PDA

View Full Version : Great idea or another LN cashgrab?

TonyD
09-16-2009, 08:56 PM
http://promo-img.livenation.com/lnus/clubpassport/?c=ogv-fix_CP_1115-02
Would be way cooler if it wasn't limited to select shows, even if it was more money.

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Depends on location. HOB in Cleveland doesn't get as many cool shows as smaller venues like Grog Shop and Peabody's. It wouldn't be worth it for me.

Now if I lived in Detroit, for example, I hear The Fillmore gets all kinds of good shows, so maybe it would be a win for someone in that city.

But basically, everything LiveNation does is a :money:cashgrab, so...

rjturtle9
09-16-2009, 10:00 PM
seems like a cool little thing to have if you live in socal. i would get one but idk. i have about 5 shows i wouldn't mind using that pass on...

Derelict
09-17-2009, 05:19 AM
Tony - I think this is a great deal depending on your city

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-17-2009, 06:03 AM
It might have been helpful for me in 08, but even then I only would have used it three time I believe. Still would saved me money, but I then again I wouldn't have known certain shows would even be at those select venues.

And besides, 09' is already about to end, they should do this at the start of next year :D (even though they never would because that's obviously the point of the time, they want more monnayyy)

SomewhereInTime72
09-17-2009, 12:18 PM
If I do this I would be able to go see shows I had planned not to go to for monetary reasons, so I might actually buy it.