PDA

View Full Version : Bands that you must see before they retire?

IrritatedTrout
10-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Who do you need to see before they quit the biz? I'm pretty lucky, in that I've seen the majority of my favorite bands, but there are still a few left that I'm dying to see at some point.

My list would be:

-Slayer (had to pass on these guys 3 freakin times)
-Dio
-Ozzy (my buds saw him in 07 but I couldn't afford it, still regret that one)
-Rush (S+A tour came through my hometown in 07 and my dumbass didn't like Rush back then:mad:)
-Blaze Bayley (if I didn't live in North America I would have dozens of chances to see him)
-Agalloch (3 NA dates a year just doesn't cut it, guys)
-Blind Guardian (I missed their last NA tour because I couldn't drive back then:snivel:)
-Blue Oyster Cult
-Bruce Dickinson (if he ever continues his solo project)
-King Diamond (anxiously awaiting that rumored '10 US tour:allan:)
-Saxon

Fires Of Sedition
10-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Slayer
Metallica
AC/DC
Kiss
Ozzy

mankvill
10-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm really glad I got to see Slayer and Metallica before they retire, and I'm going to see Megadeth in December. Also got to see Celtic Frost at least once.

My list:

Iron Maiden
King Diamond
Rush
Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell

Fe Maiden
10-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Symphony X
Fates Warning (well maybe they are retired?)
Redemption

JuuKun
10-27-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm glad to have seen most of my "must-see" list by now. But still up there:

Morgana Lefay (Seriously, as soon as they're active again, I plan on saving the money to see them in Europe because I absolutely refuse to miss my chance to see them)
Tarot (September 2010!!)
Impaled Nazarene
Manticora
Billy Idol
General Surgery
Elvenking
Pain

mankvill
10-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Impaled Nazarene

FUCK YEAH. But I'm not worried about them going anywhere soon.

ADD
10-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Slayer

DethMaiden
10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
I still need to see Slayer, Metallica, and King Diamond. I consider those to be the biggest ones. Explosions in the Sky and Immortal are up there, too.

powerslave_85
10-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Sleater-Kinney. Oh wait, they already did :(

I guess then it would be Slayer and Metallica, and I will definitely see Maiden again before they call it quits.

mankvill
10-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Explosions in the Sky

Coming from generally a non post-anything fan, they were surprisingly very good live. :D

SomewhereInTime72
10-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Celtic Fro-:boohoo:

ravenheart
10-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Erm... there aren't many left I don't think.

Ruling out the ridiculous (Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin), because they either already have retired, or clearly aren't going to do shit... erm...

King Diamond/Mercyful Fate
Kreator
Destruction
Goatsnake
Spiritual Beggars
My Dying Bride
Solitude Aeturnus
Katatonia
Michael Schenker Group
Arch Enemy
Swallow The Sun

There are a shit-tonne of small bands I need to see. Serpentcult, Nomad Son, Fu Manchu, Count Raven, Wall of Sleep, Solace, Solstice, Bronx Casket Company, The 11th Hour, Mercenary, Dreaming, Forsaken, Isole, Memory Driven, Sahg, Semlah, World Below...

Could go on for a while.

ravenheart
10-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Morgana Lefay
Tarot

These too.

ravenheart
10-27-2009, 01:50 PM

Saw them twice :finger:

mankvill
10-27-2009, 01:50 PM

;_; *snugs* I'll share my memories with you!

mankvill
10-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Swallow The Sun

HAHAHAHA SUCK IT, FRENCHIE!

ravenheart
10-27-2009, 01:52 PM

+1

ravenheart
10-27-2009, 01:53 PM
HAHAHAHA SUCK IT, FRENCHIE!

December 7th :finger:

mankvill
10-27-2009, 01:54 PM
December 7th :finger:

yeah well, Fu Manchu is gonna be here next month :finger2:

ravenheart
10-27-2009, 02:00 PM
yeah well, Fu Manchu is gonna be here next month :finger2:

And in Europe in the first quarter of 2010.

DethMaiden
10-27-2009, 02:07 PM
My Dying Bride slipped my mind but they're up there too. I just don't see it happening, sadly. 20 years without a United States tour, not sure why they'd do one now. Also, Aaron hate performing live and has said so many times in interviews.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Saw them twice :finger:

But did you see them in their heyday of the 80's like I did? ;)

mastodon421
10-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Rob Zombie
Metallica

ravenheart
10-27-2009, 03:29 PM
But did you see them in their heyday of the 80's like I did? ;)

No. I'm not that old :finger:

ravenheart
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Rob Zombie

+1

mastodon421
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Forgot to add Rammstien to my list even though i doubt they will tour the states ever.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-27-2009, 03:59 PM
No. I'm not that old :finger:

sometimes age has its benefits. :horns:

b_halperin
10-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Maiden.

Indestructible
10-27-2009, 05:13 PM
King Diamond
Nevermore
Iron Maiden
Iced EArth
Nightwish
slayer
DIO
Anthrax
Alice in chains
Otep
Faith No More

Dextrimental
10-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Iron Maiden, Faith No More, Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, Exodus, Machine Head, Nofx, Morbid Angel, Slayer at least one more time..

And the ones Ill never see, Ministry, Celtic Frost :(

mankvill
10-27-2009, 05:40 PM
I REEEEEEEEALLLY wanna see Sodom at least once.

Indestructible
10-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Lamb of god again.

Wizzbang11
10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Sodom
Impaled
Blood Freak
Immortal

Bands that I wish I could have seen:
King Diamond/Mercyful Fate (it's been almost 3 years since I had tickets to see him and he canceled, and even die hard MF fans I talk to doubt he will tour again. Plus he can't sing anymore, so I don't know that I wanna see him if it will just crush my dreams :( )
GISM
Impetigo
Barathrum

mankvill
10-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Impaled

Mwahahaha! :finger:

Wizzbang11
10-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Mwahahaha! :finger:

Well at least I have a shot, I doubt Ghoul will ever go to Kansas so soon enough I will have seen more more Sean/Ross bands. :)

mankvill
10-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Well at least I have a shot, I doubt Ghoul will ever go to Kansas so soon enough I will have seen more more Sean/Ross bands. :)

I actually heard a rumor that Impaled is closing up shop soon.

DethMaiden
10-27-2009, 06:16 PM
King Diamond/Mercyful Fate (it's been almost 3 years since I had tickets to see him and he canceled, and even die hard MF fans I talk to doubt he will tour again. Plus he can't sing anymore, so I don't know that I wanna see him if it will just crush my dreams :( )

Easy there, Mr. Negative. There was a full tour itinerary with Kreator that he flaked on. I think he think he owes us one.

Wizzbang11
10-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Easy there, Mr. Negative. There was a full tour itinerary with Kreator that he flaked on. I think he think he owes us one.

Yeah, I know. I'm doubting he will ever recover enough to do a whole tour, which is what he needs to do. That said, his performance at Ozzfest was really bad, and I dont really want him touring if he cant sing the songs.

Wizzbang11
10-27-2009, 06:18 PM
I actually heard a rumor that Impaled is closing up shop soon.

Well they are playing MDF, so I have until at least May, and even though I can't make the show next week all of them live within 3 hours of me, so I'm betting I'll have a chance to see em.

DethMaiden
10-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I know. I'm doubting he will ever recover enough to do a whole tour, which is what he needs to do. That said, his performance at Ozzfest was really bad, and I dont really want him touring if he cant sing the songs.

I don't mind seeing him drop the falsettos if he still sings the songs and does the theatrics. He can do everything except some of the falsettos that he did from 1983 to 1988.

Wizzbang11
10-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't mind seeing him drop the falsettos if he still sings the songs and does the theatrics. He can do everything except some of the falsettos that he did from 1983 to 1988.

Well rumor has it that Livia has been doing those for some time now, I'm not sure.
I just know that he can't do (at least at the time of Ozzfest 08, but he may have been out of practice) the old MF songs.
If he could pull together enough to actually do a decent set, I would kill to see it, but my hopes are not high.

TonyD
10-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Stones, doubt I ever will.
Metallica, I won't pay to see them but probably will at some point.
and
Kyuss. Shut up, it will happen eventually.
Other than that, I've been lucky.

Maiden33
10-27-2009, 09:05 PM
I have to say I feel pretty cool to have seen a number of the bands mentioned thus far (Saxon, Manticora, Blind Guardian, etc).

My general master-list of the bands I want to see the most live is as follows:
-Nocturnal Rites (September '10 should cross that one off)
-Evergrey (God damn it, loved them entirely too many years to have been shafted this many times)
-Fates Warning (Properly reform and tour the fucking US again, please)
-Savatage (I stick to my promise, if there is ever a reunion, ANYWHERE, I am there. I'm not holding my breath though, odds are stacked against them.)
-Bruce Dickinson (If his solo career ever properly resumes)
-Blaze Bayley (Tour the US please!)
-Astral Doors (Just sense this would be a really fun show)
-I want to see Jorn in some capacity. Regardless of how I can accomplish that, I want to make it happen.
-Whitesnake (Kind of an odd request, but I do really want to see them live - still waiting on a US tour)
-Riot (Don't care what lineup, just want to see SOMETHING)
-Dungeon/lord (Well Dungeon doesn't really exist, so I guess I gotta go with lord)
-Circus Maximus
-Royal Hunt (Never, ever, ever going to tour America, but I can dream)
-Angra (Again, if they ever really reform and get going again)
-Dio (Yep, still haven't seen a fucking solo show. Heaven and Hell needs to wrap it the hell up already)
-Bloodbound
-Redemption
-Cornerstone
-Rob Rock
-Thunderstone (Even though they've kinda gone to hell now)
-Jaded Heart
-Pink Cream 69

This list is actually getting shorter. Most of the ones left are bands I may likely never get to see. I crossed a whole bunch of HUGE names off my list this year (Primal Fear, Saxon, Dream Theater, King's X), so that helps.

xStructualDefect
10-28-2009, 01:40 AM
i've seen Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth so those are crossed. luckily i saw At The Gates last summer.
also luckily i liked power metal when i was 14/15 so i've seen Stratovarius (w/ Tolkki), Blind Guardian, and DragonForce (before the lame GH fans came), all back in 2006.

