PDA

View Full Version : Ed Force One to travel the globe again in 2010

IrritatedTrout
10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=128347

"I'm starting to get my head round what we're going to do next summer. It hasn't been decided yet but we'll do something, so I've got to speak to promoters and agents."

Come to North America! A summer tour in the vein of GMETID would be awesome. I've heard rumors that they will do the Sonisphere festivals in Europe so then they could do a few other Euro shows, a few select South America shows, and NYC, LA, and Toronto! Whatever happens, I will be attending a Maiden gig this summer but I'd love for them to play anywhere in the US or Canada that way I won't have to blow so much of my cash on air travel. I'm so pumped for the summer tour/new album tour! My goal is at least one summer show, 5-7 NA '10 shows, and at least one South America show in '11 (hopefully Costa Rica).

Hopefully Bruce remembers his promise to return to the southeast US in '11 also.

NP: Aces High:rocker:

JRA
10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
SBIT setlist > GMETID setlist, even if Fear of The Dark didn't belong there.

DethMaiden
10-07-2009, 03:14 PM
I'll go back to Toronto if I have to.

rjturtle9
10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
WE WANT MAIDEN!!!

IrritatedTrout
10-07-2009, 03:28 PM
SBIT setlist > GMETID setlist, even if Fear of The Dark didn't belong there.

Yeah, but it won't be a history tour. What I'm saying is a mix of old and new with maybe 1 new album song la GMETID would be cool. Either that or a celebration of the 10 year anniversary of BNW.

TonyD
10-07-2009, 03:35 PM
What the fuck is up with the IM acronyms?
You know that a good chunk of their set, at least a third, will be new material. And this means they will be doing minimal dates in the US.
I don't like Maiden enough to drive to LA, so if it doesn't hit the bay area and/or they pull the "doin teh whole new albem guise," count me out.

ravenheart
10-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Another Summer of ridiculously oversized shows in big fields?

Another year with no Maiden for me then.

This is getting stupid.

mankvill
10-07-2009, 03:56 PM
And this means they will be doing minimal dates in the US.

;_;

DethMaiden
10-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Another Summer of ridiculously oversized shows in big fields?

Another year with no Maiden for me then.

This is getting stupid.

They played an arena in Toronto and it was 100x better than the amphitheater in Cleveland. Indoor sound is just so much better outdoor sound.

ravenheart
10-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Indeed. I've not seen Maiden since 2003, and I won't until they do another arena tour.

I've not problem with outdoor shows/festivals of a sensible size, but Maiden are so bent on playing the biggest crowds possible, it's a waste of time.

I'm only speaking for European shows here.

JRA
10-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Why don't Maiden play a proper British tour? I heard because of the sour relationships with the British music press.

mastodon421
10-07-2009, 04:17 PM
i need to see Maiden Live ASAP so hopefully they come to the states.

Div
10-07-2009, 04:40 PM
a celebration of the 10 year anniversary of BNW.

that would be a HUUUUGE fucking waste of a tour.

the tour will probably be based around the new album, they might even play the whole thing live again.

mankvill
10-07-2009, 04:53 PM

the tour will probably be based around the new album, they might even play the whole thing live again.

fuck youuuuuu, BNW roolz dood

IrritatedTrout
10-07-2009, 05:21 PM

I'm talking about the summer tour. Of course the Fall/Winter '10 tour will be for the new album.

And Ravenheart, wasn't 2006 an arena tour? I don't know my Brit venues too well (for obvious reasons:tongue:) but Earl's Court, the Birmingham NEC, and the like are arenas, yes?

On that same subject, I'd call 2006 a "proper British tour". If memory serves they played Birmingham, Manchester, London (two nights), Cardiff (maybe this is in Wales?), a date in Scotland, and maybe one or two other gigs over there.

SomewhereInTime72
10-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Here's hoping for a tour that in essence is the same type as GMETID, but with a completely different set. ;)

At the very least they should come to NYC and LA, so yaaaaaaaaaaaaay :party: :party: :party:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-07-2009, 05:33 PM
I haven't seen Maiden since 2003 either, but that's because they haven't been back to Dallas since then. :mad:

TonyD
10-07-2009, 05:39 PM
And Ravenheart, wasn't 2006 an arena tour? I don't know my Brit venues too well (for obvious reasons:tongue:) but Earl's Court, the Birmingham NEC, and the like are arenas, yes?

I'm sure Earl's Court is outdoors.
And indoor sound is not necessarily better than outdoor.

IrritatedTrout
10-07-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm sure Earl's Court is outdoors.
And indoor sound is not necessarily better than outdoor.

I looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earls_Court_Exhibition_Centre

Indoor.

Div
10-07-2009, 06:01 PM
fuck youuuuuu, BNW roolz dood

yea, but compared to other maiden albums? no fucking way. theres no way i'd rather stand there and here those overly drawn out and redundant (by other maiden standards) songs played live instead of the classic stuff.

mankvill
10-07-2009, 06:50 PM
yea, but compared to other maiden albums? no fucking way. theres no way i'd rather stand there and here those overly drawn out and redundant (by other maiden standards) songs played live instead of the classic stuff.

i'd like to hear some BNW songs (mostly from the first half) played live. and, in my opinion, it's easily the best album since Bruce came back to Maiden, and to me, it was their best since SSOASS

TonyD
10-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I looked it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earls_Court_Exhibition_Centre

Indoor.

:eek: You're right, I mixed it up with Knebworth because I was going by the Zeppelin DVD.

rjturtle9
10-08-2009, 12:02 AM
i'd like to hear some BNW songs (mostly from the first half) played live. and, in my opinion, it's easily the best album since Bruce came back to Maiden, and to me, it was their best since SSOASS

I really want to hear a lot of the DOD stuff live. It's my favorite album since FOTD