PDA

View Full Version : DragonForce -- West Hollywood, CA -- September 18th, 2009

rjturtle9
09-19-2009, 07:35 PM
What a show. They never disappoint live!

First band was a local band called 2 cents. They're music wasn't really my thing but damn were they funny! they stopped the show to point out a guy that was txting.

Second was Taking Dawn. I met the singer/guitarists at the Judas Priest show in Vegas and he was a really cool guy. he remembered me and we talked before they went on. Since i know the guy, I'll just say their music wasn't really me cup of tea ;)

Next was Sonata Arctica. Pretty good for the first time seeing them, but my only complaint was they played too much new stuff. I don't own Unia or the new album so i couldn't fully enjoy their set. Partial Setlist:

In Black and White
Flag in the Ground
Black and Grey
Paid in Full
Last Drop Falls
Fullmoon
Don't Say a Word

The it was DragonForce's turn. They were better this time then any time I have seen them before. I really loved their set! Great songs that i thought i would never hear live. Memorable moments were hearing Where Dragons Rule and Starfire, crowd surfing to the last two songs, and watching Sam's hilarious stage antics. Their set may not be in correct order since I'm doing this from memory but ol well

Fury of The Storm
Heroes of Our Time
Operation Ground and Pound
Reasons To Live
Starfire
Where Dragons Rule
Fields of Despair
Keyboard Solo
Disciples of Babylon
Last Journey Home
Valley of The Damned
----------------------------
Strike of The Ninja
Through The Fire and Flames

Oh and during the Keyboard, Henrik Klingenberg (Sonata Arctica) came on stage and he and Vandim had a battle. But Henrik's keytar wasn't working so he had to do his parts from Vandim's keyboard.

SilentSoldier144
09-19-2009, 07:38 PM
No 8th Commandment from Sonata? I'm pretty disappointed. A great DF set, same as the others just different order. VOTD belongs later in the show lol. Excited for this except for the terrible Sonata set.

mankvill
09-19-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm so excited! :party:

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-19-2009, 08:22 PM
This show is going to be ill, can't wait! I would certainly hope Sonata played 8th Commandment and Kingdom For A Heart. Black Sheep would be fucking awesome as well, but it's not realistic :(

SilentSoldier144
09-19-2009, 08:31 PM
This show is going to be ill, can't wait! I would certainly hope Sonata played 8th Commandment and Kingdom For A Heart. Black Sheep would be fucking awesome as well, but it's not realistic :(

Amen.

rjturtle9
09-19-2009, 08:36 PM

i can assure you those songs weren't played. i would have gone apeshit for 8th commandment

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-19-2009, 08:45 PM
i can assure you those songs weren't played. i would have gone apeshit for 8th commandment

:(

SilentSoldier144
09-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Haha I'm also upset about no 8th Commandment :( Maybe they'll realize how much it'll spark up their set. I'll make sure to be chanting it with 8 fingers up. Maybe they'll get the idea, lol. :finger:

xStructualDefect
09-19-2009, 08:57 PM
2 cents played?
i saw them back in '07 and haven't heard from them since.

ehh i'm not really digging the Sonata setlist
the only song i'd wanna hear from that is Full Moon
i'm guessing the last 2 songs were new songs cuz theyre ???s?

not a bad set for DF very nice to see Disciples in there.

ohh well too bad i couldn't make it to this show i had other plans last night.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Haha I'm also upset about no 8th Commandment :( Maybe they'll realize how much it'll spark up their set. I'll make sure to be chanting it with 8 fingers up. Maybe they'll get the idea, lol. :finger:

Hopefully, then I'll get it as well cause my show's 4 days after ;)

rjturtle9
09-19-2009, 09:23 PM
i'm guessing the last 2 songs were new songs cuz theyre ???s?

i don't think so cause they got a pretty good crowd reaction.

xStructualDefect
09-19-2009, 09:29 PM
i don't think so cause they got a pretty good crowd reaction.

i were to guess they were probably Don't Say A Word and The Cage being the closer.

impropagation666
09-20-2009, 01:58 AM
They played 8th Commandment and Don't Say a Word in San Francisco. :cool:

rjturtle9
09-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I updated the original post to fix Sonata's set. This is what i got from watching some youtube videos. pretty sure it's correct

xStructualDefect
09-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Last Drop Falls? fuck now i feel like i missed out. oh well.

by the way has anyone given Sonata's new album a listen yet? i tried listening to it a few times but i can honestly it did not catch my interest at all.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-21-2009, 05:26 AM
by the way has anyone given Sonata's new album a listen yet? i tried listening to it a few times but i can honestly it did not catch my interest at all.

It's not :eek:, it's more like :bliss:

In case that wasn't understood, it's not fantasticly mind blowing, but it's a solid release. Some people wouldn't agree with me, but it's not all that bad. Rapes Unia, that's for sure.

Xivienne
09-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Next was Sonata Arctica. Pretty good for the first time seeing them, but my only complaint was they played too much new stuff. I don't own Unia or the new album so i couldn't fully enjoy their set. Partial Setlist:

In Black and White
Flag in the Ground
Black and Grey
Paid in Full
Last Drop Falls
Fullmoon
Don't Say a Word

I don't believe Sonata Arctica has a song called Black and Grey.. are you sure about this one? :confused:

rjturtle9
09-26-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't believe Sonata Arctica has a song called Black and Grey.. are you sure about this one? :confused:

i was thinking about that yesterday since i now have all their albums. i think it was The Last Amazing Grays. i know the singer said something grays or grey or something like that before the song

Xivienne
09-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Yep, that was the song they played. Sucked though, they only played 5 songs for some reason, but it was still great! :party:

SilentSoldier144
09-27-2009, 11:25 AM
According to http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sonata-arctica/2009/macewan-hall-ballroom-calgary-ab-canada-23d7840f.html

Sonata played

1. In Black and White
2. Flag In The Ground
3. 8th Commandment
4. Last Drop Falls
5. Full Moon
6. Don't Say A Word
7. Vodka

rjturtle9
09-27-2009, 11:43 AM
According to http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/sonata-arctica/2009/macewan-hall-ballroom-calgary-ab-canada-23d7840f.html

Sonata played

1. In Black and White
2. Flag In The Ground
3. 8th Commandment
4. Last Drop Falls
5. Full Moon
6. Don't Say A Word
7. Vodka

8th commandment wasn't played that's for damn sure!!!! replace that with paid in full and you have the correct setlists!!! sorry for screwing up with the set twice now but if you put paid in full 3rd that's the right set... finally lol

SilentSoldier144
09-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Sorry, meant to say that's from a more recent date. But they ARE playing 8th Commandment now apparently. I guess you missed out :P

Xivienne
09-27-2009, 12:08 PM
In Winnipeg they played..

1. In Black and White
2. Flag In The Ground
3. The Last Amazing Greys
4. Last Drop Falls
5. Full Moon
6. Vodka
7. Don't Say A Word

no Paid In Full :(

rjturtle9
09-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Sorry, meant to say that's from a more recent date. But they ARE playing 8th Commandment now apparently. I guess you missed out :P

yeah but i'm pretty sure that's what i got at my date. damn i want 8th commandment though :mad: