Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

ENCORES-

Stone Cold Crazy
Phantom Lord
Seek & Destroy

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-28-2009, 10:03 PM
not bad. I'm seeing them tomorrow (or later today, technically).

I hoping for less Death Magnetic and more Ride/Master and throw in Blackened, please.

ross_r
09-28-2009, 10:09 PM
No unfortunately, I think the only songs they are rotating are the old songs and encore songs (except Seek and Destroy). You will be stuck with the same Death Magnetic Songs.

mankvill
09-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I Dissapear

NIIIICE.

Is that the first time that's been played in the States on this tour?

Also:

Creeping Death
I Disappear
Battery
Phantom Lord

They're gettin' there. ;)

HugeRockStar
09-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Two nights in Montreal and NOW they decide to do Creeping Death lol. Good setlist.

hellawaits77ny
09-29-2009, 01:25 AM
NIIIICE.

Is that the first time that's been played in the States on this tour?

Also:

Creeping Death
I Disappear
Battery
Phantom Lord

They're gettin' there. ;)

Yes. First time played since '06 I believe. Maybe even '04

bwahhhhhhh
09-29-2009, 06:06 AM
fuck "i disappear"

JRA
09-29-2009, 06:45 AM
fuck "i disappear"

This. I liked that riff better when it was "The Nomad."

Sanitarium78
09-29-2009, 08:06 AM
fuck "i disappear"

I agree there are way better songs to chose from than that one. I doubt that's on any fans "play that live" lists. They probably just did it because they felt like it. The rest of the set is cool though.

ross_r
09-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Yes, before they played I Disappear, James said something like...We haven't played this in a long time, so sorry if it sounds weird.

Everyone went APE SHIT when Creeping Death was played! I thought it got one of the best reactions on the set. The first visible circle pit started during Creeping Death on the floor.

MountainKing
09-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Their sets really should have changed a bit more for the second leg in my opinion. Less DM and more of a hits set. Here is a wish list for me balancing what i think the band likes and what fans want. Pretty realistic i think...

1. that was just your life
2. the end of the line
3. creeping death
4. fight fire with fire
5. one
6. the judas kiss
7. the four horsemen
8. sad but true
9. blackened
10. damage inc
11. the day that never comes
12. master of puppets
13. battery
14. nothing else matters
15. enter sandman

16. dyers eve
17. whiplash
18. seek and destroy

thanks for indulging me...this would be awsome

Sanitarium78
09-29-2009, 08:42 AM
That would be a cool set but I think they should get the two DM songs out of the strating spot and open with some old shit to really get the crowd going. Leave 4 spots a night for DM songs and just rotate those so the songs from DM all still have a chance to get in. For example rotate Life/Line with BBS/Cyanide and rotate Nightmare, Judas and Apocalypse every night and maybe rotate TDTNC with Unforgiven 3. I feel it's the new shit that should get the rotation treatment not the old classics but the band doesn't really feel that way I guess. They'll still put on one of the best shows you'll see reguardless of what they play unless one of those songs is I Disappear

HackedUpForBBQ
09-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Wow they played "I Disappear" again? I saw them play it live back in '04 and didn't think they'd ever do it again..... it's an alright song I guess, but I'm STILL baffled as to why they don't do And Justice For All a hell of a lot more often... yeah, it's a hard song, but you can't beat that one live

bwahhhhhhh
09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Wow they played "I Disappear" again? I saw them play it live back in '04 and didn't think they'd ever do it again..... it's an alright song I guess, but I'm STILL baffled as to why they don't do And Justice For All a hell of a lot more often... yeah, it's a hard song, but you can't beat that one live

Had the pleasure of seeing them play "and justice for all" at bonnaroo 2 summers ago. you are correct. it's an amazing live song... as well as anything off that album

Sanitarium78
09-29-2009, 10:56 AM

I read in an interview awhile back I think with Lars and he said the reason Justice isn't played more is because everyone in the band feels it's just too long and it takes a lot out of you and that they played it every show during the Justice tour because they had too. I understand that but I don't mind that it's played so little because I think it makes it more special when they do play it. If it was in every night you know there would be people bitching "why don't they drop Justice and do something else for a change" so the band isn't gonna win either way.

andrew_metalhead
09-29-2009, 11:26 AM
I read in an interview awhile back I think with Lars and he said the reason Justice isn't played more is because everyone in the band feels it's just too long and it takes a lot out of you and that they played it every show during the Justice tour because they had too. I understand that but I don't mind that it's played so little because I think it makes it more special when they do play it. If it was in every night you know there would be people bitching "why don't they drop Justice and do something else for a change" so the band isn't gonna win either way.

You are right. Justice songs are good only when they are played rarely. Honestly, the title track would be boring if played every night of the tour.

The_jman
09-29-2009, 03:19 PM
You are right. Justice songs are good only when they are played rarely. Honestly, the title track would be boring if played every night of the tour.
I agree with this statement. with the exception of one... that song never gets old.

makethemsuffer12
09-29-2009, 05:25 PM
I agree with this statement. with the exception of one... that song never gets old.

I beg to differ...

Indestructible
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Good set. Never thought of seeing I Dissappear in there. Ive never had problem with the song there is just much better to choose from.

mankvill
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
fuck all yall trill ass niggas

way back in the day, I Disappear was the first song I consciously linked to Metallica. I'd heard Enter Sandman on MTV, but I couldn't tell you who sang it.

rjturtle9
09-29-2009, 06:58 PM
1. that was just your life
2. the end of the line
3. creeping death
4. fight fire with fire
5. one
6. the judas kiss
7. the four horsemen
8. sad but true
9. blackened
10. damage inc
11. the day that never comes
12. master of puppets
13. battery
14. nothing else matters
15. enter sandman

16. dyers eve
17. whiplash
18. seek and destroy

change dyers eve with Disposable Heroes and fit fade to Black in there somewhere and OMFG!!!! will orgasm to death if i get to see that live

BookOfThel78
09-29-2009, 10:23 PM
This is my second time seeing them and yet again no FADE TO BLACK. Why of all places did they choose to play I Dissapear in San Antonio still beckens me. Fade to Black should been played instead.

Sanitarium78
09-30-2009, 11:08 AM
This is my second time seeing them and yet again no FADE TO BLACK. Why of all places did they choose to play I Dissapear in San Antonio still beckens me. Fade to Black should been played instead.

Due to how little Fade To Black has been played since this toured started last year I have a few theory's on what the band is dong here. First they may just be playing it less because they want it to be more special when they do play it. Second maybe because they've played it a thousand times over their career and are just more tired of playing it than anything else and are slowly moving it into retirement. Either way it should at least be a rotation song. I can't see why they're so hell bent on doing NEM every single night and not feel the same about FTB. At the very least they could rotate these two songs every other night. The five times i've seen them live they did FTB each time so it's not gonna bother me as much when I see them in November if they don't play it. But I can see if it's someone's first time seeing them or if they haven't seen them for awhile why you would get upset at it not being in there. To tell you the truth i've gotten used to it not being a regular anymore and i've moved on.