The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Stone Cold Crazy
Whiplash
Seek & Destroy

This is the first of two nights in Toronto. This set isn't too bad 3 off RTL is cool but only one off MOP:confused:at least they only did one cover and that's never a bad thing. Because when you see Metallica you actually wanna hear them play Metallica stuff. Only two weeks now until I finally see them on this tour:party:

AnthG
10-27-2009, 07:56 AM
That's pretty awesome. I'm going to the 2nd T.O. show tonight. Hoping they keep Fade to Black in the set.

passty
10-27-2009, 08:10 AM
awesome set. going tonight. I'm praying for Creeping Death man

King_Cobra_Venom666
10-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Now that was a fucking awesome set, this was my very first time seeing this band live, and they kicked a ton of ass. Plus they're my all time fav band, so that's awesome.:)

Sanitarium78
10-27-2009, 08:48 AM
I know they're trying to mix up the sets but taking two songs like Creeping Death and FTB that were two of their most played songs live at one time to now only doing them here and there is still a mystery to me. Of the five times i've seen them live i've been fortunate to have heard them do FTB each time and Creeping Death four times. Last time I saw them in 2004 the did FFWF instead of Creeping Death and while that was cool to hear and the set had a very good song selection there was just a little something missing with CD not being there.

PowerMaiden
10-27-2009, 12:13 PM
it's not too late to sell your tickets, you can still make a lot of money with it by catching a big fish that would cream his pants just by saying he's going to see Metallica !!!!

ok, I'll stop my Met bashing , enjoy the show if it still doest it for you :)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Maidenmagic
10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I know they're trying to mix up the sets but taking two songs like Creeping Death and FTB that were two of their most played songs live at one time to now only doing them here and there is still a mystery to me. Of the five times i've seen them live i've been fortunate to have heard them do FTB each time and Creeping Death four times. Last time I saw them in 2004 the did FFWF instead of Creeping Death and while that was cool to hear and the set had a very good song selection there was just a little something missing with CD not being there.

I went to the New orleans last year and I was dissapointed that Creeping Death wasn't played. I've never been a big fan of Fade to Black. Best song of the show: Damage Inc. But more people moshed to Roam than that.

Sanitarium78
10-27-2009, 04:03 PM
it's not too late to sell your tickets, you can still make a lot of money with it by catching a big fish that would cream his pants just by saying he's going to see Metallica !!!!

I know you hated the show you went to. Did you see them in Montreal on the second night? I downloaded both shows and while the first night they sounded all right the second night they sounded terrible. Hetefields voice was off way more than usual and the band was not tight at all musically. It's probably the worst i've heard them sound on this tour so far. So if you went on the second night I can understand why you would have a problem the band for whatever reason was just awful on that night. But just so you know they normally don't sound as bad as that live.

SilentSoldier144
10-27-2009, 04:08 PM
But just so you know they normally don't sound as bad as that live.

So they DO sound bad? I knew it! :rocker::finger:

Sanitarium78
10-27-2009, 04:30 PM
So they DO sound bad? I knew it! :rocker::finger:

Yeah it's mainly that Hetefields voice doesn't have any power anymore so he sings most stuff it sounds a bit strange sometimes but that's just his live voice now. Musically though they're usually OK for the most part. Most people who go to shows don't knit pick like we do on this board so I doubt most even notice or care at most of the gigs. Being there live is a whole different thing as opposed to hearing a recording of the show but that goes without saying.

idrinkwine732
10-27-2009, 04:33 PM
No Hit The Lights, so its a bad setlist.

They never play it though...

Sanitarium78
10-27-2009, 04:51 PM
No Hit The Lights, so its a bad setlist.

They never play it though...

It's been played on and off this tour and it's always one of the encore songs. Seems a bit strange to me that with all the great songs they did on the first four albums you would judge the worth of their set based on HTL one song certainly doesn't make the whole set. While it's a good song until recently I don't think it's been played with any regularity since maybe back when they toured for RTL. Creeping Death is my favorite song from them but i won't say this set is bad just because it isn't in there. I think they do put together some solid sets for the most part with a few bad ones every now and then but that's gonna happen when you switch songs up every night.

If you wanna see the history of the current tour you can check the archieves on this page just so you can see how often HTL pops up in the set in case you're wondering at all. They've been touring for a year now so it'll take you a little bit to check through all of them though.

PowerMaiden
10-27-2009, 07:31 PM
yeah the 2 nd show in Montreal was my 10 th and last Metallica concert

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

idrinkwine732
10-27-2009, 08:25 PM
It's been played on and off this tour and it's always one of the encore songs. Seems a bit strange to me that with all the great songs they did on the first four albums you would judge the worth of their set based on HTL one song certainly doesn't make the whole set. While it's a good song until recently I don't think it's been played with any regularity since maybe back when they toured for RTL. Creeping Death is my favorite song from them but i won't say this set is bad just because it isn't in there. I think they do put together some solid sets for the most part with a few bad ones every now and then but that's gonna happen when you switch songs up every night.

If you wanna see the history of the current tour you can check the archieves on this page just so you can see how often HTL pops up in the set in case you're wondering at all. They've been touring for a year now so it'll take you a little bit to check through all of them though.
Nah, I'm not serious about the set. I'm just extreme about that song, they skipped over it when I saw em a while back and I've been angry about it for a long time...

Natrlhi
10-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Nah, I'm not serious about the set. I'm just extreme about that song, they skipped over it when I saw em a while back and I've been angry about it for a long time...

10/30: Cannabis Corpse
11/6: Cormorant (?)
11/21: Dethklok/Mastodon

You bastard. I want to see Cormorant live. Well if you do go, be sure to tell them that they have a big fan in Ohio - the guys (and gals) in Giant Squid (another awesome Bay Area band) were pumped when I told them they had a few huge fans this far East. You guys also get Grayceon and La Fin du Monde, too - plus Helms Alee (if you don't mind driving north for a while) and other bands like that. You fuckers. ;)

dunkman66
11-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Man... Fade To Black totally made my night. I've never had the pleasure to see Metallica live before, so them whipping that one out was quite awesome.

idrinkwine732
11-10-2009, 09:53 PM
You bastard. I want to see Cormorant live. Well if you do go, be sure to tell them that they have a big fan in Ohio - the guys (and gals) in Giant Squid (another awesome Bay Area band) were pumped when I told them they had a few huge fans this far East. You guys also get Grayceon and La Fin du Monde, too - plus Helms Alee (if you don't mind driving north for a while) and other bands like that. You fuckers. ;)

I've heard a lot of great things about Giant Squid, I'll give em a listen.

The SF scene is starting to become good again.