Opeth
Glassjaw
Kalmah
Mors Principium Est
Equilibrium
WINTERSUN!!

ravenheart
10-28-2009, 04:44 AM
-Savatage (I stick to my promise, if there is ever a reunion, ANYWHERE, I am there. I'm not holding my breath though, odds are stacked against them.)
-Circus Maximus
-Royal Hunt (Never, ever, ever going to tour America, but I can dream)
-Bloodbound
-Redemption
-Cornerstone
-Thunderstone
-Jaded Heart

Yep, all of these. Seen the rest of the ones on your list except Pink Cream 69, Angra, Dungeon and Riot, which I don't really care about. Rob Rock I can't stick solo, but I've seen him with Impellitteri and he saved the day there.

-I want to see Jorn in some capacity. Regardless of how I can accomplish that, I want to make it happen.

Really want to see him live or with Masterplan. I saw him do a few songs with Avantasia, which was alright, but it's all about his solo stuff for me.

ravenheart
10-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Anthrax
Otep

Ah, yes, these.

Fe Maiden
10-28-2009, 07:21 AM
I should add

Manticora
Pagans Mind

Maiden33
10-28-2009, 07:51 AM
I should add

Manticora
Pagans Mind

Saw both of them. Pagans Mind are out-fucking-standing live. Their 45 minute set on the Stratovarius tour alone was worth the 3-hour drive to and from Baltimore. Really fun guys too - same goes for Manticora, the only band which I have a group photo with taken at a diner at 3:30 AM. Ah, what a fun couple of days that was.

Fires Of Sedition
10-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Kalmah

If they ever came to the U.S. I'd shit.

Natrlhi
10-28-2009, 10:23 AM
I still need to see Slayer, Metallica, and King Diamond. I consider those to be the biggest ones. Explosions in the Sky and Immortal are up there, too.
Coming from generally a non post-anything fan, they were surprisingly very good live. :D
Gotta see me some EiTS, as well as TWDY and Caspian. Mogwai, too (though they don't seem to tour NA much these days).

Mankvill, you really need to see Russian Circles live (or at least download their stuff, for fuck's sake!). They are more post-metal than post-rock, but holy shit are they impressive live. Three dudes - no microphones - heavy as shit. They are one of few bands that actually deserve to have the term "EPIC" attached to their live show. Seriously.

-----

...back on topic, I never did get around to seeing either Iron Maiden or Judas Priest (I know, I know), and I would definitely like to see them before they hang it up. I hear both are putting on pretty good shows nowadays.

I also never got a chance to see Morbid Angel. Gotta do that if they ever come back. Also Primus, if they ever get back together. Definitely Primus.

As many have said, I've been lucky enough to cross a lot of the big names off the list recently (Isis, Clutch, Mastodon, Carcass, Bolt Thrower, etc.), so it has been a good year or two for me.

More metal bands that I want to see very much before / in case they break up:
Arch Enemy
Coalesce
5ive
Grails
Neurosis
Cult of Luna
Red Sparowes
Minsk
Mouth of the Architect
North
65daysofstatic (not exactly metal, but...)
Amon Amarth
Grave
Unleashed
The Sword
The Mars Volta
Unearth
Arsis
Gojira (I've "just missed 'em" twice now - it's starting to piss me off... ;))

Some non-metal groups that I'd like very much to see (a few of which would require a "reunion" of sorts):
Pixies
White Stripes / Raconteurs (preferably the former)
Laika
Soul Coughing
Godspeed You! Black Emperor / A Silver Mt. Zion
The Prodigy
Daft Punk
A Perfect Circle (OK, they're "kinda" metal ;))

Natrlhi
10-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Stones, doubt I ever will.
Metallica, I won't pay to see them but probably will at some point.
and
Kyuss. Shut up, it will happen eventually.
Other than that, I've been lucky.

Stones - I guess I'd echo that.
Metallica - go see 'em - preferably on this tour - it's actually worth it.
Kyuss - I hear ya - maybe someday, eh?

300%_Density
10-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Heaven & Hell
Megadeth (Until Dec. 5!!!!)
Kiss (Until Dec. 8!!!)
Thin Lizzy
Deep Purple
Iron Maiden
Iced Earth
Fear Factory (Not Sure If It Still Counts Or Not??)

Glad to cross 2 of those of my list in December!!!!!!!

Rmeiselman
10-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Metallica
Primus
Megadeth
Anthrax
among others.

ADD
11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
Kyuss - I hear ya - maybe someday, eh?

No way they'll reunite. Actually I think it'd be pretty cool if they were like the one band who didn't ya know, and I think Josh shares that view, at least for the time being while he's raking in the Benjamin's playing pussyfoot rock (QOTSA, now Them Crooked Vultures). Brant and Scott are down for it at least, though if they do reunite to gig it should be with Nick on bass.

ADD
11-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Solace

They're playing your rainy ass hood next month with Orange Goblin, be stoked.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/sinofsolace/Solace/l_80a9c058d2cc4bc7b6d0a9ed585477a5.jpg

jhdeity
11-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Sodom has been at the top of my list for over 20 years. This Maryland Death Fest will be SICK!

