Master Of Puppets
Damage, Inc. :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - -
Last Caress
Motorbreath
Seek and Destroy

no Creeping Death. Meh we didn't miss much.

rjturtle9
09-17-2009, 09:41 PM
aside from wherever i may roam, this is one of the best sets i've seen so far!

Fratt
09-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Nice to see Sanitarium ! But no Creeping Death nor Fade to Black is sad ...

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Why the fuck are they playing the same set from the last leg?? Change it up! I know that they change it each night, but it's really just the same songs they rotate, and the DM songs have either got to go or get switched around, seriously. If your gonna mix the set every night, and you did this same EXACT set style last leg, make the rotary songs either the DM songs or totally different songs and make songs like Creeping Death and Ride The Lightning staples.

DethMaiden
09-18-2009, 07:10 AM
I've missed like ten chances to see Slayer because I've hated the support bands; you'd better believe I didn't make the effort to go to this because of Lamb of God.

xStructualDefect
09-18-2009, 07:17 AM
I've missed like ten chances to see Slayer because I've hated the support bands; you'd better believe I didn't make the effort to go to this because of Lamb of God.

i don't think any support band should stop anybody from seeing a band. especially if it's an arena or ampitheater tour because pretty much the entire crowd will be there for the headliner anyways. i've had to watch some shitty bands in the past to see the bands i came to see and in the end it was all worth it.

Natrlhi
09-18-2009, 07:40 AM
i don't think any support band should stop anybody from seeing a band. especially if it's an arena or ampitheater tour because pretty much the entire crowd will be there for the headliner anyways. i've had to watch some shitty bands in the past to see the bands i came to see and in the end it was all worth it.

True, but some people are either financially constrained or transportation / schedule limited, so to make a long journey or take the time or spend the money (especially in this case) to see one band and hate the rest of the ticket is a real deal breaker for some.

Natrlhi
09-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Nice to see Sanitarium ! But no Creeping Death nor Fade to Black is sad ...

:agree: Exactly.

I was also liking that "Battery" was in regular rotation - but that's missing here as well. :(

Sanitarium78
09-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Why the fuck are they playing the same set from the last leg?? Change it up! I know that they change it each night, but it's really just the same songs they rotate, and the DM songs have either got to go or get switched around, seriously. If your gonna mix the set every night, and you did this same EXACT set style last leg, make the rotary songs either the DM songs or totally different songs and make songs like Creeping Death and Ride The Lightning staples.

They're playing the same set format this leg because they're still touring for Death Magnetic. It makes complete sense to me. They've done everything off DM but Unforgiven 3 so I don't really see how rotating the new stuff really does anything at all. There are still about 6 or 7 songs a night that they rotate which is a lot more than a lot of other bands so I don't see the need to complain. This set is actually one of the better balanced ones i've seen so far. Up til last tour Creeping Death used to be played every show so it was a regular for 20 years. It's my favorite song from them and i'd love to see that they do it every night still but I understand them wanting a break from it and rotating it with something else. Because of that we get songs like Damage, RTL, FFWF, Dyers Eve and Blackened. Songs that weren't even regular until the last couple tours. Due to the song rotations sometimes their sets are crappy but this set is hardly anything to complain about.

jhdeity
09-18-2009, 02:00 PM
I think this in one of the WORST setlists I've seen from them. I've seen Judas Kiss instead of BB&S and Phantom Lord or No Remorse instead of Mororbreath not to mention what everyone else has. Monumental FAIL!

Derelict
09-18-2009, 02:02 PM

Should have seen them in 2004 with Mastodon :party:

DethMaiden
09-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Should have seen them in 2004 with Mastodon :party:

I tried. Actually, it was the last time I tried to make a Slayer show. I guess I need to hurry up before they retire at some point though.

PowerMaiden
09-18-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm seeing the 2 nd montreal show this upcoming sunday, hope to have a better set than that

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

HackedUpForBBQ
09-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Only one from Ride the Lightning!?!?!? In my book, that's a crime.... as is not playing And Justice For All..... if ANY song should be a setlist staple, it should be that one and at least two out of Ride The Lightning, FWTBT and Creeping Death should be played every night. And why the hell are The Four Horsemen and No Remorse so rarely played? Nothing thrashes like old Metallica

Indestructible
09-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I dont know why people are complaining about the set its the same thing they have been doing since the tour started.I would like to have those first five songs when I see them.You have Lightning,Damage and Sanitarium to me those 3 songs make the set nothing to complain about. The only problem is nothing else matters but I can deal with it since the rest of the set is great. The Judas Kiss would be cool to hear.

Travis The Dragon
09-18-2009, 08:01 PM
I actually like it better when bands keep the same setlist throughout a tour because they might do a song that I really want to hear at the show right before mine then not do that song at my show.

PowerMaiden
09-18-2009, 08:26 PM
I actually like it better when bands keep the same setlist throughout a tour because they might do a song that I really want to hear at the show right before mine then not do that song at my show.

I like your signature :up:

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Fratt
09-18-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm seeing the 2 nd montreal show this upcoming sunday, hope to have a better set than that

I'm going to the first show, I'll try to give you a few hint. Tough I'm not a hardcore Metallica fan, Gojira and LoG will pwn the place :P

Indestructible
09-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Only one from Ride the Lightning!?!?!? In my book, that's a crime.... as is not playing And Justice For All..... if ANY song should be a setlist staple, it should be that one and at least two out of Ride The Lightning, FWTBT and Creeping Death should be played every night. And why the hell are The Four Horsemen and No Remorse so rarely played? Nothing thrashes like old Metallica

Atleast there is one song from Lightning and Justice better than no songs from those albums.

Sanitarium78
09-19-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't have a problem with only one song off RTL here. There should certainly be more than one from the album but as long as they remember to represent the first 4 albums every night i'm OK with it. It would be far worse if they totally ignored it if you ask me. Some sets are like this for them though one night you'll only get one from RTL and get 3 from MOP or AJFA. Then the next night RTL will have three songs in the set and maybe only one each from MOP, AJFA so the way they do it kind of evens everything out. If you've ever seen them live you no that no matter what they play the shows always kick ass and Metallica still gives you two hours or so every night comapred to a lot of other bands younger than them who only do 60-75 mins as a headliner. You get you money's worth when you see them live and that's all that matters in the end.

hellawaits77ny
09-19-2009, 11:27 PM
^^^

You're absolutely right.