PDA

View Full Version : Hellfest 2010 (AKA: GOD DAMN)

mankvill
09-30-2009, 08:53 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6531/hellfest2010flyer.jpg

Holy shit.

JRA
09-30-2009, 09:06 PM
haha, Sepultura get third tier bidding under Immortal. And I don't even listen to the latter. :eyes:

Natrlhi
09-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Twisted Sister? You have got to be fucking kidding me. Jesus fuck that is lame.

Otherwise, looks interesting. Some of the stoner-y bands on there are pretty fucking cool (Black Cobra, Weedeater, Rwake, Saviours), even though they seem a bit out of place with all the death metal bands. The bands on this bill which I'd be most psyched to see would probably be Arch Enemy, Obscura and Suffocation (never seen any of them). I have seen Behemoth, Dying Fetus, Atheist & General Surgery before, but they would be cool to see again, too. I'm curious to see who else gets added to the bill...

Maiden33
09-30-2009, 09:23 PM

Otherwise, looks interesting. Some of the stoner-y bands on there are pretty fucking cool (Black Cobra, Weedeater, Rwake, Saviours), even though they seem a bit out of place with all the death metal bands. The bands on this bill which I'd be most psyched to see would probably be Arch Enemy, Obscura and Suffocation (never seen any of them). I have seen Behemoth, Dying Fetus, Atheist & General Surgery before, but they would be cool to see again, too. I'm curious to see who else gets added to the bill...

I'd rather see Twisted Sister than any of the other listed bands. :eyes:

... mostly for funsies, but still.

Natrlhi
09-30-2009, 09:27 PM
I'd rather see Twisted Sister than any of the other listed bands. :eyes:

... mostly for funsies, but still.

:barf:.

No offense, but...

:barf:!!!

mankvill
09-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Last year they had Papa Roach and Motley Crue...

:eyes:

But also really awesome bands too.

Hellfest always has amazing line-ups, but I've heard it's run very badly. I'm sure ravenheart could tell us.

Maiden33
09-30-2009, 09:29 PM
:barf:.

No offense, but...

:barf:!!!

No offense, but that's how I feel about the majority of music you listen to, or at least post about.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Beastin lineup. Immortal, Arch Enemy, Behemoth, Ghost Brigade, Sepultura (granted they blow donkey shit now), Bloodbath....man. Jealous!

mankvill
09-30-2009, 09:33 PM

Last years headliners were (for each day):

Motley Crue (above Heaven and Hell :hecho: )

Marilyn Manson/Machine Head

Manowar

But they also had bands like Pentagram, God Seed, D666, Pig Destroyer, Amebix, Moonsorrow, Terror, Suicidal Tendencies, Moonspell, Napalm Death, Pestilence, Brutal Truth, Coalesce (LAWRENCE IN DA HOUSE), etc.

So it'll be interesting to see who else gets added.

Natrlhi
09-30-2009, 09:51 PM
No offense, but that's how I feel about the majority of music you listen to, or at least post about.

I wasn't trying to get under your skin, I just think Twisted Sister has no place whatsoever on this bill. If you can make a good argument why they should be playing a death metal festival such as this, I'd like to hear it.

...and regarding my tastes, [about half of the regular posters on this board, if not more] would like to have a word with you. ;)

Maiden33
09-30-2009, 10:03 PM
I wasn't trying to get under your skin, I just think Twisted Sister has no place whatsoever on this bill. If you can make a good argument why they should be playing a death metal festival such as this, I'd like to hear it.

...and regarding my tastes, [about half of the regular posters on this board, if not more] would like to have a word with you. ;)

1.I realize you weren't trying to get under my skin, and based on the other bands listed, I wholeheartedly agree that Twisted Sister doesn't belong on this bill. I don't even really like Twisted Sister. I just felt like responding to you singling them out, because it's a simple fact that I would actually rather see them than any of those other bands. That's all, no need to read further into it.

2.I don't care what half of the current regular posters on this board listen to. Most people here tend to shift their tastes considerably every so often, that I've long given up on caring what other people listen to. I realize that due to the way this board has changed in the past 4 years I now have considerable common ground with less than a half dozen active posters, and I'm fine with that.

Natrlhi
09-30-2009, 10:32 PM

Manowar

But they also had bands like Pentagram, God Seed, D666, Pig Destroyer, Amebix, Moonsorrow, Terror, Suicidal Tendencies, Moonspell, Napalm Death, Pestilence, Brutal Truth, Coalesce (LAWRENCE IN DA HOUSE), etc.

Yeah, that is weird as fuck to have so many death metal and more extreme bands on the bill and then headliners such as the ones you listed. It just doesn't seem to fit.

Anyway, you do have "Ox", do you not? I started a thread for the album a few months back, and I thought sure you'd jump in with at least a shoutout or something...;) Plus, I don't see it on your list for 2009 albums...maybe they aren't your thing?

mankvill
09-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah, that is weird as fuck to have so many death metal and more extreme bands on the bill and then headliners such as the ones you listed. It just doesn't seem to fit.

Anyway, you do have "Ox", do you not? I started a thread for the album a few months back, and I thought sure you'd jump in with at least a shoutout or something...;) Plus, I don't see it on your list for 2009 albums...maybe they aren't your thing?

Haven't gotten around to it just yet.

TonyD
09-30-2009, 11:14 PM

Ditto

You called?

Natrlhi
10-01-2009, 03:09 AM
^:lol::D

MunicipalWasted
10-01-2009, 03:57 AM

Manowar

That made me lul.

But yeah, this lineup is fucking killer. Too bad it's in France :tp:

Dextrimental
10-01-2009, 04:38 AM
I tink ill be goin to this along wit graspop next year :D Twisted sister will be awesome to see live. The line up this year was cool too i thought, napalm death, misfits, machine head :D heres hoping the rest of the headliners will be just as good..

Fe Maiden
10-01-2009, 07:56 AM
1.I realize you weren't trying to get under my skin, and based on the other bands listed, I wholeheartedly agree that Twisted Sister doesn't belong on this bill. I don't even really like Twisted Sister. I just felt like responding to you singling them out, because it's a simple fact that I would actually rather see them than any of those other bands. That's all, no need to read further into it.

2.I don't care what half of the current regular posters on this board listen to. Most people here tend to shift their tastes considerably every so often, that I've long given up on caring what other people listen to. I realize that due to the way this board has changed in the past 4 years I now have considerable common ground with less than a half dozen active posters, and I'm fine with that.I think you and I have some common ground in what we like for the most part. Twisted Sister, yeah, they don't belong with the rest of the bands there but I'm with you on this one. I'd rather see them than the others as well. Not my taste.:allan:

mankvill
11-30-2009, 08:21 AM
I was going to update this, but it seems the picture in the first post updated itself. :lol:

Natrlhi
11-30-2009, 09:35 AM
I was going to update this, but it seems the picture in the first post updated itself. :lol:

Damn, man - you are one fart smeller...I mean smart feller - for putting a self-updating photo in your original post.

The Nat ---> :bowdown: MANKVILL

:D

ravenheart
12-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Personally care about: KISS, Raven, Candlemass, Crowbar, Solace, Swallow The Sun, Arch Enemy, Tankard, Overkill, My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Primal Fear, U.D.O., Freak Kitchen, Sabaton and Atheist.

Which is pretty good going. If only it wasn't in a stupid location and reportedly appallingly organised. Oh well.

mankvill
01-25-2010, 09:52 PM
JOHN GARCIA PLAYS KYUSS - JELLO BIAFRA AND THE GUANTANAMO SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - BIOHAZARD

ANVIL - BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - BRANT BJORK AND THE BROSS - DELAIN - DISCIPLINE - DEW SCENTED - EVILE - GOROD - KMFDM - LOUDBLAST - MARDUK - MONDO GENERATOR - NACHTMYSTIUM - NEVERMORE - NILE - OTARGOS - RATT - SIGH - THE YOUNG GODS - WATAIN - Y&T - YAWNING MAN

GWAR cancels

Image updated on first page, headliners announced at end of Feb.

davidis138
01-26-2010, 03:08 PM
:lol: Sepultura needs a Cavalera reunion. They're under all these other people when at one point they could've been headlining. They haven't been in the US in like 4 years.

:eyes: no demand maybe? :eyes:

ADD
01-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Damn that's a pretty sick lineup.

ravenheart
01-26-2010, 03:42 PM
:lol: Sepultura needs a Cavalera reunion. They're under all these other people when at one point they could've been headlining.

It's in alphabetical order... :eyes:

powerslave_85
01-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Ewwwwww to Kiss and Twisted Sister.

Can't really complain about a festival that has Nile, BTBAM, AND Jello Biafra, though.

ravenheart
01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Ewwwwww to Kiss and Twisted Sister.

Very, very popular in Europe. I can see why they've booked them. Not bothered myself as I'm seeing KISS in London in May. The rest is pretty meh. Certainly not worth the cost and effort of travelling to the middle of nowhere, France.

davidis138
01-26-2010, 11:11 PM
It's in alphabetical order... :eyes:

I know that. But I'm betting they're gonna be early on in the festival and I'm sure that they're only getting like a 30 or 40 min set.

TonyD
01-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Uh oh, John Garcia is back in business and Mondo Generator is gonna be (sucking ass) there.
http://thesynopsis.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/quagmire-3865.jpg

Derelict
01-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Hellfest usually gets a couple non metal bands that seem to fit right in (this year, KMFDM and Jello).