Barring visa problems and shit like that of course...

MetalIsArt
11-17-2009, 02:11 AM
Kiss
Ancient Rites
Saxon
The Scorpions
Judas Priest
Epica
Arch Enemy
Immortal
AC/DC
Sepultura (with the Cavalera bros)

Fires Of Sedition
11-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Don't remember if this was on my original list or not, but if not,

FUCKING KALMAH

xStructualDefect
11-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Don't remember if this was on my original list or not, but if not,

FUCKING KALMAH

AFUCKINGMEN

they need to tour the US with Wintersun, that'd be the fucking shit. or some melodeath/death metal bands.

bring along Mors Principium Est, another underrated melodeath band.

Fires Of Sedition
11-18-2009, 10:27 AM
AFUCKINGMEN

they need to tour the US with Wintersun, that'd be the fucking shit. or some melodeath/death metal bands.

bring along Mors Principium Est, another underrated melodeath band.

That would be completely fine with me. I was talking to one of the dudes in Blackguard and he said that Kalmah are awesome to tour with and are really cool guys, but they mostly just play festivals over in Europe. He said he'd talk to them and see what's up, but he hasn't responded with anything since. :(

xStructualDefect
11-18-2009, 12:44 PM
That would be completely fine with me. I was talking to one of the dudes in Blackguard and he said that Kalmah are awesome to tour with and are really cool guys, but they mostly just play festivals over in Europe. He said he'd talk to them and see what's up, but he hasn't responded with anything since. :(

hopefully they tour the US in 2010 because the new album is due sometime soon. they played a few very successful shows in canada last year. i don't see why not the US.

Fires Of Sedition
11-19-2009, 12:19 AM
January or February for the new record. I will force everyone I know to buy it, get them more sales and maybe motivate them to bring their Finnish asses here.

Spiral_Slave
11-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Running Wild!

...Oh wait. :(

JuuKun
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Running Wild!

...Oh wait. :(

They would have been on my list, too :(

Natrlhi
11-22-2009, 08:31 PM
5ive :rocker::rocker::rocker: (The sludge metal duo, not the boy band)

Incredible. They hardly ever tour, though.

Same with Cobalt and Grails.

DethMaiden
11-22-2009, 08:32 PM
5ive :rocker::rocker::rocker: (The sludge metal duo, not the boy band)

Incredible. They hardly ever tour, though.

Same with Cobalt and Grails.

2010 or 2011. :)

Natrlhi
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
2010 or 2011. :)

:eek: I just shat a little. :eyes:

:party::rocker::party:

EDIT: My neck and ears will hurt for days.

DethMaiden
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM
:eek: I just shat a little. :eyes:

:party::rocker::party:

EDIT: My neck and ears will hurt for days.

You might have to travel, as Phillip said "East Coast," but it's almost certainly gonna happen. I'd be willing to go a distance to see Cobalt, though. And there's more but you'll have to wait until I write the article, haha. I don't wanna give anything away without a careful relistening to the tape.

Natrlhi
11-22-2009, 08:36 PM
You might have to travel, as Phillip said "East Coast," but it's almost certainly gonna happen. I'd be willing to go a distance to see Cobalt, though. And there's more but you'll have to wait until I write the article, haha. I don't wanna give anything away without a careful relistening to the tape.

East Coast, West Coast, fucking Alaska, whatever...I'm in.

ADD
11-22-2009, 10:16 PM

Damn fool you shoulda made it clear that the West Coast is the best coast for Cobalt :mad: But if they are only gonna do it big out there then I'll have to save my Southwest free flight cuz I gots ta be there :cool:

Natrlhi
11-23-2009, 09:30 AM
So who should they tour with? The question sounds familiar, like we've talked about it before, but I'm too lazy to look it up so I'll re-ask here.

I say they should play a show in Chicago with local black / sludge band Indian. That would be tits. :fist:

EDIT: Nachtmystium are from Chicago, too. That would be an awesome triple bill:

COBALT
Nachmystium
Indian

Let's do this shit.

Butcher of Birth
11-23-2009, 09:36 AM

Ozzfest was free? I'm confused... lol

SomewhereInTime72
11-23-2009, 09:52 AM

It was free the year before it died.

edit: this post is vague. that was to say that post-ozzfest is prolly hella expensive

IrritatedTrout
11-23-2009, 10:01 AM

It was his winter tour.

daimonos
01-19-2010, 05:21 PM
I know that they're already retired...but I would have really like to see Strapping Young Lad when they were goin strong. Woulda been a great time :mad:

evildeadjedi
04-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Still must see

Megadeath
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Iced Earth
Judas Priest
Kreator
Voivod
Bloodbath
Lord Weird Slough Feg

all I can think of right now

Would loved to have seen

Death
Pantera
Kyuss
Mercyful Fate
Venom

IrritatedTrout
10-12-2010, 10:28 AM
My list has changed a lot since last time I posted here. Since then I've been lucky enough to see a few of those bands with Ozzy and Halford still to come. Unfortunately I guess I won't ever be seeing Dio solo. :snivel:

The bands I still really want to see at least once before the end:

Agalloch
AC/DC
Deep Purple
Scorpions
Blaze Bayley
Bruce Dickinson
Blind Guardian
System of a Down (if they ever get back together)

ravenheart
10-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Looks like I'll get to see Rob Zombie, Destruction, Avantasia, Kreator, Arch Enemy, After All, Heathen and hopefully Solace, who were all on my must see list, so my list now is probably:

Scorpions
Bruce Dickinson
Iron Man
Solitude Aeturnus
Iced Earth (with Barlow)
Star One
Triptykon
Circle II Circle
Corrosion of Conformity
Mojobone
Karmachatka
King Hobo
Crowbar
Days of The New
Danzig

And is they ever reunite again:

Conception
Paris
Spirit Caravan
Abstrakt Algebra

DethMaiden
10-12-2010, 10:57 AM
For smaller bands, it's ridiculous to make this list because there will ALWAYS be smaller bands I still need to see, but for metal's top tier in popularity heavy hitters, once I see Anthrax and Slayer on Thursday, all that's left is Metallica.

And perhaps Ozzy, but I did have a ticket to see him once and left hours before he played, which probably means I'll never go see him.

EDIT: The bands I most want to see that I haven't are Immortal and My Dying Bride, both of whom rarely play on this side of the pond, and for both of whom I would probably go to a European festival.

idrinkwine732
10-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Agalloch
Blind Guardian

I'll be seeing both of these, but crossing off Agalloch is hands down the biggest one yet. I knew I'd see Iron Maiden eventually (twice, Jay ;)) but I wasn't sure Agalloch would play live by me.

Still on my list are...

Explosions in the Sky (unless miracle happens)
Immortal
Insomnium
Anathema
Martriden
Bolt Thrower
Cobalt
Sigur Rós
Vektor
Anthrax

Sanitarium78
10-12-2010, 01:43 PM
King Diamond
Mercyful Fate
Iced Earth
Faith No More (headlining, saw them with Metallica and GnR in 1992)
Alice In Chains (saw them in 1992 but haven't seen the new lineup yet)
Anthrax (With Belladonna)
Savatage (that's probably not happening though)
Soundgarden
Judas Priest

That's about it. I've seen most of the bands that i've really wanted to already.

Maiden33
10-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Savatage (that's probably not happening though)

Definitely not happening.

maidenpriest
10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Megadeth
Slayer (i know they have both been touring like crazy recently but I had no money :( )
Nevermore
Edguy/Avantasia (Either one)
Anthrax

illuminatus917
10-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Iron Maiden.

Maiden33
10-12-2010, 10:38 PM
RIOT. Now that Tony Moore is back again (again), I want them to finish this new fucking album and tour a little bit. Sure, there'll be no representation of the Dimeo era at all, but I don't care. I want to see Mark Reale play 90 minutes of Riot songs, regardless of what era they're coming from.

I think they're the only one edging towards retirement I fear I may never get a shot at. Oh, and Fates Warning. Sadly I gave up a dream Fates Warning show to see this year.

Bands I don't see retiring soon but are still near the top of my list:
-Evergrey (one of these years, I've been waiting impatiently for 6 years now)
-Nocturnal Rites (missed a great chance this year, sadly)
-Seventh Wonder (see Nocturnal Rites)
-Redemption (they never fucking play, so I'm not really missing anything, but I'd love to see them)
-Royal Hunt (Hahahaha yeah right)
-LORD (mostly because of Dungeon nostalgia, but doubtful it will ever happen)
-Vanishing Point (doubtful it will ever happen)
-Jorn Lande in some form. I really don't give a fuck how.
-Whitesnake (I have NO idea how this hasn't happened yet, but nevertheless, it hasn't)

Also if Bruce Dickinson and Savatage ever do the unlikely and reform for some shows - if there's ANYTHING in the USA, I'm there. Also, Avantasia isn't really a band, and Tobi says all the time they're not gonna keep touring, but I hope as usual, he's bluffing. Seeing this come to America would be a long-time dream realized for me.

JLRedWing13
10-12-2010, 10:53 PM
With Maiden and Megadeth off the list, my list goes like this:

RUSH

Then everybody else:

Soundgarden
Blind Guardian
Ozzy Osbourne
Vektor
Skeletonwitch
Exodus
Anthrax
Pearl Jam
AC/DC
Gojira
Iced Earth

idrinkwine732
10-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Ozzy Osbourne
Skeletonwitch
Exodus
Gojira

Suck it, Jay ;)

You'll be seeing Skeletonwitch real soon though right?

JLRedWing13
10-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Suck it, Jay ;)

You'll be seeing Skeletonwitch real soon though right?
Most likely. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to go to this upcoming tour. I'll be seeing Ozzy in February as well....

ravenheart
12-03-2010, 05:34 AM
With Rob Zombie coming to the UK next year, Pentagram are now comfortably top of my must-see list.

Sepultura69
12-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Bands that I NEED to see...

Sodom - I was suppose to go see them back in May of this year but they canceled the show on the last minute....no rescheduled dates :(

Black Sabbath - if they ever decided to get back together an do some ozzfest/headlining tour

SEPULTURA - Classic 86-93 Reunion line up with Max, Igor, Andreas and Paolo.....if it ever happends

Pink Floyd - I doubt it but I will still hold out on some hope untill David or Roger crokes and drops dead

Iron Maiden - Had the opportunity to see this legendary band 2 times. My friends had a free ticket and offered me to go see Maiden with them in 2008 with anthrax as the opening band at the Irvine Verizon Wireless ampitheater.....Unfortunately it was on a busy friday. Sadly I couldn't go because of shit beyond my control(to be more specific I was working a full time job from 07-08 and they called me on the last minute...day of the show...which was on a friday night and I was closing:flame:)....To make it up I bought lawn tickets to go see Maiden this year around the week of my birthday in San bernardino back in june......Sadly shit happend, I couldn't go and I gave my ticket to a friend....I really couldn't go...shit happends, it was beyond my control! Not worth typing on here.... :((You think I wouldn't wanna go see one of the greatest bands ever especially on my birthday!??...SHIIIT...you're crazy if you think otherwise :cool:)

Transmetal - the four fathers of Latin Heavy metal Music. I really hope they come to America again. They haven't played since 2006....From what I am hearing they are banned from playing in America :(

Cetlic Frost/Triptykon

Fear Factory

Mercyful Fate

Mayhem

Pearl jam

SADUS!!:rocker:

Exumer :rocker:

Just to name a few.

EDIT: CAN'T FORGET RUSH!!!..

ravenheart
12-03-2010, 04:08 PM

That this was an edit tells me you can ;)

jhdeity
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Bands that I NEED to see...

Sodom - I was suppose to go see them back in May of this year but they canceled the show on the last minute....no rescheduled dates :(

Black Sabbath - if they ever decided to get back together an do some ozzfest/headlining tour

SEPULTURA - Classic 86-93 Reunion line up with Max, Igor, Andreas and Paolo.....if it ever happends

Pink Floyd - I doubt it but I will still hold out on some hope untill David or Roger crokes and drops dead

Iron Maiden - Had the opportunity to see this legendary band 2 times. My friends had a free ticket and offered me to go see Maiden with them in 2008 with anthrax as the opening band at the Irvine Verizon Wireless ampitheater.....Unfortunately it was on a busy friday. Sadly I couldn't go because of shit beyond my control(to be more specific I was working a full time job from 07-08 and they called me on the last minute...day of the show...which was on a friday night and I was closing:flame:)....To make it up I bought lawn tickets to go see Maiden this year around the week of my birthday in San bernardino back in june......Sadly shit happend, I couldn't go and I gave my ticket to a friend....I really couldn't go...shit happends, it was beyond my control! Not worth typing on here.... :((You think I wouldn't wanna go see one of the greatest bands ever especially on my birthday!??...SHIIIT...you're crazy if you think otherwise :cool:)

Transmetal - the four fathers of Latin Heavy metal Music. I really hope they come to America again. They haven't played since 2006....From what I am hearing they are banned from playing in America :(

Cetlic Frost/Triptykon

Fear Factory

Mercyful Fate

Mayhem

Pearl jam

SADUS!!:rocker:

Exumer :rocker:

Just to name a few.

I just found my longsleeve Sepultura concert shirt from the Sepultura/Sadus/Obituary show. It is by far the coolest concert shirt I ever purchased. I've seem remakes but this is the real deal. As much as I worship the shirt and the memories it's goin on ebay unless I can drop 20 lbs STAT!

Sepultura69
12-04-2010, 02:22 PM
I just found my longsleeve Sepultura concert shirt from the Sepultura/Sadus/Obituary show. It is by far the coolest concert shirt I ever purchased. I've seem remakes but this is the real deal. As much as I worship the shirt and the memories it's goin on ebay unless I can drop 20 lbs STAT!

Dude This sounds wierd of me to ask(even though I have seen other people do it on another thread) but can you post a picture of the shirt? Front and back? I would really like to see it :rocker:

Sepultura, Sadus and Obituary are some of my favorite metal bands(out of all those 3 bands I have only been lucky enough to see Obituary in concert. But to witness all 3 on one bill sounds epic. Who headlined?) :rocker:

jhdeity
12-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Dude This sounds wierd of me to ask(even though I have seen other people do it on another thread) but can you post a picture of the shirt? Front and back? I would really like to see it :rocker:

Sepultura, Sadus and Obituary are some of my favorite metal bands(out of all those 3 bands I have only been lucky enough to see Obituary in concert. But to witness all 3 on one bill sounds epic. Who headlined?) :rocker:

Yeah I will. Probably tomorrow. Getting ready to go on a 'Santa Stumble" bar crawl. It's black with all purple and yellow print.

Sepultura headlined, Obituary 2nd and Sadus opened. I met Igor just walking through the crowd before the show started. I remember Sadus played Certain Death, The Wake, Black, Last Abide, Illusions and closed with Oracle of Omission. I wasn't really into Obituarty then so I mingled while they played. Sepultura killed it. It was the Chaos AD tour and they still played Troops of Doom, RIP & Escape to the Void for the old school fans. One of my 5 fav shows ever.

