PDA

View Full Version : Unfuckwithable five-album streaks

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 11:37 AM
I spent the majority of my day (including while I was taking a biology exam) trying to think of bands who have put out five albums in a row that were indisputable classics; albums that weren't just great within their own canon but just in general, and were of comparable quality to each other.

I only came up with the runs by Iron Maiden from 1982-1988 and Genesis from 1970-1974. I couldn't quite do it with Rush because I don't think 2112 or Signals stand up to the four discs they bookend. Really no one else even came close in my mind.

Now let the flaming begin because I don't think there's a five-album streak from Sabbath that deserves this distinction. ;)

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Some people are definitely going to disagree with me here, but I think all of the big four are valid here. Their first five are very good in my opinion, and based on the merits you based, I am not comparing them to each other, but overall. I can't think of much others right now, I'll think of em during class D

Dextrimental
10-01-2009, 11:46 AM
I agree with serpentine.. Pantera to me had it with CFH through RTS but I know most people wont agree with me.. Led Zeppelin were close, as were Judas Priest..

JRA
10-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Slayer
Megadeth
Pink Floyd

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Slayer
Megadeth
Pink Floyd

I don't consider Hell Awaits to be a classic.

Not sure where you're seeing the Megadeth streak, first five albums? That would fly if I like Peace Sells nearly as much as the others.

Pink Floyd absolutely not. The classic four are bookended by Obscured By Clouds and the Final Cut.

JRA
10-01-2009, 12:44 PM

Not sure where you're seeing the Megadeth streak, first five albums? That would fly if I like Peace Sells nearly as much as the others.

Pink Floyd absolutely not. The classic four are bookended by Obscured By Clouds and the Final Cut.

a) you are a fool

b) Peace Sells is a classic, "I Ain't Superstitious" or not

c) Meddle, Dark Side, WYWH, Animals, The Wall. 5.

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 12:45 PM
a) you are a fool

b) Peace Sells is a classic, "I Ain't Superstitious" or not

a) :ass:

b) :ass:

c) Obscured By Clouds came out after Meddle or you'd have a case.

JRA
10-01-2009, 01:01 PM
a) :ass:

b) :ass:

c) Obscured By Clouds came out after Meddle or you'd have a case.

Edit: Technically, Obscured by Clouds is a film soundtrack

jhdeity
10-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Sabbath for sure. Their 1st 5 albums are better than ANY bands first 5 albums to me. The weakest is Vol 4 and is still has some incredible music and riffs. Listen to Under the Sun and Cornucopia again and you'll find pure brilliance. I would rate Sabbath's 1st 5 albums like this:

1) Master of Reality
2) Sabotage
3) Paranoid
4) Black Sabbath
5) Vol 4

The Thrill of it All and Megalomania off Sabotage are the 2 best Sabbath songs most people don't know about or didn't let sink in properly. Musical Genius.

Queensryche could be considered if you count the 1st EP as their 1st album.

SomewhereInTime72
10-01-2009, 01:08 PM
I think Priest actually pretty much have it:

Sad Wings, Sin after Sin, Stained Class, HBFL, British Steel

Yeah, the last two aren't quite on the same scale as the first three, but I'd still give it the "unfuckwithable" rating. Especially since immediately after British Steel came one of the most fuckwithable albums they've ever put out.

At first I was sad that King Crimson never has a point where they put out 5 stellar albums in a row (waaaay too many lineup changes), but then I thought about it. Even though there was a huge break in time, the five albums they put out from 1973-1982 are all amazing (some people will likely say no to Beat and Starless, but I love those two, and Larks/Red/Discipline are pretty much all undeniable prog classics). So them too.

I can't really think of more. I noticed a lot of bands go on incredible streaks that last for about 3 albums. 5 is tough. :hmm:

Dextrimental
10-01-2009, 01:09 PM
If you count call of the mastodon then Mastodon have five, either way it will take a disaster for their next album to not be a classic too..

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 01:12 PM
If you count call of the mastodon then Mastodon have five, either way it will take a disaster for their next album to not be a classic too..

Yeah, I was thinking about this too, but I don't think Call of the Mastodon is a classic or even close really.

And the difficulty of putting out five killer albums in a row makes Maiden and Genesis all the more impressive to me, because the first two Maiden albums are almost on par with the next five, and the first two Phil Collins Genesis albums are almost on par with the five that preceded them.

JRA
10-01-2009, 01:14 PM

Yeah, the last two aren't quite on the same scale as the first three, but I'd still give it the "unfuckwithable" rating. Especially since immediately after British Steel came one of the most fuckwithable albums they've ever put out.

Sin After Sin is kinda fuckwithable, as is British Steel.

Edit: and Brad, COTM definitely counts as part of the Mastodon streak.

SomewhereInTime72
10-01-2009, 01:19 PM
The only Mastodon album I would consider to be truly "Unfuckwithable" is Leviathan.
Sin After Sin is kinda fuckwithable, as is British Steel.

I disagree so hard with the first statement. I consider SAS to be Priest's 2nd finest album. :allan: British Steel... maybe... but I still give it a lot of credit for being my (and probably about 75% of all Priest fans) intro to the band.the first two Phil Collins Genesis albums are almost on par with the five that preceded them.

aaaaand A Trick of the Tail is actually better than most of Genesis' PG albums. *runs and hides*

JRA
10-01-2009, 01:23 PM
The only Mastodon album I would consider to be truly "Unfuckwithable" is Leviathan.

I disagree so hard with the first statement. I consider SAS to be Priest's 2nd finest album. :allan: British Steel... maybe... but I still give it a lot of credit for being my (and probably about 75% of all Priest fans) intro to the band.

a) agreed

b) I don't know dude, the studio recordings of Diamonds & Rust and Starbreaker are a little...gay

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 01:23 PM

I disagree so hard with the first statement. I consider SAS to be Priest's 2nd finest album. :allan: British Steel... maybe... but I still give it a lot of credit for being my (and probably about 75% of all Priest fans) intro to the band.

aaaaand A Trick of the Tail is actually better than most of Genesis' PG albums. *runs and hides*

I think Leviathan and Blood Mountain are similarly awesome, but Crack the Skye and Remission, for different reasons, sit a little bit beneath them. Still great, just not quite as great.

British Steel is definitely a masterpiece, I don't have a problem with anyone saying so.

And I'd put A Trick of the Tail right under the Trespass/Nursery Cryme/Foxtrot/Selling England/Lamb Lies Down block but I can't put it above any of them...I....I just can't. And don't forget that "Afterglow" is one of the best Genesis songs and it's on the NEXT album. So yeah, very good streak.

Indestructible
10-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Iron Maiden
|
The Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Sabbath
|
Black Sabbath
Paranoid
Master of Reality
Black Sabbath Vol. 4
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

RUSH
|
A Farewell to Kings
Hemispheres
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures

Metallica
|
Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All
Metallica

Dextrimental
10-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about this too, but I don't think Call of the Mastodon is a classic or even close really.

And the difficulty of putting out five killer albums in a row makes Maiden and Genesis all the more impressive to me, because the first two Maiden albums are almost on par with the next five, and the first two Phil Collins Genesis albums are almost on par with the five that preceded them.

Well COTM is the uneasy one, Iv heard people who are devout Mastodon fans say they hate it, and others say they love it. Either way the next 'official' Mastodon album will solisify their streak. And Maiden and Genesis definitely, I don't even listen to genesis much and know they had a golden streak in their career. And Maiden, well, IMO theyve yet to release any fully dodgey material. A bad Maiden album is still a very good album haha

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-01-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't know man, Hell Awaits is pretty classic to me, I love that album. And Peace Sells is most definitely a classic, besides the title track it's got killer tracks that most definitely constitute "notfuckablewith".

Only other bands I can think of are Dio. Yes, yes?

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 01:50 PM
I don't know man, Hell Awaits is pretty classic to me, I love that album. And Peace Sells is most definitely a classic, besides the title track it's got killer tracks that most definitely constitute "notfuckablewith".

Only other bands I can think of are Dio. Yes, yes?

Hell no on Dio. He barely has two.

ravenheart
10-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Testament
Opeth
Overkill, possibly
The Cult
Gov't Mule
Nevermore
Rage, maybe
Spiritual Beggars
Threshold

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Opeth

Still Life through Ghost Reveries, I assume? Just maybe.

Dextrimental
10-01-2009, 02:08 PM

Agreed, id give him three max

Maiden33
10-01-2009, 02:10 PM
The obvious one is Maiden. Even though I think NOTB is really overrated, the streak still stands.

The big one I want to nominate is Evergrey's first five albums. The Dark Discovery, Solitude Dominance Tragedy, In Search of Truth, Recreation Day, and The Inner Circle. The first album suffers from a bit of "first album production syndrome", but the material is top notch. The other 4 are all amazing in my opinion.

Another one I personally want to enter is Edguy from '98 - '05. Vain Glory Opera, Theater of Salvation, Savage Poetry, Mandrake, and Hellfire Club. The final two are by far the best, but I think all 5 are fantastic albums.

