PDA

View Full Version : REDEMPTION Guitarist Nick Van Dyk Diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma

Maiden33
09-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=127175

:(
Holy fucking shit, this is absolutely terrible. My absolute regards go out to Nick and his family. This is going to make listening to the new album this weekend pretty intense, knowing what is ahead. Nick is such a nice guy an incredible inspiration to me lately. Man, this is just terrible.

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 04:14 PM
Ah, shit. :( He posted here once or twice, great guitarist and songwriter. I hope this won't be the last Redemption album but if it is I think his legacy is strong.

Fe Maiden
09-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Horrible news!

Maiden33
09-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Well, chalk this one up to Blabbermouth being fucking stupid. This news was posted incredibly late, as Nick broke this personally about a week ago. As it turns out, he got confirmation yesterday that the cancer has gone into complete remission. Naturally, there's always a chance for it to return, but he's opting for the most thorough and aggressive treatment available. It seems things are looking up, after all.

MPF
09-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I'll be completely honest...I'm in tears.

Since May 2007, I have been a HUGE Redemption fan. I was also one of the three very fortunate fans that got to name the DVD/CD Frozen In The Moment: Live In Atlanta I was also very fortunate enough to exchange a few personal emails with Nick.

I'm really pulling for him, I know he'll completly kick cancer's ass.

Fe Maiden
09-18-2009, 06:51 AM
Well, chalk this one up to Blabbermouth being fucking stupid. This news was posted incredibly late, as Nick broke this personally about a week ago. As it turns out, he got confirmation yesterday that the cancer has gone into complete remission. Naturally, there's always a chance for it to return, but he's opting for the most thorough and aggressive treatment available. It seems things are looking up, after all.Thank God, that sounds promising!:party: