PDA

View Full Version : Alice In Chains -- Cleveland, OH -- September 16th, 2009

petrovar
09-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Venue: House of Blues
Source: Me

Well, all I can say is...WOW! That was a fuckin show! An hour and 40 minutes of Alice in Chains and I was absolutely blown away. Without getting greedy, they played everything I wanted to hear, especially Nutshell. The new stuff live is great, so I am expecting nothing less from the new album.

The order should be correct:

1.Rain When I Die
2.Again
3.Check My Brain
4.Them Bones
5.Dam That River
6.A Looking in View
7.We Die Young :rocker:
8.Nutshell :light::light::light:
9.Love, Hate, Love
10.Sludge Factory
11.Acid Bubble
12.Angry Chair
13.Man in the Box
14.Would?

Encore:
15.Dirt:blaze:
16.No Excuses
17.Rooster

I'm glad the guys decided to keep going. Duvall is a great fit with them. One thing I did notice is that House of Blues is really cracking down on moshing and crowd surfing. If you did any they said they would throw you out. There was a little bit of movement in the crowd and security went nuts and jumped in the crowd to break it up. Dude? It's a metal show! Alice isn't one of those bands where people mosh a lot, but there is certainly movement. Mike Inez looked like he was about to stop playing and jump in at security for being dicks.

ADD
09-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Somewhat ambitious set (rad opener), yet lacking some major knocks (Down in a Hole). I probably wouldn't see it but glad this thing seems to be working out for all interested parties.

The_jman
09-17-2009, 10:41 AM
that's a good set. not a ton different than the one I got on sunday, save the swapping of nutshell and down in a hole... plus, I got less songs, but generally great shows in general.

MusicDude415
09-17-2009, 01:31 PM
I too was going to say that it wasnt much different than the show I saw in Philly 2 weeks ago. Still a great set nonetheless.

Sanitarium78
09-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Except for no Down In A Hole they've been doing great sets so far. I'm just wondering when the new album is released will they drop a couple old ones in favor of the new stuff or will they just add a few new ones on to the current set.