A band like Blind Guardian poses an odd issue here. While they have released 5 consecutive GREAT albums, they were put out over a 12-year period, averaging 3-4 years between albums. it makes it hard to classify as an era of the band. In the same line of thinking, Savatage released 5 or 6 albums in a row I love, but the lineups changed so dramatically that, again, its impossible the call one era of the band.
Queensryche would count if you classified the EP as an album. Empire's still a bit of a step down from the rest, but I'd be comfortable with the classification.

And then you have your bands who have simply managed to have consistently very good careers. There's bands out there that don't quite have an amazing streak, but they've just never released a bad album.

Maiden33
10-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Agreed, id give him three max

Four, if you ask me. I think Sacred Heart is a good bit better than most people write it off as, and I think Dream Evil flat-out rules and easily stands with the first 2 albums.

ravenheart
10-01-2009, 02:17 PM

Dio almost makes it, but there's normally one album somewhere in there that breaks the run. I'd take Lock Up The Wolves, Strange Highways, Magica and Killing The Dragon in an instant, and I know I'm in the minority with most/all of those, but although I do like Angry Machines, it's hardly what you'd call outstanding.

Sacred Heart does the same job of spoiling the Holy Diver through to Lock Up The Wolves run.

ravenheart
10-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Still Life through Ghost Reveries, I assume? Just maybe.

To be perfectly honest, any album through any album. I don't think they've made a bad one. But if I had to pick one run above the others, it'd be My Arms, Your Hearse through Damnation, purely because I've yet to buy either Ghost Reveries or Watershed.

I'll be seeing them a week on Saturday on the Progressive Nation tour with Dream Theater. Haven't seen them since the London Roundhouse gig (the one the Roundhouse Tapes album/DVD was recorded at), so looking forward to it.

JRA
10-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Overkill, possibly

Under The Influence breaks the cycle.

illninoese
10-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Opeth. 9 album streak so far.

Dextrimental
10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
To be perfectly honest, any album through any album. I don't think they've made a bad one. But if I had to pick one run above the others, it'd be My Arms, Your Hearse through Damnation, purely because I've yet to buy either Ghost Reveries or Watershed.

I'll be seeing them a week on Saturday on the Progressive Nation tour with Dream Theater. Haven't seen them since the London Roundhouse gig (the one the Roundhouse Tapes album/DVD was recorded at), so looking forward to it.

Opeth rule.. see u at prog nation dude :D

Indestructible
10-01-2009, 02:46 PM
nevermore
|
The Politics of Ecstasy
Dreaming Neon Black
Dead Heart in a Dead World
Enemies of Reality
This Godless Endeavor

mastodon421
10-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Metallica is the only one i can think of. Mastodon will have that after their next album.

ravenheart
10-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Opeth rule.. see u at prog nation dude :D

Not unless you're flying over to London...

ravenheart
10-01-2009, 03:10 PM
nevermore
|
The Politics of Ecstasy
Dreaming Neon Black
Enemies of Reality
This Godless Endeavor

Precisely.

ravenheart
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Under The Influence breaks the cycle.

Not for me, I like it.

TonyD
10-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I would rate Sabbath's 1st 5 albums like this:

1) Master of Reality
2) Sabotage
3) Paranoid
4) Black Sabbath
5) Vol 4

The Thrill of it All and Megalomania off Sabotage are the 2 best Sabbath songs most people don't know about or didn't let sink in properly. Musical Genius.

:hecho:
The second statement almost makes up for it though.

Dextrimental
10-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Not unless you're flying over to London...

Which is what im doing, me and a mate booked it when the tour was first announced, were meetin another mate whose goin to ACM over there for it too :D

Dextrimental
10-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Four, if you ask me. I think Sacred Heart is a good bit better than most people write it off as, and I think Dream Evil flat-out rules and easily stands with the first 2 albums.

I agree with Dream Evil alright, both that album and the band kick arse.. But Sacred Heart just didn't do it for me. Perhaps I need to listen to it more..

illninoese
10-01-2009, 04:31 PM
nevermore
|
The Politics of Ecstasy
Dreaming Neon Black
Enemies of Reality
This Godless Endeavor

Touche. That was a nice one to throw in there.

mankvill
10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Morbid Tales
Emperor's Return
To Mega Therion
Into The Pandemonium
Cold Lake

...okay nvm ;_;

JRA
10-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Metallica is the only one i can think of.

Kill em All through Black album is a very, very debatable streak.

Morbid Tales
Emperor's Return
To Mega Therion
Into The Pandemonium
Cold Lake

well...

Apocalyptic Raids
Morbid Tales
Emperor's Return
To Mega Therion
Into The Pandemonium

:money:

Dextrimental
10-01-2009, 05:39 PM

How??

Div
10-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I agree with ravenheart on overkill. under the influence is a good album, and def keeps the vibe of that era going.

i'd also say slough feg's 5 most recent albums are great.

and of course, my personal musical idol, tom waits... you can really pick any 5 from him, theyre all brilliant.

makethemsuffer12
10-01-2009, 06:04 PM
How??

The big thing is the inclusion of the Black album. Not everyone thinks it's so great, especially the old school thrashers. I for one would include it, though.

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I still really only stand behind the first two I mentioned I think. There's a different between a damn good album and a masterpiece, or an album that you would consider one of the best in its genre of all time.

mankvill
10-01-2009, 08:26 PM
well...

Apocalyptic Raids
Morbid Tales
Emperor's Return
To Mega Therion
Into The Pandemonium

:money:

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

rjturtle9
10-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Linkin Park for sure!!! the stuff they did with Jay Z waz teh sickest CD eva!!!

Wizzbang11
10-01-2009, 09:19 PM
While it's certainly not agreed upon by all, the only band I can think of that fits this description is Carcass. Every album they need is near perfect in my eyes.

powerslave_85
10-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Sleater-Kinney:

Dig Me Out
The Hot Rock
All Hands On the Bad One
One Beat
The Woods

:tongue:

Wizzbang11
10-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Sleater-Kinney:

Dig Me Out
The Hot Rock
All Hands On the Bad One
One Beat
The Woods

The Woods wasn't that great.

rjturtle9
10-01-2009, 09:31 PM
IMO all 5 ChthoniC albums are pretty sick. the last 3 were epically awesome

Dextrimental
10-01-2009, 09:42 PM
The big thing is the inclusion of the Black album. Not everyone thinks it's so great, especially the old school thrashers. I for one would include it, though.

Yeah I was thinking the Black album wud be the question mark. Depends on how you look at it really. As a thrash album its not very good at all, but its an awesome heavy metal album. I would include it too, as its the weakest of first five certainly, but it is a very well done album, both musically and in terms of production.

Maiden33
10-01-2009, 10:04 PM
I still really only stand behind the first two I mentioned I think. There's a different between a damn good album and a masterpiece, or an album that you would consider one of the best in its genre of all time.

Well, if you're going to be THAT picky, I'm not sure there's really anything to discuss here. To be frank, if you're going to be that picky, Maiden don't even qualify. I agree whole-heartedly about their '82-'89 output, but I wouldn't consider all of those albums to be the best in the genre or of all-time. Two, maybe 3, tops. I don't think any band has existed that has produced more than just a couple of actual "Masterpieces". I like the general concept of discussion here, but I think if you're going to be as picky as you mentioned, there's just nothing worth discussing, because no one actually fits, even Maiden.

Now, onto something I forgot earlier, and I have a feeling one JRA will be with me on this. I gotta nominate Gamma Ray. Starting with Land of the Free and running through Majestic, or even possibly the last album, they've been producing consistently great albums for a long time now.

powerslave_85
10-01-2009, 11:34 PM
http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Joe-Wilson-You-Lie-photo.jpg

ravenheart
10-02-2009, 01:24 AM

Not at all. Just becalled 'Metallica' isn't another copy of the first three thrash records (like '...And Justice For All' was, if we're honest) doesn't make it a bad metal record. It's very blatantly an excellent metal record.

ravenheart
10-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Apocalyptic Raids
Emperor's Return

Demo and EP, not album, surely?

ravenheart
10-02-2009, 01:30 AM
Touche. That was a nice one to throw in there.

Second, though... ;)

jhdeity
10-02-2009, 06:44 AM
It's funny that I forgot Sabbath Bloody Sabbath but I just love Sabotage that much. I stand corrected. Sabbath has the best 1st 6 albums of any band ever. :-)

Also I'd have to agree with Metallica and Queensryche. I'm not the biggest fan of the Black album or Mindcrime (even though I'm sure some people think they're their best albums) but the others are all masterpieces.

I'd almost have to agree on Overkill if it wasn't for Under The Influence.

DethMaiden
10-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Well, if you're going to be THAT picky, I'm not sure there's really anything to discuss here. To be frank, if you're going to be that picky, Maiden don't even qualify. I agree whole-heartedly about their '82-'89 output, but I wouldn't consider all of those albums to be the best in the genre or of all-time. Two, maybe 3, tops. I don't think any band has existed that has produced more than just a couple of actual "Masterpieces". I like the general concept of discussion here, but I think if you're going to be as picky as you mentioned, there's just nothing worth discussing, because no one actually fits, even Maiden.

Now, onto something I forgot earlier, and I have a feeling one JRA will be with me on this. I gotta nominate Gamma Ray. Starting with Land of the Free and running through Majestic, or even possibly the last album, they've been producing consistently great albums for a long time now.

I'm just saying that there's a shit ton of bands who have put out five good albums in a row. That's not that special. Maiden and Genesis put out five amazing albums in a row, which is. And obviously people are going to have their opinions about other bands that did this and I respect that but naming dozens of bands is cheapening the value of what makes a great album.

Dextrimental
10-02-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm just saying that there's a shit ton of bands who have put out five good albums in a row. That's not that special. Maiden and Genesis put out five amazing albums in a row, which is. And obviously people are going to have their opinions about other bands that did this and I respect that but naming dozens of bands is cheapening the value of what makes a great album.

So basically youre asking for a five album strreak that practically everyone agrees on? Instead of everyone just nominating the five albums of their favorite band or whatever..

DethMaiden
10-02-2009, 07:47 AM
So basically youre asking for a five album strreak that practically everyone agrees on? Instead of everyone just nominating the five albums of their favorite band or whatever..

I don't think everyone has to agree but I love hundreds of bands and I don't see these five album streaks all over the place. This is just like with the women in metal thread that started with truly awesome women in metal and became a "let's name women in metal" contest.

SomewhereInTime72
10-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Metallica does not belong in this thread. Relative to the terms we've been speaking in, The Black Album is complete horseshit. Also, the first four Metallica albums aren't nearly awesome enough for this qualification to begin with, even if you exclude the self-titled. :D

Dextrimental
10-02-2009, 07:54 AM
I don't think everyone has to agree but I love hundreds of bands and I don't see these five album streaks all over the place. This is just like with the women in metal thread that started with truly awesome women in metal and became a "let's name women in metal" contest.

Well thats because the topic is very subjective, I mean, everyones gonna have a different definition of an amazing album, hence the variety bands that have been named thus far. It is still adhering to the main point though, everyone is only naming bands who have managed five albums of a decent level of excellence, its not yet a roll call of bands who released five albums that kept them on the radar.

JRA
10-02-2009, 08:49 AM

Haven't heard Majestic yet. And to be honest No World Order doesn't hold up that well.

ravenheart
10-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Well thats because the topic is very subjective, I mean, everyones gonna have a different definition of an amazing album

This.

I don't agree with the Maiden streak, for example, in so much as my five album Maiden streak would be different to most/all of yours'. That's if I can form a streak... I'm not sure I honestly can.

Fe Maiden
10-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Haven't heard Majestic yet. And to be honest No World Order doesn't hold up that well.They are both pretty damn solid to me:D

xStructualDefect
10-02-2009, 03:03 PM
hmmm

Blind Guardian starting at Tales from the Twilight World and ending at A Night at the Opera.
In Flames starting at Lunar Strain and ending at Clayman.

and while i know NO ONE is gonna agree with me. i'm gonna have to say Korn's first 5 albums from self titled to Untouchables. probably has to do with the fact that i grew up with them but even people who used to be fans will agree with that.

ADD
10-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Thin Lizzy - Vagabonds thru Bad Reputation (6 albums)

illninoese
10-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Sepultura, maybe.........

Schizophrenia
Beneath The Remains
Arise
Chaos A.D.
Roots

Indestructible
10-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Facelift
SAP
Dirt
Jar of Flies
Alice in Chains

ravenheart
10-02-2009, 06:00 PM
SAP
Jar of Flies

EPs.

DethMaiden
10-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Facelift
SAP
Dirt
Jar of Flies
Alice in Chains

Even if we're counting EPs, the self-titled is not classic in any way, shape, or form.

Dextrimental
10-02-2009, 07:32 PM

Schizophrenia
Beneath The Remains
Arise
Chaos A.D.
Roots

I agree.. Structuraldefect too, Korn have created very few non awesome albums.. Led zeppelin?

Indestructible
10-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Even if we're counting EPs, the self-titled is not classic in any way, shape, or form.

To me it is its there second best album.

mankvill
10-02-2009, 08:07 PM
I GOT ONE

Where No Life Dwells
Shadows In The Deep
Across The Open Sea
Victory
Warrior

I personally don't think Unleashed has made a bad album, but I haven't heard Hell's Unleashed, which people say is their worst.

ravenheart
10-03-2009, 08:41 AM
I agree.. Structuraldefect too, Korn have created very few non awesome albums.. Led zeppelin?

A lot of people would go with LZ. Not me, but a lot.

Korn... meh, I really only think 'Untouchables' is great. The rest are average.

mankvill
10-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Vader!

The Ultimate Incantation
The Darkest Age
De Profundis
Black To The Blind
Litany

IMO: De Profundis and Litany are two of the best death metal records of all time.

Dextrimental
10-03-2009, 06:12 PM
A lot of people would go with LZ. Not me, but a lot.

Korn... meh, I really only think 'Untouchables' is great. The rest are average.

Untouchables? that and see you on the other side are the ones iv found people dont like.. That being said though, I think the first five are al really solid.

ravenheart
10-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Half of 'See You On The Other Side' is decent. The rest mostly blows. 'Take A Look In The Mirror' is solid, but perhaps a little forgettable.

'Untouchables' pretty much destroys everything else though. I know it's cool not to like it, but popular opinion isn't always right ;)

mankvill
10-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I know it's cool not to like it

This is Korn you're talking about, right?

Maiden33
10-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Yep, still sticking by my Gamma Ray claim.

Land of the Free
Somewhere Out in Space
Powerplant
No World Order
Majestic

:bowdown:

Dextrimental
10-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Half of 'See You On The Other Side' is decent. The rest mostly blows. 'Take A Look In The Mirror' is solid, but perhaps a little forgettable.

'Untouchables' pretty much destroys everything else though. I know it's cool not to like it, but popular opinion isn't always right ;)

I love everything before see you on the other side tbh. Untouchables is probbably my least favorite in that grouping. And no opinion is 'right', its an opinion :)

JRA
10-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Death's career is more or less an unfuckwithable seven album streak

Dextrimental
10-05-2009, 07:37 AM

Fuck yes!!!:rocker:

jhdeity
10-05-2009, 10:21 AM
I think a decent argument could be made for Lamb of God and Hatebreed. New Hatebreed might be album of the year for me. That would be skipping the cover album For the Lions of course.

I's actually make the argument against Death. Scream Bloody Gore is one of my all-time favorites but Leprosy is such a huge drop off that I couldn't ever honestly call that album a masterpiece.

ravenheart
10-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Nay for LoG. The first album is awful.

ravenheart
10-05-2009, 10:23 AM
And no opinion is 'right', its an opinion :)

Perhaps not, but a great many are wrong.

Dextrimental
10-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Perhaps not, but a great many are wrong.

I wouldn't say wrong, as I hate discussing opinions usings such terms. They're usually merely ignorant, such as someone saying 'all metal is a bunch of lads dressed in black shouting their heads off' its ignorant, yes, as most metal isn't like this, but if he heard the wrong slipknot song on Mtv, or by some pure coincidence managed the catch the once-in-a-lifetime showing of a proper black metal song on scuzz or kerrang or whatever, then I wouldn't blame him for thinking such a thing. I would gravely disagree with him though.

jhdeity
10-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Nay for LoG. The first album is awful.

Actually there are some incredible songs on that album. The vocals suck at times but when you hear these songs live you realize how incredible they are. Terror and Hubris & Subtle Art are perfect examples of that.

Cool thread regardless...

Dextrimental
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Actually there are some incredible songs on that album. The vocals suck at times but when you hear these songs live you realize how incredible they are. Terror and Hubris & Subtle Art are perfect examples of that.

Cool thread regardless...

Agreed, if they re-did that album with better production values I think it'd be much more accessible to people, and the stronger songs on that album would really shine. Personally, I love it since theres a blastbeat in like the second song ;)

ravenheart
10-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't say wrong, as I hate discussing opinions usings such terms. They're usually merely ignorant, such as someone saying 'all metal is a bunch of lads dressed in black shouting their heads off' its ignorant, yes, as most metal isn't like this, but if he heard the wrong slipknot song on Mtv, or by some pure coincidence managed the catch the once-in-a-lifetime showing of a proper black metal song on scuzz or kerrang or whatever, then I wouldn't blame him for thinking such a thing. I would gravely disagree with him though.

And how about the people who's opinion of the Holocaust is "it never happened"? Wrong, or ignorant? I know which gets my vote.

Dextrimental
10-05-2009, 01:33 PM
And how about the people who's opinion of the Holocaust is "it never happened"? Wrong, or ignorant? I know which gets my vote.

Ignorant, as the opinion is rooted in ignorance. It is of course factually wrong, but my argument is rooted in opinions of the arts, not stupid arguments amongst various religious and political extremists, thats a very different kettle of fish. All the same, well argued, you caught me on a good example.

SomewhereInTime72
10-05-2009, 01:35 PM

People like to call their ignorance "opinions" sometimes. However, you can't actually have a valid opinion about a fact. When people say they have an opinion about something like that, what they mean is "choosing to be ignorant." A real opinion cannot be right or wrong. :cool:

Dextrimental
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM
People like to call their ignorance "opinions" sometimes. However, you can't actually have a valid opinion about a fact. When people say they have an opinion about something like that, what they mean is "choosing to be ignorant." A real opinion cannot be right or wrong. :cool:

Fucking, YES!! Couldn't have put it better myself, and as my attempt wasn't as good as yours, well done sir :D

SomewhereInTime72
10-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Fucking, YES!! Couldn't have put it better myself, and as my attempt wasn't as good as yours, well done sir :D

:lol: We both tried to make the same point at the same time, it was kind of funny after I posted and I scrolled up to see you had posted something that was of similar content right above me. :tongue:

Dextrimental
10-05-2009, 01:46 PM
:lol: We both tried to make the same point at the same time, it was kind of funny after I posted and I scrolled up to see you had posted something that was of similar content right above me. :tongue:

Haha yeah when I checked back here two seconds later, it was quite bizrre.. Great minds think alike eh ;)

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-05-2009, 01:47 PM
http://www.djbuddha.org/images/peace.jpg

zgodt
10-05-2009, 09:24 PM

Peace Sells is Megadeth's only great album.

& The Final Cut is excellent.

powerslave_85
10-05-2009, 09:25 PM
How the fuck did you people get to talking about Holocaust denial?

JRA
10-05-2009, 09:29 PM
How the fuck did you people get to talking about Holocaust denial?

We had premonitions of Scott blaspheming Megadeth's catalogue. :ass:

Natrlhi
10-06-2009, 09:37 AM

Schizophrenia
Beneath The Remains
Arise
Chaos A.D.
Roots

Yes.

I GOT ONE

Where No Life Dwells
Shadows In The Deep
Across The Open Sea
Victory
Warrior

I personally don't think Unleashed has made a bad album, but I haven't heard Hell's Unleashed, which people say is their worst.

:agree:

Morbid Tales
Emperor's Return
To Mega Therion
Into The Pandemonium
Cold Lake

...okay nvm ;_;

:agree: So close, eh? :lol:

Natrlhi
10-06-2009, 09:39 AM

Yes. ...and you could pretty much inlcude Screaming and Defenders to make it a seven-album streak if you really wanted to...

Natrlhi
10-06-2009, 09:41 AM
a) you are a fool
Sorry, bud, but I gotta go with JRA on this one. You're no fool, but Hell Awaits counts in my book.

So, Slayer.

:agree: Exactly.

Natrlhi
10-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Metallica
|
Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
...And Justice for All
Metallica

:agree: Agreed. Holy shit. There is a first time for everything, I guess.

Natrlhi
10-06-2009, 09:49 AM

Yes. RIP Chuck :rocker:

That description pretty much applies to Bolt Thrower as well, IMNSHO.

Neurosis, too.

Natrlhi
10-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Isis
Celestial
Oceanic
Panopticon
In the Absence of Truth
Wavering Radiant

Meshuggah
Destroy Erase Improve
Chaosphere
Nothing
Catch Thirty-Three
obZen

Primus
Frizzle Fry
Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Pork Soda
Tales from the Punchbowl
Brown Album

Behemoth
Satanica
Thelema.6
Zos Kia Cultus
Demigod
The Apostasy

...and High on Fire will have it when their new album comes out. :D So will Converge.

...ditto Clutch, Tool and Explosions in the Sky, but we will have to wait a while for those...

Natrlhi
10-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Sleater-Kinney:

Dig Me Out
The Hot Rock
All Hands On the Bad One
One Beat
The Woods

www.allmusic.com would like to have a word with you.

...and if we're not sticking strictly to metal bands, then definitely Depeche Mode:
Some Great Reward
Black Celebration
Music for the Masses
Violator
Songs of Faith and Devotion

...and U2:
War
The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Zooropa

Indestructible
10-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Faith No More will Have it if they do a new album.

powerslave_85
10-06-2009, 05:47 PM
www.allmusic.com would like to have a word with you.
Along with every other music journalist and critic, for that matter.

ADD
10-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Thought of another one: ZZ Top's first 5. Classico

Fe Maiden
10-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Don't know if they were mentioned already but Led Zeppelin surely has a string of 5 or more!

Dextrimental
10-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Don't know if they were mentioned already but Led Zeppelin surely has a string of 5 or more!

Iv already mentioned em like twice, been waitin for someone to agree with me :D

I was thinking there, classic bands like The Beatles and The Rolling Stones have also got five or more album streaks :)

SirLardsAlot
10-07-2009, 09:41 AM
LINKIN PARK!!!!!!!!! AMIRITE GUYS? I MEAN, COME ON!

Natrlhi
10-07-2009, 09:42 AM

:lol: No. :hmm:

Natrlhi
10-07-2009, 09:46 AM
One would think Motorhead, but I'm not sure which five...

It would have to include Orgasmatron and Rock 'n' Roll for sure...

Fe Maiden
10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Iv already mentioned em like twice, been waitin for someone to agree with me :D
Guess I missed that in there somewhere.;)

mankvill
10-07-2009, 12:06 PM

:cool:

I used to like Linkin Park a lot back in the day, and I could see how the first 2 albums + that remix album could be unfuckwithable (for a shitty album, I mean), Minutes to Midnight was just shit all around.

xStructualDefect
10-07-2009, 12:31 PM
:cool:

I used to like Linkin Park a lot back in the day, and I could see how the first 2 albums + that remix album could be unfuckwithable (for a shitty album, I mean), Minutes to Midnight was just shit all around.

agreed. i used to love Linkin Park and still occasionally put on Hybrid Theory and Meteora. now MTM on the other hand was complete shit. maybe had like 2 decent tracks.

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 08:30 AM
Zombie thread!

High on Fire
The Art of Self-Defense
Surrounded by Thieves
Blessed Black Wings
Death Is This Communion
Snakes for the Divine

:blaze::rocker::blaze:

evildeadjedi
05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Zombie thread!

High on Fire
The Art of Self-Defense
Surrounded by Thieves
Blessed Black Wings
Death Is This Communion
Snakes for the Divine

:blaze::rocker::blaze:

Good call!!

Indestructible
05-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Type O Negative:
Bloody Kisses
October Rust
World Coming Down
Life Is Killing Me
Dead Again

Crionics
05-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Alright, not using ones already mentioned

AC/DC (I know most will not agree)
Sodom
Bathory

All I can think of atm

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Alright, not using ones already mentioned

AC/DC (I know most will not agree)
Sodom
Bathory

All I can think of atm

Which albums? I personally can't think of five consecutive outstanding AC/DC albums...

Crionics
05-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Which albums? I personally can't think of five consecutive outstanding AC/DC albums...

Like I said, I know most will probably think otherwise but I think

Let There Be Rock
Powerage
Highway to Hell
Back in Black
For Those About To Rock

Are all fantastic.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Yeah, not bad. I can think of weak-links on Powerage and FTATR though... actually, there are some ordinary tracks on Back In Black too.

Crionics
05-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Powerage- Gimmie a Bullet
FTATR- Inject the Venom and Breaking the Rules
Back in Black- What Do You Do For Money Honey

Those are the weak links of those 3 IMO..I can be willing to forgive 1 weak link in BIB and Powerage, but you may be right about FTATR

jerry1013
05-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Thin Lizzy - Vagabonds thru Bad Reputation (6 albums)

Yep!

Let There Be Rock
Powerage
Highway to Hell
Back in Black
For Those About To Rock

Are all fantastic.

Yep!

jerry1013
05-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Trying to think of more, KISS always puts at least 1 album I can't honestly say is unfuckwithable like the other 4.

The one that comes close is the self titled/Hotter Than Hell/Dressed To Kill/Destroyer/Rock And Roll Over. But Destroyer is fuckable with, Beth and Great Expectations just don't work for me, Dressed To Kill has Anything For My Baby which I fucking hate also.

I'll say yes to the first 5 Sabbath records also....the first five (6 maybe) Van Halen records I feel safe in saying are unfuckwithable.

EDIT - Unfuckwithable is a great word!

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Thin Lizzy are about to become twice the band they've ever been... even if they've hired an asshole of a guitarist...

jerry1013
05-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Thin Lizzy are about to become twice the band they've ever been... even if they've hired an asshole of a guitarist...

NO! :tongue:

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Absolutely. Ricky Warwick > any previous Thin Lizzy band member

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 06:03 PM

Alright, now THAT's silly talk. They can carry on all they want with Phil Lynott (in the live environment) and I will not complain - but without him, they will always be half the band they ever were with him.

jerry1013
05-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Absolutely. Ricky Warwick > any previous Thin Lizzy band member

Nothing against Ricky but there's no Phil!

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Nope. Ricky's a better writer, better singer and better player (albeit guitar, not bass).

One of the most underrated songwriters in rock (probably why he fucks off to make his money writing other people's songs in Nashville at least once a year).

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Nope. Ricky's a better writer, better singer and better player (albeit guitar, not bass).

One of the most underrated songwriters in rock (probably why he fucks off to make his money writing other people's songs in Nashville at least once a year).

