PDA

View Full Version : Females in metal that really BRING IT!!!

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Well, you read the thread title...go!

(BTW, Cristina Scabbia may be hot, but she does not belong on this list - the list is for females that BRING IT!!!)

I'll start, with just three of my favorites:

Julie Christmas - Made Out of Babies, Battle of Mice, Spylacopa
Angela Gossow - Arch Enemy
Laura Plesants - Kylesa

EDIT: Make that four.

Jackie Gratz - Giant Squid, Grayceon, Amber Asylum

DethMaiden
09-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Julie Christmas and Jackie Perez-Gratz are definitely the biggest two for me personally. Grace Perry from Landmine Marathon and Angela Gossow both have some pretty massive death metal vox, not just for women but in general. And who doesn't love Pamela Moore's duet with Tate on "Suite Sister Mary"?

Div
09-09-2009, 07:41 AM
doro pesch :D

powerslave_85
09-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Eh.

Maiden33
09-09-2009, 08:56 AM
http://www.myspace.com/necromancetheband

powerslave_85
09-09-2009, 09:21 AM
You forgot the [/shameless plug] tag ;)

JRA
09-09-2009, 09:23 AM
lol $ha@ron o$bourne

she reelly brought it 2 maydn gais.

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Julie Christmas and Jackie Perez-Gratz are definitely the biggest two for me personally. Grace Perry from Landmine Marathon and Angela Gossow both have some pretty massive death metal vox, not just for women but in general. And who doesn't love Pamela Moore's duet with Tate on "Suite Sister Mary"?
I'm not a really big Queensryche fan, but I'd bet this was a pretty epic performance to a Queensryche fan just as the show where Karyn Crisis performed her vocals from "Throwing a Donner Party at Sea" was to a Giant Squid fan such as myself. Do you have a link to a video? I couldn't seem to find anything on YouTube...

...and by the way:

Karyn Crisis - Crisis

EDIT: Grace Perry - fuck yes. Nice call. That chick can wail. Another one like that is Mel Mongeon of Fuck the Facts...I was an instant convert when I saw them open for Converge (?) last year. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 09:42 AM
You forgot the [/shameless plug] tag ;)

:lol: This.

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 09:43 AM
lol $ha@ron o$bourne

she reelly brought it 2 maydn gais.

u r a frikin twatburger

DethMaiden
09-09-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm not a really big Queensryche fan, but I'd bet this was a pretty epic performance to a Queensryche fan just as the show where Karyn Crisis performed her vocals from "Throwing a Donner Party at Sea" was to a Giant Squid fan such as myself. Do you have a link to a video? I couldn't seem to find anything on YouTube...

...and by the way:

Karyn Crisis - Crisis

EDIT: Grace Perry - fuck yes. Nice call. That chick can wail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQ6no6PUm0

Beware, low quality, but this is the ultimate version, from the Operation: Livecrime DVD.

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 09:49 AM
doro pesch :D

:lol: I figured that somebody would mention her within the first five posts. You did it in two.

She's easy on the eyes (as is Pamela Moore), and she has certainly put in her time (25 years!), but I was looking for someone who brings the energy just a little more than that. Still, she's a legend - I'll give her that. :D

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQ6no6PUm0

Beware, low quality, but this is the ultimate version, from the Operation: Livecrime DVD.

Nice. Yeah, if you're a Queensryche fan this has to be pure gold.

ADD
09-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Laurie and Christy from Ludicra, Lori from Acid King

Spiral_Slave
09-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Emmi Silvenoinen from Ensiferum

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Emmi Silvenoinen from Ensiferum
Yes. But even better:

Laurie and Christy from Ludicra, Lori from Acid King
Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout, brotha!!! :rocker:

How did I not listen to Ludicra before? I'm on that shit right now...

SomewhereInTime72
09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Wata from Boris. :cool:

mankvill
09-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Doris from ChthoniC. :lovedup:

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Wata from Boris. :cool:
Yes. Great live show.

Doris from ChthoniC. :lovedup:
Yes. Haven't seen them live yet...looking forward. They are coming to Cleveland on 10/20, but I'm either going to Converge / High on Fire / Keelhaul in Cleveland the night before, or (hopefully) Mastodon / Dethklok / Converge / High on Fire in Detroit the night after. There's no way imma be able to make a back-to-back show thing fly with the wife, mang. Plus, I have to watch my son that night, because she's working. Oh well - next time.

JRA
09-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I guess Angela aside, the women in metal who "bring it" the most are the ones who aren't used as marketing tools for their band.

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 11:42 AM
I guess Angela aside, the women in metal who "bring it" the most are the ones who aren't used as marketing tools for their band.
Amen, brother. :blaze:

JuuKun
09-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm appalled that Floor Jansen hasn't been mentioned yet.

As far as clean female vocals go, IMO, she has the most powerful of any female in metal.

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm appalled that Floor Jansen hasn't been mentioned yet.

As far as clean female vocals go, IMO, she has the most powerful of any female in metal.
That may be true, but I think she has to be filed under "Cristina Scabbia" (see my original post). I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers, though. :D

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Veronica Freeman from Benedictum. Absolute beast, sounds like a man :rocker:

UnleashTheWolves
09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
:horns:OTEP:horns:

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-09-2009, 01:00 PM

:nonono:

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Veronica Freeman from Benedictum. Absolute beast, sounds like a man :rocker:

Word. She kinda sounds like Bruce Dickinson in the videos I saw.

:lol: Yeah, but she does fuckin' bring it. You may not like her music, but that chick can rock out with her cock out - and that was the point of the thread.

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Word. She kinda sounds like Bruce Dickinson in the videos I saw.

Need to check out Beast In The Field and Shell Shock, mad good tracks.

UnleashTheWolves
09-09-2009, 01:08 PM

Have you heard OTEPs Vocals.:horns:

RISE REBEL RESIST:horns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ooXPFRh6rs

SWEET TOOTH:horns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiV5BkDwCfU

HEAD:horns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffpsbcVlXVA

GHOSTFLOWERS:horns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO9b5mw381I

Now Tell me she doesnt bring it.:horns:

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Have you heard OTEPs Vocals.:horns:

RISE REBEL RESIST:horns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ooXPFRh6rs

SWEET TOOTH:horns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiV5BkDwCfU

HEAD:horns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffpsbcVlXVA

GHOSTFLOWERS:horns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO9b5mw381I

Now Tell me she doesnt bring it.:horns:
Don't forget T.R.I.C. - awesome video, too.

EDIT: Ghostflowers - what a badass tune. Her range is all over the place, too. Melodic singing one minute, brutal screams the next. Nice.

DethMaiden
09-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Sean Yseult played a MEAN fucking bass in White Zombie. Check out "Black Sunshine" for proof.

mankvill
09-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Yes. Haven't seen them live yet...looking forward. They are coming to Cleveland on 10/20, but I'm either going to Converge / High on Fire / Keelhaul in Cleveland the night before, or (hopefully) Mastodon / Dethklok / Converge / High on Fire in Detroit the night after. There's no way imma be able to make a back-to-back show thing fly with the wife, mang. Plus, I have to watch my son that night, because she's working. Oh well - next time.

Sucks. They're gonna be in Wichita, but I think I'm gonna try and see them there. Saw them on Freefest and I've been jonesin' too see them since. They WERE in Lawrence, KS with Nile, but I didn't know it at the time. :mad:

JuuKun
09-09-2009, 01:29 PM
That may be true, but I think she has to be filed under "Cristina Scabbia" (see my original post). I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers, though. :D

I guess I didn't get the memo that a female needs to growl or do harsher vocals to "bring it". IMO, Floor has a more powerful voice than just about any of the others mentioned here, and though I haven't seen most of the girls mentioned here live, she also has a larger stage presence than most of the vocalists I've seen.

Maybe we just have different concepts of "bring it", :D

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 01:35 PM
I guess I didn't get the memo that a female needs to growl or do harsher vocals to "bring it". IMO, Floor has a more powerful voice than just about any of the others mentioned here, and though I haven't seen most of the girls mentioned here live, she also has a larger stage presence than most of the vocalists I've seen.

Maybe we just have different concepts of "bring it", :D
Well, stage presence certainly does count, so tell ya what - I'll give ya Floor. She does have some pipes, that's f'sho. :rocker:

EDIT: I just didn't want this to be a "name all the chicks you know in metal" list, or "who are the hottest chicks in metal" list - in that case, Cristina would have won at the outset and there would have been no use for any of the other posts. :D

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Sean Yseult played a MEAN fucking bass in White Zombie. Check out "Black Sunshine" for proof.

Aw, yeah. Reminds me of Paz Lenchantin - she played a killer bass for A Perfect Circle as well.

...and speaking of female bass players who kick ass - I'm ashamed that none of you have mentioned Jo Bench from the mighty Bolt Thrower. Now she herself has admitted that she's not the best bassist in the world (probably just being humble), but the band she is in is a major powerhouse of grindcore, and her part is just as valid as any other. Hail the mighty Bolt Thrower, and hail Jo Bench!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

powerslave_85
09-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Kat from Agoraphobic Nosebleed is fucking awesome. I wish she sang on the whole record instead of just a few songs.

JuuKun
09-09-2009, 01:57 PM
oh yeah.
Don't think she's been mentioned yet.

Dr. Mikannibal from Sigh kicks some major ass as well.

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Kat from Agoraphobic Nosebleed is fucking awesome. I wish she sang on the whole record instead of just a few songs.
Nice. This reminds me of another one. Speaking of chicks who pull vocal duties only occasionally, but who handle it extremely well...I saw (unfortunately) some bits and pieces of Winds of Plague's set at Summer Slaughter this year, and even though I'm not a big fan of the band - and even less of a fan of their douchebag fans - I have to admit that their keyboardist Kristen Randall really brought the fire in their closing song. She picked up a mic and stalked around the stage like a pissed off jungle cat - screaming at the top of her lungs and shit. She really surprised me. Still don't really like the band, but Kristen was a nice treat. She brought it. :rocker:

rjturtle9
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
i would say:
Angela Gossow
Cristina Scabbia (deal with it)
and Doris (who aside from my girlfriend, i'm prfetty sure i'm in love with :lovedup: )

but the chick that most "brings it" will have to be Sabina Classen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVzpp4pCc8s

mastodon421
09-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Anglea Gossow from Arch Enemy and Grace Perry from Landmine Marathon bring it and are both fantastic vocalists.

IrritatedTrout
09-09-2009, 05:08 PM
...and speaking of female bass players who kick ass - I'm ashamed that none of you have mentioned Jo Bench from the mighty Bolt Thrower. Now she herself has admitted that she's not the best bassist in the world (probably just being humble), but the band she is in is a major powerhouse of grindcore, and her part is just as valid as any other. Hail the mighty Bolt Thrower, and hail Jo Bench!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Came in here with Jo in mind. She's the only girl I really care for in metal. I guess Angela is ok too, and Simone Simmons (:drool:).

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Anglea Gossow from Arch Enemy and Grace Perry from Landmine Marathon bring it and are both fantastic vocalists.

Fuckin' A right, bro. :party::rocker::party:

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Cristina Scabbia (deal with it)
:lol:

but the chick that most "brings it" will have to be Sabina Classen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVzpp4pCc8s
No shit! I'd never heard of them before - nice fuckin' call. She's a rager, that's for sure. Gotta check me out some Holy Moses...

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Simone Simmons (:drool:).
Jesus fucking Christ, yes. She basically has no place in this thread (I'm pretty familiar with the wuss-core that is Epica), but gawd DAMN is she hot. Prolly hotter than Cristina.

BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT, DAMMIT!!! SOMEBODY MAKE A "HOT CHICK" THREAD IF WE'RE GONNA TALK ABOUT THAT!!!

(Sorry, you just got me a bit discombobulated there. I just don't want the thread to get off topic. Simone Simmons is so fucking hot, though. Dammit - I did it again, you asshole! :D)

JuuKun
09-09-2009, 06:00 PM
(I'm pretty familiar with the wuss-core that is Epica)

There's absolutely nothing "core" about Epica. :confused:

Also:
HOLY SHIT HOW DID I FORGET SABINA CLASSEN

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 06:32 PM
There's absolutely nothing "core" about Epica. :confused:
You're right. The "core" moniker is a bit overused - but, what I was trying to say was that Epica is basically the exact opposite of "badass" (which is basically the topic of this thread). It is beautiful, and beautiful metal has its place, too (although that place generally isn't my CD shelf - unless it's post-rock), but beautiful metal and this thread are just two different things. If Explosions in the Sky or This Will Destroy You had women in them, they still wouldn't make this thread - even though I like those bands very much. Does that help clear things up?

Sorry - I didn't mean to belittle any music of which you might be a fan.

(I might do it in a different context, but not in this thread, and not in the comment which you quoted above. ;))

JuuKun
09-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Oh, okay. Yes. That's fine.
I was just sitting there, befuddled at HOW anyone could see anything remotely "core" in Epica, haha.

Though, you want badass from Epica, listen to "Death Of A Dream" off of The Divine Conspiracy :rocker:

/offtopic

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Though, you want badass from Epica, listen to "Death Of A Dream" off of The Divine Conspiracy :rocker:
I will...as a penance. ;)

(jk)

EDIT: Ya know, that wasn't half bad. That's as close as opera gets to death metal, anyway. Cool song. In the hands of lesser songsmiths, this mixture of genres could have been complete rubbish. These folks pull it all off quite nicely, though.

Natrlhi
09-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Here are a couple more:

G. Amber Valentine - Jucifer

Musically, they are all over the map, but there's definitely both metal and punk all over their sound. The band is simply a married couple - she sings and plays guitar, and he plays drums. That's it. But they make a hell of a lot of cool-sounding noise together.

Cheshire Agusta - Stinking Lizaveta

Another unique band - a couple of brothers, and a female drummer who brings the heat. They are an "instru-metal" stoner-y trio who is very obviously influenced by the greats (Zeppelin, among others). They have a new album out called "Sacrifice & Bliss" - check 'em out for something completely different.

Speaking of female drummers, there is another trio worth checking out...Seattle's Helms Alee. He (Ben Verellen) plays guitar and sings. She (Dana James) plays bass and sings. She (Hozoji Annie Matheson-Margullis) plays drums and sings. All three of them bring it. What a trio - very much in the vein of Torche, or a host of their other labelmates at Hydra Head, these folks are an up-and-coming force to be reckoned with. Check out their debut LP "Night Terror" - it's fantastic.

Nat :horns:

ADD
09-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Yes. But even better:

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout, brotha!!! :rocker:

How did I not listen to Ludicra before? I'm on that shit right now...

:allan:

Ludicra are the most underrated band in underground metal as far as I'm concerned, really inspiring stuff, especially live. Makes you wanna put down your instruments and at the same time start taking your music shit seriously at the same time. Their drummer Aesop is also one of the coolest people on the planet.

Natrlhi
09-10-2009, 07:13 AM
:allan:

Ludicra are the most underrated band in underground metal as far as I'm concerned, really inspiring stuff, especially live. Makes you wanna put down your instruments and at the same time start taking your music shit seriously at the same time. Their drummer Aesop is also one of the coolest people on the planet.
Word. I "obtained" some of their stuff last night, and I love it. They are also friends / associates with many other musicians / bands that I love (Giant Squid, Grayceon, Asunder, Amber Asylum, Kylesa, Wolves in the Throne Room, Jarboe...), so that's cool as well. Like I said, I have no idea how these folks stayed off my radar screen for so long - this find alone is worth having started this thread...thanks! :rocker:

Natrlhi
09-13-2009, 08:27 PM
I just got another one...thanks to Mankvill. Hey buddy - did you know that Gorod had a female drummer for their first two albums? The new one doesn't have her on it (it's some dude who is also way good), but her name is Sandrine, and she's a short, stout little firecracker of a French chick who can absolutely whale on those fucking skins. It would be interesting to see if she joins up with some other death metal outfit now that she has left the Gorod unit...she is really, really good.

Natrlhi
09-15-2009, 08:57 AM
I have been struggling as to whether to add Maria Brink to this list. I saw a video of In This Moment's cover of Blondie's "Call Me" last night on the tube, and I have to say, I kinda liked it. Maybe it's because I always thought Blondie was kind of "pre-punk" and cool, but this cover was pretty OK. Maria doesn't necessarily "bring it" on this tune, but it just brought up the subject in my mind as to whether she belongs on this list or not.

On the one hand, In This Moment's material is sometimes a bit girlie (to me). On the other hand, this chick can really scream her damn fool head off when she wants to. On the other hand, Maria's presence at the front & center of this band is obviously a bit of a marketing tool. On the other hand, she has lots of awesome ink all over her body, and I think this woman is the real deal at least in terms of being both a fan of metal and a musician within the genre.

So maybe it comes down to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPiFS76_QQs&feature=related

That should do it, huh? I guess she's in. :D

EDIT: If that doesn't do it for you, check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzX0X3mn4Yg&feature=related

Pantera's not my favorite band (although they're not bad, either), but I'd have to say "she brung it". :D

IrritatedTrout
09-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Saw In This Moment open for Megadeth back in 07. :barf:

illninoese
09-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Alissa White-Gluz, lead singer of The Agonist

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/27130941/The+Agonist+Alissa+WhiteGluz.jpg

AND

Justine Ethier, drummer for Blackguard

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/127/l_c97c1bbbb241f5f59371840afbd069f8.jpg

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Justine Ethier, drummer for Blackguard

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/127/l_c97c1bbbb241f5f59371840afbd069f8.jpg

Word. Yeah, I saw Justine at Summer Slaughter this year - she was manning (or "womanning"?) their merch table for most of the show, but at the time I was not familiar enough with their material to go up to her and be all like, "I love your stuff...you guys rock...etc.". But I heard from multiple folks that they were / are really good. Unfortunately, we missed their set because they played first and the guy who went with me had to get off work before we could leave. :(

Anyway, nice call. Female drummers (who can play) rock. :rocker:

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 03:35 PM
So here is a summary thus far:

Cheshire Agusta – Stinking Lizaveta (drums)
Jo Bench – Bolt Thrower (bass) :rocker:
Maria Brink – In This Moment (vocals, tattoos, boobies) :drool:
Christy Cather – Ludicra (guitars, vocals)
Julie Christmas – Made Out of Babies, Battle of Mice, Spylacopa... (screaming, crawling on the floor, clawing at her own face) :eek:
Sabina Classen – Holy Moses, Temple of the Absurd (vocals)
Karyn Crisis – Crisis (screams, shrieks, dreadlocks, general badassery) :rocker::rocker:
Elizabeth Elliott - Dreaming Dead (guitars, vocals)
Justine Ethier – Blackguard (drums)
Veronica Freeman – Benedictum (vocals)
Angela Gossow – Arch Enemy, Mistress, Asmodina (Carcass-like vocals) :rocker:
Jackie Perez Gratz – Giant Squid, Grayceon, Amber Asylum, Asunder... (badass electric death cello, vocals) :horns:
Dana James – Helms Alee (bass, vocals)
Floor Jansen* – After Forever (vocals)
Katherine Katz (Kat) – Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Salome (vocals)
Paz Lenchantin – A Perfect Circle, Zwan, The Chelsea… (guitar, bass, piano, strings, vocals)
Hozoji Annie Matheson-Margullis – Helms Alee (drums, vocals)
Dr. Mikannibal – Sigh (saxophone, vocals)
Mel Mongeon – Fuck the Facts (screaming, chicken necking, pure attitude)
Pamela Moore* – Queensryche (session vocalist)
Grace Perry – Landmine Marathon (screaming like a stuck pig)
Doro Pesch – Doro, Warlock (vocals)
Laura Pleasants – Kylesa (guitar, vocals) :blaze:
Kristen Randall* – Winds of Plague (keyboards, vocals)
Lori S. – Acid King (guitars, vocals)
Sandrine – Gorod (drums)
Cristina Scabbia* – Lacuna Coil (vocals, hotness exceeded only by the core of the fucking SUN) :lovedup: (this one is just for rjturtle ;))
Otep Shamaya – OT3P (vocals, tattoos, piercings, attitude) :rocker:
Laurie Sue Shanaman – Ludicra (vocals)
Emmi Silvennoinen – Ensiferum (keyboards)
Simone Simmons* – Epica (vocals, hotness exceeded only by Cristina Scabbia) :drool:
Sarah Teets – Necromance (vocals)
Jessica Thoth - Jex Thoth (vocals)
Amber Valentine – Jucifer (guitar, vocals)
Wata – Boris (guitars, vocals)
Alissa White-Gluz – The Agonist (vocals)
Doris Yeh – ChthoniC (bass, vocals) :drool:
Sean Yseult – White Zombie (bass)

Pretty fuckin' nice.

WHO ELSE?!?

EDIT: Asterisks added, because DethMaiden told me to! ;)

DethMaiden
09-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Well, it just turned into a "name women in metal" thread, but that's okay. This is an impressive list. :fist:

DethMaiden
09-16-2009, 03:41 PM
And on the subject, Jex Thoth:

http://decibelmagazine.com/assets/editorial/jexthoth_3.jpg

Sabbath throwback formula that everyone is doing, but cool like Witchcraft not gay like The Sword.

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Well, it just turned into a "name women in metal" thread, but that's okay. This is an impressive list. :fist:
Well, it kinda did (which is what I didn't want), but many of these names do deserve to be there. Maybe I should put asterisks next to the ones I think - in my infinite wisdom of all that is metal :rolleyes: - that are borderline...?

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 03:46 PM

Sabbath throwback formula that everyone is doing, but cool like Witchcraft not gay like The Sword.

She looks pissed.

...and The Sword is not gay! :mad:

DethMaiden
09-16-2009, 03:51 PM
She looks pissed.

...and The Sword is not gay! :mad:

She is.

...and they are.

;)

And you need to add Jex Thoth to the master list. I want to have a women in metal day and go through the full list at some point. :D

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 03:56 PM
She is.

...and they are.

;)

And you need to add Jex Thoth to the master list. I want to have a women in metal day and go through the full list at some point. :D
Done.

...and...

:bigfinger

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 04:07 PM

Shit - if these guys are in, then Electric Wizard has to be, too.

b_halperin
09-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Elizabeth Elliott: Vocals/Guitars (Dreaming Dead)

and theres a girl bassist in all that remains i think.

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Elizabeth Elliott: Vocals/Guitars (Dreaming Dead)Hell yes, bro! This chick plays a wicked geetar, and does hellish good vocals at the same time! That ain't easy...just ask Muhammed Suicmez (although granted, she's no Muhammed). ;)

and theres a girl bassist in all that remains i think.
Now this one I'm gonna have to question, since you weren't even sure about it. ;) Yes, they do have a female bassist, but I don't know enough about them to know if she "brings it", or if she just simply plays bass and has a pikachu (Chelsea Handler reference).

But Elizabeth Elliott - hell yes. All day long. Nice.

EDIT: They are coming to Cleveburg in January with Nile, Immolation & Krisiun! I'm so fucking there. Nice call, bro - glad you posted this.

b_halperin
09-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Now this one I'm gonna have to question, since you weren't even sure about it. ;) Yes, they do have a female bassist, but I don't know enough about them to know if she "brings it", or if she just simply plays bass and has a pikachu (Chelsea Handler reference).

he dont not bring it enuf my frend. And yah dude elizabeth elliot really dus bring it

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 09:16 PM
he dont not bring it enuf my frend.
heh? :eyes:

Anyway, I just checked out a couple of interviews with Jeanne from ATR on YouTube, and she's kind of a dork and a spazz (by her own description, basically). She reminds me of Garth from Wayne's World - so sorry, no Jeanne (for me). :(

b_halperin
09-16-2009, 09:20 PM
heh? :eyes:

i dunno im gettin lazier with grammar, i think i can make my own seet of grammar rules

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Alissa White-Gluz, lead singer of The Agonist

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/27130941/The+Agonist+Alissa+WhiteGluz.jpg
:scared: Crikey! :eek: :drool: :lovedup:

I couldn't see that photo while I was at work earlier today - but now I'm at home and I can see it.

Good God, man! She's mega-hot in that photo...Imma have to shuffle off to YouTube now... [shuffle shuffle shuffle] :D

Natrlhi
09-16-2009, 10:17 PM

Really liking this Jex Thoth album. Way, way psychedelic. It's throwback shit to be sure - way the fuck back. Nice. Very, very groovy (both in the 70's sense of the word, and the literal sense, as in possessing great grooves or hooks :D). Very fucking cool.

FOOTNOTE: She "brings it", but it's just at about 5 mph max. :D Nice pipes, though.

DethMaiden
09-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Really liking this Jex Thoth album. Way, way psychedelic. It's throwback shit to be sure - way the fuck back. Nice. Very, very groovy (both in the 70's sense of the word, and the literal sense, as in possessing great grooves or hooks :D). Very fucking cool.

FOOTNOTE: She "brings it", but it's just at about 5 mph max. :D Nice pipes, though.

You're welcome. ;)

Natrlhi
09-18-2009, 12:34 PM
You're welcome. ;)

:bowdown:

HollowShell
07-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Agnete Kirkegaard - Madder Mortem - Vocalist

Check out Madder Mortem's "Deadlands". Excellent record. Fell in love with Ms. Kirkegaard after hearing this recording. Very dark, haunting, and powerful.

idrinkwine732
07-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Jo Bench was mentioned in here right...right...?

Natrlhi
07-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Jo Bench was mentioned in here right...right...?

Absolutively. She was one of the first names mentioned - I think it was by yours truly.

I'm pretty sure that Andrea Black from Howl belongs on here, but I can't seem to locate any good videos of them playing and I haven't seen them live yet.

Stay tuned... ;)

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/howl/sxsw2010/9.jpg
http://static.open.salon.com/files/dsc_18481238979986.jpg

Crionics
07-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Here's a new one. Vanja Slajh, the bassist of Triptykon.

Her playing with Tom G. Warrior= Automatic favorite female in metal

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8066/triptykon.th.jpg (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/triptykon.jpg/)

JRA
07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Here's a new one. Vanja Slajh, the bassist of Triptykon.

Her playing with Tom G. Warrior= Automatic favorite female in metal

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8066/triptykon.th.jpg (http://img683.imageshack.us/i/triptykon.jpg/)

Well sheeiiiiit. He should have just fired Martin from Celtic Frost, fired the drummer that was pissing him off, and brought back Mark St. Reed and that girl.

Crionics
07-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Well sheeiiiiit. He should have just fired Martin from Celtic Frost, fired the drummer that was pissing him off, and brought back Mark St. Reed and that girl.

Haha yeah, although Reed isn't in Triptykon, he was supposed to be but I don't know what happned. A guy named Norman Lonhard is the drummer of Triptykon, and I think he did a damn well job.

Wizzbang11
07-14-2010, 11:52 AM
The correct answer is:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/jiparrag/Cabilla/boltthrower1.jpg

also acceptable:
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/28/l_1e0fb6dce73f46a2b9c7070fabe10422.jpg

Crionics
07-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Jo has been mentioned a shitload of times in this thread bud ;).

jhdeity
07-14-2010, 11:57 AM
If stage presence counts, Marta Peterson is a beast. She was going apeshit last time I saw Bleeding Through. Couldn't take my eyes off of her

Wizzbang11
07-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Jo has been mentioned a shitload of times in this thread bud ;).

Doesn't mean it's not the correct answer ;)

And Goddess of Hammering Chaos hasn't been mentioned.

Oh and RIP
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/27089479/Bludwulf+a8.jpg

Akumu
07-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Agnete Kirkegaard - Madder Mortem - Vocalist

Check out Madder Mortem's "Deadlands". Excellent record. Fell in love with Ms. Kirkegaard after hearing this recording. Very dark, haunting, and powerful.

They've been one of my favorite bands for ages now, though my personal favorite album of theirs is Desiderata. Her voice is amazingly emotive.

The Green and Black
07-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Without a doubt, the Metal Queen, Doro Pesch!

Also

Liv from Sister Sin
Dani Nolden from Shadowside
Elizabeth from Dreaming Dead
Ida Haukland from Triosphere (recently discovered this band and really dig it)
And a back in the day mention for Sean Yseult from White Zombie.

I am sure there are more, but those came to mind right now. :fist:

Natrlhi
07-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Elizabeth from Dreaming Dead
:metal: :rocker: :metal:

I met her at the Nile show last year - she is a real sweetheart. She writes most of their material, and she is a monster on the axe.

(Holy cow - something else you and I agree on...isn't this a sign of a pending apocalypse? ;))

Indestructible
07-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Maria Brink from in this moment. Also she is the hottest women ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwTv45OW5Yw
http://www.perfectpeople.net/media/medium/14885/157376-1269909702.jpg

Natrlhi
07-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Maria Brink from in this moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwTv45OW5YwYou're almost a year late, bro. Her name already came up in this thread long ago.

Also, her work in In This Moment sucks ass, in my opinion.

I could be convinced that MAYBE she deserves to be on this list based on the following links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPiFS76_QQs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzX0X3mn4Yg&feature=related

...but not for the shit you posted.

Also she is the hottest women ever.She's not always as hot as she appears to be in the pic you posted:

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/inthismoment.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2099/2332541728_d42498c723.jpg

Natrlhi
07-19-2010, 11:07 AM
also acceptable:
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/28/l_1e0fb6dce73f46a2b9c7070fabe10422.jpgWhodat

Fires Of Sedition
07-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Maria Brink from in this moment. Also she is the hottest women ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwTv45OW5Yw
http://www.perfectpeople.net/media/medium/14885/157376-1269909702.jpg

She's more than one person?

The Green and Black
07-19-2010, 11:51 AM
:metal: :rocker: :metal:

I met her at the Nile show last year - she is a real sweetheart. She writes most of their material, and she is a monster on the axe.

(Holy cow - something else you and I agree on...isn't this a sign of a pending apocalypse? ;))

Yes, I discovered them on the Nile tour and thought she reminded me so much of Chuck. I bought their CD at that show. So yeah, must be the end of the world, no other way to explain it! :eyes:

Natrlhi
07-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Yes, I discovered them on the Nile tour and thought she reminded me so much of Chuck. I bought their CD at that show. So yeah, must be the end of the world, no other way to explain it! :eyes:

:lol:I take it you're talking about Chuck Schuldiner...funny because that's exactly what I've always thought as well.

The Green and Black
07-19-2010, 11:55 AM
I take it you're talking about Chuck Schuldiner...funny because that's exactly what I've always thought as well.

But of course, the one and only Chuck! ;)
So that's another thing we agree on. hmmm :confused:

Natrlhi
04-02-2012, 10:24 AM
G. Amber Valentine - Jucifer

Musically, they are all over the map, but there's definitely both metal and punk all over their sound. The band is simply a married couple - she sings and plays guitar, and he plays drums. That's it. But they make a hell of a lot of cool-sounding noise together.Inspired by recent events: just checking to make sure Gazelle Amber Valentine is on here.

Yup, she is. :D

AnataFan4Life
04-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Som from Cerebral Bore, anyone? :rocker:

mastodon421
04-02-2012, 03:17 PM

Hell yeah!:rocker:

kalfitegrdan
04-03-2012, 12:41 AM

This! :party:

Also, Masha Scream from Arkona.

