PDA

View Full Version : Apple is fulfilling prophecy

ChildrenofSodom
10-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Parody (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/apple_introduces_revolutionary)

Actual product (http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20091020/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_apple_new_macs)

Ridiculous.

Also, Jeff Tate lol

Butcher of Birth
10-20-2009, 10:11 AM
HA! "Available in 3 to 15 months" hahaha

Oh Mac ;)

DethMaiden
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
This is pretty much how the mouse works on my Macbook Pro, and it's stupidly easy to use.

SomewhereInTime72
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
:hmm:

Div
10-20-2009, 10:53 AM
the funniest part of that article...

"apple unleashed its cheapest computer product... a one thousand dollar laptop"

now even the poorest of bro's can get an apple laptop to browse facebook and compare prices on dumbass North Face coats while in class.

DethMaiden
10-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Here we go again.

Fact: Some people who use Apple products are douchebags about it.
Fact: Some people who use PCs are gamer fags.
Fact: I use a Mac and an iPod and both have been very good to me.
Fact: I am not a douchebag.

Fiction: All people who use a given product act a certain way.

ChildrenofSodom
10-20-2009, 11:06 AM
My friend has one, and literally only uses it for web browsing, word processing and music. What a waste haha.

DethMaiden
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
My friend has one, and literally only uses it for web browsing, word processing and music. What a waste haha.

Who, me? :eyes:

I don't think you have to use Macs for special things to justify buying them. For some people it's just a very elegant, easy to navigate piece of machinery.

powerslave_85
10-20-2009, 11:14 AM
The trackpad on the new Macbook Pros really is fucking awesome. I love it.

And I'm not getting into this argument again. It's dumb.

DethMaiden
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
The trackpad on the new Macbook Pros really is fucking awesome. I love it.

And I'm not getting into this argument again. It's dumb.

It's very nice because I don't have to use a particular spot to click, it's just wherever my finger is. And the fact that it recognizes whether I have one or two fingers down is badass.

mankvill
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Here we go again.

All people with Mac's are douchebags! Don't hide it.

powerslave_85
10-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Really what this boils down to is people being way too caught up in caring about how other people spend their money, which is odd to me.

SomewhereInTime72
10-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Here we go again.

Fact: You could have paid much less for a better product.

:bliss:

IrritatedTrout
10-20-2009, 01:26 PM
the funniest part of that article...

"apple unleashed its cheapest computer product... a one thousand dollar laptop"

now even the poorest of bro's can get an apple laptop to browse facebook and compare prices on dumbass North Face coats while in class.

I love my North Face jacket... and gloves... and beanie.:eyes::D

JRA
10-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Actually I think I have a North Face jacket too.

*checks closet*

Yup, I do.

ChildrenofSodom
10-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I wasn't trying to start an argument. I was just pointing out a funny fake news article and a funny real news article. The Onion was prophetic.

Div
10-20-2009, 06:43 PM
http://www.campist.com/archives/the-north-face-stitchless-fountainhead-guide-jacket.jpg

This plain (and sorta ugly) looking jacket is $450? I don't get it...

I can understand if you're an ice road trucker or something, but why would anyone need to spend that much on a jacket just to walk around on a campus in new jersey?

ChildrenofSodom
10-20-2009, 06:49 PM
I can understand if you're an ice road trucker or something, but why would anyone need to spend that much on a jacket just to walk around on a campus in Ohio?

Its chic. Its a show of wealth. All the rich girls at OSU walk around with their North Face jackets and designer jeans tucked into Ugg boots.

Div
10-20-2009, 06:51 PM
Its chic. Its a show of wealth. All the rich girls at OSU walk around with their North Face jackets and designer jeans tucked into Ugg boots.

well they can fool themselves with their temporary fashion trends, but leather is timeless :horns:

Maiden33
10-20-2009, 07:03 PM
well they can fool themselves with their temporary fashion trends, but leather is timeless :horns:

Ugh, this reminds me that sometime between now and Saturday I have to attempt to find a leather vest for a reasonable price. I'm so pissed I missed the window to use Ebay to my advantage.

TonyD
10-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Did some one say jacket?
http://www.grayandholt.com/images/carhartt-j130-jacket.jpg

JRA
10-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Ugh, this reminds me that sometime between now and Saturday I have to attempt to find a leather vest for a reasonable price. I'm so pissed I missed the window to use Ebay to my advantage.

...this is the gayest thing I've ever read on this website.

TonyD
10-20-2009, 08:20 PM

wut

Div
10-20-2009, 08:39 PM
theres nothing wrong with leather vests u guise

http://www.tokyotimes.org/archives/hard_gay01.jpg

EDIT: lol hes using a mac, oh the irony

Maiden33
10-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Alright, just for clarification, the purpose for which I am seeking out a leather vest is to wear to the Renaissance Faire I am going to on Sunday. I want to dress semi-appropriately. Furthermore, my band is going to be taking new promo shots soon, and we're gonna be dressing fairly formally, and I want a vest to wear in the picture.
The look I'm going for is more or less the way I look in this picture:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs234.snc1/8132_1245752941021_1145330772_774863_3638551_n.jpg

Dextrimental
10-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Alright, just for clarification, the purpose for which I am seeking out a leather vest is to wear to the Renaissance Faire I am going to on Sunday. I want to dress semi-appropriately. Furthermore, my band is going to be taking new promo shots soon, and we're gonna be dressing fairly formally, and I want a vest to wear in the picture.
The look I'm going for is more or less the way I look in this picture:
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs234.snc1/8132_1245752941021_1145330772_774863_3638551_n.jpg

Would a formal vest from a tux (cant remember its name at this very moment) not serve the purpose, for the photos anyway?

Maiden33
10-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Would a formal vest from a tux (cant remember its name at this very moment) not serve the purpose, for the photos anyway?

Eh, maybe, but it's not really what I'm looking for. Either way I still don't have one of those either, haha. The reason why I'm pissed is that I couldn't buy one via the internet until just recently, when it is too late to get it shipped here in time. For the purposes I want it, I can justify spending $9 + $7 shipping and getting it online, but I can't justify spending $60 or $70 (I don't have) on a nice one from an actual store.

Dextrimental
10-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Eh, maybe, but it's not really what I'm looking for. Either way I still don't have one of those either, haha. The reason why I'm pissed is that I couldn't buy one via the internet until just recently, when it is too late to get it shipped here in time. For the purposes I want it, I can justify spending $9 + $7 shipping and getting it online, but I can't justify spending $60 or $70 (I don't have) on a nice one from an actual store.

Oh bummer.. Ask around your mates and contacts and hope for a small miracle then I guess :lol:

es156
10-22-2009, 04:50 PM
EDIT: lol hes using a mac, oh the irony

:lol: