PDA

View Full Version : Trivium -- Farmingdale, NY -- September 11th, 2009

makethemsuffer12
09-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Review to come later.

Trivium set
Kirisute Gomen
Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis (premiere)
Down From the Sky
When All Light Dies
The Decieved
My Hatred (first time w/ Corey and Paulo)
Like Callisto to a Star in Heaven (premiere)
Like Light to the Flies
A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation
Throes of Perdition
Rain
Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr

It might be a little out of order, but w/e. Amazing show.

the chewbacca defense
09-12-2009, 01:12 AM
does it seem like that Trivium hates 'The Crusade' since it seems like they don't seem to play anything from that album anymore. granted, i don't like it either (too much, 'we wanna be metallica rip offs'), but just find it a bit strange. Also like that really old trivium is there too

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Really cool set, loving the Shogun songs played :party:

Wish I could have attended :(. Next time!

xStructualDefect
09-12-2009, 07:30 AM
i'm not the biggest crusade fan either and prefer the other albums over it but i really wanted to hear Entrance of the Conflagtion and Anthem. oh well maybe the setlists will change as the tour goes on. very happy to see Rain play second before last though.

how were Darkest Hour and Whitechapel btw?

makethemsuffer12
09-12-2009, 07:42 AM
i'm not the biggest crusade fan either and prefer the other albums over it but i really wanted to hear Entrance of the Conflagtion and Anthem. oh well maybe the setlists will change as the tour goes on. very happy to see Rain play second before last though.

how were Darkest Hour and Whitechapel btw?

Yea I was kinda disappointed at the complete absence of Crusade material, but I was expecting that.

Now, let me tell you this. I went to this show not liking Darkest Hour a little bit. They absolutely blew me away. They really got the crowd going and just kicked ass all around. Whitechapel sucked long, hard dick, as usual. Fuck that band up it's ass.

xStructualDefect
09-12-2009, 07:48 AM
Now, let me tell you this. I went to this show not liking Darkest Hour a little bit. They absolutely blew me away. They really got the crowd going and just kicked ass all around. Whitechapel sucked long, hard dick, as usual. Fuck that band up it's ass.

that's pretty cool to hear because Darkest Hour is one of my favorite bands and it's always nice to hear people say they didn't like them before or never heard of them and come out thinking they were awesome.

i actually like some Whitechapel. they put on a good performance last two times i saw them.

any idea how long Darkest Hour and Whitechapel played?
if Whitechapel plays a loot longer than Darkest Hour i'm going to be pissed. :mad:

makethemsuffer12
09-12-2009, 07:51 AM
that's pretty cool to hear because Darkest Hour is one of my favorite bands and it's always nice to hear people say they didn't like them before or never heard of them and come out thinking they were awesome.

i actually like some Whitechapel. they put on a good performance last two times i saw them.

any idea how long Darkest Hour and Whitechapel played?
if Whitechapel plays a loot longer than Darkest Hour i'm going to be pissed. :mad:

I think they played for about the same. But goddamn, Whitechapel does not deserve their slot. So shitty. Dirge Within were better than they were.

xStructualDefect
09-12-2009, 07:52 AM
I think they played for about the same. But goddamn, Whitechapel does not deserve their slot. So shitty. Dirge Within were better than they were.

ah i see i'm fine with that as long as Whitechapel doesn't get a longer set than Darkest Hour.

bt11763
09-12-2009, 10:59 AM
i really like whitechapel, but i completely understand why you guys hate them, and i agree with you. but it dosen't drive me away, for whatever reason.

but yeah even though whitechapel went on after, i'd say they had about the same length.

this is what i remember from darkest hour, who were fucking amazing. my only complaint is that they didn't play "deliver us."

Doomsayer:rocker:
The Tides
A Paradox with Flies :rocker:
The Sadist Nation:rocker:
No God:rocker:
Demon(s):rocker::rocker::rocker:

i think the order is correct but i might be missing a song or two.

also, fuck the crusade the only good song off of that is detonation, i am so happy they didn't play anything off it.

MunicipalWasted
09-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Darkest Hour is the fucking bomb...wish they were playing my show and not Chimara...Chimara kicks ass too though so what the hell.

xStructualDefect
09-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Doomsayer:rocker:
The Tides
A Paradox with Flies :rocker:
The Sadist Nation:rocker:
No God:rocker:
Demon(s):rocker::rocker::rocker:

wow that is reallly short. no A Thousand Words To Say But One, or Sound the Surrender? i like a Paradox with Flies and Demons a lot but idk i guess i'd rather hear the heavier fast songs. and maybe it's just me but i really think they should stop opening up with Doomsayer. i think No God would make a better opener. with all that complaining being said i'm still really looking forward to seeing them.

the chewbacca defense
09-12-2009, 03:03 PM
My show is on Halloween. I would die if Chimaira pulled out both Empire and Six.

bt11763
09-12-2009, 10:21 PM
wow that is reallly short. no A Thousand Words To Say But One, or Sound the Surrender? i like a Paradox with Flies and Demons a lot but idk i guess i'd rather hear the heavier fast songs. and maybe it's just me but i really think they should stop opening up with Doomsayer. i think No God would make a better opener. with all that complaining being said i'm still really looking forward to seeing them.

yeah but like is said i'm not 100% sure i mihgt have missed a couple so if someone knows post it

MunicipalWasted
09-12-2009, 11:30 PM
My show is on Halloween. I would die if Chimaira pulled out both Empire and Six.

Chewbacca! :cool:

Metal Maggo
09-14-2009, 07:52 AM
Finally Torn Between... great song!!!

pantera1115
10-02-2009, 09:32 AM
i agree the crusade sucks. But every thing else is awsome, and white chapel has like 2 or 3 good songs but they blow live and their fans suck. The wiggercore fanbase needs to die.

11/4/09-Trivium/Chimaira
12/19/09-Hatebreed/Cannibal Corpse/Unearth:rocker:

dan12con
10-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Dude, Chimaira is awesome!