Rocco44
04-03-2012, 01:06 AM
http://www.fixtheskyalittle.net/ak06_l.jpg

Stevie Floyd (Dark Castle) - Badass guitar player and vocalist

Natrlhi
04-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Som from Cerebral Bore, anyone? :rocker:Absolutely. :rocker:

Masha Scream from Arkona.I don't know anything about her. :eyes:

Stevie Floyd (Dark Castle) - Badass guitar player and vocalistDefinitely. :fist:

Speaking of which, you might want to stay tuned to my 2011 thread... ;)

kalfitegrdan
04-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Definitely. :fist:

Go to Paganfest!! :D

Natrlhi
04-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Go to Paganfest!! :DNot likely. It's just ending now, and so is my day. Mom's at work, kids are in bed, time for pops to crash.

Plus, folk metal isn't really my thing.

Except maybe Ensiferum - they're loads of fun. :fist:

kalfitegrdan
04-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Plus, folk metal isn't really my thing.

Except maybe Ensiferum - they're loads of fun. :fist:

Folk metal may not be your thing on CD, but it's everyone's thing live.;) Every folk metal show I've ever been to has been an absolute blast.

Ensiferum is indeed loads of fun live. One of my favorite bands.

treghet
04-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Meanstreak - all female thrash/power metal band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZStNomDkfDs

Warlock - heavy metal from Germany fronted by a female: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53skBWybcY8

Epidemic Reign
04-04-2012, 09:01 AM
CADAVERIA

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/8307503/Cadaveria+faces001.jpg
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/29049511/Cadaveria+3095525111_854186c461.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KrXPT5J5aXo/TWAOKurYo5I/AAAAAAAAAVw/r5CFKzZ-ZBM/s1600/Cadaveria%255B2%255D.jpg

Epidemic Reign
04-04-2012, 09:21 AM
She may not look like much of a threat, but Cadaveria will fucking bitchfist you straight to hell. Trust me.

:rocker:

treghet
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
She looks like a stereotypical high school goth chick. :hecho:

John The Drummer
04-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I'd recommend everyone to check out Suspended from New Mexico. They did a tour back in August/September and my band got to play with them, they kicked ass!

www.reverbnation.com/suspendedchickz

kalfitegrdan
04-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I'd recommend everyone to check out Suspended from New Mexico. They did a tour back in August/September and my band got to play with them, they kicked ass!

:drool: That's some good shit.

Natrlhi
04-04-2012, 08:33 PM
:drool: That's some good shit.Fuckin' A. :fist:

Natrlhi
04-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Meanstreak - all female thrash/power metal band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZStNomDkfDs

Warlock - heavy metal from Germany fronted by a female: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53skBWybcY8Both a bit heavy on the old-school :ecw: factor for me, but definitely not shitty. :D

moobys37
04-04-2012, 11:04 PM
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_12516406

Vulture featuring the awesome Kelly Gabany on drums.

adamclark52
04-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Mel from Fuck the Facts.

Natrlhi
04-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Mel from Fuck the Facts.Definitely. I mentioned her on the first page of the thread. ;)

MetalIsArt
04-05-2012, 10:50 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/s28jsl.png

Thank you please come again.

:drool:

John The Drummer
04-05-2012, 04:27 PM
:drool: That's some good shit.

Fuckin' A. :fist:

I was quite unsure about them when I first checked them out (AN ALL GIRL THRASH BAND, WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE!?), but seeing them live, and hanging out with them, amazing musicians and extremely nice.

They also do a sick cover of "Blinded By Fear" by At The Gates, dunno if there are any videos. BUT YES, Suspended, listen to them! :rocker:

Natrlhi
04-06-2012, 01:06 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/s28jsl.png

Thank you please come again.

:drool:She is a beautiful woman, no doubt about that.

However, that isn't what this thread is about, so no.

MetalIsArt
04-06-2012, 01:51 PM
She is a beautiful woman, no doubt about that.

I just had to post that pic. :allan:

treghet
04-06-2012, 04:09 PM
I just had to post that pic. :allan:

Which I believe has been the third time on this forum, and she's your avatar. Your obsession is just a bit creepy. ;)

John The Drummer
04-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I would also like to add the drummer from Terra Morta (Tacoma, WA) to this list! The band as a whole is awesome, and she is one of the best female drummers I have heard!

Terra Morta
www.reverbnation.com/terramorta
www.facebook.com/pages/Terra-Morta/101962159891012

Their older/recorded stuff is a lot different from the new style they are going to. The older material is more Melodic Death Metal, while their new turn is a more Swedish Melodic/Atmospheric Blackish Metal... I really cannot describe it haha, but it's awesome and I think they have videos on their Facebook of the new stuff.

Please check them out!

Epidemic Reign
04-06-2012, 05:58 PM
She is a beautiful woman, no doubt about that.

She's already on the list, brah. You posted it ;)

Besides, just because she isn't covered in tattoos and doesn't scream doesn't mean she can't bring it. She's one of the most talented women mentioned in this thread.

MetalIsArt
04-07-2012, 02:24 AM
Which I believe has been the third time on this forum, and she's your avatar. Your obsession is just a bit creepy. ;)

The last thing Epica I posted was the setlist from their album presentation @ Tilburg. I'm not obsessed with her, I just think she's one of the most beautiful women on this earth, her eyes are doing it. That pic has been posted before, obviously, but not by me.

What do you think about the Mastodon masturbation on this site?

:eyes:

Anyway here you have Sharon:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2j2vvwg.jpg

treghet
04-07-2012, 02:28 AM
What do you think about the Mastodon masturbation on this site?

Well Mastodon doesn't have boobs. ;) But I'd say the overused Emmure jokes are quite a bit worse than any Mastodon masturbation that takes place here.

Epidemic Reign
04-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Anyway here you have Sharon:

To be fair, that is a relatively horrid photo of Sharon. Let's see her true beauty ;)

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/19731691/Sharon+den+Adel+SP_SharondenAdel140208_18.jpg

MetalIsArt
04-07-2012, 04:12 AM
To be fair, that is a relatively horrid photo of Sharon. Let's see her true beauty ;)

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/19731691/Sharon+den+Adel+SP_SharondenAdel140208_18.jpg

I quietly nod my head in silence. :bowdown:

Sanitarium78
04-07-2012, 07:23 AM

There is no such thing as posting too many pics of Simone Simons:D

MetalIsArt
04-07-2012, 08:56 AM

Thank you sir.

dcmetal108
04-07-2012, 09:21 AM

This :D

treghet
04-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Mlny from Royal Thunder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfh5iYhIVlg

They have a new album coming out soon.

Natrlhi
04-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Mlny from Royal Thunder: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfh5iYhIVlg

They have a new album coming out soon.Fuck yes, actually. I've been meaning to bring her name up in this thread. :fist:

Some of those others sound like they're worth checking out - I gotta get on that.

Oh, and @Mike, I knew when I made the comment that she was already on the list, but I was hoping nobody would remember. :D

As I recall, I put her on there reluctantly, because I didn't want it to be just because of her looks (which are obviously astounding). Her voice is great, no question there, but posting only a photo and saying nothing else at all is pretty much making it all about her looks and not about her voice, as far as I'm concerned - hence my comment. :D

Anyway, sure she can stay - if for no other reason than the fact that she's probably more talented than many of the others that have been mentioned here anyhow.

dinanm3atl
04-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Marsha Scream of Arkona mentioned in here? Her stage presence in a live show is awesome. She is excited to be there and loves the music. Her voice can be both melodic and a growl on command. Just saw them a few nights ago again. Awesome live. Many friends at the show commented on how awesome they are live.

Wait till ~1 minute in and see what she brings to the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt6_65LDZ60&ob=av3e

http://www.demotix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/large_610x456_scaled/photos/first-viking-rock-festival_388228.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmzoql2HmM1qg3rejo1_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo8d1oI14N1qhfef7o1_500.jpg

dinanm3atl
04-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Another would be Anna Murphy from Eluveitie. Met her a few times and she is very much in the metal mindset and friendly to boot! She not only plays a badass instrument(hurdy gurdy) but does vocals. These vocals can be carrying a very nice harmony and really get into the metal mode! Love her voice!

15 Seconds in is Anna. Also throughout with back and forth with Chrigel(lead singer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMT1dpqTQR0

Singing in Rose for Epona

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1lXdLus2WI

Her jump into getting into the metal spirit was Quote the Raven from their last album. FF to 3:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giuqpKzjdGo

Shot with Anna last time they were in town - https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189813_10150097269601501_2198850_n.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_waWEiTfa5UQ/S-SdySY4fvI/AAAAAAAAAaY/LKKqPxXOiFU/s1600/ana+murphy.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uiohxWhNHeU/TTjm4ZOsx9I/AAAAAAAAHk4/ymIijeJgULA/s1600/30.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2340/2741770080_d91a54c7c4.jpg

Epidemic Reign
04-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Anna Murphy is a badass.

dcmetal108
04-12-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.ladiesofrock.com/Lzzy_Hale_Halestorm_Picture_20.jpg

zgodt
05-04-2012, 05:30 PM

Thank you! First band I thought of when I saw the thread title. They're badass.

Dominique Persi from Stolen Babies is also pretty unfuckwithable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTnjwiORl6o

And I love Laura Binder from Dalriada.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F7b4skyUy4

kalfitegrdan
05-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Thank you! First band I thought of when I saw the thread title. They're badass.

Dominique Persi from Stolen Babies is also pretty unfuckwithable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTnjwiORl6o

And I love Laura Binder from Dalriada.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F7b4skyUy4

Just checked both those bands out and they definitely deserve a spot here.
Especially Daldriada! Holy shit, that chick's harsh vocals...they're so...so...harsh!

Natrlhi
07-27-2012, 02:35 AM
http://www.cityofdevils.info/storage/BLACKMATH%2001sml.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1 270742228799
http://blog.ourstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/427015_10151362821170024_324730205023_22847790_371 261369_n.jpeg

treghet
07-27-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm glad I had the opportunity to see Royal Thunder live. Great band.

Edit: Actually, that photo is from when I saw them.

Natrlhi
07-27-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm glad I had the opportunity to see Royal Thunder live. Great band.

Edit: Actually, that photo is from when I saw them.Yeah, they're coming 'round with Pallbearer soon, and I hope to hell I can see one of those shows. But, ya know, twins 'n' shit. So who knows.

On a related note, hopefully one or both of my daughters will make this list in about fifteen or twenty years. :D