Trigger
Drifter
Touch Of Red
Pinball Map
Alias
The Mirror's Truth
The Quiet Place
Take This Life

Pretty awesome show all around. In Flames played much better this time than the two times I saw them last year, they seemed much more into it and weren't as tired it seems. Nice to see Embody and Drifter in the setlist. Killswitch were really good as well, got the crowd going. I'm glad they didn't close the show though. Protest The Hero and Between The Buried and Me opened but I don't know their material well. BTBAM were pretty awesome though.

broncoz
09-09-2009, 05:44 AM
Killswitch set looks pretty good and normal. Awesome that In Flames kept Embody and Square nothing in from the summer festivals, but they keep closing north america with take this life which i dont like. Meh, they will add like 7 more songs for the USA part of the tour so by the way this 13 song set looks the usa portion should be much better than last tours.

kevin_headbanger
09-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Correct setlist, and thanks for adding.

Killswitch Engage was very good, and I think they were surprised by the crowd. Nice setlist, they played all their classics and singles. Finishing the show with Holy Diver is awesome.

As for In Flames, I was kinda disappointed by the setlist... Seen them in Montreal back in Nov. 2008, and they had a much better setlist (they were headlining though...). I thought they would play some older stuff, but there was no fuckin song from Whoracle and even Jester Race!!! And I was hoping for a Satellites And Astronauts, but they played Square Nothing instead... Overall, it was a great show, with Anders doing some jokes (he looked less tired than usual). IN FLAMES WE TRUST.

Mancubus
09-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Only three old songs from In Flames? This band needs to understand that most of their fans love them for their first five albums.

maidenpriest
09-09-2009, 09:39 AM
i wouldnt mind seeing that Killswtich set, all my favorite songs are on there. and for In Flames...yay for embody the invisible...>.>

The_jman
09-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Awsome killswitch set.
the inflames set was rather meh.
I would have liked to have seen more from clayman or colony.

jotun2graveland
09-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Only three old songs from In Flames? This band needs to understand that most of their fans love them for their first five albums.

A lot of times on forums, it may seem so. But a lot of those people don't really see In Flames anymore, because they know they're going to play other material. Plus, In Flames has gained a much bigger fan base with their more recent albums. Granted, I don't like anything past Clayman, but I can see why In Flames would stick with newer material. When I saw them a couple of years ago, everyone was just dead in the audience during Graveland (the only old song they played that show).

JuuKun
09-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I can't blame them for playing mainly new stuff - because the majority of the crowds going to see them DO want to see the new stuff. Not our faults if they don't know the bands best material, but it's the truth. Would I kill for a more old school setlist? Hell yes I would. But it probably won't happen.

Though, if they did a tour with a really good support band or two and played atleast a few songs I'd want to see, I'd consider going - but none of the bands on the US tour interest me at all.

On the Killswitch Engage note: Why do they insist on closing with a song that isn't theirs? I mean, I'm not really into them to know, but do they not have any sort of signature/fan-favorite song they could close with, and instead have the cover near the end of the set? Unless it's a case of a vocalist's solo band closing with a song from the vocalist's old band (Ozzy closing his set with Paranoid, or Dio closing with Heaven and Hell, stuff like that), I think it's lame as hell to end a headlining set with a cover. A support set where you want to get the crowd into it for one last song? Go for it. Headlining/co-headlining? Lame.

UnleashTheWolves
09-09-2009, 11:56 AM
The In Flames set is good its better than alot of the ones I have seen recently. In Flames set could be a little longer this is a co-headlining tour. Killswitch again the set could be a little longer. I would like to see more from The End of Heartache.:horns:

SerpentineVIVIVI
09-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Sigh. As I told myself before, the setlist would determine my attendance. The jury says: Fuck that.

Fratt
09-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Epic show, though the openers were pretty bad ... they could have chosen waaayy better support acts.

Anyway, KSE fans were irritating, there was a lot of immature hardcore kids moshing dirty, it ruined my moshpit experience. I found In Flames' crowd much more friendly and mature.

KSE were pretty funny though :) and Adam's suit was cool.

As for In Flames I think they did their best with the time they had ... but hell, the show finished at 23h, they could easily have packed another song or two. Where are Come Clarity, My Sweet Shadow, Behind Space, TJR stuff (I don't like whoracle hehe) and FUCKIN ONLY FOR THE WEAK ???

We should blame KSE for that, they should have supported :flame:

Great show anyway.

UnleashTheWolves
09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
We should blame KSE for that, they should have supported :flame:

KSE is more populare than In flames.:horns:

xStructualDefect
09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
after seeing the set i don't really feel band about not being able to make it to see in flames cuz of school that night. nice to see Embody the Invisible and Square Nothing though.

KsE has a pretty good setlist though.

mankvill
09-09-2009, 03:59 PM
the show finished at 23h

hehe

Fratt
09-09-2009, 05:47 PM
KSE is more populare than In flames.

meuh not sure about that ... anyway in mtl most of the fans were there for In Flames (I think ...)

Anyway we all know In Flames kick KSE's ass so hard it isn't funny.

Jimfear1986
09-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Between the Buried and Me's setlists for anyone interested:

All Bodies
Obfuscation (new song)
White Walls

I haven't cared for them for a few years now, but they still put on a good show. Really tight musicianship.

kevin_headbanger
09-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I agree, and I was freakin happy they played White Walls... It's a 14-minute song, I just love this song. And they played new stuff, I'm waiting for The Great Misdirect so bad!

The soudn wasn't too good though (for the BTBAM set).

UnleashTheWolves
09-10-2009, 03:08 PM
meuh not sure about that ... anyway in mtl most of the fans were there for In Flames (I think ...)

They might be. :horns:

makethemsuffer12
09-10-2009, 03:23 PM

Maybe if they actually played a reasonable setlist...

Derelict
09-10-2009, 04:06 PM
i would have left after embody the invisible and not missed anything IMO

Hoodieman36
09-15-2009, 11:17 AM
When I saw IF at Gigantour they had a better setlist, not great, but better.

But Pinball Map, yes please :drool:

andrew_metalhead
09-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey guys..

I'll post this on the other forum too, but here goes.

I'll be interviewing In Flames on September 22nd. So if you guys have any (serious) suggestions for questions, do let me know! Thanks!

Hoodieman36
09-16-2009, 12:57 PM
i don't have any good suggestions for questions but ask them about their future plans

andrew_metalhead
09-16-2009, 12:57 PM
i don't have any good suggestions for questions but ask them about their future plans

noted. thanks \m/

UnleashTheWolves
09-16-2009, 03:12 PM
He

I'll be interviewing In Flames on September 22nd. So if you guys have any (serious) suggestions for questions, do let me know! Thanks!

Can you make your sets a little better.Less A Sense of Purpose and more of the old stuff Whoracle-Clayman. And then stuff from Reroute-Come Clarity.:horns:

b_halperin
09-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Hey guys..

I'll post this on the other forum too, but here goes.

TELL THEM TO PLAY EPISODE 666.

UnleashTheWolves
09-16-2009, 03:38 PM
All we need is two songs from Whoracle,Colony and Clayman a night. Thats 6 songs so the other 12-14 can be what ever else they want to play.

broncoz
09-16-2009, 03:38 PM
They usually tend to answer set list questions the same, about how people stand around like zombies during older songs. Tell them to make a new dvd already and put more variety in the set list.

mastodon421
09-16-2009, 03:39 PM
You should ask them how they got such an awesome lineup to come out with them on this tour.

UnleashTheWolves
09-16-2009, 03:39 PM
They usually tend to answer set list questions the same, about how people stand around like zombies during older songs. Tell them to make a new dvd already and put more variety in the set list.

Well then they should get to know the older songs.

b_halperin
09-16-2009, 03:41 PM
You should ask them how they got such an awesome lineup to come out with them on this tour.

er, killswitch, protest the hero....

mhmmmmmm:tp:

mastodon421
09-16-2009, 03:45 PM
er, killswitch, protest the hero....

mhmmmmmm:tp:

I was talking about the US tour w/Between The Buried And Me 3 Inches Of Blood and The Faceless. but the canada lineup is awesome -Protest The Hero

b_halperin
09-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I was talking about the US tour w/Between The Buried And Me 3 Inches Of Blood and The Faceless. but the canada lineup is awesome -Protest The Hero

us tour is awesome lineup haha i wish i could go