PDA

View Full Version : Dream "3 opening acts" for Metallica

x-voltage
10-12-2009, 11:07 AM
1. Machine Head
2. Trivium
3. Megadeth (it would never happen, but it would be funny seeing Mustaine open up for Metallica)

Dextrimental
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Opener: Mudvayne
2nd Slot: Alice in Chains
Special Guests: Mastodon, or Lamb of God, Id enjoy both sets a great amount

Megadeth already opened for Metallica in 1994, bizarrely enough..

Sanitarium78
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth

x-voltage
10-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Ya I forgot about 94 and Megadeth. I heard they are trying to get a "Big 4" tour together Sanitarium, with Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. I wonder what the order would be. I think Anthrax would open, Megadeth and Slayer would switch between the 2nd and 3rd slots every night and Metallica would close.

Sanitarium78
10-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Ya I forgot about 94 and Megadeth. I heard they are trying to get a "Big 4" tour together Sanitarium, with Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax. I wonder what the order would be. I think Anthrax would open, Megadeth and Slayer would switch between the 2nd and 3rd slots every night and Metallica would close.

Metallica is deffinately closing the show if it were to happen. Anthrax would be on first and then if you're going by album sales Slayer then Megadeth. If you're going by current popularity Slayer and Megadeth would rotate their spots every other night. Since I think right now they're both about equal in popularity.

Dextrimental
10-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Metallica is deffinately closing the show if it were to happen. Anthrax would be on first and then if you're going by album sales Slayer then Megadeth. If you're going by current popularity Slayer and Megadeth would rotate their spots every other night. Since I think right now they're both about equal in popularity.

I reckon it'd be Anthrax for an hour opening, then Slayer and Megadeth hundred minutes each, then Metallica two hours. It may be wishful thinking, but I know that even though Metallica ar closing the show, its all about the big four, and every band should get a set close enough to a headlining show.. It'd be an all day show, but they'd have choice of whatever venue they want Id say cuz that tour would sell out no matter what.. you're hittin every metal demographic like..

Sanitarium78
10-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I reckon it'd be Anthrax for an hour opening, then Slayer and Megadeth hundred minutes each, then Metallica two hours. It may be wishful thinking, but I know that even though Metallica ar closing the show, its all about the big four, and every band should get a set close enough to a headlining show.. It'd be an all day show, but they'd have choice of whatever venue they want Id say cuz that tour would sell out no matter what.. you're hittin every metal demographic like..

Anthrax would get about 45 mins. Slayer and Megadeth would get around 75 mins each and Metallica would get 2 hours because they're Metallica and people will accept nothing less than that. That would be the set times if I were booking it. I like Anthrax more than Slayer but Slayer is way more popular right now and should get more time than them. A lot of Deth's and Slayers songs are shorter so if they just shut up and play without much chatter to the audience they can get through a bunch of songs in that time frame.

x-voltage
10-12-2009, 06:43 PM
I agree that they should each get equal set times, but that will never happen because of how popular Metallica is over the rest.

JRA
10-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Gamma Ray, Carcass

x-voltage
10-12-2009, 08:41 PM
terrible openers, especially for METALLICA

b_halperin
10-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Testament and Sodom

JRA
10-12-2009, 11:24 PM
terrible openers, especially for METALLICA

Fuck you.

Dextrimental
10-13-2009, 02:11 AM
Anthrax would get about 45 mins. Slayer and Megadeth would get around 75 mins each and Metallica would get 2 hours because they're Metallica and people will accept nothing less than that. That would be the set times if I were booking it. I like Anthrax more than Slayer but Slayer is way more popular right now and should get more time than them. A lot of Deth's and Slayers songs are shorter so if they just shut up and play without much chatter to the audience they can get through a bunch of songs in that time frame.

Well, first off Slayer dont talk to the crowd, they just get up and play. And tbh if Metallica got that much more time than the rest I'd be pissed off, granted theyre Metallica, but if its a BIG FOUR tour, I want to see each band get an equal shot at it, and if Metallica don't allow that, well they deserve any and every word of shit thats ever been spoken about them.

Sanitarium78
10-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Well, first off Slayer dont talk to the crowd, they just get up and play. And tbh if Metallica got that much more time than the rest I'd be pissed off, granted theyre Metallica, but if its a BIG FOUR tour, I want to see each band get an equal shot at it, and if Metallica don't allow that, well they deserve any and every word of shit thats ever been spoken about them.

Keep in mind that Metallica isn't booking this show if it were to happen they have people for that and I think you're giving headline acts too much credit for what ammount of time they give to their openers. They don't really have that much say especially when it comes to festival shows. It's all about popularity with these multi-band lineups. The band who's the biggest draw for the show is gonna get way more time than the bands ahead of them that's the way it's alway been and will continue to be. I don't really have any experience to back this up other than I know that it's a business and it's about making money more than anything.

For example at last year's Mayhemfest I would've loved Machine Head to have gotten more than the 35 minutes they got as the second stage headliners but they didn't and that's on the bookers of the show I put no blame on Slipknot or Disturbed at all.

I'm guessing when shows like this are booked either the bands management or a representative of the venue they're playing at tells the band what the set times will be and that's pritty much it. Whatever the venue gives them is what they got and they just have to make the most of it.

PowerMaiden
10-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Children Of Bodom, Amon Amarth and Slayer

just put one of those 3 bands in and I,m buying a ticket and I skip the headliners

Cheers !
PowerMaiden