JRA
12-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Overkill (again)
Rush
Motorhead (even though their setlists are sucky)

Sepultura69
12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Overkill (again)
Rush
Motorhead (even though their setlists are sucky)

I've seen motorhead twice in concert. They're pretty awesome but yes I agree the sets they've been playing for awhile now are very predictable and boring.....but iron fist is always nice :rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
12-04-2010, 04:23 PM
I saw Overkill and Motorhead on the same bill. Both opening for Slayer on the South of Heaven tour.

daimonos
12-04-2010, 08:50 PM
I saw Overkill and Motorhead on the same bill. Both opening for Slayer on the South of Heaven tour.

Slayer was headlining over Motorhead in 1988? I wouldn't have expected that.

DementedX14
12-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Deftones
Rammstein
Opeth
Agalloch
Tool
Fear Factory
System of a Down
Down
Slipknot

goregutsbleed
01-15-2011, 09:41 PM
metallica-i missed them when they came to fresno california cause i had no money

megadeth
ozzy
deicide
morbid angel
exodus
amon amarth
dimmu borgir
cradle of filth
king diamond
motorhead
iron maiden
venom
acdc
blue oyster cult
lacuna coil
gwar

slapguitarer
01-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are my main priorities right now. I'm seeing Ozzy next month and I'm pretty sure every other band I want to see that I haven't already is going to be around for a while.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot King Diamond and Mercyful Fate.

adamclark52
01-22-2011, 05:16 PM
I hope to see Faith No More and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. That's really it. Most of the bands I listen to aren't going anywhere anytime soon so I'm sure I'll get to see them some time.

[EDIT] and Morbid Angel

El Gordo
01-22-2011, 05:49 PM
I think Testament's the only band I really need to see before they call it quits... the last two songs of their set opening for Heaven & Hell didn't quite cut it, man that was a piss off.

A reunited Kyuss would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath... oh and Soundgarden too.

ravenheart
04-24-2012, 07:06 AM
I've ticked a few off since this thread was active, so update time!

Scorpions
Soundgarden (seeing in June)
King Diamond (seeing in June)
Gojira
Obsessed
Venom
Brainstorm
Ledfoot
Tony Martin (seeing in July)
Ray Wilson
Mojobone
Foresaken
Iron Man
Solitude Aeturnus
Triptykon
Circle II Circle
Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper)
King Hobo
Days of The New
Danzig

And if they ever reunite/tour again:

Conception
Bruce Dickinson
Reverend Bizarre
Paris
Spirit Caravan
Abstrakt Algebra

And there are a bunch of young doom bands I'd love to see, but they've probably got a few years left.

brutal_descent
04-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Updated list:

Agalloch
Anaal Nathrakh
Arsis
At the Gates
Black Breath
Black Sabbath
Brand New
Carcass
Church of Misery
Clutch
Coroner
Corrosion of Conformity
Cynic
A Day to Remember
Death From Above 1979
Deicide
Down
Dream Theater
Enslaved
Faith No More
Forbidden
Goatwhore
Godflesh
Harm's Way
High on Fire
Immortal
La Dispute
Morbid Angel
Municipal Waste
Nachtmystium
Nails
Neurosis
Nile
Nine Inch Nails
Origin
Overkill
Pelican
Periphery
Porcupine Tree
Queens of the Stone Age
Radiohead
Refused
Revocation
Saint Vitus
Symphony X
Trap Them
Vallenfyre
Vektor
Warbringer
Wolves In the Throne Room
Wormrot
The xx

brutal_descent
04-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Scorpions
Soundgarden
Gojira
Triptykon

Well, I've seen these guys!

ravenheart
04-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Well, I've seen these guys!

Clutch
Saint Vitus
Porcupine Tree
Down
Dream Theater
Carcass
Overkill
Pentagram

And I've seen these... but that's not really relevant, is it? :finger:

brutal_descent
04-24-2012, 07:39 AM
And I've seen these... but that's not really relevant, is it? :finger:

Did you see Carcass at SRF or something?

ravenheart
04-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Did you see Carcass at SRF or something?

Gods of Metal, same year they played SRF (don't recall who I was watching instead at SRF).

EDIT: and the answer, apparently, is Zeppelin and Sabbath cover bands

brutal_descent
04-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Gods of Metal.

By chance or because you were planning to watch them?

ravenheart
04-24-2012, 08:10 AM
By chance or because you were planning to watch them?

By chance. There were no clashes at all at GOM that year, the two stages alternated. I was waiting for Dream Theater.

brutal_descent
04-24-2012, 08:14 AM
By chance. There were no clashes at all at GOM that year, the two stages alternated. I was waiting for Dream Theater.

I'll trade you Triptykon for that Carcass performance ;)

metallicbrian666
04-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Godflesh

DementedX14
04-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Here is my updated list:

Agalloch
Anathema
At the Gates (If they ever come back here)
Carcass (Same as ATG)
Insomnium
Hypocrisy
Limp Bizkit
Tool
Fear Factory
Faith No More
System of a Down
Down
Slayer
Slipknot
Staind
Sevendust

Natrlhi
04-24-2012, 10:31 AM
I'll trade you Triptykon for that Carcass performance ;)
I've seen them both. :finger:

Natrlhi
04-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are my main priorities right now.Believe it or not, as ancient as I am, I've never seen either one. I'd love to, but I don't think it's in the cards for this year, and by the looks of it that means I may never get to see them.

brutal_descent
04-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Believe it or not, as ancient as I am, I've never seen either one. I'd love to, but I don't think it's in the cards for this year, and by the looks of it that means I may never get to see them.

