09-11-2009, 06:02 AM
Never forgive and never forget.

Butcher of Birth
09-11-2009, 08:27 AM
:jima: :usa:

IrritatedTrout
09-11-2009, 09:55 AM
:jima:

Still vividly remember what I did on 9/11 and I was only a kid. Couldn't imagine what it would have been like to be older and in NYC that day.

mankvill
09-11-2009, 10:33 AM
I was in 7th grade. I remember when I got home from school, I had on every TV in the house to the news. I know it sounds bad, but I was really excited. I was way into Tom Clancy at the time, and I thought it was something straight out of one of his books.

:jima::usa:

EUROPE IS A STUPID COUNTRY

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-11-2009, 11:09 AM
:jima::usa:

I was in 5th grade, and my teacher lied to us about the towers falling, saying that they only got hit but they didn't fall. Looking back I understand her incentive, but it was devastating to go home early and see my housekeeper crying, and I was worried like I've never been that my parents could have been dead (both my mother and father do strenuous work in the city). I'll never forget the appreciation I've ever had when I saw both of them walk into my house. R.I.P. to all the victims. That is all I have to say about the matter.

DethMaiden
09-11-2009, 11:15 AM
I was in 5th grade and in the morning they thought it was bombs but by the time we got home they knew it was planes, and I've never been so afraid in my entire life as on that day. At Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, twenty miles away, a low-flying plane caused a sonic boom and covered the base in dust, and the news was reporting it as a possible terrorist attack for like ten minutes before they figured it out, and I was crying and scared shitless. R.I.P. to the victims, praise to the rescue workers and police and volunteers, and here's to eight years on with no more attacks. :light: :usa: :jima:

SomewhereInTime72
09-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Will it ever be politically or socially correct for me not to care anymore? People I don't know don't get 8 year grieving periods.

Wrathchild_84
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Will it ever be politically or socially correct for me not to care anymore? People I don't know don't get 8 year grieving periods.

Unfortunately no. I lived a mile away from the WTC. My uncle worked in the second tower. He saw shit that no one should ever see and he's been able to move on with his life. I've moved on as well. It was all a really fucked up situation but I think it's a lot healthier to move on and try to improve your life as it is rather than dwell on the past and let it mess you up even more.

DethMaiden
09-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't think we're dwelling. Once a year, the horrible, unshakable feeling comes back and I remember those who lost their lives and move on until the same time the next year. There's nothing wrong with offering a brief "in memoriam" once a year.

UnleashTheWolves
09-11-2009, 11:44 AM

I was 9 or ten. are teachers didnt tell us anything. All they told us was to give this letter to our parents. Which talked about 9/11 and things. I saw what happend on the news that day. Didnt understand till a few years later cause I was only 9. Anyone belive the conspiracys on 9-11 I dont have proof but im leaning towards beliving all conspiracys. I can understand if you dont to belive it. 911 couldnt of been any worse but finding out the U.S government did it makes it worse.

UnleashTheWolves
09-11-2009, 11:46 AM

You cant understand how the greving period will last forever. All of the people who dided that day all of there families will for ever griev. I mean I dont give a fuck what happens to someone if it doesnt happen to me or my family or someone my family member likes. I wasnt in NYC that day but I even care about what happend.

SomewhereInTime72
09-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Unfortunately no. I lived a mile away from the WTC. My uncle worked in the second tower. He saw shit that no one should ever see and he's been able to move on with his life. I've moved on as well. It was all a really fucked up situation but I think it's a lot healthier to move on and try to improve your life as it is rather than dwell on the past and let it mess you up even more.

:fist: Well said.
I don't think we're dwelling. Once a year, the horrible, unshakable feeling comes back and I remember those who lost their lives and move on until the same time the next year. There's nothing wrong with offering a brief "in memoriam" once a year.

I personally think people should be remembered by their lives, rather than by their deaths. The day a person dies is of minimal importance, I think.

Today is also the 1-year anniversary of my grandfather's death, but I see no reason to feel a resurgence of sadness, or whatever it is the hell everyone says they have. If I can make it through the day without feeling the need to mope about this or make a tribute or whatever the hell it is, I don't see why other people have to get so worked up about people they don't know who died 8 years ago. It's politically correct nonsense. Or should we mourn every day, because it's going to be the anniversary of a lot of deaths?

I'm sure there still are people who had their lives ruined on this day, and still need to mourn today for their personal reasons. However, I think it is inappropriate, and borderline insulting, that the entire fucking country feels the need to join them in faux-sulking.

That said, :jima::usa:

DethMaiden
09-11-2009, 11:56 AM

I personally think people should be remembered by their lives, rather than by their deaths. The day a person dies is of minimal importance, I think.

Today is also the 1-year anniversary of my grandfather's death, but I see no reason to feel a resurgence of sadness, or whatever it is the hell everyone says they have. If I can make it through the day without feeling the need to mope about this or make a tribute or whatever the hell it is, I don't see why other people have to get so worked up about people they don't know who died 8 years ago. It's politically correct nonsense. Or should we mourn every day, because it's going to be the anniversary of a lot of deaths?

I'm sure there still are people who had their lives ruined on this day, and still need to mourn today for their personal reasons. However, I think it is inappropriate, and borderline insulting, that the entire fucking country feels the need to join them in faux-sulking.

I ultimately agree. I just think that days of national tragedy are different than days of personal tragedy and 9/11 kind of affected everyone, New Yorkers or not.

UnleashTheWolves
09-11-2009, 11:56 AM

There are people that like this country and thats why they mourn for what happend on 911. Weather the government or terrorist did it.

DethMaiden
09-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Weather the government or terrorist did it.

First of all, it's "whether". Second of all, fuck you, Alex Jones.

UnleashTheWolves
09-11-2009, 12:02 PM

Hey there nothing wrong with Alex Jones. They do there research.

Div
09-11-2009, 12:07 PM

you just realize you're provoking a big shitstorm by doing this right? im surprised actually, i thought cameron would've been the one to do that.

DethMaiden
09-11-2009, 12:08 PM
you just realize you're provoking a big shitstorm by doing this right? im surprised actually, i thought cameron would've been the one to do that.

I think the post I quoted and the post he made quoting me were both more shit-stirring than mine. I'm not here to fight, but it's disrespectful to march into a memorial thread with conspiracy theory bullshit.

Div
09-11-2009, 12:10 PM

this is pretty much how i felt. i barely even thought about this today. i remember even looking at the date on my phone several times and not thinking anything of it. i mean it was a horrific event, and i hope nothing like that ever happens again, but i see no reason to sit around and cry over it.

UnleashTheWolves
09-11-2009, 12:11 PM
I think the post I quoted and the post he made quoting me were both more shit-stirring than mine. I'm not here to fight, but it's disrespectful to march into a memorial thread with conspiracy theory bullshit.

But it could be fact no conspiracy. Im not saying its true but its possible just open your mind and look at every thing. I dont think its disrespectful when it could be true. Some of the families that lost loved ones on 911 belive what Alex Jones says.

Div
09-11-2009, 12:13 PM

well he was simply saying "no matter who was behind it, it was a terrible thing to happen" more or less. its not like he came in here posting links to loose change and started naming people or anything. just gotta accept that alot of people out there question 9-11, calling them conspiracy theorists just eggs them on.

Div
09-11-2009, 12:15 PM
But it could be fact no conspiracy. Im not saying its true but its possible just open your mind and look at every thing. I dont think its disrespectful when it could be true. Some of the families that lost loved ones on 911 belive what Alex Jones says.

i wouldnt bother arguing it. i had this debate already with these guys a few years ago, you aren't going to change anyones minds.

powerslave_85
09-11-2009, 12:47 PM
i wouldnt bother arguing it. i had this debate already with these guys a few years ago, you aren't going to change anyones minds.
That's because it's utter fucking bullshit easily and conclusively debunked by scientists and experts. You guys should hang out with the birthers.

I'm with the "let it go and move on" crowd. I had forgotten about today until I noticed the flags on base were at half-staff.

ChildrenofSodom
09-11-2009, 12:52 PM

Thanks, douche. ;) Wasn't even here to defend myself. :lol:

That being said, I don't think I am most reflective on the individual lives lost on 9/11, but rather that we were attacked, the world changed, and this next century is going to be influenced MOST by the events of that day. Conspiracy Theory or not, justifiable or not, support the war or not, you can't argue that this was one of the most important dates of our history, and that remembered both the loss of life and the transformation of our world is important.

Not only is it Patriot Day (which has its bullshit Bush-era nationalistic roots), but Obama also declared it a day of public service and encouraged people to come together as a community and do some sort of service, which I support. Its lame that national and natural tragedy and war has to teach us to support each other.

powerslave_85
09-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Obama also declared it a day of public service and encouraged people to come together as a community and do some sort of service, which I support. Pfft, I already work for him. I'm gonna go home and watch TV.

ChildrenofSodom
09-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Pfft, I already work for him. I'm gonna go home and watch TV.

Good for you, dude. But some people don't, and its pretty frustrating when people bitch and complain about the way things are, but do nothing on their own to make a positive change.

Maiden33
09-11-2009, 02:34 PM

Thank you. I would've said it myself if I had been here sooner.

JRA
09-11-2009, 02:41 PM
The way this thread has developed has reminded me of a PM I once sent someone a few years back. It might have been Dylan but I'm not entirely sure. Anyways, at this person was having a discussion where everyone was all "boo-hoo 9/11", and he was like, "it's been years, enough already" and then everyone got really butthurt over that. I inquired if anybody said "HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF SOMEONE FLEW A PLANE IN2 UR SCH00L?"

ChildrenofSodom
09-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Lots of cynicism in this crowd.

mankvill
09-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I did service by stimulating the economy

and by economy i don't mean my penis

Dextrimental
09-11-2009, 03:27 PM
R.I.P to those who were lost.

I just hope nothing like this ever happens again.. Even though the sad truth is that it more than likely will.. We humans have a nasty habit of pushing ourselves to the precipise (did i spell that right?) of destroying ourselves..

SomewhereInTime72
09-11-2009, 05:12 PM
The way this thread has developed has reminded me of a PM I once sent someone a few years back. It might have been Dylan but I'm not entirely sure. Anyways, at this person was having a discussion where everyone was all "boo-hoo 9/11", and he was like, "it's been years, enough already" and then everyone got really butthurt over that. I inquired if anybody said "HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF SOMEONE FLEW A PLANE IN2 UR SCH00L?"

:lol: :lol: Yes, it was me, I remember this! :tongue:

To clarify, I don't really think there's anything wrong with having a thread on the subject and a quick RIP or even a discussion of the political repercussions (the direction Cameron started heading in :eyes:), but I was pretty annoyed to see an onslaught of facebook statuses about "NEVR 4GET, REMEMBRING VICTMS!! :bawling:" because it all seems so fake.

ChildrenofSodom
09-11-2009, 05:20 PM

To clarify, I don't really think there's anything wrong with having a thread on the subject and a quick RIP or even a discussion of the political repercussions (the direction Cameron started heading in :eyes:), but I was pretty annoyed to see an onslaught of facebook statuses about "NEVR 4GET, REMEMBRING VICTMS!! :bawling:" because it all seems so fake.

What direction was I heading in? I didn't say anything that would warrant a :eyes:. I don't get why every time i open my computer mouth, you guys don't like what i have to say.

Div
09-11-2009, 05:56 PM

agree with the facebook thing. i hate when people try to push some message that way. or "i support this so you should dedicate your facebook status to it too"... its just annoying. to me it says "im too lazy to actually do something that takes effort so ill do this so i can pretend to be involved"

as far as grieving over tragedies goes. its understandable to feel that way, but grief alone doesnt accompish anything. so it doesnt really matter how many people feel sad, the only people who matter are the ones who put their emotions to use in some constructive way.

Div
09-11-2009, 05:57 PM
That's because it's utter fucking bullshit easily and conclusively debunked by scientists and experts. You guys should hang out with the birthers.

cool story bro, but noones trying to get into that debate.

Butcher of Birth
09-11-2009, 06:03 PM
cool story bro, but noones trying to get into that debate.

hahaha Reminds me of this...

http://img.moronail.net/img/9/5/1695.jpg

SomewhereInTime72
09-11-2009, 06:12 PM
What direction was I heading in? I didn't say anything that would warrant a :eyes:. I don't get why every time i open my computer mouth, you guys don't like what i have to say.
I was referring to this:
Thanks, douche. ;) Wasn't even here to defend myself. :lol:

That being said, I don't think I am most reflective on the individual lives lost on 9/11, but rather that we were attacked, the world changed, and this next century is going to be influenced MOST by the events of that day. Conspiracy Theory or not, justifiable or not, support the war or not, you can't argue that this was one of the most important dates of our history, and that remembered both the loss of life and the transformation of our world is important.

Not only is it Patriot Day (which has its bullshit Bush-era nationalistic roots), but Obama also declared it a day of public service and encouraged people to come together as a community and do some sort of service, which I support. Its lame that national and natural tragedy and war has to teach us to support each other.

Not really like there's something wrong with what you're saying, but it's the sort of topic that's typically avoided when this subject is breached. If you get what I mean... :confused:

ChildrenofSodom
09-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I was referring to this:

Not really like there's something wrong with what you're saying, but it's the sort of topic that's typically avoided when this subject is breached. If you get what I mean... :confused:

I mean, nothing said was even slightly controversial. Pretty mainstream, even. Just acknowledge a historical fact. No different than 4th of July or Memorial Day. The only thing that should be making anyone :eyes: is the bullshit about conspiracy theory.

Indestructible
09-11-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't get why every time i open my computer mouth, you guys don't like what i have to say.

How do you think I feel

UnleashTheWolves
09-11-2009, 07:39 PM
R.I.P to those who were lost.

We humans have a nasty habit of pushing ourselves to the precipise (did i spell that right?) of destroying ourselves..

Maybe the government is doing all the destroying and making us think we are destroying our selfs. Something to think about.:horns:

SomewhereInTime72
09-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Maybe the government is doing all the destroying and making us think we are destroying our selfs. Something to think about.:horns:

You seem to be implying that "the government" isn't run by humans. :eyes: :wtf:

UnleashTheWolves
09-11-2009, 07:44 PM
You seem to be implying that "the government" isn't run by humans. :eyes: :wtf:

Who knows some of it is so fucking evil it mind as well be run by something unhuman.

ChildrenofSodom
09-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Who knows some of it is so fucking evil it mind as well be run by something unhuman.

Alright, David Icke. :tp:

mankvill
09-11-2009, 08:08 PM
this thread is bad and you should all feel bad

Butcher of Birth
09-11-2009, 08:11 PM
How do you think I feel

CAN IT!

powerslave_85
09-11-2009, 09:43 PM
In all seriousness, I watch Jon Stewart's post 9/11 monologue every year. It gets me every time. And I listen to Sleater-Kinney's "Far Away."

ravenheart
09-12-2009, 09:34 AM

It will be if you go to another country.