Also, as to the Cavalera's, Max and Igor toured together a few years ago as cavalera Conspiracy and half the set was Sepultura songs...beats seeing the mess that calls themselves Sepultura do Max-era songs.

Natrlhi
01-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Also, as to the Cavalera's, Max and Igor toured together a few years ago as cavalera Conspiracy and half the set was Sepultura songs...beats seeing the mess that calls themselves Sepultura do Max-era songs.

:agree: It was bad enough after Max left, but what's even worse is the current lineup, which has nobody named Cavalera in it at all. Exhibit A:

Natrlhi's 100 (Almost) Best (and Worst) Albums of 2009

http://cosmicdiary.org/blogs/emanuel_sungging_mumpuni/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/folder-a-lex.jpg
96. Sepultura – A-Lex
Well, I hate to start with the obvious comment, but this album is certainly not the Sepultura of old. Both Cavaleras brothers have now departed the band, and gone almost entirely is the tribal influence (be it in the jungle drums of “Ratamahatta”, or the pure, simple animal aggression of their earlier work) of this legendary band. This is a concept album based on the classic book and movie “A Clockwork Orange”. Concept albums sometimes work and sometimes don’t. This year, it seems to have worked for Giant Squid, but not so much for Sepultura. The album itself does have a few good highlights – such as the third track “Filthy Rot”, which harkens back to the tribal sound I mentioned earlier, only to decay quite nicely into a Meshuggah-esque beat more fitting of their modern extreme metal sound. However, I just like classic old Sepultura better.^I was being nice.

Natrlhi
01-27-2010, 08:31 AM
Seriously, though - this fest looks totally badass (despite the comments about it allegedly being poorly organized and such).

Too bad it's in France - that really makes my chances of attending almost nil. I mean, hells bells...Immortal, Godflesh, Gorod, Nile, Arch Enemy, Asphyx, Ensiferum and Necrophagist alone would make it worth the trip, not to mention BTBAM, Nachtmystium, 16, Atheist, Behemoth, Black Cobra, Bloodbath, Decapitated, Dying Fetus, Obscura, Suffocation... :snivel:

davidis138
01-27-2010, 01:52 PM

Yeah I have the first Cavalera Conspiracy album and I wanted to go see them or Soulfly when they came around but missed out :tp:

But definatelywould rather see 1/2 of the original Sepultura than Andreas Kisser presents Sepultura :lol:

idrinkwine732
01-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Does Bloodbath's presence on the tour mean we could get new material or a new tour soon?

ravenheart
02-26-2010, 08:29 AM
It's such a shame that all reports regarding this festival are that it's shit.

Slayer
Alice Cooper
Motorhead
Fear Factory
Saxon
Airbourne
Stone Sour
Carcass
Infectious Grooves
Deftones
Fields of The Nephilim
Exodus
Annihilator
Devin Townsend Project
Hypocrisy
Mass Hysteria
Doom
Dillinger Escape Plan
As I Lay Dying
Unearth
Electric Mary Vulcain
Blaspheme
Kalisia
Tamtrum

SirLardsAlot
02-26-2010, 09:08 AM
haha, Sepultura get third tier bidding under Immortal. And I don't even listen to the latter. :eyes:

To be fair, that bottom section isn't the third tier, it's the list that had already been confirmed.

mankvill
02-26-2010, 09:11 AM
I've heard the festival isn't shit, just...it's run like shit.

TonyD
02-26-2010, 09:16 AM
It's such a shame that all reports regarding this festival are that it's shit.

Slayer
Alice Cooper
Motorhead
Fear Factory
Saxon
Airbourne
Stone Sour
Carcass
Infectious Grooves
Deftones
Fields of The Nephilim
Exodus
Annihilator
Devin Townsend Project
Hypocrisy
Mass Hysteria
Doom
Dillinger Escape Plan
As I Lay Dying
Unearth
Electric Mary Vulcain
Blaspheme
Kalisia
Tamtrum

That could be a festival lineup by itself, holy shit.

mankvill
02-26-2010, 09:16 AM
First post updated with complete flyer.

Man, if I were at this fest, I don't think I'd ever go near the 1st Main Stage for any reason except the last day.

mankvill
02-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Also:

I think this is like the 3rd time in 4 years they've had Slayer play.

TonyD
02-26-2010, 09:44 AM
I would probably only go the 3rd day, and wouldn't know what the fuck to do with myself.

bt11763
02-26-2010, 02:52 PM
i want to go so fucking bad.

tickets theselves come out to only 175 for all three days, but plane tickets are over $1,300 :mad: :finger2: