-evil/

Still like the new version though.

mastodon421
10-28-2009, 02:09 PM
I like their Gossow-Era stuff better better vocalist IMO. Either way Arch Enemy fucking slays.

Butcher of Birth
10-28-2009, 05:35 PM
The Music before Angela was awesome, the vocals are the detour for me.

Fires Of Sedition
10-28-2009, 11:26 PM
I haven't gotten the chance to listen to the re-released stuff, but I'm sure it's much better. I can't stand the old vocalist.

ravenheart
10-29-2009, 03:16 AM
The Music before Angela was awesome, the vocals are the detour for me.

Lol. That would be a "deterrent" for you, or they "deter you". Unless Johan Liiva's vocals really do make you take alternative routes to your destination? Which is pretty powerful, if you ask me. ;)

ravenheart
10-29-2009, 03:18 AM
I haven't gotten the chance to listen to the re-released stuff, but I'm sure it's much better. I can't stand the old vocalist.

They've done videos for a couple of the tracks. Check 'em out:
http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/videos/

Butcher of Birth
10-29-2009, 04:42 AM
Lol. That would be a "deterrent" for you, or they "deter you". Unless Johan Liiva's vocals really do make you take alternative routes to your destination? Which is pretty powerful, if you ask me. ;)

Yeah it takes me to a destination where the overall feeling is lost and I don't want it anymore. :) Angela is a whole lot better.

Spiral_Slave
10-29-2009, 07:25 AM
I like the older versions better.

Fires Of Sedition
10-29-2009, 09:48 AM
They've done videos for a couple of the tracks. Check 'em out:
http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/videos/

I'd love to, but I have the worst internet connection possible.

300%_Density
10-29-2009, 02:37 PM

He made me get lost finding my driveway!!! :D

Natrlhi
10-30-2009, 08:18 AM

:lol: Leave it to a Brit to be the English nazi on this board. Funny, because I feel the same way about many posts on here... ;)

GWAR654
11-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Have not heard the re-release yet. huge arch enemy fan and so happy that they are coming back to the states finally in January.