PDA

View Full Version : Nightwish -- Helsinki, Finland -- September 19th, 2009

Spiral_Slave
09-20-2009, 08:53 AM
This was the final show of the Dark Passion Play tour.

01. Intro - Finlandia (w/ U.K. multi-instrumentalist Troy Donockley)
02. 7 Days To The Wolves
03. Ever Dream
04. Wishmaster
05. Romanticide
06. Amaranth
07. The Siren (w/ Finnish violinist Pekka Kuusisto)
08. While Your Lips Are Still Red (w/ Finnish violinist Pekka Kuusisto)
09. Poet And The Pendulum
10. Nemo
11. Sahara
12. Dark Chest Of Wonders
13. The Islander
14. Walking In The Air (w/ U.K. multi-instrumentalist Troy Donockley)
15. Last Of The Wilds (w/ U.K. multi-instrumentalist Troy Donockley)
16. Meadows Of Heaven
17. Ghost Love Score
18. I Wish I Had An Angel

Wow, that's an amazing fucking set. They should've filmed this for a DVD.

Butcher of Birth
09-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Makes me wonder if we are gonna get another "Open Letter" kicking out "You-Know-Who".

I'm just happy to have seen them twice on their Very Long World Tour.

JuuKun
09-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Very happy to have seen them twice during this tour, have to agree with Butcher on that.

Nice looking set, but the only song on there that I haven't seen them do but would like to is Romanticide. Ghost Love Score would be cool, but as much as I like her, I'm not sure how it'd be with Anette on vocals.

the chewbacca defense
09-20-2009, 05:19 PM
WISHMASTERhttp://www.metalsetlists.com/images/smilies/ROCKER.gif i don't think they've played that in years

JuuKun
09-20-2009, 05:51 PM
WISHMASTERhttp://www.metalsetlists.com/images/smilies/ROCKER.gif i don't think they've played that in years

Actually, it was a pretty solid staple in the Dark Passion Play sets until sometime last year.

JRA
09-20-2009, 07:20 PM

What are you talking about? They always play Wishmaster!

Now Crownless on the other hand...:bouville:

xStructualDefect
09-20-2009, 09:22 PM
damn pretty good set. too bad i missed them when they came with Sonata last year.

Sanitarium78
09-21-2009, 05:16 AM
Yes Wishmaster is played almost all the time from what I remember. I haven't even been paying attention to their sets at all lately I thought the tour ended months ago. Still a cool set not as cool as the set I saw them do in Toronto in October two years ago but still cool. Damn they all must be burnt out now and how well is Anette's voice holding up? I know she's never performed this long of a tour before in her life.

the chewbacca defense
09-21-2009, 10:41 PM
What are you talking about? They always play Wishmaster!

Now Crownless on the other hand...:bouville:

not on their most recent US tour (or the previous one)

JuuKun
09-22-2009, 02:19 AM
not on their most recent US tour (or the previous one)

That's not "years", seeing as how they've done two US tours in the last year (SINGULAR).

But, I'll repeat myself: It was in almost every set until one point last year. I think it was in a handful of last year's US dates too.

Sanitarium78
09-22-2009, 06:48 AM
I saw them in the fall of '07 and the srping of '08 and Whismaster was played both times. It's deffinately a staple for them because they get a good sing-a-long going with the crowd during the chorus. I haven't seen many recent sets so maybe they just gave it a break for a few months.

the chewbacca defense
09-22-2009, 09:27 PM
i noticed they also stopped playing 'bye bye beautiful' too. Then again, i would have prob blew my voice out during that song lol (which i ended up doing during 'wish i had an angel'

crusader84
09-23-2009, 05:39 AM
Only 3 songs from AFF/OB/WM/CC!? Shit...

btw Anette's is OK, but for some other kind of music, her voice fits horrible with Nightwish sound.

Sanitarium78
09-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Only 3 songs from AFF/OB/WM/CC!? Shit...

btw Anette's is OK, but for some other kind of music, her voice fits horrible with Nightwish sound.

They never play anything from AFF and I don't really blame them I don't think it was that good compared to the other stuff. From OB they've played SOW on and off this tour but I don't know about anything else. The first time I saw them this tour they did She Is My Sin,WM, Ever Dream and Slaying The Dreamer. The next time they did Come Cover Me, WM and Ever Dream. I know that Dead Boys Poem and Dead To The World have been played a bit during the last half of the tour.

As for Anette her voice fits well with the stuff from DPP that was written for her voice. I try not to be too hard on her with performing the old stuff I think she does an OK job with them but also keep in mind that she's performing songs that were written for someone to sing that has a totally different voice.
She really doesn't deserve all the shit some fans give her all she's doing is performing a job she was hired for. I feel if someone doesn't like the way she fits the band they should put more of the blame on Tuomas instead of her since he's the one who hired her.