Time to call in the authorities. Ravenheart's officially lost his mind.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Do you even listen to his music to know what I'm talking about?

And I don't mean that ordinary rock he did with Billy Duffy and Billy Morrison.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Do you even listen to his music to know what I'm talking about?

And I don't mean that ordinary rock he did with Billy Duffy and Billy Morrison.

I have heard The Almighty and some of his solo stuff. I actually saw him live acoustic.

makethemsuffer12
Time to call in the authorities. Ravenheart's officially lost his mind.

There's no point, because tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak. budum tshh

/band pun.

jerry1013
Gonna have to disagree with you Ravenheart...he's talented but not talented enough to join a Thin Lizzy without Phil Lynott and make it twice the band it ever was.

Thought of another one

Aerosmith
Get Your Wings
Toys In The Attic
Rocks
Draw The Line

Travis The Dragon
05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
5 album streaks:

Megadeth-Peace Sells through Youthanasia

Black Sabbath-first 5 albums

In Flames-5th album and up

Metallica-first 5 albums

Type O Negative-3rd album and up

Iron Maiden-1982-1988

More than 5 album streaks:

Rush-everything from Hemispheres and up

Queensryche-EP through Promised Land which is actually 6 including the EP

Everything Nine Inch Nails has done

Everything by Pink Floyd from Dark Side and up

Everything by Dream Theater

Everything involving Dio from when he sang for Rainbow

Everything by HIM

Everything by Mushroomhead

Slayer 1983-1994

Blind Guardian-3rd album and up

Everything by Symphony X

Everything by Stratovarious

Everything by Iced Earth

Everything by Lacuna Coil

Everything by Dimmu Borgir

Ozzy's first 6 albums

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Blind Guardian-3rd album and up

Fair point. I would say the last one was on thin ice for being considerable for an "amazing streak" - but the five from Tales to A Night at the Opera - definitely. I love all of those records.

In other news:
Everything by Dream Theater
Everything by Iced Earth

HAHAHAHA No.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:19 PM
I have heard The Almighty and some of his solo stuff

Neither of those are power metal though... it's all falling into place :lol:

I actually saw him live acoustic.

I love his live acoustic work. I saw him supporting... erm... someone... at the Mean Fiddler in London... erm... Warrior Soul, maybe?

Did he do Running Free?

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 06:22 PM

I love his live acoustic work. I saw him supporting... erm... someone... at the Mean Fiddler in London... erm... Warrior Soul, maybe?

Did he do Running Free?

I don't remember. It was so long ago and I wasn't previously familiar with any of his work, so I don't really remember any specifics. I just remember that I saw him, haha. I was 13 at the time.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Gonna have to disagree with you Ravenheart...he's talented but not talented enough to join a Thin Lizzy without Phil Lynott and make it twice the band it ever was.

I guess we do have to. I find most of Thin Lizzy's work incredibly ordinary. No doubt at all that some of their stuff is great. Really great. But most of the rest is boring.

Ricky should at least be able to add some dynamics to some of that stuff. Although I'm sure they'll still play the same greatest hits set they've always been playing.

They should make a new album now they've finally got a decent songwriter in the band and can finally make some new, interesting music. Glyder have the pointless covers thing going on.

Maiden33

I liked what I heard, for the record. :tp:

ravenheart
I don't remember. It was so long ago and I wasn't previously familiar with any of his work, so I don't really remember any specifics. I just remember that I saw him, haha. I was 13 at the time.

You'd remember Running Free... unless you weren't into Maiden yet?

jerry1013
05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
I guess we do have to. I find most of Thin Lizzy's work incredibly ordinary. No doubt at all that some of their stuff is great. Really great. But most of the rest is boring.

Ricky should at least be able to add some dynamics to some of that stuff. Although I'm sure they'll still play the same greatest hits set they've always been playing.

They should make a new album now they've finally got a decent songwriter in the band and can finally make some new, interesting music. Glyder have the pointless covers thing going on.

A new album would be interesting.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 06:25 PM

They should make a new album now they've finally got a decent songwriter in the band.

They're never going to do another album. Frankly if they do I'll probably be upset, and I think most of their fans feel the same way. I think they know that too.

If you're going to suggest Phil wasn't at least a "decent" songwriter, I'm gonna book a flight to England and punch you in the face. I am almost a foot taller than you, after all.

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 06:26 PM
You'd remember Running Free... unless you weren't into Maiden yet?

Oh, I didn't know you were talking about him covering the Maiden song - thought it was just some song called "Running Free" I wasn't familiar with. :lol:

In that case - No. I was into Maiden and would've remembered that.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Did mean compared to the other members they've carried on with since Phil's death, rather than compared to Phil himself. John Sykes, primarily.

That said, I still don't rate most of Thin Lizzy's catalogue. The riffs are ordinary, the song structures are basic rock 'n' roll and the lyrics are average. So many of the songs sound the same for them to really be considered a great band anyway.

Motorhead syndrome, for me. A handful of particularly successful songs has clouded the collective judgement and now they'll always be one of those perceived "great" bands, even though they never, ever expanded beyond that one successful formula. Same is true of KISS, if you took them on musical value alone, AC/DC, and several others. Making the same music over and over, even if you do it well, isn't good enough to be one of the "greats" for me.

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Oh, I didn't know you were talking about him covering the Maiden song - thought it was just some song called "Running Free" I wasn't familiar with. :lol:

In that case - No. I was into Maiden and would've remembered that.

Yeah, it's pretty decent. I covered something else at the show I saw, besides some Almighty songs of course... I'll dig out the setlist...

ravenheart
05-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Ace of Spades. :lol:

Maiden33
05-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Did mean compared to the other members they've carried on with since Phil's death, rather than compared to Phil himself. John Sykes, primarily.

That said, I still don't rate most of Thin Lizzy's catalogue. The riffs are ordinary, the song structures are basic rock 'n' roll and the lyrics are average. So many of the songs sound the same for them to really be considered a great band anyway.

Alright. I still love Blue Murder, so I am still somewhat upset, but not insulted. :D

Well - Thin lizzy was a "rock n' roll" band, so I don't think you can fault them for having "rock n' roll" structures. And again - they wrote a lot of those riffs in 1975, and were the first to do so - so I don't think you can detract too many points for that. I just think they were the epitome of the working man's melodic hard rock band - great, honest, rock music, that was oddly poetic even though it seemed like it wasn't trying to be. Not to mention the absolute revolution for two-guitar music they started.

evildeadjedi
05-28-2010, 09:45 PM
CLUTCH PRF to present

If it was not for Jam Room, they would have been on a eight album streak!

Natrlhi
05-28-2010, 09:52 PM
CLUTCH PRF to present

If it was not for Jam Room, they would have been on a eight album streak!
First off, thanks for getting this thread back on track. I posted about High on Fire, went and did some shit, and a few hours later there's like 4 or 5 pages of bullshit on here. :bouville:

Sorry, DethMaiden - if I'd known resurrecting your thread would have almost ruined it, I would have just held off posting. :snivel:

Now, on to the Clutch streak. I want them to qualify for this so badly, but I'm sorry...they don't (at least, not yet). Pure Rock Fury was Pure Rock Garbage. Maybe the next album will be awesome, and they'll qualify at that point. Even still, I think you'll find a few hardcore Clutch fanatics on here who would actually argue that maybe the last two albums don't qualify for this thread. Just sayin'. :(

DethMaiden
05-28-2010, 10:01 PM
First off, thanks for getting this thread back on track. I posted about High on Fire, went and did some shit, and a few hours later there's like 4 or 5 pages of bullshit on here. :bouville:

Sorry, DethMaiden - if I'd known resurrecting your thread would have almost ruined it, I would have just held off posting. :snivel:

Now, on to the Clutch streak. I want them to qualify for this so badly, but I'm sorry...they don't (at least, not yet). Pure Rock Fury was Pure Rock Garbage. Maybe the next album will be awesome, and they'll qualify at that point. Even still, I think you'll find a few hardcore Clutch fanatics on here who would actually argue that maybe the last two albums don't qualify for this thread. Just sayin'. :(

For me, Clutch's best albums are pretty well spaced out through their career. If Clutch, Elephant Riders, Blast Tyrant, and Beale Street were released consecutively, that would be an INSANE streak. But they weren't.

And everyone else is being waaaaay too lenient here. :lol: I meant five consecutive GODDAMN FUCKING CLASSICS, and everyone else is chiming in with "five straight good albums." Well, shit, if you can't do that, you're not even a good band! :D

SomewhereInTime72
05-28-2010, 10:22 PM
And everyone else is being waaaaay too lenient here. :lol: I meant five consecutive GODDAMN FUCKING CLASSICS, and everyone else is chiming in with "five straight good albums." Well, shit, if you can't do that, you're not even a good band! :D

My thoughts exactly throughout at least half of this thread. :hmm:

TonyD
05-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Powerage- Gimmie a Bullet
FTATR- Inject the Venom and Breaking the Rules
Back in Black- What Do You Do For Money Honey

Those are the weak links of those 3 IMO..I can be willing to forgive 1 weak link in BIB and Powerage, but you may be right about FTATR

No.