Really? That sucks. I bet you'll still get a chance to see Maiden, though. Those guys aren't going anywhere yet.

Natrlhi
04-24-2012, 10:46 AM
I bet you'll still get a chance to see Maiden, though.Maybe. Between them and Priest, though, I'd rather see the latter. They are actually the band that got me into metal. :light:

On the plus side, I've seen a lot of the other legends, though, such as AC/DC, Slayer, Metallica, Anthrax, Exodus, Destruction, Motörhead, Overkill, etc. back when they were in their primes.

(and of course the one almost everybody on here knows about, whose name I won't mention ;))

IrritatedTrout
04-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Who do you need to see before they quit the biz? I'm pretty lucky, in that I've seen the majority of my favorite bands, but there are still a few left that I'm dying to see at some point.

My list would be:

-Slayer (had to pass on these guys 3 freakin times)
-Dio
-Rush (S+A tour came through my hometown in 07 and my dumbass didn't like Rush back then:mad:)
-Blaze Bayley (if I didn't live in North America I would have dozens of chances to see him)
-Agalloch (3 NA dates a year just doesn't cut it, guys)
-Blind Guardian (I missed their last NA tour because I couldn't drive back then:snivel:)
-Blue Oyster Cult
-King Diamond (anxiously awaiting that rumored '10 US tour:allan:)
-Saxon

Seen Slayer, Ozzy, Rush, Agalloch, and BoC. Don't give a shit about Saxon or King Diamond anymore. Dio won't happen and Bruce Dickinson is unlikely.

So a new list would be (not counting those I'm seeing this summer like Scorpions, Zombie, and SOAD):

AC/DC
Blaze Bayley
Soundgarden (stupidly passed on this show last summer)
Deep Purple
Blind Guardian
Primus
Public Enemy

GarageMetal468
04-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Carcass, Sodom and Blind Guardian

treghet
04-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Don't give a shit about Saxon or King Diamond anymore.

Does not compute.

IrritatedTrout
04-24-2012, 12:07 PM
I mean, seeing King would be interesting but if I don't then I won't lose sleep.

kalfitegrdan
04-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Holy Shit, there's a lot of 'em...

Rush
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden (hopefully seeing this Summer)
Sodom
Kreator
Black Sabbath
Sadus
King Diamond
Mayhem
Obituary
Saint Vitus
Overkill
Motorhead (again, hopefully this Summer)
Agalloch
Morbid Angel
Venom
Anaal Nathrakh
Bloodbath
Carcass
At the Gates
Blind Guardian
Make Them Suffer
We Butter the Bread with Butter
Asphyx
Benighted

I could go on and on...

Gonna end it with two shows that I will regret missing for the rest of my life:
-Missing Slayer play Seasons in the Abyss (my all-time favorite album) in its entirety.
-Going to see Between the Buried and Me with a friend instead of seeing Anal Cunt by myself last Easter.

MPF
04-25-2012, 04:05 PM
My list has been getting shorter and shorter but I will list bands that I'm not already locked in to see this year yet, or have already seen:

Porcupine Tree
Pain Of Salvation
Agalloch
Wolves In The Throne Room
Anathema
Iron Maiden
Alice Cooper
Clutch

I think that's it for my absolutely must sees.

slapguitarer
04-25-2012, 04:07 PM
We Butter the Bread with Butter

wut

masterguy49
04-25-2012, 04:10 PM
wut

This :lol:

That was quite the surprise

John The Drummer
04-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Two I regret not seeing, but obviously their retirement was out of anyones control...

Dio
Woods of Ypres

Otherwise....
Black Sabbath
Rush
Megadeth
Mercyful Fate (i can hope!)
King Diamond
Motorhead
Venom

IrritatedTrout
04-25-2012, 07:48 PM
My list has been getting shorter and shorter but I will list bands that I'm not already locked in to see this year yet, or have already seen:

Porcupine Tree
Pain Of Salvation
Agalloch
Wolves In The Throne Room
Anathema
Iron Maiden
Alice Cooper
Clutch

I think that's it for my absolutely must sees.

Aren't you going to one of the Maiden/Cooper shows this summer?

kalfitegrdan
04-25-2012, 08:21 PM
wut

:lol:

They're so bad that it's good, imo.

MPF
04-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Aren't you going to one of the Maiden/Cooper shows this summer?

I'm trying to.

Rocco44
04-25-2012, 11:35 PM
Anathema
Cobalt
Kalmah
Candlemass
Solitude Aeturnus
Paradise Lost
Ahab
Sigur Ros
Draconian (not sure if I really want to anymore)
Evergrey
Rage Against The Machine
While Heaven Wept
40 Watt Sun

Christen
04-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Really the only band I can list is Metallica. I would add RUSH but I'll be seeing them in September.