PDA

View Full Version : In Flames -- Louisville, KY -- September 30th, 2009

DethMaiden
09-30-2009, 10:52 PM
We got there as The Faceless were finishing their last song, so no setlist there.

3 Inches of Blood were awesome in terms of stage presence and rockin' atmosphere but played a TERRIBLE setlist - I only gave a shit about the Fire Up the Blades tracks, honestly. No Destroy the Orcs, no Deadly Sinners, no Rock in Hell, and some seriously wtf choices in place:

Battles and Brotherhood
Call of the Hammer
Trial of Champions
Wykydtron
Silent Killer
Swordmaster
Night Marauders
The Goatriders Horde

Between the Buried and Me played one of the five best sets I've seen this year. Nearly an hour of pure nonstop awesome. Technically unbeatable, and Tommy Rogers has a stage presence that would be douchey from so many singers and yet is totally awesome coming from him. He said he was too sick to hold the notes in the intro to Foam Born: The Backtrack, so the audience willingly obliged:

All Bodies
Selkies: The Endless Obsession
Obfuscation
Foam Born: The Backtrack
Foam Born: The Decade of Statues
Viridian
White Walls

In Flames were...well, I dunno, they were all you can ask for out of 2009 In Flames. It was either the worst melodic death metal set I've ever seen or the best nu metal set I've ever seen. Thoroughly entertaining though, and I love listening to Swedish metal frontmen talk. Anders had just as many interesting and funny stories as Mikael Åkerfeldt:

Cloud Connected
Embody The Invisible
Pinball Map
Delight And Angers
Disconnected
Square Nothing
The Hive
Drifter
Clayman
Come Clarity
Leeches
Alias
The Mirror's Truth
The Quiet Place
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Great show! Now it's 3 AM and I'm studying until I pass out or go to class. :party: :eyes:

xStructualDefect
09-30-2009, 10:55 PM
that honestly is not that bad of an In Flames set. i expected much worse from them. just take out the ASOP songs (mainly Disconnected and Alias) and i'll be satisfied. not completely but satisfied for a 2009 In Flames set.

and i have no idea why BTBAM never play Alaska. oh well.

bt11763
10-01-2009, 05:25 AM
i am so undescribably upset at that 3IOB set.

they used to be one of the best bands out there, and from the looks of this i think that it's gonna stay that way, especially since Jamie left ;_;

zerkz
10-01-2009, 07:43 AM
that guy blew out his voice though, hard. I heard his techniques were all from the throat, which supposedly is horrid for your vocal cords.

Still, disappointed in no Deadly Sinners....

Wish In Flames would of played Jotun or Episode 666 off of Whoracle instead of The Hive.... the Hive seems to always be on the setlist.

The_jman
10-01-2009, 08:18 AM
nice review... in flames set has some ones I like. very nice.

SomewhereInTime72
10-01-2009, 08:22 AM
To be honest, this is actually really close to a great balance for In Flames. They are playing some great older material, and for the most part choosing the better of the new songs. If they do a tour after this that doesn't focus on the new album specifically, it could be pretty sick, provided they sub the new album songs they drop with Colony/Whoracle songs and not RTR/STYE. :cool:

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 10:29 AM
To be honest, this is actually really close to a great balance for In Flames. They are playing some great older material, and for the most part choosing the better of the new songs. If they do a tour after this that doesn't focus on the new album specifically, it could be pretty sick, provided they sub the new album songs they drop with Colony/Whoracle songs and not RTR/STYE. :cool:

I have no complaints about the set save for the lack of Episode 666. But your tour theory is shot since Anders said they were going back to Sweden to write a new record after this tour.

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-01-2009, 10:39 AM
I have no complaints about the set save for the lack of Episode 666. But your tour theory is shot since Anders said they were going back to Sweden to write a new record after this tour.

Interesting. I'll still have my fingers crossed for a new one in the right direction, much like Come Clarity was.

DethMaiden
10-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Interesting. I'll still have my fingers crossed for a new one in the right direction, much like Come Clarity was.

Come Clarity is easily the best new In Flames album.

SomewhereInTime72
10-01-2009, 12:00 PM

I think it's around on par with A Sense of Purpose. Both are actually rather decent. Hopefully playing older material on this tour makes them feel more prone to that style for when they write a new one, I guess. :tongue: :cool: :lol:

mastodon421
10-01-2009, 01:50 PM
wtf at the 3 Inches Of Blood set no Deadly Sinners:confused: the lack of Destroy The Orcs. I actually like Here Waits Thy Doom but dont do a whole set pretty much based around that album.

Cant wait till Saturday when this hits up MA!

Grayfox
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM
After seeing what their setlist for this tour is, I'm not disappointed that I didn't go on the 21st. I feel like I've seen all of those songs so many times.

When is this band going to overhaul their setlist?

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-01-2009, 03:44 PM

Could not agree with you more.

King_of_Nothing716
10-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I went to this show last night...The Faceless were fun to watch and had a couple really good songs, but to me, theres nothing that spacial about them. 3 Inches of Blood turned me into a fan. i honestly hated them before last night, but once I saw what they were about....I like them, very fun to watch. I will definitely be checking out more of them. BTBAM was probably the best live act I have ever seen and even gave In Flames a run for their money. I was a fan before but seeing them live made me a diehard fan. Everything seemed flawless. In Flames was amazing as well. I think Anders mic could have been up a little more, or maybe it was the crowd singing so loud..He also said that we were the best crowd on the whole tour so far.;)

kazzzj
10-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Hell Yeah! I was there it was a badass show. I got to meet the band after the show and got a bunch of shit signed. Too bad Jesper wasn't there.

mastodon421
10-02-2009, 07:14 PM
did any of you guys that went happen to know how merch costs?

DethMaiden
10-02-2009, 07:16 PM
did any of you guys that went happen to know how merch costs?

$20 t-shirts across the board I think. $30 BTBAM hoodie, $60 In Flames hoodie.

mastodon421
10-03-2009, 06:39 AM
$20 t-shirts across the board I think. $30 BTBAM hoodie, $60 In Flames hoodie.

Thank you very much. I cant wait till tonight:party:

King_of_Nothing716
10-03-2009, 11:22 AM
my In Flames shirt was 30 because I'm a big guy lol. I think they were 25 though..i should have got a BTBAM hoodie, they are all sold out on their site.

JuuKun
10-03-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm not even going, but:

No Deadly Sinners?!? WHAT??