The Midas Effect
An Architect Of Your Demise
?
Dreams Without Courage

Photos & review:
www.rockersdigest.com/reviews/299/Devil-Driver

JoshuaB81285
10-19-2009, 07:52 AM
Bad ass Devildriver set...I wish they'd come back to the states and do their OWN headlining tour, not that Thrash and Burn crap from earlier this year.

Fires Of Sedition
10-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Bad ass Devildriver set...I wish they'd come back to the states and do their OWN headlining tour, not that Thrash and Burn crap from earlier this year.

I agree. I saw them for the third time back in April, headlining for bands I never heard of that suck (I don't even remember they're names except one was Dirtfedd or something like that). The opening band was extremely fucking gay (literally). The only metal looking one in the group was the long haired, bearded, camo shorted guitarist, but he sucked. The rest were wearing hemp sandles and those girl pants that don't go all the way down the leg, I forget what they're called. In the middle of the set the bassist dropped his pick and spent the rest of a song trying to play with his fingers while looking for the pick. After the song he shook his hand and was saying OW! What a pussy. But when DevilDriver came on it was the best performance by them I've seen, for a crowd of MAYBE 50. There was no rail so I was right on the stage, Dez stepped on my fingers multiple times, held the microphone to my mouth and let me sing End Of The Line with him. John Boecklin dropped a drum stick and Jon Miller kicked it to me. After their set they came back on stage to play an encore (I Dreamed I Died) and I got a bass pick from Jon and another drumstick from John. Met the band, got pictures and autographs. Very fun fucking show.

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Let me start by saying Behemoth opening for DevilDriver is total fail.

That being clarified, I think it's awesome that Behemoth are pulling out Alas, The Lord Is Upon Me. They HAVE to open with Daimonos though, and it would be great to hear Shemhaforash :D.

That is a sick DevilDriver set too, why can't they play that when they're headlining here? :(

Metal_Head
10-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Very different Suicide Silence set...only 2 from The Cleansing, and they left out hits like Bludgeoned and The Price of Beauty. Oh well, I can't complain about that set.

mastodon421
10-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Devildriver's set is awesome. i still would like to see Forgiveness is A Six Gun in the set at the some point but still nice set from them.

xStructualDefect
10-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Devildriver's set is awesome. i still would like to see Forgiveness is A Six Gun in the set at the some point but still nice set from them.

i'd love to see a DD headlining tour with SS supporting in the US as much as most people would hate that. maybe this time SS will actually get some good circle pits instead of the singer asking for a circle literally 3x every song and rarely getting any response because their fans are full of douches who don't know what a mosh pit is and look bored in the pit until a breakdown comes on.

idrinkwine732
10-19-2009, 08:25 PM
We are in trouble if Behemoth is supporting DevilDriver...I like DD but still...

wroed
10-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Just posted our review and photos of this show...

http://www.rockersdigest.com/reviews/299/Devil-Driver

I mention my thoughts on Behemoth taking this tour in the review. Obviously done to pick up some new fans.

Lights were dreadful for photos.

Fires Of Sedition
10-20-2009, 01:43 AM
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/80/l_1e16a1afde824eb5abef3dc4a47ec7d3.jpg

That's the one for the show I saw in April. Also, as I said, I Dream I Died was the encore. They told me they'd come back through Oklahoma when they get back in the states. I'd like to see their new stuff live. Hope they can squeeze Pure Sincerity and Forgiveness Is A Six Gun in the set somewhere.

I'm hoping the "?" song is Resurrection Boulevard and if not, it should replace Another Night In London since they won't be playing that one anywhere except London. That main riff is fucking bad boobs.

wroed
10-20-2009, 05:21 AM
Managed to work out the missing song was These Fighting Words

Fires Of Sedition
10-20-2009, 10:13 AM
DAMN! If I don't get to see Resurrection Boulevard live I will kick 1,000 babies.

MisterPatate
10-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Behemoth set list:
Ov Fire & The Void
Demigod
Conquer All
Alas, Lord Is Upon Me
LAM
At The Left Hand Ov God
Slaves Shall Serve
Chant For Eschaton 2000

:confused:
No Antichristian Phenomenon, no As Above So Below, no Decade ov Therion ? (and f*** it, I wanted Lucifer).

I Hope they'll do something different in Antwerpen (on Sunday) (it seems they're co-headlining with DD, and we don't have the same support bands... Arsis & Scar Symmetry instead of TTB & SS)