PDA

View Full Version : Metallica -- Montreal, Québec -- September 20th, 2009

PowerMaiden
09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
worst setlist ever, I'm never going to see 'em again hahaha they are a joke !

maybe not in exact order

Life
End
Harverster
Wolf
One
Sad
Judas
Broken, Beat Scared
Cyanide
Day Never Comes
Master
Apocalypse
Unforgiven
Nothing
Sandman

Blizkrieg
Trapped
Seek

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
09-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Judas is good!

But that is definitely the worst set they've done since their album release.

TonyD
09-20-2009, 09:41 PM
:|
I'm sorry. I think you deserve a 50% refund.

mankvill
09-20-2009, 09:47 PM
:|
I'm sorry. I think you deserve a 50% refund.

:agree:

MetalIsArt
09-21-2009, 01:09 AM
Judas is good!

But that is definitely the worst set they've done since their album release.

Trapped Under Ice
Harvester Of Sorrow
Blitzkrieg
Seek & Destroy
Master Of Puppets

TEH WORZT DUDEZ

Sanitarium78
09-21-2009, 06:10 AM
According to metontour.com this is the correct order of the set if anyone is wondering

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Harvester Of Sorrow
Of Wolf And Man
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
The Judas Kiss
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
My Apocalypse
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

Blitzkrieg
Trapped Under Ice
Seek & Destroy

Harvester, Wolf, Unforgiven, Judas, Apocalypse, Blitzkrieg and Trapped Under Ice are a cool with me. The only thing that leaves me scratching my head is that I thought for sure Creeping Death would get played one of the nights in Montreal.

Indestructible
09-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Cool to see Judas kiss and Trapped under Ice in there. Im hoping to hear The Judas Kiss when I see them its one of my favorites from Death Magnetic.:rocker:

HugeRockStar
09-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Yeah I was dissapointed that in 2 nights there was no Creeping Death. I thought for sure they would play it last night after Master Of Puppets, but they played ANOTHER new song. Oh well, still a fun weekend for sure!

Natrlhi
09-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Cool to see Judas kiss and Trapped under Ice in there. Im hoping to hear The Judas Kiss when I see them its one of my favorites from Death Magnetic.:rocker:

I think I may actually have to agree with something you just said. :eek:

IrritatedTrout
09-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Waaaaay too much black album/Death Magnetic stuff.

mankvill
09-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Trapped Under Ice
Harvester Of Sorrow
Blitzkrieg
Seek & Destroy
Master Of Puppets

TEH WORZT DUDEZ

Master & Seek are played at every show

Blitzkrieg is a cover

Harvester really isn't that great

So Trapped Under Ice is okay.

PowerMaiden
09-21-2009, 11:57 AM
I am never ever spending one more cents on them, they play like shit, Jaymz can't sing, with this awful setlist, awful night, awful band , what a nightmare

RIP Metallica 1983 - 1988

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

IrritatedTrout
09-21-2009, 12:03 PM

Blitzkrieg is a cover

Gotta agree here, when you're defending a 2 hour set with 5 songs from it, well, that's not good. And of those, 2 are staples and 1 is a cover. However, Trapped Under Ice is a rarity and I love Harvester myself.

jhdeity
09-21-2009, 12:27 PM
I just rated the last set a 6 and would have to give this one a 6 also. I much prefer Judas Kiss, Trapped Under Ice and expecially Blitzkrieg over Die, Die my darling.

mankvill
09-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I am never ever spending one more cents on them, they play like shit, Jaymz can't sing, with this awful setlist, awful night, awful band , what a nightmare

RIP Metallica 1983 - 1988

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

More money to spend on Maiden, right? :)

JRA
09-21-2009, 12:41 PM

Blitzkrieg is a cover

And Seek & Destroy isn't even that good live, since nowadays they downtune it and the intro sounds like shit.

mankvill
09-21-2009, 12:52 PM
And Seek & Destroy isn't even that good live, since they downtune it and the intro sounds like shit.

haha, yeah. I wonder if they'll ever close with something else ever again?

Sanitarium78
09-21-2009, 01:05 PM

I think they should close with Creeping Death. Seek is OK but it's just overrated at least by the band if you ask me. Another reason Creeping Death should end the show is because whenever it's not in the set everyone is asking about why they hell it isn't there and it's obviously one of the biggest fan favorite songs they have. I understand switching songs up every night so it isn't the same old shit all the time but the omission of Creeping Death has always left me a little perplexed. They used it to close the shows during the Reload tour I believe so they have closed with it before. I think this set is cool because they did do some different stuff but it's deffinately not the best song selection they could've made.

PowerMaiden
09-21-2009, 01:09 PM
More money to spend on Maiden, right? :)

you better believe it :horns:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

hellawaits77ny
09-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Had some good tunes, but I was definately disappointed with the setlist. Happy w. Blitz and Trapped. I filmed the whole show in HD. Some clips are below.

Of Wolf And Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktPwT1Qsukk) (might not be 100% processed yet)
Blitzkrieg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhhKMj4c4qU)
Trapped Under Ice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_H3Y6JhL58)

More to come. Gonna sync a song or 2 up w/ soundboard audio.

JRA
09-21-2009, 02:24 PM

I think the best closer for a Metallica show at this point is either something super rare and fast -i.e. Hit The Lights, Metal Militia, Dyer's Eve- or Creeping Death. Honestly that "Die! Die! Die!" section is so much more epic at the end of the show because you get the last ounces of energy out of an audience.

jhdeity
09-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Great video man. I have over a thousand live shows on vhs and the picture quality these days is unreal. I did laugh when I saw John Gotti with his white headband and matching shirt in the crowd. hahaha

I'm with JRA and the others who said Creeping Death is the perfect closer. As cheeseball as the Seek sing-a-long is the Die die die is fukkin EPIC in every way!

JRA
09-21-2009, 08:45 PM
. I did laugh when I saw John Gotti with his white headband and matching shirt in the crowd. hahaha!

Wait what...? Where?

rjturtle9
09-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Since they are always switching things up from show to show, they should change up the last song. Then people will be like holy fuck i wonder what the hell they are gonna end it with. Like one night Seek and Destroy, another Creeping Death, Battery, Hit the Lights, Metal Militia...

And I agree that Creeping Death is a perfect closer!!! They used to close with that on many shows.

jhdeity
09-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Wait what...? Where?

At the beginning of the Trapped Under Ice video you see a Gotti clone in the crowd. Obviously he made the trek from the Bronx to see the show.

Sorry not bagging on NY but nowhere else in the entire world do people think white headbands look cool... especially not at a concert.

hellawaits77ny
09-22-2009, 12:35 AM
At the beginning of the Trapped Under Ice video you see a Gotti clone in the crowd. Obviously he made the trek from the Bronx to see the show.

Sorry not bagging on NY but nowhere else in the entire world do people think white headbands look cool... especially not at a concert.

Don't think ALL of us New Yorker's think they look cool. That's a Long Island/NYC thing. The majority of the populous is correct, and think they looks ridiculous ;)

hellawaits77ny
09-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Anyone have Lamb Of God and/or Gojira's setlist? Need to know 'em for the DVD and YouTube clips. Thanks!