Crionics
05-29-2010, 07:38 AM
No.

My opinion :D

evildeadjedi
05-29-2010, 09:20 AM

Now, on to the Clutch streak. I want them to qualify for this so badly, but I'm sorry...they don't (at least, not yet). I hope their next one is classic ( Pure Rock Fury was Pure Rock Garbage. Maybe the next album will be awesome, and they'll qualify at that point. Even still, I think you'll find a few hardcore Clutch fanatics on here who would actually argue that maybe the last two albums don't qualify for this thread. Just sayin'. :(

Very good call on High on Fire I completely agree all those albums are also classics in my book! No problem, I agree though I wouldn't call Pure Rock Fury garbage but it's not a classic. I also really hope their next one is a classic! I know what you mean some people just can't get past the fact Clutch are not in their twenties any longer emulating Bad Brains and other DC hardcore with some Sabbath inspired riffs and a tight rhythm section . They have expanded their musical talents so far it's rather mind blowing. Seriously, to see the same guy who once said "Come on mother fucker lets throw down!" is now doing some blues numbers and singing in Spanish is crazy! :confused: One rather interesting thing is Strange Cousins awarded Clutch with their highest Billboard mark in history (even though past albums were also on it) selling 172,000 copies in the first week .

For me, Clutch's best albums are pretty well spaced out through their career. If Clutch, Elephant Riders, Blast Tyrant, and Beale Street were released consecutively, that would be an INSANE streak. But they weren't.

I can respect that and agree those are excellent but TSL and Robot Hive are not far behind. Strange Cousins is really a grower similar to Pure Rock Fury and for some people Beale Street.

Yes, I'm also seeing some major leniency exhibited in some of these lists (mine included because I'm such a huge fan of Clutch).

I definitely agree with Maiden, don't know enough about all the Genesis albums to give an opinion.

I can see many four album streaks but five are very rare.

Natrlhi
05-29-2010, 09:54 AM
6/6 NGC,TBG, CLUTCH in Toledo
6/22 Pentagram, HOWL, Dead Sea, Eye in Columbus On a completely unrelated note, those two shows are the ones I am currently trying to get out to see. My wife and I are expecting our second child any day now, though, so it is really touch and go for me to be going out to shows at the moment. Hopefully, I'll be able to make at least one of these, and if so, maybe we can meet up if you want. It's always cool getting to meet members of this board :fist:

evildeadjedi
05-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Congrats man! That would be cool I would love to meet some people from the board hope you can make at least one of them. :party:

DethMaiden
05-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Very good call on High on Fire I completely agree all those albums are also classics in my book! No problem, I agree though I wouldn't call Pure Rock Fury garbage but it's not a classic. I also really hope their next one is a classic! I know what you mean some people just can't get past the fact Clutch are not in their twenties any longer emulating Bad Brains and other DC hardcore with some Sabbath inspired riffs and a tight rhythm section . They have expanded their musical talents so far it's rather mind blowing. Seriously, to see the same guy who once said "Come on mother fucker lets throw down!" is now doing some blues numbers and singing in Spanish is crazy! :confused: One rather interesting thing is Strange Cousins awarded Clutch with their highest Billboard mark in history (even though past albums were also on it) selling 172,000 copies in the first week .

This. Seriously. I kinda like the EPs, really like TSL, and of course worship the self-titled (although they were mostly out of this phase by then), but Jesus...these people are living in the fucking past, and yet they insist on going to Clutch shows and walking out disappointed if they don't hear Shogun and El Jefe. :tp:

Maiden33
05-29-2010, 12:38 PM
these people are living in the fucking past, and yet they insist on going to Clutch shows and walking out disappointed if they don't hear Shogun and El Jefe. :tp:

This happens at shows for every band - not just Clutch. Virtually any band that's ever had a style change or a controversial album. I mean, I'm not saying you have to like everything a band does, but once it becomes clear that they've changed and aren't going back - if you don't like the new stuff (or past a certain point - the MAJORITY of the stuff) - you're a moron to keep spending the money to go see them only to complain that they don't play songs they were NEVER going to play in the first place.

evildeadjedi
05-29-2010, 01:09 PM
This. Seriously. I kinda like the EPs, really like TSL, and of course worship the self-titled (although they were mostly out of this phase by then), but Jesus...these people are living in the fucking past, and yet they insist on going to Clutch shows and walking out disappointed if they don't hear Shogun and El Jefe. :tp:

Very true S/T had Animal Farm which was pretty much the last link to their older stuff. Seriously, people going to see Clutch hoping for TSL and Pitchfork songs is retarded. The last five times I have seen them I have heard Shogun and El Jefe once. All time I have heard Shogun and El Jefe twice 12 oz Epilogue, Rats, Walking in the Great Shining Path of Monster Trucks, Earthworm, and Binge and Purge once.

This happens at shows for every band - not just Clutch. Virtually any band that's ever had a style change or a controversial album. I mean, I'm not saying you have to like everything a band does, but once it becomes clear that they've changed and aren't going back - if you don't like the new stuff (or past a certain point - the MAJORITY of the stuff) - you're a moron to keep spending the money to go see them only to complain that they don't play songs they were NEVER going to play in the first place.

Exactly, don't go see Blind Guardian expecting their thrashy stuff from the first three albums (you might get a gem in there somewhere though). Especially if it's a band that has released a ton of albums.

Maiden33
05-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Exactly, don't go see Blind Guardian expecting their thrashy stuff from the first three albums (you might get a gem in there somewhere though). Especially if it's a band that has released a ton of albums.

Valhalla and Welcome to Dying are pretty much staples. Majesty and lost in the Twilight Hall come up a decent bit too. But yeah - they're not gonna be breaking out "Run For the Night" again any time soon.

evildeadjedi
05-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Valhalla and Welcome to Dying are pretty much staples. Majesty and lost in the Twilight Hall come up a decent bit too. But yeah - they're not gonna be breaking out "Run For the Night" again any time soon.

Good point for some reason I keep forgetting Valhalla was from that time. Don't go see Corrosion of Conformity expecting anything off Animosity :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
05-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Don't go see Iron Maiden expecting any songs from Somewhere in Time that aren't Heaven can Wait and Wasted Years.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUU

Maiden33
05-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Don't go see Iron Maiden expecting any songs from Somewhere in Time that aren't Heaven can Wait and Wasted Years.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUU

:(

ravenheart
05-29-2010, 04:55 PM

Sad but true. The best songs from this album, which are amongst the best of their career, are consistently ignored.

bassmasta257
08-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Lamb of God-

Burn The Priest
New American Gospel
As The Palaces Burn
Ashes of The Wake
Sacrament
*this band is one i fancy a lot, many will ridicule:D*

Bathory-

Bathory
The Return
Under The Sign of The Black Mark
Blood Fire Death
Hammerheart
Twilight of The Gods
*6 in my opinion*

In Flames-

Lunar Strain
The Jester Race
Whoracle
Colony
Clayman

--these are 3 bands i just thought of off the top of my head with 5 back to back albums that i have no qualms with what so ever and would listen to back to back any day of the week and intensely enjoy it

JRA
08-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Twilight of the Gods isn't that great IMO.

mankvill
08-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Total Fucking Necro (EP)
The Codex Necro
When Fire Rains Down From The Sky, Mankind Will Reap As It Has Sown (EP)
Domine Non Es Dignus
Eschaton
Hell Is Empty And All The Devils Are Here
In The Constellation Of The Black Widow
Passion

deal with it :cool:

powerslave_85
08-24-2011, 11:42 PM
Re-read the thread and got pissed off at this all over again:

I wish I could ban you :hmm: :hmm: :nutkick:

Maiden33
08-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Without re-reading the thread, even though I think I already replied:

Iron Maiden:
-Number of the Beast
-Piece of Mind
-Powerslave
-Somewhere In Time
-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Evergrey:
-The Dark Discovery
-Solitude Dominance Tragedy
-In Search of Truth
-Recreation Day
-The Inner Circle

Avantasia:
-The Metal Opera I
-The Metal Opera II
-The Scarecrow
-The Wicked Symphony
-Angel of Babylon

Blind Guardian:
-Tales From the Twilight World
-Somewhere Far Beyond
-Imaginations From the Other Side
-Nightfall in Middle Earth
-A Night at the Opera

Kansas:
-Song For America
-Masque
-Leftoverture
-Point of Know Return
-Monolith

Gamma Ray:
-Land of the Free
-Somewhere Out in Space
-Powerplant
-No World Order
-Majestic

Riot:
-Thundersteel
-The Privilege of Power
-Nightbreaker
-The Brethren of the Longhouse
-Inishmore

llama lom
08-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Total Fucking Necro (EP)
The Codex Necro
When Fire Rains Down From The Sky, Mankind Will Reap As It Has Sown (EP)
Domine Non Es Dignus
Eschaton
Hell Is Empty And All The Devils Are Here
In The Constellation Of The Black Widow
Passion

deal with it :cool:

:horns:

Epidemic Reign
08-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Paradise Lost
-Gothic
-Shades of God
-Icon
-Draconian Times
-One Second

What I love most about this particular run is the evolution of the band's sound over the course of these 5 albums. There is an immense difference between Gothic and One Second, it sounds like two completely different bands... but from album to album the progression is relatively steady.

HackedUpForBBQ
08-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Mercyful Fate
-Melissa
-Don't Break The Oath
-In The Shadows
-Time
-Into The Unknown

Nick_to_the_face
08-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Lamb of God-

Burn The Priest
New American Gospel
As The Palaces Burn
Ashes of The Wake
Sacrament
*this band is one i fancy a lot, many will ridicule:D*

I love me some LoG, but Burn The Priest? I know many LoG fan boys that hate BTP

Epidemic Reign
08-25-2011, 10:14 PM
I love me some LoG, but Burn The Priest? I know many LoG fan boys that hate BTP

BTP is fine, the only one I'd take out of that list is Sacrament.

Nick_to_the_face
08-25-2011, 10:30 PM

I like it as well, but it's far from unfuckwithable

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-25-2011, 10:42 PM
I can only get a 4 album streak with Voivod:

Dimension Hatross through The Outer Limits.

Epidemic Reign
08-25-2011, 11:23 PM
I it as well, but it's far from unfuckwithable

I don't disagree.

Epidemic Reign
08-26-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm probably the only person on these forums who's a huge fan of this band, so I doubt anyone will back me up here, but I'm gonna do it anyway.

SCAR SYMMETRY is UNFUCKWITHABLE!!!
-Symmetric in Design
-Pitch Black Progress
-Holographic Universe
-Dark Matter Dimensions
-The Unseen Empire

Most SS fans wouldn't even back me up on this, because they don't like the new vocalists. It's true that Lars and Roberth together are no match for Christian by his lonesome, but let's be fair here... the guy is fucking IMPOSSIBLE to replace. I've been a fan of Roberth's work for years (Edge of Sanity, Pan.Thy.Monium, Facebreaker) and Lars is pretty good so I don't have a problem with the new vocalists. And I'll admit that it took quite a while for the last album to grow on me, but when it finally sunk in I fell in love with it.

Ok, I'm done justifying myself. SCAR SYMMETRY FTW :horns: If anyone does back me up, I'm sorry I doubted you.

Northern_Shaman
08-26-2011, 03:23 AM
>Read entire thread
>Not a single mention of Amon Amarth

ARE YOU ALL FUCKING KIDDING ME?

...So much disappoint.

I could take any 5 out of the 8, but for me personally, I'd probably say:

The Crusher
Versus the World
Fate of Norns
With Oden on Our Side
Twilight of the Thunder God

ravenheart
08-26-2011, 03:52 AM
Paradise Lost
-Gothic
-Shades of God
-Icon
-Draconian Times
-One Second

What I love most about this particular run is the evolution of the band's sound over the course of these 5 albums. There is an immense difference between Gothic and One Second, it sounds like two completely different bands... but from album to album the progression is relatively steady.

Meh, I don't rate Gothic...

ravenheart
08-26-2011, 03:56 AM
Probably not many fans here who can verify, but Cathedral's first five albums are basically flawless.

Forest of Equilibrium
The Ethereal Mirror
Supernatural Birth Machine
The Carnival Bizarre
Caravan Beyond Redemption

llama lom
08-26-2011, 08:04 AM
>Read entire thread
>Not a single mention of Amon Amarth

ARE YOU ALL FUCKING KIDDING ME?

...So much disappoint.

I could take any 5 out of the 8, but for me personally, I'd probably say:

The Crusher
Versus the World
Fate of Norns
With Oden on Our Side
Twilight of the Thunder God

I would agree, although some are more notfuckwithable than others.

Wizzbang11
08-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Re-read the thread and got pissed off at this all over again:

I wish I could ban you :hmm: :hmm: :nutkick:

:sick:

I can only get a 4 album streak with Voivod:

Dimension Hatross through The Outer Limits.

That's odd, because I can only get a 3 album streak.
War & Pain-Killing Technology :cool:

Epidemic Reign
08-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Meh, I don't rate Gothic...

By that you mean you don't consider it one of their finer works? If so, then I can understand that. Lost Paradise and Gothic are certainly oddball installments in their catalogue when compared to later works. But I, personally, think that Gothic is where they laid the initial groundwork for great albums like Icon and Draconian Times. It's certainly the album where Gregor Mackintosh found that epic clean guitar tone (the one with the ultra-thick reverb) that is so plentiful in the Draconian Times album.

MetalIsArt
08-27-2011, 02:20 AM
Voivod?

I've tried multiple times to like them, but it just didn't work. Sorry guys.

El Gordo
08-27-2011, 04:12 AM
Voivod?

Don't apologize. I've never like 'em either!

bassmasta257
08-27-2011, 11:32 PM

Like i stated, im a huge fan for some reason i love all there music extremely. and BTP to me is one of the ones i favor the most, i love the raw sound on it. and even Sacrament i like immensly although the least of all of them. idk its like a fetish or somethin:D

Epidemic Reign
08-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Like i stated, im a huge fan for some reason i love all there music extremely. and BTP to me is one of the ones i favor the most, i love the raw sound on it. and even Sacrament i like immensly although the least of all of them. idk its like a fetish or somethin:D

I used to be a pretty big LoG fan, but the last couple albums just didn't do anything for me.

Wizzbang11
08-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Voivod?

Probably because you're listening to their prog shit and not the true post atomic speed metal wasteland nuclear thrash.

DethMaiden
08-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Bearing in mind that I previously only believed two (Genesis and Maiden) to exist, I'm positing that Wolves in the Throne Room hit it with their newest. Try to fuck with Diadem-Hunters-Grain-Cascade-Lineage. You can't.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Voivod?

Nothing to be sorry about. They are definitely an acquired taste. Especially their "prog shit" which I happen to be a fan of.

youngandaspiring
08-31-2011, 03:14 AM
Iron Maiden

The Number of the Beast - Seventh Son

Death

Spiritual Healing - Sound of Perseverance

Pain of Salvation

One Hour by the Concrete Lake - Scarsick (probably doesn't count but I enjoyed it)

Opeth

Morningrise - Deliverance

Kanye West

College Dropout - My Dark Twisted Fantasy

Underoath

The Changing of Times - Disambiguation

Natrlhi
08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
Voivod?

I've tried multiple times to like them, but it just didn't work. Sorry guys.Don't apologize. I've never like 'em either!I absolutely love some of their material - especially Nothingface and Dimension Hatross - but I can't honestly say that they qualify for this thread. They've had too many changes in artistic direction and, later in their career, lineup changes (including the death of one their founding members). I was honestly surprised that I enjoyed their set at Scion Rock Fest in Columbus a couple of years ago as much as I did, but luckily for me, they played mostly stuff from the albums I like best.

JRA
08-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Death

Spiritual Healing - Sound of Perseverance

Negro please.

youngandaspiring
08-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Negro please.
I haven't listened to it in a while, but when I heard it I really did enjoy it.

Or maybe I'm confusing it with the debut...

GarageMetal468
08-31-2011, 04:45 PM
Don't wanna read through 20+ pages, but I'm gonna say Immolation if they weren't already mentioned before.

Dawn of Possession
Here in After
Failures for Gods
Close to a World Below :rocker::rocker::rocker:
Unholy Cult

Well, all their albums are fucking awesome but these 5 are by far the best

larvtard
08-31-2011, 05:40 PM
I find it odd that, in this entire thread, only Nat and Fonz have mentioned Slayer...and Brad, I am ashamed of you :nonono: Hell Awaits is Slayer's best album. Not a classic my ass :tp:

ravenheart
08-31-2011, 05:47 PM
I find it odd that, in this entire thread, only Nat and Fonz have mentioned Slayer...and Brad, I am ashamed of you :nonono: Hell Awaits is Slayer's best album. Not a classic my ass :tp:

I haven't mentioned them because I don't think they have a run of five albums that are worthy :finger:

ravenheart
08-31-2011, 05:48 PM
Voivod?

Only the last two or three records for me. And they're pretty fun live. But the early stuff... nah.

Being a metal band from Canada must kinda suck though. Annihilator already exist. You're never going to be the best.

ravenheart
08-31-2011, 05:54 PM
By that you mean you don't consider it one of their finer works? If so, then I can understand that. Lost Paradise and Gothic are certainly oddball installments in their catalogue when compared to later works. But I, personally, think that Gothic is where they laid the initial groundwork for great albums like Icon and Draconian Times. It's certainly the album where Gregor Mackintosh found that epic clean guitar tone (the one with the ultra-thick reverb) that is so plentiful in the Draconian Times album.

That's precisely what "don't rate" means, yes ;) And because it's not one of the best albums, the run doesn't count :finger:

Gothic probably is where they started to formulate what would become their prime sound, but evolutionary significance does not a good album make in its own right ;)

HackedUpForBBQ
08-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Any five album streak in Pink Floyd's discography

JRA
08-31-2011, 07:08 PM
I haven't mentioned them because I don't think they have a run of five albums that are worthy :finger:

You also like Sixx AM and St. Anger. Therefore your opinion is irrelevant.

Show No Mercy through Seasons is indeed a classic run. (though the cracks were starting to show in Seasons)

Wizzbang11
08-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Only the last two or three records for me. And they're pretty fun live. But the early stuff... nah.

Being a metal band from Canada must kinda suck though. Annihilator already exist. You're never going to be the best.

Voivod, Razor, Blasphemy, Inepsy, Infernal Majesty, Slaughter, Exciter, Conqueror, Bastardator, Damnation, Fornication, Weapon, Martial Barrage, Gatekrashor and plenty of other bands (that was a random stream with no order/etc behind it) make Canada easily one of the best countries for metal.
And half those bands are significantly better than Annihilator.

mankvill
08-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Voivod, Razor, Blasphemy, Inepsy, Infernal Majesty, Slaughter, Exciter, Conqueror, Bastardator, Damnation, Fornication, Weapon, Martial Barrage, Gatekrashor and plenty of other bands (that was a random stream with no order/etc behind it) make Canada easily one of the best countries for metal.

>he doesn't listen to Quo Vadis

Wizzbang11
08-31-2011, 07:26 PM
>he doesn't listen to Quo Vadis

This is true BUT FUCK MANKS I SAID IT WAS A RANDOM SERIES OF BANDS. jerk

El Gordo
08-31-2011, 07:27 PM

That's dumb. Sacrifice exists. Annihilator might as well not.

ravenheart
09-01-2011, 02:34 AM
That's dumb. Sacrifice exists. Annihilator might as well not.

No comparison. Annihilator still wins.

ravenheart
09-01-2011, 02:35 AM
You also like Sixx AM and St. Anger. Therefore your opinion is irrelevant.

You say that a lot. It's still stupid. But you go ahead and keep on thrashing it. You seem to enjoy it.

I would suggest the inability to ever voice an opinion reasonably is more of an indicator of an irrelevant opinion. Just sayin'.

ravenheart
09-01-2011, 02:36 AM

Didn't say Canada didn't have other good bands.

Ooor.... none of them :finger:

JRA
09-01-2011, 10:32 AM
You say that a lot. It's still stupid. But you go ahead and keep on thrashing it. You seem to enjoy it.

I would suggest the inability to ever voice an opinion reasonably is more of an indicator of an irrelevant opinion. Just sayin'.

"It's just not that good" is a bona fide indicator of inability to reasonably voice an opinion.

daimonos
09-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Weapon

I fucking love this band.

Statutory-Mike
09-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Like I said, I know most will probably think otherwise but I think

Let There Be Rock
Powerage
Highway to Hell
Back in Black
For Those About To Rock

Are all fantastic.

I would actually say the Bon Scott studio albums are a better five in a row than this.

High Voltage
Dirty Deeds
Let There Be Rock
Powerage (favorite)
Highway to Hell

adamclark52
03-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Napalm Death:

Enemy of the Music Business
Order of the Leech
The Code is Red...Long Live the Code
Smear Campaign
Times Waits for No Slave

And now Utilitarian, rename the thread "Unfuckwithable six-album streaks"

Natrlhi
03-01-2012, 10:15 AM
...rename the thread "Unfuckwithable six-album streaks"If that be the case, then High on Fucking Fire would be making the list in about a month. :rocker:

Also, back to the original subject (Unfuckwithable Five-Album Streaks), Mastodon sadly fucked it up with The Hunter.

(Note: For the record, I'm finally starting to warm up to some of the album's better points, but even a diehard fan would have to admit that the album as a whole is not "unfuckwithable". There's definitely some crap on it.)

Seventhzealot
03-01-2012, 10:26 AM
If that be the case, then High on Fucking Fire would be making the list in about a month. :rocker:

Yes.

Also most of the usual suspects must have been mentioned on here. I'll be: waiting on Agalloch's next album to post here :allan:

Natrlhi
02-25-2014, 09:36 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l2agwoK7bp1qbab62.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FLWAlMEwRMs/TnqXJNL1wrI/AAAAAAAAAC8/SwJOZLCWuRw/s1600/russian-circles-station.jpeg
http://www.musicfearsatan.com/DSK/russiancircles_geneva_(big).jpg
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq4rw7sGZA1qbzv4w.jpg
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Russian-Circles-Memorial.jpg

Fates Guardian
03-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Blind Guardian for sure. You could just about pick any five of their albums and you'd have a streak of killer records, although I do consider 'A Twist in the Myth' to be a slight misstep; it's still good though. Anyway, for the sake of argument, I'll go with:

Tales from the Twilight World
Somewhere Far Beyond
Imaginations from the Other Side
Nightfall in Middle-Earth
A Night at the Opera

I think Deceased are worth a mention as well:

The Blueprints for Madness
Fearless Undead Machines
Supernatural Addiction
As the Weird Travel On
Surreal Overdose

I expect that 'Ghostly White' will be another fantastic album.

Manilla Road:

Crystal Logic
Open the Gates
The Deluge
Mystification
Out of the Abyss

And, of course, Iron Maiden.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-11-2014, 11:35 AM
This is a real cool idea, I think I'll try.

Now, this is what I think and I'm in no way stating that the albums I list are ones that everyone HAS to like, it's just my personnel opinion.

Bon Jovi (BIG SURPRISE!):
Bon Jovi
7800 Degrees Fahrenheit
Slippery When Wet
New Jersey
Keep The Faith
(and These Days, love all six of those records to death)

Van Halen:
Van Halen
Van Halen II
Women And Children First
Fair Warning
Diver Down
(they actually had a seven streak IMO, 1984 and 5150 are both awesome)

Blind Guardian:
Follow The Blind
Tales From The Twilight World
Somewhere Far Beyond
Imaginations From The Other Side
Nightfall In Middle-Earth

Queen:
Queen
Queen II
Shear Heart Attack
A Night At The Opera
A Day At The Races

Judas Priest:
Sad Wings Of Destiny
Sin After Sin
Stained Class
Hell Bent For Leather
British Steel
(wasn't a big fan of Point Of Entry, if it wasn't for that they would also have a seven streak)

W.A.S.P.:
W.A.S.P.
The Last Command
Inside The Electric Circus
The Headless Children
The Crimson Idol

Nightwish:
Oceanborn
Wishmaster
Century Child
Once
Dark Passion Play
(they also have a six streak)

Iron Maiden, but that goes without saying.

PVH5150
03-11-2014, 07:44 PM
I would say VH, but half of Diver Down is terrible.

Black Sabbath
1. Black Sabbath
2. Paranoid
3. Master of Reality
4. Volume 4
5. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Deep Purple
1. In Rock
2. Machine Head
3. Fireball
4. Who Do We Think We Are
5. Burn

Rush
1. Signals
2. Grace Under Pressure
3. Power Windows
4. Hold Your Fire
5. Presto
(Blow me, 80s Rush > this planet)

JRA
03-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Diver Down > Once, Century Child, and Last Command

marker
03-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Diver Down > Once, Century Child, and Last Command

1984 > Diver Down

Just fucking with you, although Diver Down is inconsistent. Neither is great. These songs from DD are hard to beat, probably better than most of 1984.

Little Guitars
Secrets
Hang Em' High

ravenheart
03-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Bon Jovi (BIG SURPRISE!):
Bon Jovi
7800 Degrees Fahrenheit
Slippery When Wet
New Jersey
Keep The Faith
(and These Days, love all six of those records to death)

I would actually bump it to 7800 - These Days. The self-titled really isn't all that good, but agree those other five are gold.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-12-2014, 11:42 AM
I would actually bump it to 7800 - These Days. The self-titled really isn't all that good, but agree those other five are gold.

I really love the self-titled, probably just because of how 80's obsessed I am though. The only songs I didn't like on those other five were (I Don't Wanna Fall) To The Fire and It's Hard (Letting You Go), other than that they were all perfect in my eyes.

JRA
03-13-2014, 06:53 AM
1984 > Diver Down

I'm shocked you would think that's a controversial/trolling opinion. I figured that was fact.

ravenheart
03-13-2014, 07:34 AM
Queen:

Mine would honestly be the run from 'The Works' through to 'Made In Heaven'.

That's not to say 'Made In Heaven' is anywhere near one of their best albums, but it is a good album, and I don't really like most of 'A Night At The Opera'.

marker
03-13-2014, 08:20 AM
I'm shocked you would think that's a controversial/trolling opinion. I figured that was fact.

Or you could check with Ultraboris to see what he thinks.

TheWildAndTheYoung
03-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Mine would honestly be the run from 'The Works' through to 'Made In Heaven'.

That's not to say 'Made In Heaven' is anywhere near one of their best albums, but it is a good album, and I don't really like most of 'A Night At The Opera'.

Very very true, I especially loved A Kind Of Magic and The Miracle.

JRA
03-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Or you could check with Ultraboris to see what he thinks.

a) That would work if Van Halen was on the archives, dumbass. b) Because I agree with everything he says.

marker
03-13-2014, 12:35 PM
a) That would work if Van Halen was on the archives, dumbass. b) Because I agree with everything he says.

Obviously you missed the point loser. We all know you want to blow the dude.

JRA
03-13-2014, 07:19 PM
No.