PDA

View Full Version : Black Eyed Peas -- Pasadena, CA -- October 25th, 2009

ijwthstd
10-26-2009, 10:50 AM
@ the Rose Bowl.

09. Sweet Child O' Mine (with Slash)

and a bunch of what I presume were Black Eyed Peas songs.

U2 also played but I only knew about 5 songs.

I was going to go see Ennio Morricone conducting the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra with a live rendition of "Intro Tapes For Rock Concerts" but it got cancelled.

Derelict
10-26-2009, 10:55 AM
I think the black eyed peas might be the worst current band. Apologies to mankvill, who is in love with fergie

Skinny Juice
10-26-2009, 11:02 AM
This is metalsetlists.com, it should stay that way. Please post this lack-of-setlist for genericpopradiocrapsetlists.com

Thank you.

JRA
10-26-2009, 11:18 AM
This is metalsetlists.com, it should stay that way. Please post this lack-of-setlist for genericpopradiocrapsetlists.com

Thank you.

I am gonna have to agree here. Enough is enough with this shit. Led Zeppelin, Kiss, and Rush may not exactly be metal but at least they are some classifiable form of hard rock. Just because you go see a band live doesn't mean you post their set here. I saw Rakim twice and you don't see me posting his stuff here.

DethMaiden
10-26-2009, 11:23 AM
herr derr not metal lemme post my 5 finger death punch setlist bro

JRA
10-26-2009, 11:32 AM
herr derr not metal lemme post my 5 finger death punch setlist bro

That argument is completely irrelevant and you know it.

DethMaiden
10-26-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't think there should be an argument. If I gather a setlist, I'm posting it here, and I don't care if its metal or not. You shouldn't have to go join a different website to post a setlist. It's all Internet, and people searching are going to find it. We don't need to be the douchebags over at metal-archives and patrol the board.

JRA
10-26-2009, 11:38 AM
I don't think it's patrolling when it's right up top on the latest setlists feed.

It's not even a full setlist. It just says "Oh Slash played SCOM." He could have just as well post it in the "What are you doing thread."

Besides it's not like these things stop 5 finger death punch or bands we don't like setlists getting posted anyway. Opeth still gets posted all the time.:D

IrritatedTrout
10-26-2009, 11:50 AM
I am gonna have to agree here. Enough is enough with this shit. Led Zeppelin, Kiss, and Rush may not exactly be metal but at least they are some classifiable form of hard rock. Just because you go see a band live doesn't mean you post their set here. I saw Rakim twice and you don't see me posting his stuff here.

This is how I feel. Kiss, Rush, AC/DC, Blue Oyster Cult, Alice Cooper, etc aren't metal but they influenced the genre and they're usually enjoyed and appreciated (at least to some degree) by the metal fanbase. Crappy pop music isn't.

That said, I'm not gonna give this guy hell for it because a) He usually makes really good posts of old setlists and it's cool to see who was playing what decades ago b) Technically, this list only addresses Slash and a GnR cover, a band that probably fits the description of being hard rock but accepted by the metal community at large.

mankvill
10-26-2009, 11:55 AM
I think the black eyed peas might be the worst current band. Apologies to mankvill, who is in love with fergie

DON'T EVEN JOKE, MOTHERFUCKER!

Bitch looks like how rotten cheese smells!

mastodon421
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM

So rotten cheese smells good:D

mankvill
10-26-2009, 12:00 PM
So rotten cheese smells good:D

:barf:

Derelict
10-26-2009, 12:01 PM
DON'T EVEN JOKE, MOTHERFUCKER!

Fergie in high def should come with an explicit content warning

mankvill
10-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Wait, so does this mean I shouldn't post a Ben Folds setlist tonight?

DethMaiden
10-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Wait, so does this mean I shouldn't post a Ben Folds setlist tonight?

Post it in the What Are You Doing Thread bro. The internet tuff guys won't find it there.

mankvill
10-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Post it in the What Are You Doing Thread bro. The internet tuff guys won't find it there.

But Ben Folds is metal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brErUo3exDE

DethMaiden
10-26-2009, 12:12 PM
But Ben Folds is metal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brErUo3exDE

:lol: :fist:

ijwthstd
10-26-2009, 12:32 PM

I've been to 122 shows this year. I haven't even come close to posting all the setlists.

Fe Maiden
10-26-2009, 12:58 PM
WTF? I can understand posting the U2 setlist if you actually had it but The Black Eyed Peas????:tp:

The Ancient Mariner
10-26-2009, 01:22 PM
1. This is metalsetlists.com, it should stay that way. Please post this lack-of-setlist for genericpopradiocrapsetlists.com

Thank you.

2. I am gonna have to agree here. Enough is enough with this shit. Led Zeppelin, Kiss, and Rush may not exactly be metal but at least they are some classifiable form of hard rock. Just because you go see a band live doesn't mean you post their set here. I saw Rakim twice and you don't see me posting his stuff here.

3. I don't think there should be an argument. If I gather a setlist, I'm posting it here, and I don't care if its metal or not. You shouldn't have to go join a different website to post a setlist. It's all Internet, and people searching are going to find it. We don't need to be the douchebags over at metal-archives and patrol the board.

4. Apologies to mankvill, who is in love with fergie

1. Agreed. This is Metal Setlists not fucking Top Of The Pops :mad:

2. I'm seeing Madness in December with the missus cos she likes them ... 2 weeks before that I'm seeing Slayer (by myself of course!). I'll be posting the Slayer setlist on here, but Madness? ... not a fucking chance!!! :eyes:

3. I'm sure I said in point #1 this is a Metal Setlists Website???

4. Like Mankvill, I'm in love with Fergie too!!! :drool: Well, perhaps it's not love but I'd still like to stick my *#%$ between her #@*~ and +%!" in her face!!! :eek: ;)

The Ancient Mariner
10-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Let's Get it Started ... mmm ;)
Rock That Body :D
Meet Me Halfway ;)
Big Girls Don't Cry
Pump It :tongue:
Where Is the Love? ... Who gives a fuck!!!
Boom Boom Pow ... yes please!!! :eek:
Sweet Child o' Mine (with Slash) :eyes:
I Gotta Feeling ... me too!!! :drool:

Just to clear it up!!! :wtf:

jhdeity
10-26-2009, 03:34 PM
For the record Fergie used to suck black snake for meth back in high school. A dumpster/receptacle who makes it big is kind of a turn on.

Other than that I'd rather hear about all the hot hosebags that were at the show rather than any of the setlists from said show.

Maiden33
10-26-2009, 05:24 PM
The perfect solution:

We get a subform of Setlists and Gig Reports and make it for non-metal bands. Thusly the spirit of setlists-for-the-sake-of-setlists a la Brad is retained, but the spirit of "This is MetalSetlists" a la most other people is also maintained. Everyone wins, aside from the Mods, who have to bother with this.

My :2cents:

DethMaiden
10-26-2009, 05:25 PM
The perfect solution:

We get a subform of Setlists and Gig Reports and make it for non-metal bands. Thusly the spirit of setlists-for-the-sake-of-setlists a la Brad is retained, but the spirit of "This is MetalSetlists" a la most other people is also maintained. Everyone wins, aside from the Mods, who have to bother with this.

My :2cents:

I've thought about this.

mankvill
10-26-2009, 08:48 PM
It's not like people are going to come here looking for Black Eyed Peas setlists, lol.

If 99% of the sets posted are metal, and 1% aren't, I think I'm okay with that.

Now, lemme post my Ben Folds review :D

666ways2love
10-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Well, this is Metal set lists.... And if anyone has seen what the U2 stage looks like, I think you can agree....that's ALOT of metal

vegaseric
10-27-2009, 12:56 PM
stop crying ladies

Fratt
10-27-2009, 01:23 PM
We don't need to be the douchebags over at metal-archives and patrol the board.

Patrolling in perfectly alright, especially at dawn.

The Ancient Mariner
10-27-2009, 01:28 PM

Yeah, me too :agree:

mastodon421
10-27-2009, 02:06 PM
It's not like people are going to come here looking for Black Eyed Peas setlists, lol.

Now, lemme post my Ben Folds review :D

Amen 100% agree

Fires Of Sedition
10-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I suddenly got the urge to post the Audio Adrenaline set list from when I accidentally saw them back in 7th or 8th grade at a water park..

xStructualDefect
10-28-2009, 01:55 AM
I suddenly got the urge to post the Audio Adrenaline set list from when I accidentally saw them back in 7th or 8th grade at a water park..

lol how can you accidentally see them and accidentally know the setlist?

ijwthstd
10-28-2009, 09:06 AM

I've accidentally seen Alice In Chains 6 times.

Fires Of Sedition
10-28-2009, 09:11 AM

I didn't know they were going to be there and I don't know the setlist. I was being sarcastic.

Acruce_Mortem
10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
this band makes me want to piss my pants.